Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Checking this out now that you've gotten this far.

Looking forward to see how many shots of Jack playing Jack nets you.

EDIT: I entered my name as Fabio in MGS2 and I was not disappointed.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Hammurabi posted:

In the MGS universe does wearing sexy jeans give you sexy genes?

Incredibly stupid question.

Is Otacon the only person in the MGS universe to be seen wearing a pair of jeans?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

You have no idea how sad I was to find out the skateboarding minigame didn't make it to MGS2 HD, even though the VR missions and Snake Tales did :(

That's because it was basically a demo for Evolution Skateboarding. I had it a while back and lost it. You :airquote: fight Dracula by kick flipping into his shins.

I couldn't quickly find Vs Dracula footage. So have a giant spider(?) instead.

https://youtu.be/7jPRUSi0LMU?t=3m52s

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

So I was thinking about making a channel trailer because why not,

Make a looping video of the following things.

Spinning in place firing the FAMAS at Mantis.
Falling in the pit trap.
Spinning in place firing the FAMAS at the stealth soldiers.
Falling in the pit trap.
Repeat.

What I'm saying is make a best hits version of this fine video of yours https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQfkyvUlxH4

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Ah yes. The real show starts here :allears:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dear Danaru.

Please do not die of Liver Failure.

Not until you clear MGS3 at least.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
My favorite part of Raiden's "skull suit" setup is how they have Raiden's real blood sitting on a shelf somewhere.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Danaru. Buddy.

While your suffering is it's own form of comedy, killing yourself for internet strangers is also no good.

So before you Start up MG3 or MGS4 or further games, see if you can find an online script, and then do a quick search for how many times a potential drinking word shows up.

If it is more than say, *filters for the fact internet "script" has editors notes saying "They are talking about-" constantly* more than...

You are going to die.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
It helps that Fatman is the only member of Dead cell who is enjoying himself in a non creeper manner. On top of being the only member of Dead cell to do poo poo of Mission Relevance for Raiden, instead of Personal Relevance (Sorry, Nameless military guys. You really don't count for anything)

I am sad that Fatman was not an alternate unlock in Evolution Skateboarding, even if he did have roller blades instead.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

I was going to hang on to this until the episode came out, but here's a preview of episode 12 or so.

The simulation has failed.
Raiden's dunk skills are superb though.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Stupid things that amuse me.

How Raiden says "Freeze" when you hold people up, after waking them with the coolant spray :downs:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

I finished editing episode 8 today, since part of it wouldn't render right, and I can promise you Ames makes our episode go over by like ten minutes by just saying Metal Gear over and over :froggonk:

It's training for your next drinking game.

During Cutscenes only, when Snake grunts or makes a pained sound.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ironslave posted:

Dan, are you planning to do the final 40+ minute cutscene blitz in a single sitting?

Because I think that may actually kill you.

If he survives, only one drinking game rule can possibly kill him.

Every time during a cutscene/codec, that Snake Grunts, groans, or makes a pained sound.

Though joking aside, I am wondering what will be done with the "ration" rule when they hit MGS3. Considering how much eating can be involved in that game.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

The gameplay is really the only thing I bring to the table, aside from the capture card :( Grace brings 100% of the humour and personality.

You MOSTLY know what you are doing, which makes for a nice contrast between "What the gently caress is this idiot doing" playthroughs and "Danaru's GZ run is over before you know it" playthroughs

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Chumping Vamp with the grenade launcher is fine, but it's no hitting them with the Nikita Melee's backswing :colbert:

Lot faster though :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Where did you find the lost footage of Kojimas cut content?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
No Free lunch is just drudgery, and if I remember right, eat the same thing enough times he starts to like it.

Plus it's more satisfying to watch someone take a drink because of a fuckup, which capitalist healthcare would cover more :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Ah, I see you will employ the Hayabusa method of "infiltration"

:f5:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

evilspacehopper posted:

So I got this idea, when you meet Granin you should totally take a drink when he does. I don't think he drinks much as he's already drunk by the you get there but still let's not let a comrade drink alone.

