Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Perfect thread tag

e: Beer, can you add the IRC info to the OP?

Goon Fantasy Football IRC
There's always people idling. Stress about your flex in real time!
#fantasyfootball
irc.synirc.net
Mibbit link

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

What's everyone expecting out of Maclin this year?

RCarr posted:

Is CJ Anderson the favorite to be the Bronco's starter this year? I have the opportunity to keep him in the 18th.

Easily. This ain't the Jon Fox show anymore. Kubiak will play whoever is better.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Thanks guys. I was thinking that too but I was refusing to believe it. Well there goes my sweet Maclin trade from last year.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm going with my "ignore QB all season" strategy again

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

fadsf

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 9, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

pangstrom posted:

It's a joke from The Onion spinoff Clickhole.

I don't care. I'm going to pretend it's real. :colbert:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

Charles Sims adds muscle posted:

Source: PewterReport.com - Scott Reynolds

Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Charles Sims has added some muscle during the offseason, which could help him be a better runner between the tackles.

BUT WAIT! THE MASTER DENIES THE APPRENTICE

Doug Martin leaner, faster posted:

Source: PewterReport.com - Scott Reynolds

Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Doug Martin is leaner and appears faster than ever this offseason with acceleration that hasn't been seen since his rookie season, according to PewterReport.com's Scott Reynolds. 'I'm trying to get my body fat percentage down,' Martin said. 'I am a little smaller in terms of my body fat percentage that's decreased, so that's good. I'm just trying to get my muscle gain up and get that fat out. Definitely I feel quicker - faster. I feel real good. 'I wanted to be a little faster and a little quicker in my game and for me to be able to do that was to decrease my body fat, go hard in the weight room and come out here on the field and show the coaches. It's really more running and cardio. When I'm at home I'll go run around the neighborhood from time to time, a lot of cardio and keeping up on the weights.'

I think I know my rb1/2

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

why would thunder try to be like lightning

It seems like they're both trying to switch bodies.

Ty1990 posted:

Maybe I'm crazy but I've justified it in my own mind. I traded Alshon Jeffery (12th round keeper) for Adrian Peterson (1st round keeper). 12 team league.

I pick 8th in my keeper league draft, and the majority of top backs were kept. The best back there for me at 8 would *maybe* be Alfred Morris. Backs like AP are extremely hard to get your hands on in a keeper league, and I realize that while Alshon at a 12 is much better overall value, I can build my WR core through the fantasy draft. As it stands, I kept AP (1) and Latavius Murray (16), so I can probably go WR in rounds 2 and 3. Tons of WR hit the draft this year (Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Jordy Nelson, TY Hilton, Randall Cobb just to name the better ones), so if things work out I'll be able to snag one of them and go from there.

How many keepers do you have? Just two? If so, I say bad trade. It might help in the short term but you're losing a really, really cheap WR2. I think you would've been better off taking fliers on RBs. Hell, if you had kept Jeffrey, there's a chance you could flip him for someone worth way more. You can't flip AP, he's too expensive and too old. You will have to spend your top picks to grab those WRs you listed, which is something that other players in your league might not have to worry about, depending on their RB keeper values.

HOWEVER, if your gamble pays off and it helps you win this year then who gives a poo poo if you're hampered the next couple. Winning is always worth it.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jun 7, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Can I make a very specific request for a keeper league? I'll donate to your charity team if it's too much trouble.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Its Miller Time posted:

Who isn't planning on going to the run? Saints, Broncos. I guess it's the natural flow in the sunset of so many good passers.

The Broncos are 100% running a ton. Manning has been doing almost all his preseason snaps from the shotgun and Kubes is a run first kinda coach. The Broncos are trying to emulate the Elway Super Bowl years; aging quarterback behind heavy run game. Imagine the last 1/4th of the Broncos season in 2014 and you'll have a better picture of what to expect.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Franks Happy Place posted:

Edit: I'd be more confident of his value in a PPR setting, but even then, I'm fading his age. 30+ is the death zone for RBs. I'm staying away from Peterson for the same reason.

I artificially built up Peterson's value in my league by holding onto him almost the entire season, only dropping him before playoffs. Someone picked him up right after to use as a keeper this year (worth 1+1). I think winning the league made everyone think I'm an expert (which I totally am, duh). IIRC, 4-5 people tried to use waivers to pick him up.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Does anyone actually pay for 4for4 or footballguys? I was thinking about it but a part of me feels like this thread is effectively the equivalent.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

14 teams, 0ppr, standard, 2kickers, d/st only scores punts&kick returns

Behold, a terrible draft. Kickers are vital in this league and everyone was basically trash by that point. I will perhaps drink less next time. Beersheeted my first 6 picks though, thanks dawg. Two TEs because why the gently caress not I have no idea if either of them are even starting at this point.

