Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Gyshall posted:

Oddly enough I'm on board. I streamed tight ends last year to great success, and for daily fantasy plays a bunch of those guys like Rudolph/Kelce/Walker can be huge versus the competition, but thats the only justification I can make for them.

Its really Gronk/maybe graham/maybe kelce/maybe Cameron or bust this year, and then just take TE's once you've filled out your other positions.

Hey pal, don't sleep on Olsen! He was consistent as hell last year and he just signed a 3 year contract. Consistency is about the best you can hope for in the land of TE bullshittery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Tannehill and Roethlisberger are going to be around in rounds 9-11 and it's going to own bones

The days of being able to quietly snatch up Big Ben in the late late rounds and ride him confidently through the season died last year right after his two back to back record setting games unfortunately. :(

The rise of Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell haven't helped the situation either, and now with Martavis Bryant...

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Leperflesh posted:

Here is another page of QB discussion that completely passes over the guy who won the superbowl.

Does nobody want to draft Brady? Shouldn't he at least be part of the discussion?

You're allowed to draft him if you want to buddy! :unsmith:

I took him in 2013 and he was a huge pain in my rear end for the entire season. When he wasn't injured, he was putting up poo poo numbers. And when I finally decided to bench him for good he started playing a hundred times better. Last year people were straight dropping him until other QBs unexpectedly dropping off (Cam, Tannehill, others I can't remember now but there was a lot of them) forced them to pick him up and he actually starting putting up respectable fantasy points again.

I mean yeah, he's probably a contender for top 10 both pre season and in hindsight, but I'd rather target someone whose consistency I can feel more confident in rather than someone commanding Belachik's offense.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

drizzle posted:

Thirds fine. Who else would it be Greg Olsen I guess??

I'd probably go:

1. Gronk
2. Graham
3. Olsen
4. Kelce
5. Any other TE interchangeably

Still a lot to learn about what Graham's role is going to be like in Seattle, though...

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MacheteZombie posted:

Does anyone play in an IDP only league? I'm setting one up this year on Yahoo and am looking for advice on team size, positions and scoring. I set it up already with a pretty basic setup. It's six teams, and currently I have roster spots set up like this:

LB - 2
DT - 1
DE - 1
CB - 2
S - 1
Flex - 2
Bench - 3

Scoring is pretty much standard Yahoo scoring right now. I'm open to suggestions on everything.

Specifically check out the bottom of page 4 and page 5, we started to talk about changes we want to make for next year. The way we ended up actually playing we had, imo, way too many starting spots, especially since we had 12 teams, and not nearly enough bench space. It's all in the thread so check it out!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think I'm going to sit this one out. I'm trying to run a slow draft with a group of irl friends. God Bless anyone smart enough to figure out how to run a draft on MFL. poo poo, I thought being a participant was bad...being a commish is like 12 times more confusing than that!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Plugged in DeAngelo as my RB2 and picked up Heath Miller yesterday morning for the money league.

Had Gronk in both the work league and the frat league.

Fantasy Football 2015 is off to a good start. :feelsgoodman:

SalTheBard posted:

In my experience with Yahoo leagues you can change the scoring and it will apply retroactively.

Holy poo poo that sounds scary

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
By the way that's the post I'm going to quote in November when every one of my teams has been reduced to rubble and I'm holding back bitter tears of defeat

Y'know, like ya do

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So how are we feeling about Sammy Watkins's donut in Week 1? I'm sure it will get better, but I'm wondering if it'd be worth dropping him for the likes of Tavon Auston or Percy Harvin. This leage is .5 ppr and 1 point for every 30 return yards. I'm also sitting on Victor Cruz and Devin Funchess (waiting to see if his role will be expanded which I think it might) so I'm either starting Watkins or someone from the waivers. ...Or maybe I'm being fooling by stashing Cruz?

What's my prognosis goons?

EDIT:

Forever_Peace posted:

Don't drop Watkins.

Just saw this...but still looking for the comparison to my waiver choices

timp fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 16, 2015

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Fleetwood posted:

I have a help request:

I'm #1 on the waiver wire.

Tyrod Taylor is available. My current starter at QB is Rivers.

I need to choose between dropping Perriman or Artis-Payne.

I'm leaning Artis-Payne since he has the lower ceiling (I think) compared to Perriman.

How many people are in this league? Is it dynasty? Neither one of those players is probably going to be fantasy relevant. Artis-Payne may be decent in a year or two but I doubt he see any real action this year. The other guy, honestly I've never even heard of him but it looks like he's a rookie who's been injured since training camp...am I missing something here?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If my RB situation is the likes of LeSean McCoy, Danny Woodhead, Jonathan Stewart and Ronnie Hillman, who would be a good target for an upgrade? I'm in a standard ESPN 0-ppr league with a bunch of guys who are terrified of trades, so I'd like to target someone who has not performed well so far but is likely to do better soon for whatever reason (these guys also don't do a ton of research and rely heavily on ESPN's projections and poo poo)

I was thinking of trying to couple JStew with Crabtree, or possible Allen Robinson, in exchange for Gio and Sammy Watkins...reasonable?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Franks Happy Place posted:

He stinks. Any fantasy utility would be on volume alone.

