Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

krispykremessuck posted:

for some reason (Mars) I was confusing The Martian for Stranger In A Strange Land which I hate because it introduced the world to the word grok

You can lead a goon to grok, but you can't make him grok grok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'd check with an employment lawyer familiar with hawaii because that sounds like all sorts of bullshit.

Yep. The sticking point is going to be the on call aspect. Try the state wage standards division

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Bolow posted:

someone help me convince my sister that commissioning as an officer in the air force with a law degree is a dumb loving idea tia

i already tried "the military is super gay and being a civilian owns"

It's certainly not the dumbest thing she could do. AF isn't that much different from a civilian corporate bureaucracy. She'll get to do a broader range of law, get more responsibility and experience more quickly, and maybe get on the '10 year public service and your law loans are paid off' program. ActusRhesus and Defleshed were/are JAGs. AR is on vacation, and Defleshed hasn't been around for a couple months, but you might PM them? I can answer what I can, but I started the process in the late 80s, so my knowledge may be a bit on the 'musket firing party' side of current.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Everything old is new again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn8Pua5rhj4

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Professor Bling posted:

Randochat: I've got a chronically non-running Mazda (car in my avatar) that's going into storage until I can do all the work it needs, and everyone is telling me to buy a cheap, reliable car for beater use in the meantime. So I found a '67 Galaxie 500 for $2k that I'm hopefully going to pick up soon, since an old V8 Ford is what I'd call dead reliable. Pretty sure everyone meant for me to buy a fuckin' Honda or something, but gently caress that noise, I'm a goddamned road warrior and I need my car to have miles of chrome.

You might be able to find a 65 or 66 cheaper:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

Ex Machina and Blade Runner are a perfect double feature.

Ex Machina original, limited director's cut, director's cut or definitive director's cut?

Two Finger posted:

yeah do this and let me know if you manage to finish it. i've been trying for months and i can't read more than a page or so at a time.

Really. If you can finish it unironically, take the number of pages you could read at one sitting and go to that page in the DSM-4. That's your diagnosis.

Or you could start with Anthem, which is short and less relentlessly preachy.
Or you could just read the original

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

ded posted:

I think I saw a B-25 fly nearly over my head earlier today. Loud engines and the classic tail. I don't see any air shows scheduled in my area any time soon tho.

Anywhere near Livermore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

ded posted:

I was pretty close to Livermore when I saw it, ya.
http://www.collingsfoundation.org/events/category/wings-of-freedom-tour/
Flights on B17, 24, 25 and P51s.

• Locked thread