Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am trying to transition a league to ESPN. The offensive player utility in the roster settings is equivalent to a QB/WR/RB/TE flex, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

railroad terror posted:

Why would you do this to yourself

Still better than CBS, which is terrible and costs $150 on top of being terrible.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Is there any real significant difference in ADP between a 2 QB league and 1 QB + superflex with a 2 QB max roster size? I would think the 2 QB max roster size would lower QB value a small amount for essentially a 2 QB league since the worst QB available would be 20 in a 10 team league, so you don't need to worry about playing Geno Smith (also if somehow you are drafting QB # 20 because 19 went already, you can wait until the last round).

Also which 2 keepers should I keep (QB RBRB WRWR superflex! K D, normal scoring, 10 teams, 2 max QB on roster).

Russell Wilson - third round, this is the last year he can be kept
Gronkowski - 4th round, can be kept 2 more years
Kelvin Benjamin - 11th round, can be kept 2 more years

With essentially a 2 QB league, I want to keep Wilson, but it is also tempting to try and keep Benjamin for such a late pick, especially since it can be for an additional year assuming he does not regress a lot this year. Pretty sure I am going to keep Gronk since it seems he should have a pretty big point difference compared to TE#2.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I am in a bigger money 10 person keeper league with a superflex (max roster limit of 2 QB so plays like a 1.9QB league due to bye weeks?), normal scoring. Since it is essentially a 2 QB league, QB tend to go pretty early. However, since the max number of QB that can be held is 20, you are always guaranteed some Flacco/Kaepernick/Dalton tier QB. The typical roster is 2QB 2WR 2RB TE K D. Including my team, there are 7 kept QB, 9 kept RB, and 5 kept WR. I am keeping a QB, RB, and TE (Gronk). I pick last, and there are 4 picks before mine due to keepers, I am guessing the 4 picked will be Forte, then 3 QB/WR. The problem is that I have keepers for my 3rd and 4th round picks, so if I want one of the higher ranked RB or QB listed below, I will need to pick them 5th or 6th overall. I believe there are ~28 non-keeper spots between my first pick of the second round and my last pick of the 5th round, so I am guessing most if not all of these players listed below will be gone by then. I cannot decide whether to go WR/WR, WR/RB, WR/QB, or RB/QB. The worst case scenario would be either going WR/WR and getting an unreliable RB2 and a QB2 like Dalton, or reaching for a RB/QB and then having decent ones still available when it gets to my later picks. I feel that if I do not get Bradford or better as a second QB, I might as well wait until the 15th round because it does not really matter too much whether I have QB15 or QB20. Also, we only start 2 WR, so while having a top tier one is great, at least in later rounds you can still find ones that play, which might not be true for RB. It feels painful to pass up a "safe" top tier WR to reach for a RB or QB that has some warts this early. Any thoughts?

The best players available are:

WR:
Bryant
J. Jones
C. Johnson
AJ Green
Mathews
Cooks
Hopkins
Jeffery
Evans
A. Johnson

RB:
Forte
Gore
Forsett
Hyde
Stewart
L. Murray
McCoy
Foster
Ivory
Yeldon
Martin
Morris

QB:
P. Manning
Brees
Ryan
Romo
Stafford
Bradford
Palmer

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Is it worth picking up Karlos Williams in a 10 team league, my current bench RB are Bernard and whoever has the worst matchup between Yeldon and Martin. Also, we only get 10 waiver moves per year because this league is dumb. Is he only a one week play at this point until McCoy comes back healthy?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

SeannieDarko posted:

Who would you drop? Yeah, even though it sucks wasting 1 of 10 waiver moves, I feel like it's worth it. McCoy isn't 100% so Karlos is going to get touches. And if McCoy is healthy, they want to run the ball a lot in Buffalo so Karlos will still get touches.

Would be one of Vincent Jackson, Stevie Johnson, or John Brown.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Splinter posted:

Are either John Brown or Kendall Wright worth dropping for either Devonta Freeman or Karlos Williams? John Brown hasn't done too well fantasy wise, but he's been close to putting up better numbers (PI calls on long plays, tackled inside the 5, dropping an end zone look) and has had a solid floor. Wright has had 2 good weeks and I expect he will see a lot of targets, but he's not the biggest red zone threat and could be inconsistent due to a rookie QB and the Titans just not being that good. I have the WR depth to let one go (also have Cooper, Evans, SSS, Maclin) and am currently short a RB (only carrying AP, Foster and Forsett atm), but I feel like I should be looking to trade Brown and Wright rather than dropping them. This is a 10 team standard scoring league, but we start an extra flex (2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 flex), so it's still pretty deep at WR and RB.

