Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Has anyone actually tried the "Zero RB" strategy Rotoviz pimps? The more I read about it the more it makes sense for my BML and im leaning towards doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Bellmaker posted:

I went 9th last year (10 team, 0.5 PPR) and snagged DT and Dez, it was nice, but the clincher was trading for Lacy after he had a few down weeks.

Lost by .5 in the championship to the guy who picked up Evans and ODB (dammit Demaryius catch a drat ball :argh:)

Not sure if I'll be doing it this year, too many stud WRs and even fewerer safe RB1s IMO.

Maybe im misunderstanding the concept but isnt this precisely the reason you do it? Hedging that everyone will cling to whatever viable RBs are available while you get all the wrs?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Spoeank posted:

If anyone is curious what happened to ESPN's Fantasy Underground podcast, Christopher Harris left ESPN and has his own website and (daily) podcast. The website looks like garbage but the podcast is good.

Harrisfootball.com

Thanks for this. I usually don't listen to podcasts and so I'm an idiot. Does anyone know how to get this to play on android? Or is it just not compatible

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Spoeank posted:

I took the RSS feed and dropped it into the Podkicker app and it works fine. I use pro though so I can speed up the podcasts so YMMV.

And the theme song is still Under the Gun by Apex Manor :allears:

Many thanks, friend

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I have somehow literally forgotten about Tavon Austin and man what a long fall for Harvin. Im almost convinced he could be a late steal or waiver superstar. Just too much talent there imo

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

cheese posted:

So I just found out I've got the #1 pick in my 100 dollar league. I'm a big fan of Zero RB / WR+WR drafts but I don't think I can really justify taking Dez or Antonio with the first pick. This will probably be the only league that I take a top tier RB in and I'm really leaning towards Bell. Someone tell me I am an idiot for taking a player who will already miss two extra games with the first pick...

In the same boat and praying to GOD I get a lower round pick. Good luck but yea i don't think i could not go an rb1 in the top 4

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
ODB seems like a generational talent and also gets bonus points for being extremely handsome. However I couldnt imagine taking him over Brown, Dez, Julio, or Thomas

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea also sophmore wrs are iffy forgot that point too.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

I'd rather have ODB than DT.

Kubiak is WR poison, Denver's oline took a huge hit, peyton is one year older, eli is one year wiser, ODB's hair is way cooler...

I was wavering on including DT but I remembered Kubiak's tendency to forcefeed his WR1. Of course you also are gambling on Peyton having another run in him

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Hey, I owe Harry a shout out. I lost a playoff game because I didn't start him when Julio went down. He always showed up when Roddy, and Julio were not on the field.

The greatest WR handcuff ever. So weird how he was all but guaranteed to replace whatever points Roddy would get and drat near Julio every loving time

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Let's give a hypothetical if you're a newly married guy and your new wife over the past year realized how much you spent on fake sports and limited you greatly

What would you guys say is one essential premium subscription?

I usually do fbg but have been less enchanted the past 2 years and really just like the draft dominator. Luckily we have the beer sheets and Chris Harris giving his poo poo out for free

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thanks for the all the advice guys ill look into 4 for 4 as well as getting off my rear end and doing actual research

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Exactly, I've tried to explain to my league mates that picking first this year isn't very good. You can get a lot more "value" picking from the mid to late positions. The guy who got first opted for 4th, and everyone gave him poo poo. I thought it was a wise move. At forth you get a top tier RB, and dont have to wait so long on the round 2-3 bend.

Hell I'm trying to trade down from 6th

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Sweet so i may have gore abdullah and possibly cj now if i go zero rb? Get the gently caress in

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Can anyone help me out with setting my draft pick order in 4for4s draft simulator? Cant find it anywhere in the settings

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

the_american_dream posted:

Can anyone help me out with setting my draft pick order in 4for4s draft simulator? Cant find it anywhere in the settings

Anyone? I know a couple of guys recommended the site

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So, just checking, but the rule for 2 QB leagues/Superflex is always go QB/QB first 100 percent of the time no matter what right?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Anyone know a site for good 2 qb or superflex mocks? Been using AI drafts like fantasy pros but the computer is taking way too many non qbs for my liking

Edit: forgot ff calculator nevermind

edit: 30 min wait in between 2 qb drafts??? The gently caress?

