Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
There was a mod that let you build multi block portals that was really cool, it wasn't the stargate one. Anyone know what it is called?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is it Witchery that is adding Windmills to villages? They are neat.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
In the OMP-i update what changes the main menu screen? Mines got a whole bunch of purple and black boxes and I just want to delete it.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
When I see an error like this:

quote:

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: buildcraft/api/fuels/IronEngineCoolant$Coolant

What does it mean?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks guys. I was about to say I also get it when I use mekanism, so mekanism and buildcraft suck, but I'm sad I can't stuff them into the pack. What I was trying to do was use the Ultimate Quest Packs HQM config with OMP-i, but it seems like you can't complete quests that have rewards from mods that you don't have which kind of sucks.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 18, 2015

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Why do I have to pick my resource pack every time I start up in OMP-i?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
what connects to galacticraft stuff to power it? Thermal Expansion stuff doesn't connect and it won't plug directly in to a Big Reactor

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I just use the cheat sheet because research is dumb. I really like the thaumonomicon though in general, just think that going through some lovely minigame to make poo poo is dumb. I wouldn't mind if it was HQMy in that when you make one thing others open up to make.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

What specific runtime strings would you recommend? I've tried several different ones and they had a negligible effect on performance. I can get used to 1.7 as long as I don't boot up any 1.6 packs for a few days, but if I dip back into 1.6 to play my old Agrarian Skies 1 map or something it's staggering how much worse 1.7 runs across the board.

The FPS counter will tell me it's running at a stable 150 in 1.7, but it's a stuttery mess any time I look around or move. It's a mess I can get used to and convince myself isn't a problem after a few hours, but it's not even remotely close to the wonderfully fluid 144 fps I got in every single 1.6 modpack. I have a GTX 970 and an i5-4690k, so it's not a system requirements issue.

I've found that sometimes, specific mods cause weird issues and I'll have a lot of FPS problems until I just remove one mod. Its weird, but maybe try removing mods you don't really want to use until it calms down?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is there anything that adds crazy/weird terrain gen? I'm bored and want to play something weird.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the suggestions, I did find one called Fun World Generation that added sky balls that were neat, but left everything else ocean which was boring. I essentially just want CRAZY poo poo, like maybe one biome of sky balls and floating mountains and just all sorts of weird poo poo.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I just got back from the moon with galacticraft and I can't jump anymore. Help?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
In my latest single player Omp-i world I've suddenly got chunks that flat out refuse to load. Anyone know what might cause that and how I can fix it?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SugarAddict posted:

did you exit the world then went back into the world? because that's a vanilla thing that happens.

If that doesn't solve it, then yes you do have a problem.

Yea I did that, I have a problem.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Enzer posted:

So you know how people always bitch that Mojang should just rewrite Minecraft in another language? They just announced Minecraft: Windows 10 Beta Edition which is an updated and ported version of the MCPE version that runs on C++ and uses DX11 instead of GLES.

I think this version is being maintained by the MCPE and Console devs since this versions is what will be what is run on Windows/Mac/Windows Phone/iOS/Andrioid/Xbox360/XBone/PS3/PS4/PSVita and will be the platform that MS was talking about for XBox Live integration shortly after they bought Mojang. They are also apparently boasting about player feedback via an in-game feedback mechanism, but I'll believe that when I see it.

The Java version will still be worked on via the main dev team and will continue to work in the Windows 10 environment, people who own the Java PC version will get the Windows 10 Beta version for free, otherwise its ten bucks. Tommo, the MCPE main dev, states that there are no plans for mod integration and support for now, so don't expect a modding API if they don't have something in mind from the beginning.

Honestly I feel this is a bit silly, but I guess having a platform that has a standardization of content between versions is nice and I guess this means Tommo will be getting better support which is good since he has kicked back a few improvements to the PC editions code to Jeb.

No modding is really dumb.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is blightfall supposed to come with a saved world or do I click create new world?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
NEI is crashing to the main menu sometimes in Blightfall. Specifically when I type "stone" into the search bar. Any way to fix? Anyone know whats causing it? It doesn't seem to be crapping out any sort of crash log, unless its not putting it in the normal crash log spot.

