Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Ant's been killing Opie for drat near an hour now, this rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The best part of the exchange is

Op: If you're not happy, leave
Jim: I am, in October
Op: Why wait?
Jim: I'm not quitting my job, I want the money. You're my boss, fire me.
Op: Why would I do that?
Jim: Uggghhhhhhh......

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

jyrka posted:

Ant has some new t-shirts for sale:

loving hell, Ant

lol

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So is NY a place that takes away gun permits to those 4 charges?

possibly, it's up to discretion whether or not the guns were mentioned or involved

if she said he threatened her with them and the police believed her, those guns are in lockup with him

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Cromulent posted:

His show is going on as scheduled tomorrow.

I hope he opens with "your mom's box"

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
"Excuse me, which way is north?"

*wakes up in Nassau Co. lockup at Christmas*

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

godface zillah posted:

Your whole sick society. That's who's guilty man, we're just your lousy escape goat.

I flattened her rear end, Saaaaaam

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Sometimes Ant looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about Ant is he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn't even seem to be livin'... 'til he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The tile turns red, and despite all your poundin' and your hollerin' Ant comes in and... he rips you to pieces. You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred pills. I don't know how many drinks we had, maybe a thousand. I do know how many pills, they averaged six an hour.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Why so eager to doubt the accuser?

And seriously I can't believe this is a national headline. I'm really agape that anyone outside hardcore listerners give a gently caress what going on in Anthony's life.

They made the wonderful choice years ago to specifically annoy the media, especially the ones in NY. Bad news if you're a white trash gindaloon.

also, lol

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

lmao

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Haha, imagine if they end up taking his guns

He got charged with a violent felony, they probably took them already.

Now, imagine if they don't give them back!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
#1. How many people even know Ant does voice work for GTA, and...

#2. The last thing Rockstar wants is for GTA to be accused of sexist violence

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
you could also say she was late on her hat payment

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'd like to think Ant had some force ghost vision of Patrice shaking his head at him while he was locked up, but I know better. He's going to double down just like every other time he's caught with spaghetti on the wall

right next to Patrice is Ant's dad, a silent ghost tear sliding down his face as he slowly gives Ant the thumbs up

e- VVV oh yeah Steve C's ghost was supposed to be there too but it had the day off

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Niwrad posted:

I don't know if he'll lose his guns but decent chance NYC revokes his concealed carry permit. They're incredibly difficult to get and pretty sure they pull them for anyone that has an order of protection against them.

They do.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
How much you wanna bet it'll come out that the police have been called to Ant's house multiple times over these two?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

OldTennisCourt posted:

Oh man he is so loving screwed.

why do people say this, he has his own podcast that probably makes most of his money through subs and not ads

this'll probably net him some (awful) listeners, I don't think this hurts him at all

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

CrashCat posted:

Lol if you think she won't own that studio after the civil suit

He's literally unemployable so if he can't use that place to be self employed he's going back to tin knocking

now, he might be a complete idiot, but I assume he has limited liability between him and the TACS stuff

he's doing the show in Manhattan I thought, she might get a piece of him (I doubt it) but she won't be able to pursue damages against his company

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
gently caress, yeah, that's true

my prediction is he walks, then loses the civil suit and about $250,000

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
lol and now Ant is way late for his show today

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It's ok because the guy covering for him atm just was talking about that psycho in Vegas, and he just went right at "well, Gavin got in trouble before for saying this, but maybe she should have been home taking care of her kid." They're joking about lawyers not letting them talk, too.

I really think Ant just digs his heels in here.

e- Ant, lol "Picture a place that Ant would HAAAATE. That's where I was."

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 21, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
"There's a bright side to this whole thing... if I hadn't been fired by Sirius, I would've been fired by Sirius. So we can throw that whole thing out the window."

Ant literally doesn't give a poo poo.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
gently caress, Ant just said management suspended him from Christmas until January 1st.

:vince:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I always liked their honest radio wars better. They got in one with JV & Elvis here via regular radio and XM. I was working on a car at my old jobs remote location, and my truck has XM.