Team: OH THE HUMANITY

12 Matt Forte, Chi RB
17 Jeremy Hill, Cin RB
40 Lamar Miller, Mia RB
45 Mike Evans, TB WR
68 Golden Tate, Det WR
73 Cam Newton, Car QB
96 Steven Hauschka, Sea K
101 Justin Tucker, Bal K
124 Ryan Mathews, Phi RB
129 Brandon LaFell*, NE WR
152 Richard Rodgers, GB TE
157 Vernon Davis, SF TE
180 Patriots D/ST D/ST
185 Brian Quick, StL WR

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Doltos posted:

Why would you draft kickers, even in a 2 kicker league?

Because 28 kickers are on rosters at any one time and kickers get you a shitload of points when you have two of them. Also, for some reason, some guys in this league like to roster 3. This is a league of IRL friends so I am positive the commish made these rules just to incite hatred. This is my 4th year in the league, and the number of teams change every year..but the kickers never do.....

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Aug 2, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

RCarr posted:

No you're right. Using a 7th round pick on a kicker was a great move.

Edit: AND an 8th holy poo poo

It's a bad draft full of bad people. I get kickers when the kickers go. It's not a goon draft so it's not necessary to be smart about the draft! Don't forget, I am better than you, mister Tier B. I hope it hurts. \(^.^)\ <(^.~)> /(^.^)/

I'm just kidding, that draft is really really really really stupidly bad

e: added a few more reallys

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Aug 2, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The commish of the 2 kicker league always does some form of gambling or drinking to decide. Two years ago, it was roulette (black or red) and horse racing. Last year we had to chug beers (from a bottle, no shotguns) and losers had a multiplier between .5-.9 seconds. This year was blackjack; highest hand gets the better pick, with ties broken by high cards. I busted so I had 12th. Sacko is always 1st and champ is always last.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

This isn't really a reward for the last-place team. Going first in a snake draft sucks badly unless you're a dynasty team that needs one and only one good replacement player.

In any normal draft scenario I'd far rather go fourth than first.

Oh, definitely. It's a perceived reward for the less informed. I'd rather have middle to late than first since I feel like it gives me a more balanced team (versus one that has a a couple stellar studs surrounded by poo poo). I haven't done any math to back this up though, so don't quote me on that.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 3, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Zypher posted:

14 teams, .5 ppr

QB: Dalton
RB: Forte, L. Murray, Spiller, A. Foster, L. Dunbar
WR: AJ Green, Cooks, Charles Johnson, J. Brown, K. Stills, E. Royal
TE: Cameron

Dunno how to feel about this. Ok I guess.

I'm higher on Forte than others* and think Murray will do well as a RB2, at worse he'll be a flex option. Spiller could pay off big so he's worth the risk. If you can survive until Foster is back, then you're set. Your WRs are...not great, but I wouldn't worry about that since WR depth is easier to fix during the season. Ditch Dalton and pick up ANYBODY ELSE. After last year, never again. gently caress the red retard. TE is TE but I'd ditch him the moment you found someone even slightly better.

*Cutler is still the Bears QB, after all, and Fox won't be dumb enough to force the ball where it can't go

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Aug 9, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Every champion has their own secret to success. But there's only one factor that truly matters: being smarter than the guys you're playing against.

suck my hot take

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Doltos posted:

I think it's useful for comparing when you start drafting particular players. For instance I've been simulating my 5th pick in a 14 ppr league a lot and I'm really happy with the drafts where I go like WR/WR/QB/HB/HB/Flex/Defense/WR4/WR5/TE. I'm not so thrilled when I have a Delanie Walker or Dwayne Allen in place of the Flex/Defense/WR4 spot. I compare having a better potential bench player or trade asset on gamble picks like the big named rookie WRs or timeshare RBs than Delanie Walker early.

Is this a 1ppr league? Are there major QB bonuses? Why are you drafting a QB before RBs? Why are you saying HB? Why a defense before your backup receivers? Have you heard of positional scarcity? What the gently caress is happening

Don't forget to draft your FB, too.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Way to zone in on the joke instead of answering all the questions that are extremely relevant to your draft strategy

e: Lamar Miller: 9th RB in both 0ppr and 0.5ppr -> borderline

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Aug 12, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Doltos posted:

Why throw in all the jokes if you're trying to make a serious statement?

