Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

An Enormous Boner posted:

Bennington is unlistenably cutesy syrup. Apparently Pepper saying wacky things to Siri was good enough for someone to clip specifically and post to YouTube. In 2015. You are all insane.

It's a bunch of people constantly giggling at lukewarm to completely not funny things.

It's palatable pot talk if you're just laying around smoking and leveling your Diablo characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

AndrewP posted:

What's wrong with the app? I haven't been able to fast forward or rewind any of the past couple On Demand episodes. I even downloaded yesterday's and no dice.

It's basically sucked ever since they did the redesign of it (though it sucked before, too). I've seen the issue you mentioned, as well as endless 'Poor Internet Connection' stops of *fully downloaded* shows.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Ronnies the best, I hope he loses some weight so I can have 10 more years of good radio. Knowing him though he'd probably rather go out before he loses touch

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

livingfruitvirus posted:

I hope we can eventually go a whole show where Jimmy doesn't bring up feet.

Dr. Ruth was kind of a bitch about that whole thing, but it was so uncomfortable that I'm glad Dave Atell was there to conduct the interview and keep things light. I don't think I could have taken Jim and Opie attacking an 87 year old legend.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

But you see Jimmy is growing as a ~*~*Person*~*~ and spends most of his free time working out with his trainer, not eating too many carbs, and shopping for soaps and lotions on the weekend.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Meth Rollins posted:

The Opester got a little butthurt today. Notice the rest of the studio going dead quiet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi8QVUB13Xc

Vos with a great line, :laffo:

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Of course he's not going to stop having Vos on the show, he needs all the talent he can get. He was absolutely legit butthurt about that however.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

what's with all this reddit talk of Ant and xanax, did he add a second debilitating addiction since I quit paying much attention to him?

I don't do Reddit, but Alcohol and Xanax don't mix, this may not end well.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

I'm still only an hour in to today's O&J, but do they ever get informed that Rubio's water bottle thing was a reference to that SOTU response from a couple years ago? I mean it it didn't go over great but it's not really a bomb in the way they are droning on about.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

The Extrapolator posted:

Im loving the Sam Robert's show and I could be the only fan in this thread. No mentions of him ever.

I listened a lot at first but I found myself tiring of his tendency to take some unwavering stand on minutae and defend it from callers for 60 minutes, and his fawning over Katie Linendoll. Has he developed more of a show yet? It felt a little too much like wrestling but not in the good Ron & Fez way, more just in the 'hey I'm going to be a heel for 2 hours today mhwa-ha-ha' sense.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

https://player.siriusxm.com/

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

He always talks about 'his girl' like he wants to keep his private life private. Maybe Kim is his girlfriend or wife?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

I'm more shocked that there is a fallout 4 guide. I thought video game manuals were dead.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

At the time I actually thought that Opie's ragging on Fez was one of the funnier things he was capable of. He had some great Fez lines that hit deep. Of course he got positive feedback for them so he ran them into the ground eventually.

Also, an unpopular opinion perhaps but I just listened to today's Sam Roberts show, and damnit redneck Chuck is radio gold. A limited amount of Chuck though, he hit his peak in the first 5 minutes today and they should have let him go after that.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

This is really going to put a damper on the O & A Christmas reunion show.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

They were both hilarious people that would sabotage their careers rather than lose face, and both racists. One was more funny while being racist.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Under the vegetable posted:

Right now I want Ant and Fez doing a show together.

I think this would actually kill Fezzie

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Does Fez really have an appreciable amount of money? How much did Ron + Fez make at their peak?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

That's a lotta full-coverage swimwear

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Does he still heat his pool to hot tub temperatures in the middle of the winter? I mean oil prices have dropped and all...

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

O__O posted:

why did I think that Hardrock Johnnie was a skinny east asian man

Nobody associated with The Bennington Program is skinny

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

I think the right direction for Jimmy with Chip is not animation, but to do some performance art like Pee Wee Herman/Mr. T/Jiminy Glick where he's just in character 100% of the time. Some Sacha Baron Cohen poo poo, Where Jimmy becomes Chip.

It would be obnoxious, sure, but so are a lot of those characters to a lot of people. And Jimmy is quick enough to pull off all the unscripted jokes that would need to be made in such a situation.

Pakistani Brad Pitt fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 1, 2016

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

What exactly did the Stangels bring to the show anyway? Were they pulling strings behind the curtain to even keep it on the air, or to get celebrities that O&J otherwise couldn't have booked?

I'm not even as negative about the show as most people online -- (to me, its about equal to the badness of O&A during the last few years of Anthony's rants, but a far cry from O&A's heyday), but I don't see why they were this critical piece that Opie owes anything to? Surely he and the existing staff are capable of following the news for topics to discuss without hiring someone just for that?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Why am I listening to a moron shout at me about Burger King and Home Depot while Jim Norton plays "the truth is in the middle"?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

I'm afraid with Garry Shandling dead this year of Celebrity Deaths is going to kill Ron. :(

Pakistani Brad Pitt fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 24, 2016

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

He's like fat Mario Lopez

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

If you're not listening to Bennington while high as balls and clapping at the pretty colors, I don't know what to tell you. It's pretty much Pot Talk - The Radio Show, with an annoying hipster artist interview every other week.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

drat he picked the right career at least

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Morning buddays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQS1Rwo5vp0

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

I hung on for quite awhile after Anthony leaving but I only listen once a week or so on demand if the topics/comics in the preview are any good.

For the most part I've been reduced to Ron and Fez

e: in all seriousness Bennington rules and is cool and good like 80% of the time.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Reddit blamed the wrong person for a crime in an attempt to break news? Color me Shocked!

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Has anybody really laid into Norton on the air? Because when I see that poo poo, I kinda want someone to really hurt his feelings and make him feel bad.

Yeah Norton gets a pass because he's a friendly boy. He needs to be viciously torn apart for his earnest Trump support, his fake alcoholism, and his general ignorance of media/pop culture while existing in/commenting on it.

Really all of the O&A crew are pretty ignorant of the world going on around them. It's always cringey when they get on someone like Ricky Gervais or Marc Maron who are actually observant of the world, and then Opie or Jimmy don't know some basic fact that you should have learned in junior high social studies class.

Pakistani Brad Pitt fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 1, 2016

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

80s James Hetfield posted:

Haha, listening to Opie bash Stacey Dash for saying "Hirojima" instead of "Hiroshima" gave me a laugh/eyeroll when he had just spent the entire day saying Chuck Webner instead of Chuck Wepner when they were talking about Ali

Opie probably shouldn't be bashing anyone's pronunciation when he reads news stories and trips up on 'big words' with all of the cadence and timing of a 3rd grader called on to read the next paragraph in class.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Going to cross-post this here because it was clearly posted to the wrong thread:

Pakistani Brad Pitt fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 20, 2016

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

What the gently caress is an Eckert Brother? Google seems to think it is a construction company in Ohio. Has Ant been reduced to knocking tin again?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

spudsbuckley posted:

Cakehorn is probably my favourite R&F moment ever.

"Running their cakehorn, tootin' that!" and the slow realisation of everyone else in the room that Fez had just said that.

I just re-listened to this yesterday thanks to the thread bringing it up. "Foghorn Cakehorn" slays me every time.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

CrashCat posted:

please, someone apprehend this man immediately :ohdear:

:boom:

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

That was a great set of highlights but all of the stunted computerized voices detract from it. Is there no one on the O&A Reddit who has any voice talent?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

pentfixion posted:

"We're two guys."

Who's the Asian chick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

She doesn't really look underage, just Asian. No comment on T status.

• Locked thread