Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone have anything good to say about galacticraft? I played through babys first space race and it was fun to work up to a rocket and flying to the moon and then the minecraft moon was just a super boring nothing almost and I was a little disappointed. Am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Taffer posted:

Give in and steal parts from the one on the ship. It also has a nice surprise in it. :v:

Can you spoil the surprise?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

chairface posted:

Who gives a poo poo, they're big and cool looking.

Yeah I wish Thermal Expansion had big multiblock tanks. Pretty much the only thing I ever like from Railcraft is the awesome tanks.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any machines in enderio or thermal expansion that will flatten a large area?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Taffer posted:

No. Botania can do it, so can buildcraft.

Ohh what in botania will do it for me?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
How is legends? Is it a quest mod?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any mods floating around that spawn interesting structures in the overworld/nether/end? There used to be some good ones, but they seem to have slowly stopped being supported.

I don't mean the ones that have tons of spawners in them, those are boring slogs. Just interesting things to explore in is what I'd hope for.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Wolfsbane posted:

Right, I feel like I've mostly been using this thread for moaning recently, so to make up for it here are some screenshots of some of the stuff I've been playing with in BFSR.

I'm not very artistic, so I decided to blatantly steal a base design from the internet. This seems to be part of a 2D game artist's portfolio. He's pretty good.

Where did you find that? its neat

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So whats a good pack that has a quest thing to give me direction but also has almost every mod ever? The last I played was Blightfall. Want something a little more puzzly than explorey this time.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Ehh partial credit. I figured out after combing the mod's forum thread that I have to set the animation state to "sitting." I hadn't even gotten that far.

So the dad bar is pretty empty:

I tried to put an NPC of the Lloyd the bartender from The Shining behind the counter, but the skin was 1.8 and it came out awful. I thought I then transformed it to 1.7, but it still kept coming up garbled.

I am also a dad and you can plop me in your bar if you want. My kid is only two but he likes watching me play minecraft!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Meskhenet posted:

load up a creative and let him play. After a few days he'll start to surprise you.

I remember the first time my son found the rails. I showed him to put a mine cart on it and some redtorches. Came back 15 mins later and he had made a roller coaster that worked.

He hasn't quite grasped mouse and keyboard yet. He just pounds on it like a maniac.

Also my Minecraft user name is olybenjamin for the skin.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any BFSR but for magic mods?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Oh man I'm pretty excited for the next major version of BFSR, seems like lots of neat stuff being added.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

wow you called it so hard can I get some lotto numbers? :D!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
whats the most stable/interesting current kitchen sink type pack?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Are there good 1.10 packs out now?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

frenzy posted:

GRIMDARK is a reponse to getting bored with the current lineup of FTB packs, they're really not pushing any boundaries or doing anything new. They also won't include too many mods, especially not ones that add *gasp* entities!!!1. I can only assume this is a desire not to upset the fragile ecosystem of lovely re-sold Minecraft server hosting plans, so you end up not getting exposure to all that's available. It includes everything in those packs and more, so it's also possibly the most up to date collection of available 1.10.2 mods, 280 of them. There's recipe changes made to showcase the different mods, which I'm expanding to put it somewhere between normal and "expert mode" difficulty.

The pack actively encourages you to gain resources through exploration, combat, and automation but that doesn't mean you can't stripmine if you find it relaxing. I thought that after 8 years of mining some people might want an alternative that isn't a skyblock.

That sounds pretty cool. What is the best way to get this?

Nevermind I'm dumb I found it in your post history, thank you

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 16, 2017

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

frenzy posted:

If you're looking for a 1.10.2 quest pack craft of the titans is pretty good. the quest book is very thorough and thinks of everything. If you follow the book it walks you through a lot of the big mods. I put up a server for it here

I'm trying to install this through the twitch app, how do you change the memory settings with twitch app?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cerepol posted:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/05/does-valve-really-own-dota-a-jury-will-decide/

tl;dr Basically, Eul (original dota modder) had a post saying that anyone could continue the original mod. Companies have created clones of Dota (mobile) and are using that original post as evidence that Dota is under a public license allowing anyone to use the property. Its going to go to a jury to decide.

It going to a jury doesn't really mean its going in any particular direction though. It just means they couldn't agree on any sort of settlement before it got to that point.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i dont play with keep inventory but I do always add a mod that spawns a chest or gravestone or whatever

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fayk posted:

Probably MUDs, but I don't remember. I definitely remember it being used in EQ, but UO and Meridian 59 preceded it. I don't remember what death penalty was in M59 though.

get all corpse

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
whats the hotness quest mod for 1.12/1.11 or whatever and is curse the best way to get it

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I am playing the mod pack with the crashed space shuttle through the twitch launcher thing, why do the automatic doors lag the game so bad? Is there a way to fix that? I already kicked up the memory usage.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
in forever stranded how am I supposed to get past the first night when there are 50 zombies with hats and witches waiting outside my door?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
is there a tinkers construct hoe I'm supposed to be using in project ozone that doesn't break in two uses?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i've never played that pack, but try a tinker's construct mattock? it's (and yous) a hoe

thanks this is what I was missing

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
can someone tell me what pack to play? I haven't really played minecraft since blightfall it was so fun and nothing as stable and awesome has come out since then, what packs have the newest thaumcraft in them?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im playing modern skyblock 3 and i made a mob spawner, why wont anything spawn in it? Its an enclosed space about 5 x 5 x 3 of open space inside, when I was building it a bunch of endermen and skeletons spawned on my main platform, why won't poo poo spawn in my spawner and die?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

How far away from where you spend most of your time is your dark room? Is it dark? (Use F7 to see a light overlay; you want red Xes on the ground.)

its enclosed with red Xs and its about 11 blocks from my main platform and 45 blocks up

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
FML

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Ok what the gently caress am I doing wrong here? Is it the interior size of the thing up at the top? it is 5x5x3 open space completely enclosed except for a hole for monsters to fall down.

Monsters spawned on my little main platform while I was building it soo I know monsters can spawn somewhere.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

That spawn chamber is way the heck too small. Try something like this:

thank you I built this and it started working immediately

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
anything like blightfall on 1.12 yet? I'm not a big fan of sky block stuff, but do like tight, progression based questing. Doesn't necessarily need to be a premade map like blightfall.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i think my favorite modpack besides blightfall is the simple life.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bouchacha posted:

Why is that? I tried to find out more information but the description on the modpack page is frustratingly sparse.

it doesn't gently caress around too much with recipes, the quest book is really easy to understand and everything is well explained and described. I like the way the quest book is laid out.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
For 1.10 what is a go to mod if I want things that explode a large area?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
whats the latest good pack with quests that doesnt have ex nihilio i hate sifting and poo poo like that

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Black Pants posted:

I use Dokucraft High personally, it's pretty fantasy looking. https://dokucraft.co.uk/resource-packs/high

is there a big mod support pack for doku? i saw you can download some for each mod individually but wow that would take forever

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
multiblocks are the only cool part of minecraft anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
in thaumcraft is there a good way to increase the amount of vis available for crafting things in your chunk or am i going to have to like, move my whole base somewhere else