Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I, Uroboros, oath 3 Space Marine Bikers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Submitting a different Oath based on painting needs of other models that don't qualify for the Oath thread due to being partially finished.

New Callidus Assassin.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

OATH COMPLETE!

I am actually happy with how my first Assassin came out. The white lines I painted pretty much match completely with the way the lighting plays on the models.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

I, Uroboros, am going to be ballsy and oath the remaining 3 Assassins from the Execution Force Game

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Oath Completed!

Krushgroove, I am unsure if you ever accepted my oath for this month, could you please double check?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

I, Uroboros, Oath Chaos Sorcerer Lord Severin Drask from Execution Hour.

Going to be gone for the last two weeks of July, got to keep it small.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Leaving for Summer Training, won't touch a brush until August.

I'll leave this here.

Oath Complete!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

I enjoy the muted quality to the colors. It looks unreal. Which is good for a dude who's warping real hard.

I eat up even the most minor of compliments. Going to go to work on Thunderfire Cannon soon I think, about to get back from my trip, ready to paint some stuff.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Monoliths posted:

Those are some great looking assassins, especially this bad mofo. It can be said that black, white, and red are all difficult colors to work with, and they're all represented really nicely here. I like the shading on the skull, looks like grey with a very slight touch of green? Very skully, works great. The highlights on the black suit and red armor is nice and smooth, and achieve just the right amount of contrast with the base tones. I also enjoy how subdued the base is, it works well considering the dynamic pose.

Sweet, thanks! I didn't really expect to make anyone's radar considering what I've seen so far.

The skull is Zandri > Seraphim Wash > Zandri > Ushabti > Screaming Skull > Very thin line of White Scar on the most raised portions like the eye sockets. The eyes themselves are Stegadon > Sotek > Temple Guard Blue. The whole thing looks a tad darker in the picture than reality, imo.

Also, I was going through the spreadsheet. Did I win something for June, or is that a typo? I didn't see my name on a post, maybe I didn't look hard enough.

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Aug 3, 2015

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Krushgroove, you accepted my May Oath, but missed the completion post.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

lovestick posted:

Hey folks, I'll have the spreadsheet updated on Thursday! Please feel free to keep posting them up and we'll make sure all the past oaths from previous months are caught up.

Uroboros posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

I am actually happy with how my first Assassin came out. The white lines I painted pretty much match completely with the way the lighting plays on the models.

From May.

Luv youuu....

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Minor issue - awarded a journal point in May when I did not meet criteria, no judge's point for June. Evens out in the end, but I don't know if it effects anything.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

You heard the man, grant him the Emperor's mercy!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

I, Uroboros, hereby oath one GW Thunderfire Cannon.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Well ladies I am off to ComicCon Chicago for the weekend, because working is for suckers, going to leave this right here.
OATH COMPLETE!

Going to go ahead and claim the Achievement Box Art.
Thunderfire Cannon

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Unfortunately my honor guard were started at the end of the last month, but here is my new oath. I know bikes are boring by comparison but I need to finish a full squads worth.

I, UROBOROS, oath space marine bikers.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

I'm getting all antsy for last month's judgements.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Another grab bag, most the 40k stuff is all gone. Does that warhammer template pack come with objective markers?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

This was so much better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI8ZDzMCjMI

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Oath Complete! ish..

My bases haven't come in the mail, and I refuse to paint up a base I plan to replace almost immediately, so here you go.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

I, Uroboros, oath one Space Marine Land Speeder.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Land Speeder will be done tonight, so I am going to oath my first tactical squad since I painted my first models last year. Going to make a Sergeant and Special Weapons Marine with ALL the extra options. Unsure if I should make these guys part of the 3rd Company as opposed to the 2nd. I am thinking of doing a mix of many different companies instead of running pure 2nd. Thoughts?

Oath Addition, Ultramarine Tactical Squad.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Oath Complete

So as I post these pictures I noticed I missed a minor detail on one of the shoulder pads, but I will go back and get it.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Signal's KR case is so drat good I'm glad I didn't embarrass myself with an attempt.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Signal posted:

Hey, thanks a lot! Just to reiterate though, everyone should definitely try things. Last year was the first time I've won anything, and that's largely the result of making myself do every challenge every month, and forcing myself to gently caress up all the time. There are some super talented people here, but the person you're really competing against is yourself.

krushgroove posted:

I can certainly understand the sentiment but it's the taking part that *should* be what these little challenges are about

I got X amount of time to paint man. Got ultra-bros to finish! Boxes while a neat idea take me no closer to crushing my enemies both in battle and looking glorious while doing it.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Bavius posted:

I am super stoked to have won you over, thank you! You can see some closer shots here, from the painting thread:

Glad this won, it looks amazing.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Alright, got a small Halloween Vacation coming up, and so I was able to finish my oath at the final hour. Obviously, no bases attached because I don't plan on getting my Dragonforge bases in for a couple more months.