Here's the whole thing in painstaking detail.

Basically, JV & Elvis were dumping out and blaming O&A, and with both stations on you could hear it in real time. It was loving amazing to see the hack radio tactics play out like that. Plus the bonus of being a really funny war with pests and dick pictures and everything.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Sankis posted:

Oh poo poo. That's one of them!

I think I may be conflating two shows.

The one I remember had two guys and a girl. One of the guys played the laid back bro sort of character and the other guy played the uptight professional. I distinctly remember one of the breaks they made fun of had the second guy talking about wearing a suit to work.

It was a really horrid show.

didn't they do one of these once where it was two guys and a girl, only the girl was hilarious and one of the guys was the hole?

I feel like there was

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

iroguebot posted:

Honestly I've been listening to these and the show really was much better without Opie.

The best shows they ever did with Opie were the AFRO shows, mainly because Ronnie B is gonna own any room he's in, but also because back then Opie was smart enough to know he wasn't funny.

Op's main funny quality was his unbridled rage episodes, like jumping on cakes, breaking pinball machines, anything where he could be honestly angry in a surprising and awkward spot. It was something no one else in radio was doing, and those moments are almost all comedy gold.

Along the way he decided to be more stable for his family, which is understandable, but it also undercut the only comedy he brought to the show.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Dec 23, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Steve C was no Al Dukes

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

blackmarketlimb posted:

Patrice was convicted of statutory for having sex with a fifteen year old when he was 17. There's a world of difference between that and noted ghoul Anthony Cumia, plotting in his Long Island bunker how he's gonna beat Jimmy Savile's record.

that point aside, it's still pretty true that Ant and Patrice were friends and a lot more similar than people seem to recognize

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

and stents. Don't forget stents. And the seething hatred of women.

and being raised in front of a TV in a dysfunctional family

and being trapped in childhood

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It's not that weird considering he kinda knew he was dying.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
And so begins the newest member of the trainwreck family!

I'd pay for Davey Mac alone

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The show has been kinda funny so far, Davey Mac is a loving lunatic

e- "They call me the Irish Cobra"

"Why do they call you the Irish Cobra?"

"HIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS"

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 13, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Having him do this every other week is perfect. If he did this every day I'd hate him in a week. Once every two weeks? This is awesome.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
when the host is taking pulls from an audience member's flask you know it's a good show

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Ronnie B on TACS killing it atm

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
the dog driving away alone line slayed me

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I always wondered if the pests would turn on the boys eventually

They have, and they post on Reddit

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

shits.ridic posted:

i never thought reddit would turn on ant because it's a more right leaning(?) site i guess. opie is fish in a barrel, and they had largely soured on jimmy, but they still loved ant. the rddit moved on to attacking amy shumer for some reason so i got bored. check back one day, and ant's vine faves are exposed :stare: and i think that was the final straw because every time i check the reddit now they are shredding ant just as much as opie. the boys are all very damaged individuals who cultivated this psychopathic fanbase. the weirdest thing is to see them act surprised that it happened

Ant's not surprised, he kinda laughs about it.

For all of his flaws, and we all know they are large and many, Ant still manages to be the most normal dude of the three.

e- also I'd listen to Don Henley or Glenn Frey solo over the Eagles any day, and there ain't no way that's gonna happen

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 22, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Cory Lidle posted:

The other two guys kept their poo poo in line enough to maintain an easy money job. Gonna have to disagree there, Ant's off the rails.

I had an easy money job too, until last year when I quit due to the place being filled with assholes

No doubt Ant is loving crazy, but he seems happy and doesn't really give a gently caress about what goes on. Jim and Op I feel are probably way more loving psycho than Ant, they just hide it better. The Reddit thing is perfect in showing this. Ant gives zero fucks, Op gets super pissed, and Jim argues with them.

I don't think Ant is sane by any stretch, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

LOL at the comments

he probably reads them and rages about it, too

my god that's unfunny

• Locked thread