Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is CJ Anderson the favorite to be the Bronco's starter this year? I have the opportunity to keep him in the 18th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any chance Victor Cruz returns to form? What are we expecting from him this year? Beckham Jr should only help him get open.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Where should Victor Cruz be drafted this year and what are we expecting from him?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It goes down.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's even better in keeper leagues. You always have guys drafting "the next gronk" like that dude who got traded to the Patriots at the start of last year. It never works.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please never mention Josh Gordon again, tia.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I guess I'm lucky to be able to keep Leveon in the 3rd :getin:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

:lol: if you don't take Montee Ball in the first round.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There is no way in hell I take Foster over Bell.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean if he wasn't suspended I don't see how he isn't the first overall pick. Dude was basically averaging 200 yards from scrimmage every game. He's a beast. His suspension definitely hurts, but he's still easily a first round pick. I'm keeping him in the third round in my league and I couldn't be happier.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I traded Toby Gerhart for a 4th round pick minutes after the draft last year :smug:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gyshall posted:

The Only Brown You Should Draft Is Josh Gordon

My uncle works at the NFL and told me Josh Gordon should appeal his suspension and be back by week 11. Definitely draft and hold on to him if you want to win your league. He will literally come to your house and lift you onto the fantasy football championship throne single-handedly

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You take Sims in the first and Martin in the 2nd. Obviously you'd have to luck out and have them drop to you.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

old dog child posted:

The Broncos are 100% running a ton. Manning has been doing almost all his preseason snaps from the shotgun and Kubes is a run first kinda coach. The Broncos are trying to emulate the Elway Super Bowl years; aging quarterback behind heavy run game. Imagine the last 1/4th of the Broncos season in 2014 and you'll have a better picture of what to expect.

Keeping CJ Anderson in the 18th unngghhhhhh

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If I'm remembering correctly Hill pretty much completely took over as the main RB and he is who you want out of that backfield.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gyshall posted:

c'mon goons, skip your daily mountain dew and burger king and join up

FINE

Edit: joined

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You drafted a backup QB and 3 backup RB's before taking your first WR because.......?

Please let us know who your WR3 is, because it's going to be great.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks as always, you're a saint.

Am I missing something, or is there no way to know which sheet is for 10 team, 8 team, etc? Same with PPR/Non-PPR? (Without opening them of course)

Edit: Nevermind, forgot about the tabs at the bottom of each sheet.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can someone help me with MFL? I created and paid $25 to set up a private draft only league for me and my friends. The website took my money and gave me a link to use to invite people to the league. Well, the link doesn't work. I cannot find the league anywhere. It doesn't show up under "my leagues" when I'm logged in. I can't find it by searching by my email address. I didnt receive an email confirmaton. It seems like it doesn't exist. I checked my PayPal account and they did take my $25. I contacted support by opening a ticket on their website and got an email telling me the league would be listed under the "my private leagues" section of the home page. There is no such section. I clicked the link in the email to reply to the ticket and it brings me to a screen that says I have no open tickets. What the hell do I do?

If have to say I can't in good faith recommend this website to anyone. It's easily the worst designed and most frustrating website I've used in 15+ years of daily Internet use. I'm actually shocked that someone was able to make something so broken in TYOOL 2015.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doltos posted:

Also like I said before I'd much rather have a QB/WR/WR combo than a QB/RB/WR combo with my first three picks, which means I probably won't be taking Shady at all.

I know someone asked before, but why are you so set on taking a QB early? It goes against common fantasy knowledge. You seem to be set on taking a QB in the first 3 rounds no matter what.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are you willing to reach to get those elite QB's? You would take Rodgers/Luck over Lynch/Peterson/etc? I'm all for having an elite QB but they seem to go early every year and I couldn't feel good about passing on a sure thing stud RB to have Luck.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 30, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm doing a league this year with a first time commissioner. His first year playing fantasy was last year and he's using some wacky scoring settings this year. I don't think anyone in the league knows enough to take advantage of it, so I might as well.