He doesn't stink per se, but he's very green. However I do agree that any fantasy value he can provide this week, or any week this season for that matter, will be because of volume if JStew goes down. Don't forget, the Panthers also have Fozzy Whittaker to lean on as well, who is in his sophomore season and frankly a more skilled player. Ultimately I wouldn't rely too heavily on any of the Panthers backfield except for healthy JStew as an RB2, and even he's starting to slip into flex territory.

My question: someone in my 0 ppr ESPN league dropped Forsett...worth dropping any of these chucklefucks for him? I'm worried about dropping one of my defenses since people in this league tend to stash them...

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Doltos posted:

Ok this is odd. A guy in my league who has been a known joke owner for like two years straight has been on fire so far. Like he took Brady really early before the repeal happened, his team is 2-1 only losing to my team so far, and his waiver wire additions have been on point.

What's odd is that about two hours ago he added Chris Givens and the Rotoworld blurb about the trade occurred thirty minutes ago. Now I'm sitting here thinking that this kid is either an idiot savant and connected the dots or he has an insider in the NFL.

You need to take this one all the way to the top, all the way to your league's commish!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It stands to reason that my teams would do well on everyone else's poo poo week. I'll take it though!

A big part of my success was due to Tavon Austin's 2 TD game. I picked him up this week because my WR situation is that bleak, but he really exceeded my expectations. Could anyone who's watched the Rams this year tell me if he'll be a reliable WR2 going forward, or were yesterday and week 1 flukes?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Tavon Austin: is he a Real Deal WR RoS? Any St. Louis homers want to give an analysis? In my .5 ppr Yahoo league he's the second highest scorer of the week so far regardless of position...

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

smoothitron posted:

Who wins this trade: 2QB PPR,

I get:
Eddie Lacy

I send:
Justin Forsett
Travis Kelce
Cam Newton

I'm currently starting A. Rodgers and M. Ryan at QB, D. Freeman and K. Williams at RB, and G. Olsen at TE, so I'm not sending any starters away. My leaguemate is desperate for a QB, currently starting Tannehill and Carr.

I kind of feel like you're giving up way too much for Lacy

Edit: even if it makes no difference to your starting lineup, you still have to consider byes, injuries, the potential to save some of that talent for other trades, etc. Bottom line is I think you should be able to pick a WR2 or RB2 along with Lacy.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I tried to do some research on Tavon Austin to see if he's worth hanging onto as a startable WR or if I should be trying to sell high on him, but every source I find is some variation of "Is he legit? We hope so! I guess we'll see!" which is not very helpful. Somebody smarter than me, please help set the drat record straight!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
One of the guys in my league who owns Jason Witten AND Tyler Eifert just offered me Ameer Abdullah and Terrance Williams for Charles Clay and the Eagles D. I own Gronk and the Panthers D so I guess I wouldn't mind making this trade, but...lol, what?! What kind of backwards game is this guy playing!? Needless to say we only start one TE so the whole thing is just really confusing to me.

Should I take him up on this? I'm not super excited about T Will or Ameer Abdullah but I'd be possibly getting them for free, UNLESS I'm able to flip Clay to someone who could actually use him, which is also a possibility.

EDIT: Apparently he's planning on trading Witten away to another owner and is interested in plugging in Clay as a starter RoS with Eifert in the flex position. Makes more sense, but still not sure it's worth my consideration...

timp fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 7, 2015

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

the_american_dream posted:

Do we have an IDP thread? Im wondering if I should pick up Josh Norman and give up the nice high floor Reshad Jones is giving me :ohdear:

In my screwy defensive players only league Josh Norman is the current points leader overall. There's nothing flukey about this dude's talents; he just finds a way to catch the opposing quarterback's ball. Tough to guarantee someone will get interceptions but if I had to bet on anyone to come down with 1 or even 2 per game it'd be him. I assume you only get to roster one defensive player?

If you can afford the room, and if your IDP scoring makes it worth while, may be worth giving up a bench spot. For the games where you want to play it safe, go with Jones. When you need a boom/bust player and Carolina's matchup is favorable, go with Norman.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Very quick repost: I've been offered Terrance Williams and Ameer Abdullah for my Charles Clay (I own Gronk) and Eagles D (I own Car D but even if I didn't, whatever, I like streaming anyways). So I'd pretty much be getting them both for free. But he's open to negotiation...could I try to angle for something better?

