Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

CuddlyZombie posted:

Do you guys have a recommended set of keybinds for the (new) OMP-i pack?

Unbind everything except vanilla, rebind as you need it. To unbind, click a bind then press Esc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

TheresaJayne posted:

Metal Blocks never seem to melt either, you need to split blocks into ingots to make them melt.

Huh? The smeltery melts alumite blocks just fine. Which metal blocks does it not?

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Reason posted:

Why do I have to pick my resource pack every time I start up in OMP-i?

Piggybacking on this, any idea why people are CONSTANTLY getting timed out while playing on StealthArcher's OMP-i server? It's getting ridiculous. I'm getting time out disconnects every 5 minutes or less.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Lizard Wizard posted:

This is possibly a silly question, but what do the stats in Agricraft MEAN?

From the official FTB wiki entry,

quote:

There are three stats in AgriCraft: Growth, Yield, and Strength. Growth is how fast it matures, Yield is how much fruit it produces, and Strength is how resistant it is to Weeds.

I've never seen any weeds though.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Cicadas! posted:

I didn't know Big Reactors brand reactors exploded.

They don't afaik. I'm guessing the guy used a creative builder wand to surround it with obsidian tnt. Or a wand foci of equal trade and replaced the reactor walls...

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
How do I get the blightfall-saves-v2.1.0.zip file? It's been stuck at 0% for the past hour now.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Ambaire posted:

How do I get the blightfall-saves-v2.1.0.zip file? It's been stuck at 0% for the past hour now.

I left it to try to download overnight and it failed to do so. Can anyone upload the save file somewhere?

Edit: I deleted the existing file in the cache folder and it finally downloaded. Nevermind.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Aug 16, 2015

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I just discovered an easter egg of sorts in Blightfall 2. There's a reason why they have the option to get a Big Reactor and only that...

A hint
Search the space ship from top to bottom.

Secret revealed
Look behind the door that is marked Fuel Storage.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Ok, so I get how to purify the land, but how do you purify the ocean (and all the tainted caves under the ocean)? Just not worry about it? Do the purify quests only track tainted land masses? Because I'm looking at this purify swamp bay quest and it's 80% water...

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
There is something seriously wrong with silver ore generation on the Blightfall map.

I've managed to get up to Orichalcum mining level

but still haven't found any silver at all.

And I somehow managed to get through the diamond tier without unlocking the diamond section of the Mining and Resource book. Whoever is in charge of the mod, could you please make it so if I unlock a higher tier in the book, it also unlocks all lower tiers? Thanks.

Edit: Found some adamantine earlier when I couldn't mine it, just made an adamantine pick and unlocked Atlarus, but still can't see where to mine diamond.

Edit 2: VVVVV I know where to find diamonds and have found quite a few; I was just using them as an example. Thanks though. Also in the diamond level material section is cinnabar, ardite, and a few other metals all of which definitely have custom spawn zones and I can't see them. I made a TiCon invar pick for diamond level, tried dropping and picking up an invar ingot a few times but it did not unlock the section of the book. Does not make sense.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 20, 2015

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Is there a quicker way to figure out how to connect two aspects for research notes besides using this site and plugging them in for every single one? This isn't exactly intuitive.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

SugarAddict posted:

OMP Sigma But I highly suggest you remove a bunch of useless mods from it and update others if you plan on playing solo.

Mods I recommend removing

Morph

Isn't Morph the one that lets you transform into mobs you kill? That's an amazing mod and you should never remove it. Or is it one of those edge cases where Morph is another mod and the Morph thing is named differently?

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

SugarAddict posted:

I get sick of having to transform back into a Steve? after I kill something and I get transformed

Directory: Modpack\config\Morph.cfg
Lines 162-166
code:
# Will you insta-morph into a new morph acquired?
    # 
    # Min: 0
    # Max: 1
    I:instaMorph=0
Set that to 0 to disable that behavior.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
If I'm a weirdo who actually likes vanilla minecraft rain sound, can I just go into my Blightfall mod folder and rename the two betterrain jars to .jar.bak and they won't be active anymore or is it more complicated?

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Humans Among Us posted:

You can destroy Liquid Flux by dropping and immediately picking up lava from a bucket. Also works on ceilings!

You can also clear it by placing any block and removing it. Just drop sand on all the liquid flux and shovel it up.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Reason posted:

So I stole all the liquid yellorium from the jaded, set up a thing so I could put it into a smeltery and it won't come out as ingots or blocks so I'm stuck with a million buckets of yellorium in my smelter with nothing to use it on yay.

Cheaters never prosper.