Also would you rather have a top 3 QB or a RB9 with your third pick? I think I'd rather have the QB3 like Wilson/Brees/Roethlisberger.

There was only one joke in there. I'm actually curious about your scoring. Maybe you're playing by different rules compared to everyone else? If your league was 1PPR with enhanced QB scoring (6 point TDs or bonuses) and modified D/ST scoring, then yeah, I could see how your draft would make sense. Otherwise, it's very..uh..out there.

I'd rather have the RB9. It's easier to replace or replicate the production of a QB or WR via waivers/FA than it is for an RB. It's stupid easy to find a startable QB or WR in the middle or late rounds in the draft. After the first few rounds, RBs are dogshit. That's why I'm asking if you know what positional scarcity is. It wasn't a dig at you personally; it is a concept that a lot of people who play fantasy genuinely do not understand. That would explain the massive divide with how you and everyone else sees these positions.

e:

Sataere posted:

I wonder what it is about Doltos that makes you all go crazy?

I actually think Doltos is a pretty good poster in general but it's really fun to overreact about internet stuff

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 12, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

How many turds did the purchaser look through before he found one that was just right? :psyduck:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

:ms:

I actually did a reverse image search for it and it brought up a whole lot of Filipino stuff (which is hilarious to me as a half-pinoy).

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

MrSargent posted:

So last year was my first year playing fantasy football (don't ask me why it took me so long I have no idea). I felt like I drafted well, played the waiver wire well and then lost in the championship.

Here was my draft last year:

Jamaal Charles
Dez Bryant
Jordy Nelson
Rob Gronkowski
Ryan Matthews

DeSean Jackson
Tom Brady
Ahmad Bradshaw

I know I left out the rest but that was the important part. I'm trying to figure out where I could be smarter in my draft, but to be fair, my team was loving stacked last year and having a playoff in Week 17 killed me. I think my RB depth hurt because Matthews was injured early and then Bradshaw got injured before playoffs. Maybe I need to wait on QB a little longer this year?

You didn't do anything wrong. You got hosed by a dumb rear end Week 17 league.

Leperflesh posted:

Some leagues do waiver wire with priorities that are "sticky" until used. This is dumb and bad.
Some do waiver wire with priorities that reset every week in reverse order based on standings. This is less dumb but still not very smart, and not great.
Some do waiver wire with priorities that reset every week in reverse order based on total points earned so far that season. This is a littlle smart and OK, but not amazing.
Some do waiver wire with priorities that reset every week in reverse order based on total points earned over the last three or four games. This is pretty smart and good.

edit: Possibly, although I've never heard of it, some teams do waiver wire priorities that reset every week in reverse order based on total points earned including by the bench for the last three or four games. That would be very good indeed, because it'd be based on genuine need rather than luck of the matchups, and someone couldn't deliberately tank a game just to get better waiver priority that Tuesday.

And some do blind auction-based FAAB. This is the best and is a sign of a true intelligent connoisseur of fantasy football.

Holding onto waivers to use when you deem appropriate is also a strategy. Parity waivers are lame as hell and only fit for scrub leagues.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 12, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Need keeper advice. 0.5ppr, 10 teams, 10th pick, and 3 keepers. Typical starting roster plus has W/T and W/T/R flexes

Locks are L Bell (9) and Jordy (5).

I'm waffling between Hopkins (10) and L Miller (6). I had Miller locked until Foster disintegrated so now I'm unsure. Either keep Hopkins and go RB/RB or keep Miller and go WR/RB (or possibly RB/TE if Gronk isn't kept).

Phone posting so I don't really wanna get into a pros/cons list.

Thanks brosefs

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

MrSargent posted:

Really? Not sure why you would want to take a sophomore WR with absolute dogshit at QB instead of a potential RB1 and lock RB2. Yah the 10th is good value for Hopkins but there is just a lot of uncertainty around his production this year. Miller is on a good team with a solid offense.

What pick do you have in your draft? It would make a difference if you expected to be drafting a couple stud RBs vs. WRs.

I'm not discounting what you are saying, just want to know your reasoning.

Hopkins put up 1k yards with 3 QBs last year as the WR2. I don't think he'll have too much trouble producing. He's also a 10th rounder so if he ends up a w/t for me again, that's not too bad, especially since he's cheap and young. I understand your argument though; that's exactly why I'm waffling. He is so cheap it kinda makes up for the situation.

10th pick. This year it's looking like only two owners aren't drafting in the first round (JC and Lynch owners).

e:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would go Hopkins.

Thanks!