I'm on the right:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Gobias Ind. posted:

My CJ Anderson for his Brandin Cooks in 0.5 PPR. Mash?

I don't know about mash per se but I'd definitely take it in a vacuum

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
In the league where Romo Big Ben Tyrod is my main QB, I got an offer this morning: his Cam Newton for my Allen Robinson. Here's my roster:

QB: Tyrod Taylor
RBs: Danny Woodhead, Justin Forsett, Lesean McCoy, Jonathan Stewart
WRs: Deandre Hopkins, Tavon Austin, Allen Robinson, Brandin Cooks, Michael Crabtree
TEs: Gronk, Charles Clay
Def: Eagles, Panthers

EDIT: nvm, got confused. Pretty sure I'm going to accept this, but maybe I could include someone else and try to upgrade at RB as well?

timp fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 13, 2015

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

RVProfootballer posted:

Fwiw, I wouldn't do this. Starting Hopkins and Robinson and flexing Cooks is a lot nicer than ditching Robinson, starting Cooks, and flexing JStew or Austin or something. Which QBs are available?

Y'know, when you put it that way it makes a lot of sense. There are still several servicable QBs on the waiver, like Bortles, Winston, Flacco, Carr...I guess I'll just keep on streamin' and maybe use this opportunity to upgrade at RB like I'd actually prefer to do. Thinking of offering Allen Robinson for his Carlos Hyde.

89 posted:

Only thing about Bradford picking it up and getting his poo poo together is that they are distributing the ball pretty heavily. 9 recievers/RBs caught passes two weeks ago in one game.

89 is recommending that you don't pick up an Eagle. What is going on with this season.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Week 6 Sit/Start Thread.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Murphy Brownback posted:

I'd say this and add and start a DST at the last second. If you don't, he probably will.

Then you two can have a cute lil "If You Like Pina Coladas" moment together

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I've got that thing where I can't seem to justify trading or dropping any of my RBs or WRs...but I admit it could partially be me ascribing more/less value to some of my players due to not staying as up to date as I normally do. How would you rank these RBs and WRs rest of season?

RBs
Justin Forsett
Charcandrick West
LeSean McCoy
Jonathan Stewart
Danny Woodhead

WRs
Michael Crabtree
Deandre Hopkins
Allen Robinson
Tavon Austin
Brandin Cooks

Currently looking at trading some combination of the above for either Mark Ingram or Devonta Freeman. The bastard on the other team has both, but his WR corps is TERRIBLE. Who should I offer without giving away my best chances at high floors and ceilings?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I picked up Richard Rodgers, GB TE to fill in for Antonio Gate's bye week. I figured I'd drop him after this week, but he's had a TD both of the last two weeks and seems to be very involved in the offense, especially in the redzone.

I'll admit I haven't seen Gates play much this season; does he have a solid floor? Or would I be just as well off rolling the dice on a Rodgers->Rodgers TD each week? It's do or die time in my attempt to grab a playoff spot so I'm looking for more booms than low floors.....

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

BigFactory posted:

I'd much rather play Gates.

Piggles posted:

Rivers has all of Stevie Johnson and gates to throw to and green bay has a very anemic offense right now.

Start gates.

Gobias Ind. posted:

This is pretty much peak Richard Rodgers. ~25 yards and a TD.

Gates has a higher floor AND a higher ceiling.

You guys are right, needed a head check there. Thanks!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't see a sit/start thread, I'm assuming it's been rolled into this one...that's what happened last year anyways. Help me win all the marbles goons! Here's my current championship game...any changes I should make?
0 ppr ESPN

I could also grab a few decent names from the waiver:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Pick a flex, ESPN 0ppr scoring:

Jonathan Stewart @ Atl (assuming he plays)
Michael Crabtree vs. SD
Ted Ginn Jr. @ Atl
Tyler Lockett vs. StL

Also looks like I could grab

Tavon Austin @ Sea or
Golden Tate vs. SF

off waivers.

---

FOLLOW UP: If JStew isn't the pick for flex and he plays, is he worth starting over

Danny Woodhead @ Oak or
Charcandrick West vs. Cle

at RB?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Please correct me if you see something wrong.

Rule 1: Don't Sit Your Studs

Todd Gurley = Stud Status

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Spoeank posted:

So

When do we slow mock

Bring on the Mock Slow Draft

I am the 2015 Mock Slow Draft Champion

(I'm "Football" - Wayne Gretzky)

Check out Former Kicker Ray Finkle, 2014-2015 back-to-back champion in our Goon Money League. Stick to weekly, ya scrub!

Roster:

Draft was throughout the month of May 2015. Best Ball setup, 24 players drafted. Your best QB score of the week gets used, your best 2 RB scores, etc.

• Locked thread