This is a nice idea :buddy: Granin is a cool guy and deserves it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

The best part is, the Virtuous Mission was his first mission with FOX, so going into operation Snake Eater, he and his unit have failed 100% of the missions they've been assigned.

I want to imagine that off screen The Boss has been putting people into coma's left and right, and Snake's the only one besides the Cobra Unit who's still able to stand properly. I can appreciate The Boss basing her hiring process on who can withstand the most dunks at a time.
Outside of political and/or conspiracy logic reasons, I'd say it would have to be something like that. As far as they know, Snake is literally the only person on the planet who has survived The Boss trying to kill them. "drat, Boss killed basically her husband on that bridge. You're telling me this guy got thrown off, landed next to the Sorrow's corpse, and healed his broken arm by jabbing it with a lit cigar?"

Danaru posted:

I was referring to the Soliton Radar, but stopped myself from staying Soliton in the hopes that Grace wouldn't notice :v:

Grace always notices.

What you should do is calmly correct Grace what a LADAR is every time he engirshes it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidar

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 8, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

I plan on fighting him with the shotgun, and only because I don't remember if it's possible to win by kicking him repeatedly.

I will literally upload a seven hour video of me chasing an old man through the woods and booting him in the face repeatedly if that's what it takes, even if it loses every subscriber I have.

gently caress snipers.

Will you be holding him up with the shotgun?

I'll be honest, I sympathize with you doing it on camera. Just because I CAN get the multiple holdup goodies then dart him into submission... Doesn't mean I don't take goddamned forever doing it.

So seeing him (hopefully) get ragdolled off a sniper ledge by a shotgun would be wonderfully cathartic no matter how long it takes.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

So far the vote is leaning towards No Free Lunch, which might be an extreme problem considering we might have to fight The Fear and The End one after oh you fuckers you planned this on purpose didn't you

Look man, I only vote for Capitalist Health Care.

Which is also applicable if you are terrible at the Fear/End fight because you need to go to the Cure menu to pull crossbow bolts and Darts out of your rear end :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I loving hate ants more than bees/hornets. But that is likely due to bias from the bullshit involved with literal streams of ants in the house a few years back.

Whatever the gently caress it is about this chunk of suburb is basically no ants for like, a decade, then loving ANTSPLOSION HOLY loving poo poo.

When I was a kid, the entire walkway in front of the door and a good chunk of drivway was covered entirely with ants, because a wide flow of ants from a neighbors yard had come over to fight the ants that lived in our lawn. poo poo was crazy.

I'm sure my feelings on hornets and bees would be much stronger if they got inside the house or had a loving bug war on our doorstep. With assorted bullshit "No stop this only happens in bad sitcoms why?" moments.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I have no idea what it is about you screaming about nerds that makes me laugh.

"Another success for the soviet space program!"

Good on you for drinking time with Granin :unsmith:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

pick-e posted:

What is with the Cobras and their goofy poses? Ocelot's one thing, but these are old rear end men. Nerds, the lot of them!

You kill Hitler with Bees, you get to pose however you goddamned want.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
gently caress the frogs. At least the Tsuchinoko you only have to catch twice (it gets removed from your inventory after the interrogation, and I THINK turns up again outside the waterfall cave you meet Eva). That's something anyone can do with a quick look up of their location.

Frogs on the other hand, have so many bullshit locations on top of making a noise that alerts guards when shot. Not only are the frogs during boss fights you can't return to (even parts of them, like the C3 bridge sniping having a seperate frog than the On Foot shagohod fight). But there are Frogs during the motorcyle chase.

"Which motorcycle chase?" Every single part of it, before and after the Shagohod fight. Hope you got the frog when zooming down the runway, that's one of the easy ones!

PS: My sympathies on chair woes for Grace.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
That first bomb attempt exceeded my wildest expectations.