Nick Esasky posted:

can someone point out where i can find some promethium under Biodome Alpha or the Shrine so i can start upgrading? Dug like 400 cobble so far with flint and not found any of it.

The very first scout location in the quest book, dig straight down for a while around to a depth of 16 or so. I found a little cave, blocked off the tainted sections and there's a couple veins of promethium in that cave, I think one was behind a coal vein.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 12, 2015

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So the tree by itself doesn't keep the taint away? Oh dear.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Alkydere posted:

Gah, I'm guessing this is a Windows 10 issue but I can't get it to admit I have 64 bit Java (I double checked/re-downloaded) and therefore allocate more than 1 GB of memory to Minecraft on launch. Which means it freaks out and refuses to play.

No Blightfall for me, at least not right away.

I am on W10 and do not have this problem. Make sure you completely uninstalled Java first or something?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is the nether disabled in Blightfall? I made enough Obsidian to make a nether portal, but don't want to plop it down if its pointless.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

there is no nether, but there are places on the map to get nether materials

Is there a config I can edit to turn the nether back on?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
How do you get into the Bio-dome underwater if you didn't start there? Just break in?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to lose my mind looking for aluminum. I've found one so far.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
How do you unlock the things to get supply drops or coordinates for them? I've done everything available in the scout section I figured they'd unlock there after I did all that stuff, but nope.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone compiling a list of secrets for blightfall yet?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

More pictures of peoples' domes and builds! This thread is always lacking pictures.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I really like the dirt on top of the dome, what a neat idea.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'll post a couple pics also.

The front of my dome with my house, Thaumcraft tower and chicken coop.

The back. I started doing the Botania stuff on the bottom right over there. I just set up the stuff I found at a couple of the secrets to start getting the mana pool filling up because that poo poo takes forever with dayblooms and I haven't found flowers to make anything else yet.

The inside of the dome is really starting to get crowded. I've also got a few animals I'm keeping inside from the egg bags, two horses, a cat and a sheep. I had a villager but he escaped and became tainted.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Light Gun Man posted:

I take it you added agricraft? Unless crop sticks are now part of another mod or something?

Yeah I added a few quality of life mods to the pack.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The ship is really neat and I hope it gets expanded on if Blightfall updates in the future. Especially would like to see some of the quests, like the stuff for Botania, actually require you to do stuff on the ship or something.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ambaire posted:

I just discovered an easter egg of sorts in Blightfall 2. There's a reason why they have the option to get a Big Reactor and only that...

A hint
Search the space ship from top to bottom.

Secret revealed
Look behind the door that is marked Fuel Storage.

Even if you take all those what can you do with liquid yellorium?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
What metal mines extreme ore?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I just realized I haven't found any cactus in Blightfall. It doesn't seem like there was any in the desert, is there any? Are they available through a requisition?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Warp would be neat if it was just cosmetic stuff, but dying in 30 seconds because you got Unnatural Hunger IV and there's not really any good ways to get rotten flesh is stupid bullshit!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i refuse to believe that silverwood saplings actually grow

God they take forever sometimes, and sometimes it seems like they just bug out and won't grow even if you plant them in the exact same spot they grew last time.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
With centi-vis can you still plop your wand down in a recharger and let it recharge without you?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The coolest mod ever would be a Tinkers Construct/Thaumcraft Mod that lets you use tool stations to interchange wand parts so I could upgrade my old wands to better wands.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Taffer posted:

What quest was this? I completed all the visible black market quests and no new ones showed up, and this reward wasn't one of them. Or do you mean it was from a machine bag? I guess I need to get more machine bags if that's the case.

I got a laser drill out of a machine bag so that must be what he means.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Someone said that they got a whole set of flux armor so I started spamming them and I tanked my mission rep and got a bunch of mfr machines which is cool, but I'd rather have the armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So I stole all the liquid yellorium from the jaded, set up a thing so I could put it into a smeltery and it won't come out as ingots or blocks so I'm stuck with a million buckets of yellorium in my smelter with nothing to use it on yay.