Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

bigperm posted:

Sweden (the country) has made a mod for more realistic geology. It's interesting at least. I do wonder it it's all oredicted.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2421442-bettergeo-more-geology-in-minecraft

It's like the sweet sweet lovechild of Terrafirmacraft's metal and rock system with normal Minecraft everything else and lack of cave-ins. And Jetpacks. :swoon: :hf: :sweden:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Anias posted:

I liked seeing IC2 stuff in the pack because I hadn't run through IC2 stuff before. I found it interesting enough to build one fully automated uranium->iridium line of production just to build it once, and I think someone could probably come along and build IC3 and have an interesting mod.

That said - IC2 definitely had the dumbest mechanical decision I have ever seen a mod make in minecraft. Why does wrenching apart a machine with the wrong tool revert the machine to a frame? That's just an incredible gently caress-you to your userbase. Oh and metal plates just for the sake of metal plates being different than ingots was also relatively stupid given that they didn't do anything other than provide a pointless intermediary step after ingots.

Essentially IC2 being in infinity as an introduction to IC2 wasn't bad, but IC2 itself is bad enough that the infinity devs should have hacked parts of it out entirely.

Does IC2 still have all that gibbl and HAYO bullshit too or did someone slap the stupidity out of it? Haven't touched that mod since it was one of the Big Three and Technic was just starting up.

Fortis posted:

So this is pretty cool: Better With Mods.

I never got to experience Better Than Wolves and by the time I heard about it and FlowerChild's bullshit I didn't want to. But this appears to be BTW without the psychosis ( or at least the majority of it, although I noticed that wolves poop, but it's not required for anything).

The mechanical power system is really neat! I'm glad I can try it out without dealing with required wolf abuse. The author aims to make it diverge from BTW down the line, aiming for compatibility with other mods. It should at least be fun until FC goes apeshit (after that it will be REALLY fun :getin:).

And speaking of Ancient Mod Drama, oh my god :allears: One of the only draws to FlowerChild's madness was the windmill and waterwheel systems.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of beef