Just loving up the giant button would be nothing special. No, you gotta go gently caress up the giant button while still acing the hardest panel on the bomb like it was nothing.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
You can make it! Eventually! Oh god the later bombs...

You're doing better at pretend bombs than I would have, at least.

And now to watch that sonic video

... :staredog: You have a difficult job.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The "Puzzle" for getting the Gling charge upgrade is less bullshit than it looks, thank god.

The lightspeed dash can be wonky as gently caress, but the pretty light sparkles that happen when you are charging it up will push nearby buttons (usually).

It's a little QoL thing I took for granted until I realized how much more annoying it would be without it.

Signs Dan Can Be Good At Viddy Games. I completely forgot it doesn't dump you in the sewers if you had a good amount of rings.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I would totally listen to you two ramble through whatever style playthrough of Undertale you want.

But I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to invite the kind of posting an Undertale LP might attract either :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Okay Volgin. You've nuked your countrymen, are building a Not Metal Gear, and stole Soldier Mom.

But killing Granin is just crossing the line, you mother fucker :argh:

Also, if it makes you feel better about Sky bridge you still made it through twice as fast as I ever do. While I don't get motion sick from viddy games, my depth perception judgment in 3D platformers is not the greatest.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Yeah I've been voting Capitalist Healthcare the whole time.

It was a little bit of expecting you to drunk savant your way through, and a little bit of hoping you and Grace get into an argument over if using the CURE menu on Eva counted or not.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So I finally got around to watching the last update.

Danaru going dunk crazy on NEEEERDS :byodood: is why I watched this before playing Fallout 4.

What is it about you yelling about nerds make me giggle like a small child?

Also Dan, seriously, watching you drunk ramble is fun but don't seriously gently caress yourself up. "It's in my eyes!" is no good :ohdear:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, I'm talking about the snakes.

Also, I blame your failures on Liquid Dan.

Solid Dan got all the dominant dunks. Liquid Dan was left with the recessive ones.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Those fire spin enemies are bullshit forever.

Clearly the reason you were terrible at that particular room was because it was Snake themed, and you couldn't bring yourself to leave Snake behind by beating it.

Falling into pits represents dunks.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Yea not gonna lie. Younger me hosed up avoiding the suicide attack too.

You did better than I did with the spinning spikes, because depth perception jumps are my arch nemesis in 3D platforming.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
You have my sympathies for the catching hang mission because oh god, my depth perception goes right out the window in viddy games when I need to do things like that.

Also, Dan. Where did you find footage of me trying to Snipe in video games?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
My sympathies for "sometimes impaling them kills them, sometimes it doesn't. have fun!" cause that kind of thing always catches me off guard no matter how many times it happens to me.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Air is lava! posted:

Besides that, they mostly did licensed showelware. They also made an agressively mediocre, but still fun 3d action platformer called "Haven, Call of the king". That obscure game will forever stay in my memory because it has the worst ending of any game I have ever played. It's not quite "next life"-bad, but "you think you won? Well how about I kick you in the balls and laugh at you instead."-bad.
I really want to see someone LP that stupid game one day.

What variety of horrible ending are we talking here? "Your Wife is your arm" bad, or "Good job you are the victory now please hard mode to true battle'?

Christ, that new Bionic Commando game was such a mess. Such high hopes from the first boss and then... nope.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Air is lava! posted:

Your only friend betrays you. This delivers a prince, who is the last hope for humanity into the hands of the evil emperor. You catch up to them, only to see the prince die. After an annoying QTE-battle, the emperor notices that he can't really harm you. So he just grabs you, chains you to a rock and let's you succumb to a poison.
Zoom out with dramatic voices, credits.

Oh, the "railroaded to death by the GM because success doesn't fit his dramatic vision" ending.

Yeah, that's it's own special brand of annoying. As hilarious as the final boss going "gently caress this bullshit" in regards to fighting YOU is.