Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ive successfully got the computer booting again but now it throws kernel panics every half hour. so now im in safe mode, backing up the disk at 1mb/s. good poo poo op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
at least time machine saves its progress during backups so even if i have to spend hte next 8 hours transferring data 20 minutes at a time between hard restarts, i will be able to save the data. and theyve gussied up safe mode since i last used it - im able to use bluetooth poo poo and browse the internet even. last time i did this, safe mode turned your computer into a sealed box.

small victories

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Effectronica posted:

Hey, foreign policy types. You're locked in a room with an unreconstructed Wilsonian and the Kennan-iest realist that ever lived. You have a gun with one bullet left.

Whaddaya do?

kill my are self

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

CoolCab posted:

hi Paranoid Randroid! you're one of my favorite posters i liked your old av better. you're funny i like you.

you might be the only person other than me that liked that thing

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

>check inventory

you have:
no tea

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
mostly i wanna know if the mysterious avatar benefactor just happened across an apropos picture to turn into an avatar or actually put work into making one. because, hell, i like it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

your efforts to move the rock cause you to explosively herniate a disc in your back. you go into shock and die. your score is 1353 out of a possible 17 million.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

R. Mute posted:

>legalise weed

norml takes issue with a sub-clause of your bill and refuses to support it. weed legalization fails by 72 points and you are remembered forever as the guy who couldnt pour piss out of a boot. you have died with a score of 420 XD XD

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i have basically no idea what is going on w/ my computer. booting off a clone on an external and running disc utility shows that the internal HD has no problems

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
guys my compuuter is fuckin neurotic

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jagchosis posted:

sata controllers hosed up yo?

wouldnt that just toss a hard drive failure? this things been kernal panicing on a regular basis even in safe mode

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if this external boot bugs out on me in the next hour or so i guess thatll narrow it down to some pernicious software thing or the RAM being hosed. if it doesnt i guess i just have to nuke and pave the internal and do a restore with superduper????

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
computers are so incredibly freaking wack

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jagchosis posted:

cursory google search suggests a port that is bad but not dead could produce similar symptoms, have you tried different ports/cables

yknow i did have a bad battery last year that swelled up and did some damage to the hard drive mount so thats not unlikely.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
buy rice cooker. probelm solved

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
best thign i can think of to do with mushy rice is put it in one of those korean earthenware pots nad make bottom rice

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
insane garbage cuckposters 4 bernie

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
bernie sanders stage coach

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I meant end stage, no one cares about LF before it went communist

i did...

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

fuckin king tolman, first of his name

kill your loving queen mother regent for undermining your reign

its the loving safe option you fool

like motherfuckin king, your seed is more important than your momma giving birth to potential competitors.

if this is CK2, i dont think claims work like that

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
oh loving tommen okay

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

bernie will ursurp the ron paul throne leaving his son, rand, a claimless bastard

until rand raises a host to reclaim his rightful patrimony

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
tales of your misdeeds are told from K Street to Cathay! This is a declaration of WAR!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
congress itself doing the checks? thats tyranny, william

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
thats an abrogation of states rats, by gum, and im agin it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jagchosis posted:

farage surviving is some of the most compelling evidence that either there is no god, or if there is he is a bastard and gently caress him

counterpoint - if you were god would you want farage hanging around longer than was strictly necessary

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jagchosis posted:

he is most certainly going to H-ll though, so i am unsure of the salience of your argument

hells not real, dipsh*t

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
being in trouble is a fake idea

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Universal Guncare.

i prefer the english program name - Rooty-tooty Take Your Shooty

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Exclamation Marx posted:

WHEN will absurd alhazred stop being an apologist for the israeli regime???

hell, when oklahoma stops try to ban AP US history, i reckon

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Effectronica posted:

please don't try to explain the rest of america to texans, i did it once and sisyphus rose from tartarus and said "thanks for the break"

DO YALL GOT LAH-TEE-NOES IN OREEGUHN

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
why, why has god cursed us with this state of ross perots clinging to our national gooch like a huge awful tick wearing a stetson....

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
The one thing I think I can knock Tolkein for is that there is zero passion in his characters. At their most heated they might give a rousing speech but beyond that they might as well be one of those stock Cold War movie characters whose turn-ons are: God, Apple pie, saluting the flag.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
oh what a day

what a lovely day

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
fantasy is not good

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ewoks are garbage

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
is migf ever sincere? what is the sound of one hand fakeposting

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

those are warrior cultures, though, which the jawas clearly are not

im sure theres some EU thing that goes into excruciating detail about the old jawa empire, forged by their tiny yet terrifying battle cozy coupes

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

we've had some really bad thread themes in the past but this one, this is the worst one

i bet i can make it worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

you realise that there is no way this troll of yours isn't going to be a letdown after all of this hype, right

the crystal pepsi of trolls

• Locked thread