I might consider dropping Brown for Freeman, but probably not for Williams. While I feel Brown has a lot of upside for reasons you mentioned, there are plenty of WR to go around in a 10 team league.

Also, who has more upside for an RB flier between Rawls and Antonio Andrews? Does Andrews have any chance at repeating his workload and potentially becoming the TEN starter?

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Sep 30, 2015

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I hate being the trade police, usually as long as there is a reasonable chance each team gets better it should be fine. However, what are the thoughts in this trade in a 10 team 2 QB league where you only start 2 WR and 2 RB:

Rodgers for Brees, Alfred Morris, Kendell Wright.

The team that is trading away Rodgers does potentially need a new QB, since their QBs both have the same bye week and they are at the roster limit for QBs so cannot just pick one up. However, this is the first year this player has done fantasy and they do not know anything. This league is shallow enough where Morris and Wright tend to be on the bench/borderline bye week replacements, and at this point Brees is around that level also. I feel the team trading away Rodgers should have at least asked for L. Murrey or something to at least get one improvement out of it, but I don't think it is my job to offer countertrades for trades that I am not in. Any thoughts on this trade? I am tempted to offer Wilson, Maclin, and Doug Martin or something to try and poach the trade, since Wilson better than Brees and obviously Rodgers has a lot of value in a 2 QB league.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Murphy Brownback posted:

I generally feel like the rest of the people here when it comes to trades like that. Unless there is collusion, it doesn't matter how bad the trade is. Feel free to offer him some friendly advice for next time, but bad trades are perfectly legal and should never be overturned.

e: has it actually gone through yet? How would you poach it? If you think he'll take it I'd say go for it.

We are manually voting on it, so I could just email the guy with a counter trade and see if that can go through instead.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

dy. posted:

That's not fair. The other guy got there first and took advantage. You should have made the deal first.

You don't veto a trade just because you don't like it.

Alright, I did not know offering a side-trade? was as unethical as it apparently is! I did not make any trade offers because I did not realize the most valuable player was on the trading block without having to give up any top talent, my loss.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

Which version of my team do you like more:

WR2: Evans
TE: Ebron or Cameron

or

WR2: Kendall Wright or Allen Robinson
TE: Kelce

The second one.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
My RB and WR in a 12 team standard league that starts 3WR and a flex:

RB: Forte, Martin, Yeldon, Ivory, A. Andrews
WR: Julio Jones, Sanders, Wright, Crabtree

I was offered a trade of my choice of Amari Cooper or Demaryius Thomas for any of the first 4 RB on my team. Since my WR3 is weak and I have 4 decently startable RB, I am assuming I should mash trade and give Yeldon for Cooper? I assume Yeldon is the least productive of my top 4 RB and Cooper has more potential than DT at this point?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Eduardo Vasquez posted:

I'm in the middle of trade negotiations in a 12 man PPR league

I would trade Antonio Brown and T.J. Yeldon for Charcandrick West, Stefon Diggs and Martavis Bryant.

My lineup currently looks like this.

A Rodgers
A. Brown
L. Murray
T. Kelce
D. Martin
D. Adams
Nate Washington
Willie Snead
T. J. Yeldon
Antonio ANdrews
Matt Jones
Tyler Lockett

I'm 2-5 and my flex sucks. Thoughts?

I think I would stay where you are for that trade. Roethlisberger should be back soon to improve Brown's value.

Also, looking for some feedback for this trade proposal. I simplified an earlier post, bolding the players I think I would want to trade. I can trade one of:
Doug Martin or TJ Yeldon
for
Demaryious Thomas or Amari Cooper

Does anyone think I am making the wrong choice, and that either Yeldon is more valuable than Martin or that DT is more valuable than Cooper? I would be trading my 4th RB for a new WR3 (we start 3WR and a flex, standard scoring).

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Ayudo posted:

Just got an offer of:

GIVE: Maclin, L. Green
GET: C. West

I've got AJ Green, Steve Smith, Diggs, and D. Adams for WRs which feels sufficient, but don't have any playable RB depth beyond Eddie Lacy and Hillman. Seems like a must do trade. West still gets that wimpy San Diego defense twice. Any reason not to?

