Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
On Natura crafting benches you can't do things like the middle mouse button press to distribute items evenly, that's the most annoying problem I've had with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Nevets posted:

Big smelteries are also useful for melting / casting lots of stuff at once. I really like TiC clear glass, so once I'm rolling in grout ingredients I usually build a 4x4x4 smeltery with multiple drains & basins since it's so slow to melt / cast.

I used to do this, but now I use the EnderIO Alloy Smelter for quite clear glass, if I'm making mass quantities that is.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

MechaCrash posted:

The thing about breaking an IC2 machine getting you a machine block gets better. If you used a wrench, that didn't mean you got the machine back. It meant you probably got the machine back. There was a chance, I think 10%, that you'd get a machine block anyway. Due to people complaining about this, the electric wrench was given a lossless mode that was guaranteed to get you back the machine block, but it used so much power that you could only do it once, then you had to recharge your wrench.

Why? Because gently caress you, that's why.

And of course lossless mode was off by default, so you had to remember to turn it on first! ATLauncher hangs when it gets to the splash screen. Any ideas?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
So when I start up ATLauncher, it loads up to a certain point, then it just stops. Here's the log from the console thingy.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
What about a fully open source Minecraftlike with a GPL or something type license, designed to rein in modder ego drama bullshit from the very beginning?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

drunkencarp posted:

How does anyone play with any given modpack for any length of time? I've been using Direwolf20's FTB pack on the grounds that it must by definition be well-supported, and the recent update to it somehow broke my world such that my framerate goes to single digits if I'm within 100m of my base. I tried rolling back to the previous version of the mod but somehow all of my backups pick up from right after I loaded the world with the new version of the modpack which I don't understand at all how that happened.

This is like the twentieth time some version of this has happened to me -- everything's going along fine, I make the mistake of making a suggested update, and suddenly a couple of months' worth of stuff is lost. I'm the sucker for believing the thing when it told me it was backing stuff up, I guess.

Stick to goon made modpacks? At least then if something goes wrong you can yell at them in this thread!

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
I'm playing Modderation: Permabanned. I just made a Extra Utilities watering can and went to some water to fill it, right-clicked it and...nothing happened. I can't seem to get the watering can to fill up.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Mzbundifund posted:

AS2 has a couple other wrinkles as well, all mobs are hostile for instance, so if you have a well-lit patch of grass sitting around, be ready to fight the randomly spawning chickens and pigs. All in all it's not EXTREMELY different, but moderately so, and might be worth your look.

UGH how do I turn that off?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Can't launch Agrarian Skies 2 on my laptop. Works fine on my desktop. I let Java update itself before installing it, maybe I shouldn't have done that? Here's the error log I got. Can anyone tell me what went wrong?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I think I'll just leave it mostly unoccupied and just ask people every time there's a post somewhere--not even just here--that I find that involves somebody playing with their kids, or having to do something with their kids, or how much their kids love it haha. The first feedback on the pack was from a dad on Technic that was using it to learn all the tech stuff because his son went to college and wasn't around to do all the machines any more.

You need to add Wylker!

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
With the Gregtech talk, has anyone made a mod where plants & animals grow at the same rate they would in real life, animals being pregnant for the same amount of time, or changed the day/night cycle to actual 24 hours?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Ariong posted:

Can anyone recommend a good modpack with a progression/quest system like HQM? I like material energy and I liked Sky Den way back when.

There's the Agrarian Skies 2 skyblock

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Fayk posted:

Which is too bad, because I always thought BR was pretty cool, and I'd rather set up some cool multiblocks than figure out some gimmicky free energy thing and then have to replicate it 50x to get enough RF/t to run other dimensions/etc.

Can't you just make changes in the config file to whatever you think is more reasonable?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Nevets posted:

I've been flying the almost whole time. You don't need to kill a wither.

Yeah that's just a config setting for unlocking flight through the morph mod I'm pretty sure, not restricting flight via other means.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
1. bow 2. Sword 3. Pickaxe 4. Shovel 5. Axe 9. bread 10. Torch

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Agrarian Skies 3

Is this just a typo, or is there an Agrarian Skies 3?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
So I dropped the 1.7.10 Dimensional Doors jar into my curse custom modpack, but it isn't working. I did the same thing with Mekanism, and Mekanism stuff shows up in NEI etc.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

neogeo0823 posted:

Are any 1.10.2 mods that change oceans at all? Add mobs, equipment, water specific anything? I was excited when I found the Mariculture mod, but disappointed to see it's 1.7 only and probably not going to be ported over.