I will say I am very happy with the result here despite it being the most tedious job so far. The only thing I am dissatisfied with is my transfer job on the tactical markings, but the micropens I bought turned out to be useful for drawing the roman numeral one on them despite my shaky hands on a few.

A couple establishing pics. Proof that I painted all 10, and a wide shot of the magnetized options for the Sergeant and Special Weapons Marine.

Close ups.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

I, Uroboros, oath 4 Terminators for November.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

krushgroove posted:

Hi everyone! I'm not dead, I've just been very busy, sorry for not popping in and stuff. I'll invite you all over for tea and biscuits, one by one (or in small, well-mannered groups if you insist) and I'll get around to the Oaths and photo albums in the next couple of days - please carry on painting and if anything comes up with your Oath I'll ask in the thread!

Is your email up to date? Tried emailing you about my prizes. Don't need them now but would like to get my grab bag reserved before it gets snagged.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Going to make an oath addition.

1x Ultramarine Devastator Sergeant with all weapon options.
5x ultramarine Devastators magnetized for all weapon options.

This sprue resulted in my first hobby wound, put a small centimeter long and deep cut in my thigh like a jackass...

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

Buy a cutting mat.

And.

Use it.

And.

Pointy slicey bits pointed away from you at all times. Your leg is not a cutting mat.

I wasn't using my leg to cut on, but it was still silly. The new plastic sprue seems a bit stronger than the old one and I was likely putting way to much force into trying to cut.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Galaspar posted:

For November, Galaspar oaths one Thunder Warrior

He's a heavy kitbash of GW parts. You can't see him too clearly there due to the contrast with the screen, so here he is:

Do you run Kitbash Carnage on Facebook?

head58 posted:

I'd add on something else for the remainder of the month but honestly that big guy took a lot out of me and I'm still not at all happy with it. I think I need to step away from painting for a bit.

Did you use many washes on this? Because it looks freaking awesome at this distance, but on the guy it looks a bit...bright?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

If you are using GW it would be Dragonoff Nightshade, I like it, but god drat if having to put like 5 layers or more of white on something gets really annoying.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Zark the Damned posted:

:rock: Oath Complete :rock:

Apologies for the bad pics, I don't have a goot lighting setup for the middle of Autumn when it's dark as gently caress outside.

One salvaged RT-Era Predator, called Slayer 'cause it's metal as gently caress :rock: - plenty of freehand skulls for the Jurnal too!

Alongside squadron mate Reaper, which was painted as part of season 5

If you make multiple oaths in a season, but only complete one can you save the whales the other one for the upcoming month? I ask because my Terminators are done but I doubt my Devastators will be ready in 10 days, especially with Thanksgiving.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Oath Complete!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Everything you oath in one month is "an oath" which you either finished that month, or, you failed to finish and can therefore Save th Whales by finishing at any time for the rest of that Oathing Season.

In that case I'd like to retract the Devastators and stick my original oath, the addition is to ambitious.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Arson Fire posted:

Oath Complete!

I got out the light tent, then found this thing doesn't really fit in it. Oh well.

Holy crap. Month won.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Germ posted:

:siren:OATH COMPLETE!!!:siren:

I’m claiming the Technical Challenge for the corpse/wound marker skull thingee. Sometimes the theme works with what I’m already painting, sometimes it gets me to do something I wasn’t going to do anyway. Which, I’m guessing is the point!

Here are the Dark Eldar Warriors. These are for my Corsair army, so I carved off some of the spiky bits to get them to fit in with regular Eldar a bit better.

I’m pretty proud of the 2-story ruin! The floor slots in so it can be easily removed for gaming if need be. It stays up fine without that extra pillar, but it looks physics-defying, so the pillar helps sell it a bit. Dark Eldar for scale.

EDIT: Forgot the scatter terrain! For rubbling up everything else:

This all looks awesome, what colors do you use on the stonework?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

We ever get a judge's ruling for last month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C oath 2 Ork Kannons 28mm GW:

I, UROBOROS, oath Sergeant Chronus for the month of Dec.

At the moment this guy is actually finished and had I been paying attention I could've taken another picture and claimed the speed prize for finishing him in under 24 hours but oh well. Finished him along side my most recent squad of new Ultras, will post mad pics tomorrow from the tournament.

• Locked thread