E: Eifert is starting for me at TE so Green is just depth.

Yea, might as well make that trade if you have the depth to support it.

Who has more value for the rest of the year: John Brown or Martavis Bryant?

Also, pick 2:
Kelce vs DET
Eifert @ PIT
McFadden vs SEA
Hill @ PIT
Andrews @ HOU

I am thinking Eifert definitely, then kind of going back and forth between the RB.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

Who's the priority on waivers this week? Robinson? Bryce Brown?

Yea, I was wondering the same thing.

In a shallow league where I lost a(nother) RB, who is the best start to try and pick up off the WW for playoffs between:

Denard Robinson vs ATL
SEA RB (which ones?) vs CLE
Brandon Bolden vs TEN
James White vs TEN

Also, since CAR has nothing to play for, is it still worth playing their D, or are they going to be playing to avoid injuries/resting starters, and it might be safer to play someone else?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Arcturas posted:

Would you folks play Bortles or Stafford this week? On the one hand, Stafford is a mess. On the other hand, he's playing the Saints.

My brain says Bortles but my greedy greedy heart says Stafford. (I could also try to waiver Fitzpatrick or Winston but they seem eh)

Spoeank posted:

Stick with Bort. Don't go away from the QB who just orchestrated a 50 burger.

I have that same decision, though I was leaning the other way. NO's defense is awful, and Stafford has not been that different than Bortles since the DET coaching staff got fired. Bortles is at ~21.5 points per week, Stafford is at 20.8 in that 5 week span. With that said, I can see both of them doing well and I don't have much confidence in one over the other.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 16, 2015

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Two questions with 30 minutes left to change line ups, standard scoring, pick one in each section:
Forte @ MIN
Robinson vs ATL
Hightower vs DET

and

Bernard @ SF
Brandon Bolden vs TEN
Bryce Brown vs CLE

I feel like I shouldn't sit Forte, but Robinson and Hightower will probably get more touches with a more favorable matchups. I am leaning towards Bolden for the second league, but I am always apprehensive starting NE RBs, and Bernard could have a big game vs SF since they cannot tackle.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Am I being too clever with defense? In one league my only defense was NYJ vs NE, which I was not too thrilled about. I picked up Oakland vs SD, because from what limited stuff I have seen from them, Oakland has been playing D fairly well recently, and SD has been really bad. There are also other defenses with favorable matchups around ( DET vs SF, MIA vs IND, BUF vs DAL). I was very tempted to go with DET, but bad Ds vs bad Os are kind of unpredictable.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Also in the Yahoo: Champion of Champions, it is my first time playing a daily. Since there are like 270k people, I view it as finding a free lotto ticket on the ground. Odds are it is worthless, but might as well fill it out.

So far cannot complain with 41.7 from Ware and KC.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 10, 2016

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I made it, I got 9153. 125.46 points with:

Cousins
Michael
Peterson
Brown
Garcon
Wheaton
Ware
Reed
KC

I thought I was dead due to Peterson and Wheaton getting a combined 6 points, but there were so many disappointing players this week than having 2 did not hurt too bad, especially with best in position at KC, Cousins, and Reed. I checked what the cutoff was for making the next round, and it was 118.56. There were also ~2500 teams within 1 point of the cutoff. Is there any way to look up the % owned for a player in advancing teams? I want to see how high KC is.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Hazo posted:

I think they've already taken down the teams if you didn't make the cut, but I remember seeing percent owned next to the player names just by clicking on the team.

Yea, I saw that, I meant % owned for teams that advanced to the next round, not total.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I was browsing random teams at the bottom figuring most would be inactive, but a lot actually had a full roster. I feel like a lot of people read a DFS strategy article and took the "try and get low % owned players" but failed to apply some sort of sanity check to it. Weeden and a bunch of TE2s and WR4s didn't win, shocker.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Gio and Jamison Crowder plz.

And Nick Novak :negative:

The first iteration of my lineup and Gio and Crowder also, not sure it would have changed much since I replaced Crowder with Wheaton who probably did worse.

Also, I put together my team for week 2 of yahoo's champions of champions. I feel like half of my team is going to be owned by 60% of people though, some players seemed to have much more value/$ than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I am assuming I am dead in it. So far I played Kelce, Fitz, White, and Brown. 50 points with over half from Fitz.

• Locked thread