Joking aside, I did some digging and it appears you need the Thermal Smeltery mod installed to allow yellorium blocks/ingots from the smeltery. Since a config option for that mod is "B:"Allow Yellorium to be casted into the casting table/basin."=true". So if you really want to use that, you can install that mod.

I just copied the ThermalSmeltery.jar and cfg files over from my OMPi install and it works. You will need 1000mB of yellorium per ingot though and I don't know how to fix that.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Taffer posted:

Give in and steal parts from the one on the ship. It also has a nice surprise in it. :v:

If it's the surprise I'm thinking of, you can only make use of it by adding the Thermalsmeltery mod.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Mr Scumbag posted:

Then I must be doing something wrong. It took me over six hours of constantly harvesting 21 trees with a crook to get three ingots to make a bucket with. It wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't for the staggeringly low droprates for things in sievs. Also, I was getting gently caress all saplings to compost.

Half an hour seems absolutely impossible in the modpack I'm referring to (Skyfactory 2)

I installed this pack to take a look, and I agree with you... all you start with is one tree and a dirt block, no bone meal or watering can so you're at the mercy of the RNG for tree growth. This does not look like much fun...

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Been playing the Space Astronomy pack on Curse for a while, and earlier the game crashed while I was down near bedrock. When I entered my world again, I lagged (seriously wtf, it's single player I shouldn't be able to lag) through bedrock and died in the void, and then I discovered that keep inventory was not on. What the loving christ. That is such bullshit... I just added the keep inventory mod so I don't have to go through that again. It seriously should be enabled by default...

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
What veinminer config option do I need to change so I can vein mine moon turf, dirt and rock? Along with other planet materials as well. I'm playing the Galactic science pack again and I figured I could speed it up a bit without actually 'cheating'.

Edit: Unless it goes strictly by ore dictionary names, and moon turf/etc don't have oredict entries that I can see.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Oct 8, 2015

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Fortis posted:

You can add whatever, you just need to know the full ID name of the block. You can use NEI to dump all item and block ID names.
The config is called tools-and-blocks.cfg, I think.

Heh. After taking a look at that file, I realized that moon turf etc are already in veinminer, but I need to use a pick instead of a shovel or open hand. At least I know how to let me vein mine turf with a shovel now, thanks.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
For Galactic Science, how am I supposed to get rubber / rubber tree seeds? I just realized I have a way to crush cobble into gravel before getting off the Moon using the Electrical Age 50v macerator, but I don't see a way to get rubber...

Edit: Also, COWS!

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 9, 2015

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Wolpertinger posted:

Did you make an airlock or something so the cows could survive in there? And where'd you get the spawn eggs?

I got the spawn eggs from the quest reward bags. I just plugged the room with moon turf. Also, shortly after this I decided to make my first star... which promptly exploded and killed me and destroyed EVERYTHING in that room. It's equivalent to a few TNT at least. Star generator gone, everything. So I ended up deleting the map. Maybe I'll try another go at it in a few weeks.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Regarding Galactic Science

Wolpertinger posted:

Have you tried mixing Carbon and Hydrogen into Butene? (C4H8) I'm pretty sure it's a better fuel than all its components added up, but I'm not sure enough about how fuel math works (and can't find anything in the visible cfgs) to 100% confirm it.

Don't do this. One of the minechem quests has you making Methyl Methacrylate, (CH3)3C2O2 which gives 27000RF per item in a stirling generator, and cellulose is C6H10O5, so you can make a stack of the former with a stack of cellulose with a stack of carbon, hydrogen, and two of oxygen left over.

McFrugal posted:

Did it have a 0 RF capacity or something? They're only supposed to explode when they run out of RF.

I mean, that's still stupid but you can generally prevent it since they're supposed to have millions of RF.

It's the star core you make with the nether star. I laid down around 30 netherrack in the oxygen room, set it on fire, put the star core in the middle and ignited it. After some flashy effects and the star core consuming all the fire, it started emitting rays of light then went BOOM. After I got back, it had indeed made a star; and destroyed everything including the star generator so unless I felt like going into creative to fix stuff I was over.

EricFate posted:

I have not, but I will look into it. A lot of the other things which seemed like they might be improved fuel sources ARE in fact improved fuel sources -- but cannot be burned as fuel in any of the first tier generators.

Also, accepting this reward seems like a bad idea. In every other mod where I'm dealing with unstable ingots, they explode when removed from the confines of a crafting bench if they were not consumed by a crafting recipe. I think I'll be making a quick backup of my save file before I try it.

They're stable unstable ingots and don't explode. EricFate, have you ever crafted stable nuggets or done the pseudo-inversion sigil crafting chain?