The main change is in QB scoring.

He changed the Yahoo default scoring to:

15 passing yards per point
7 points per TD

Everything else is pretty minor.

Obviously this means I do everything I can to target Luck or Rodgers in the first, right? If they are gone by my first pick, do I reach for Peyton/Wilson/etc?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No you're right. Using a 7th round pick on a kicker was a great move.

Edit: AND an 8th holy poo poo

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Anyone here interested in doing a $25 MFL draft only league?

I started one for me and my friends but came up a few people short. We are gonna need 3 or 4 people to fill out the last spots.

PM me or post on here if you are interested and I'll get you the password.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm keeping LeVeon Bell this year in the third round. However, last year I traded my 2015 third round pick away. So I would have to use my 2nd round pick to keep him.

I was thinking I could trade my 2nd round pick for a 3rd and a 5th, if I can find someone to bite.

My reasoning being since I would have to burn that 2nd round pick on Bell anyway, might as well get an extra 5th round pick out of it.

Thoughts?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah I'd be losing the 2nd either way so I figure if I trade it for the 3rd and 5th, then keep Bell with the 3rd, I just got an extra 5th rounder.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Well I still have to find someone who will take the deal. It's a pretty fair offer I think.

I was mostly asking to see if you guys think it's a trade someone would accept.

I could always offer a 2nd and a 6th, and so on, because why not get a free pick.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 4, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Only in a keeper league.

In normal leagues you can only trade picks pre-draft.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GOONS

I have a once in a lifetime fantasy football opportunity for you. I started a $25 MFL draft only league for me and my friends. I thought I would be able to get 12 people, but we stalled out at 7. So I am looking to fill the final 5 spots.

None of us have ever used MFL or done a draft only league before. (I did my first one a week ago). Here is your chance to take advantage of our inexperience and win some money.

If anyone is interested just go to MFL10s.com, click on join a private league you've been given a password for, and enter the password: WHB2005

Good luck and pleas let me win.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

jabro posted:

Wait, you can keep both guys for one 8th round pick? Or you can keep both for an 8th and a 10th? Well, anyways they are both gong for a lot higher than 8th round picks so you keep both. Unless you're playing in something like an 8 team league.

ZIGfried posted:

Choice is between Travis Kelce or Joseph Randle both costing a 10th rounder. Both can be kept one more year for an 8th.

He needs to pick one of the two. Either one would cost an 8th rounder.

I vote Randle but like you said it could become a disaster if they sign someone and he loses the starter job.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kelce did almost nothing in the 2nd half of last year, correct? He had a few big games early on, but from what I remember he was pretty average the rest of the year.

It was obvious that he's not being used to his potential, and I don't know if that's going to change.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just looked it up. Kelce topped 10 points only 3 times after week 5.

He had under 5 points 5 times in the same period.

Non-ppr.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dandy Kaiser posted:

If you drafted Montee Ball last year you made your own bed, tbh.

I drafted Montee Ball in the 2nd, and Gerhart in the 4th last year. My keepers were loving Percy Harvin and Michael Crabtree.

I somehow managed to finish in 2nd place (out of 10 teams).

Trading Gerhart away hours after the draft and snagging CJ Anderson saved my soul.

This year I'm keeping LeVeon Bell in the 3rd, and CJ Anderson in the 18th :getin:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Absolutely not. That's bullshit. If you want to do keepers you let it be known before the draft, and then keepers start NEXT year.

I can almost guarantee the commish has some awesome young talent and this rule benefits him.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I always hated that about ESPN leagues.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Papes posted:

Everyone would rather have the rb9

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That point per completion league is the worst thing I've ever seen. Jesus Christ.

Just tell the commish to stop being an idiot and change the scoring.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

We're going to need a Rate My Draft thread going into this weekend.

Definitely. poo poo's about to get real.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I say Lacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Totally depends on what your keeper rules are. Post them and we can go from there.

How many players can you keep?
What is the cost for keeping them?
Penalties for keeping players for multiple years?
Etc

• Locked thread