Well I did discover recently that it's a vanilla Minecraft feature that you can create customised worlds with lava oceans! :eyepop:

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Are lootbags safe to open, or is it just the chance cubes I have to watch out for? I started playing Project Ozone 2 with the ice world. When I made it from the template, I had a warning message about things missing?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
First night in Project Ozone 2 was a blood moon, so I turned them off in the configs so I won't be getting any more. I think it has that thing enabled where vanilla tools break after a single use, so I set up the Tinker's construct tables, and looks like I can't make any tools out of just wood. So I've got nothing to defend myself from the mobs that remain in the daytime. By the time I've dealt with them, it's night time again. At least now I've gotten enough string to make a bed, so I guess I'll just never let it be night again until I have some kind of perimeter fence set up. Will it rain in this ice world, or am I going to need some other method to get water?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Rutibex posted:

Project Ozones one weakness is the rewards. If I was going to do a new play through I would tweak the Kappa Mode to gave out random rewards that allowed you to sequence break the quests, rather than a bunch of chance cubes and mostly useless decorative blocks.

I fiddled around in the files used to configure the modes and change the recipes a bit. Its all plane text, so it shouldn't be too hard to make a custom mode.

How do you know which mode it's in?

Any recommendations for 1.11 modpacks with quests that will teach you the new post 1.7 mods? Like, without adding tedious gregtechlike nerfs, or not a skyblock? I think I've had my fill of skyblocks. Ones that have resourceless worlds like regrowth or Project Ozone 2 Ice world are ok (land skyblocks?) Or is 1.11 too new and I would be better off looking for a 1.10 modpack?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Here's a mod idea: put a monster's head on a pike to scare that type of monster away!

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Rutibex posted:

Why no just switch to Kappa mode instead of standing around? Can't you switch modes at any time.

Where do you switch modes? Or even check to see which mode you're in?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Maybe they're copying the vanilla Elytra? You get like, what, 7 minutes of flight out of it before it breaks?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Has anyone tried making a modpack that does like the opposite of Gregtech, like helps you to make progress more easily, recipes less expensive, help you to get to 'post scarcity' endgame quicker? (Yeah I know, 'that's creative mode, duh!')

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
On the Twitch launcher, I get a crash on load from the newer Minecraft version packs, but I was able to load Project Ozone 2.

Here's the crash log from trying to launch Enigmatica 2: https://pastebin.com/Q6wm5wFn

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Playing Enigmatica 2 and the quest book is doing this weird thing where it constantly scrolls to the top so I can't get to the lower categories of quests. Is there any way to stop it doing that?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
So is there a way in the Twitch launcher to back up your saves before updating it, or should I just copy the files I need?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Also does anyone have a good seed for useful biomes near spawn. In my MSB3 game I just started I'm in the middle of an ocean biome

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Got a crash in Enigmatica 2 https://pastebin.com/RS7FdD4V Problem with block tessellation? Looks like the AE grindstone crank?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Threep posted:

Try without Soartex

I'm still getting the crash, without any resource packs loaded. Also, All the Mods 3 is disallowing the Ore Excavation mod without using an enchantment or modifier. I want to be able to use it at any time. I looked at the Ore Excavation config and it looks like it hasn't been changed there, so there must be another mod overriding it then?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

greententacle posted:

Got a crash in Enigmatica 2 https://pastebin.com/RS7FdD4V Problem with block tessellation? Looks like the AE grindstone crank?

So will I have to go in with NBTedit or worldedit or something and delete the crank? How do I do that? Is there a good tutorial somewhere?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Meskhenet posted:

ive only used mcedit

and you load the map, find the block, hit delete then save.

see if it worked.

Using MCEdit, I can't seem to be able to delete it. I can't delete anything at all.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
Now I've gotten a crash from tesselating block model in All the Mods 3 pack. This time from cobblestone. There's a client & server crashlogs.

client: https://pastebin.com/iVt2Rv2n
Server: https://pastebin.com/GHU8vq7H

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
I think all skyblocks should come with a map that has an infinite water source & a cobblegen for anyone who's played a skyblock before & wants to skip that early game grind

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
I also like it when skyblocks start you off with a stack of food, so I don't have to worry about starving from not getting enough random apple drops, or later, silkworms

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Falcon2001 posted:

The general rule for this is to go to the nether, make a big platform and wait for them to spawn.

Don't you have to be in a Nether Fortress as well?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

dragonshardz posted:

Taffer beat me to plugging his baby, so I'm going to plug DPT6 at you. It's somewhat of a kitchen sink (we're at 140 mods and possibly adding more, I went into making it with the intention of keeping it under 100. A fair number of the mods are smallish QoL ones though...)

Anyway, DPT6 is a lot more freeform than 5 was and has some neat mod integrations based on scripting I stole from the previous Progress pack. We have a quest book that provides a little structure in a big world with cool landforms. Big tentpole feature mods: Immersive Engineering, Thermal Expansion, The Betweenlands, and Thaumcraft 6. Astral Sorcery shows up too.

What's the full name of this pack?

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Evil Mastermind posted:

The pack gives you only one queen of each type. So no.

e: unless I can just make more queens, but the quest guide doesn't say how, and I can't progress until I get 4 string.

What's the pack you're playing called? In case I'm feeling masochistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Ak Gara posted:

Sildurs Vibrant Shaders v1.17 Medium

Can you add them in a pack in the Twitch Launcher? Or do you need to get them elsewhere and add it manually?