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Aug 13, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Alright, I think I'm going with Hopkins. I weighed what everybody said against my own list (even you, Doltos :glomp:). Then I mocked a few scenarios for seven owners picking ahead of me. The three most plausible ones look pretty good for picks 10/11. Note that plausible means how my dumb friends typically draft. Listed in order from least to most likely.

1) All seven draft RBs so my RB2/3 are from Ingram, Forsett, Miller (lawl), Gordon, Ellington, L Murray. If this happens I may pull the trigger on a top WR and Gronk and gamble on getting value RBs later in the draft.
2) Two to four people draft WRs/Gronk (Brown, DT, ODB, Jones/Megatron) and I end up with two of Forte/McCoy/Gore/Forsett/Miller or one RB plus a top WR in Megatron/AJ
3) Four people draft WRs/Gronk and I end up with better slightly higher end RBs than #2.

I really, really like the idea of keeping Lamar since I have to weather Bell's suspension for two weeks. But I think if I have Jordy/Hopkins as my WR1/2 I can afford to go RB/RB in the first and second so I'll have a pretty strong flex/backup once Bell is playing again. I'll also be in a good position to go for a WR or Gronk if the higher tier RBs I like are gone. So basically Hopkins gives me more flexibility due to the league's roster. Thanks for your thoughts, goons.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 13, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes. I have approximately 1400 requests at the moment.

H o l y s h i t

piss

Donated :10bux: I hope that helps a little

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Gore is going to have a good year.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Is it PPR?

0PPR: Lacy > AP > Brown > DT

0.5PPR: Lacy = Brown > AP > DT

1PPR: Brown > Lacy > AP > DT

e: Lacy is young so keeping him gives you a young RB keeper for future drafts, too. A RB supported by A. A. Ron Rodgers throwing behind him.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Peterson is going to catch a ton of passes (for Peterson) this year so I don't know why he gets downgraded as PPR goes up. In fact if you're picking last in a 14-teamer, I think Peterson beats those other four hands down regardless of scoring. You go Peterson and best WR available at the turn and don't look back.

Lacy is young, Peterson is old. AB is young, Peterson is still old. It's not that I downgraded Peterson, it's that I promoted AB.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Peterson is a 7-year professional football player who's three years older than me and in terms of body age and milage is probably 10 years younger. Dude is a freak and basically spent the last year in cryo-stasis. I'd be taking him easily and then be looking for a better long-term keeper later in the draft.

That's nice but I'd rather keep the younger stud in a keeper league. Whoever he doesn't keep is unlikely to end up on his roster later on. Since he can only keep one of his studs, I am assuming he has to pay a first no matter who he chooses. He probably won't encounter a rookie that's worth a first.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I did not mean to imply there's a major difference between Lacy and Peterson. I think their production will be similar over the season. I'm just going with the younger guy in the more potent offense because I think his long-term value is much better. To be totally honest, he can't go wrong if he chooses Peterson, Lacy, or Brown. DT is the only truly "bad" option.

e: also assuming that he probably won't see the non-kept studs on his roster after the draft unless he has a :master: trade.

vvv That's totally fair. I might be overthinking this

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 15, 2015

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Yeah, go with Peterson if they're a bunch of dummies.

jabro posted:

You guys are arguing over stupid poo poo. A real question is if Victor Cruz has to decide between starting Julio Jones and OBJ, who the hell is his other WR?

:laffo:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Simms is the Starchild of football.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I wanted to push the draft back to the end of August but everybody apparently has "plans" so we have to do it at loving 9am tomorrow. :wtc:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

89 posted:

Yeah, drafting early sucks. But, sometimes it can't be helped.

Sppppppeaking of, I've got my work draft this Sunday. Unfortunately, the boss had the wrong date in his mind and can't be there. Incase he can't find a representative to draft for him, I'm gonna have to "autodraft" his team. It's a live draft. I've put my foot down on everybody else that couldn't be there. But, it's the boss, sooo.......what borderline lovely rankings can I go off of without it not being legit? Not going off my Beersheets, that's for sure :colbert:

Tell him to send you a list of players he likes, teams he wants to avoid, and also a list of preferred positions he wants to prioritize. Then fill it up with NFL rankings.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Footballguys.com gave away their Cracking Draft Kings and Cracking Fan Duel eBooks to some fans and it's literally a link to download it.

Enjoy

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2015/15-cracking-fanduel-promo.php
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2015/15-cracking-draftkings-promo.php

Thanks for this. Hopefully I'll win so I can buy everyone in this thread red title avatars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Metapod posted:

You won't

Well fine you don't get one!! :mad:

• Locked thread