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 20, 2015

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
First draft is tonight that shakes things up a bit. Terrible news, i love jordy

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Didnt see a team rate thread. Howd I do guys? 12 team 2 QB league, QB 6pt tds idp

QB: Peyton Manning, Ryan Tannehill, Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB: C.J. Anderson, Jonathan Stewart, Ameer Abdullah, LeGarrette Blount, Arian Foster, Danny Woodhead
WR: Mike Evans, DeSean Jackson, Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Martavis Bryant, Steve Johnson
TE: Tyler Eifert
PK: Cody Parkey
TD: Cleveland Browns

DL Chandler Jones
LB Lavonte David
DB Reshad Jones

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Yea i found it and have posted there thanks.

So im reading now that Hillman is considered "1B" to Anderson. I know Kubiak historically hasnt done timeshares, but should I run out and stash Hillman as an Anderson owner? Id probably be dropping Woodhead

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Zypher posted:

Optimism with Arian Foster's return!

Hell yes picked him up 13th round get the gently caress in

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What are the general thoughts on Breshad Perriman?

Rookie who hasnt practiced much but supposedly big upside. He was dropped in my league today is he worth a flier or more wait and see

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Depends on who you're dropping.

Also Febreeze loves fantasy football.

Yea i guess thats important. Stevie Johnson, who im actually pretty high on as a sleeper this year

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Gyshall posted:

PYF lovely trades

Leveon Bell, Jared Landry for ODB, Alfred Blue

Bradford, Marshall, Lacy for Julio, Hyde, Winston

The draft was 48 loving hours ago.

I joked did they just want to do the draft all over again and those assholes took it seriously and tried to start a vote thankfully it didnt last. Why am i in this league

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Who wins in a 12 team standard

Team 1 receives: Blount

Team 2: Landry

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I agree with the Stevie Johnson prediction as well and can see him being wr1 for the chargers. This is why i still don't have a drat kicker :ohdear:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Just an FF podcast aside, I've never heard two hosts with more awkward and bad chemistry than Evan silva and ross Tucker good lord. I like silva as his thoughts line up with mine a lot of the time but this is painful to listen to at times

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
This weekend gave me the gift of seeing Jimmy Garropollo, Jonas Gray, and Riley Cooper drafted and NONE in the last round

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Eifert/Walker :allears:

(in the last/13th round)

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
GOD IM SO READY FOR WEEK ONE RANKINGS

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok im a cja owner and would feel way better with hillman but no idea who to drop out of

Martavis bryant
Woodhead
Stevie Johnson
Arian foster
Ameer abdullah
Blount
Allen Robinson

I'm not comfortable letting go of any of those guys honestly but I'm a prospect hugger and love my draft board

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea you're probably right but man im high on Woodhead

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The season needs to get here. im seriously contemplating swapping Mike Evans for ARob/Stevie

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Christine Michael to Dallas. Kind of interested? May drop Zenner for him

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Out of these three garbage defenses which is my best option lets say the whole season looking into your crystal ball

Steelers
Raiders
Washington

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Anyone else just avoiding the headache with Evans? Sounds like we may have a case of him testing it early and not playing a whole game or something

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
DESEAN! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Is it even really "selling low" if i get what I can for Peyton at this point? At least I can maybe get something nice based off his name value and someone's belief he'll bounce back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Is there any reason outside of "its only been one week you loving knee jerking idiot calm the hell down" that I shouldnt windmill slam Peyton/Anderson for Lacy/Fitzpatrick? I have Tannehill too (2qb)

• Locked thread