Also, regarding materials shortages, do all of the storage and iron/diamond upgrade quests you can. The upgrade quests give 10 upgrades for the one you make, which turn into about 66 iron ingots, and 22 diamonds for an investment of 6 ingots and 2 diamonds. Don't forget you can decompose the minechem microscope for a shitton of silicon dioxide for making glass or gravel.

Don't decompose the sorting chest variants, turn them back into a regular chest then decompose.

Has anyone figured out how you get rubber in this pack?

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 11, 2015

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

EricFate posted:

I should probably tear out the infrastructure I built to complete the 5x compressed cobble quest and the quest that required a crap-ton of compressed carbon-nanotubes, and re-purpose it to support my steel habit.

You do know that 27 C64C64C64C64 makes a diamond block with 80k RF, correct? And you did read my post regarding stack of cellulose equals stack of Methyl Methacrylate which gives insanity RF?

Also, how did you deal with the silicon shortage?

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 11, 2015

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

EricFate posted:

Methyl Methacrylate requires the turbine generator. When I throw it into my Stirling Generator it does nothing.

I just went into creative to test it and it works fine for me.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Threep posted:

In the meantime, I saw this HQM addon and immediately thought of your woes.

And from Lorddusk's comment, it looks like he's angry that someone dared to make his mod easier to use. Unless I'm blatantly misreading that.

EricFate posted:

I threw one stack on my Polytool for the effect, the rest just gets routed a trash can.

Oh, goddamn it, I went back to the machine I tested it in, and realized it wouldn't burn because the RF buffer was full.
:laffo:

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

SugarAddict posted:

Has anyone uploaded "banished" to technic? I will not download the curse launcher.

The minecraft curse client isn't like the wow curse client; it doesn't have any ads and I have had zero issues with it.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Been playing the latest iteration of Ompi for a few days, and while it's quite fun with all the new mods, any mob wearing anything more than iron armor is completely invincible except to Ticon rapiers. Any idea which mod in this list is causing this behavior? I made a Lumium crossbow a few minutes ago, 13 heart attack with Manyullyn bolts, and it does not damage Crimson cult knights at all. In fact, it heals them. Nor zombies wearing osmium or glowstone armor. They're also immune to my 10 heart cleaver.

Edit: Also, NEI item subsets are all greyed out and unclickable. NEI works fine, and I tried reinstalling the pack but did not help. Everyone on the server seems to be having this problem.

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 27, 2015

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I started playing Baby's First Space Race, and the Hipster Torches quest in Bear Grylls isn't completable. I cooked the stone but it's still making TiCon stone tool rods.

Edit: .. this pack has some interesting mob mods. Just ran across a legendary slime that dropped a division sigil...

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
When using NEI on a server that has Mekanism, is there a way to make it stop showing the thousand (exaggeration) different possible things you can stick in Mekanism portable tanks? I just want it to show one portable tank, empty; this would make it so the mekanism category would fit on one page instead of three.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Ambaire posted:

When using NEI on a server that has Mekanism, is there a way to make it stop showing the thousand (exaggeration) different possible things you can stick in Mekanism portable tanks? I just want it to show one portable tank, empty; this would make it so the mekanism category would fit on one page instead of three.

And also does anyone know why NEI item filtering is completely greyed out on OMPi but not on Disasterpiece Theater. I asked a couple pages ago but I guess either noone saw it or noone knew why. There's gotta be a rational explanation besides 'lol that's just OMPi', right?
OMPi left vs DPT right

I checked the config but nothing stood out.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

fondue posted:

For the Thaumcraft experts here; are my pedestals too low?

So far it hasn't mattered in my infusions (at least there's been zero accidents) but I'm about to do a dangerous infusion and wanted some confirmation.

Wait, you can do them like that? :aaaaa: I always thought the pedestals had to be on the same level as the altar...

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Glory of Arioch posted:

Power storage is really only available in Mekanism's storage cubes or whatever they're called. If you've got a recent version of Regrowth, there should be quests for them once you unlock the Mekanism quest line.

Meskhenet posted:

The induction matrix cube? because gently caress that. I did that on the goon server with project E. Think i blew about 30mill emc just on the gold.

The literal Mekanism Energy Cubes that are named just that, which were used to craft the induction matrix cube internals.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Meskhenet posted:

Yes im aware of these. I made about 1750 of the basic ones on an emc server. That poo poo wont fly in an un-automated regrowth setup.

Dumb question, but you are aware that the energy cubes can be used for energy storage, right? I mean, you may have never used them as energy storage before because server admins say not to since they're laggy or used to be laggy, but they're not *that* hard to make and you can upgrade it as you get better materials. I can't imagine you'd need much more than one or two on regrowth.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Or, depending on the location of your ME controller blocks, you could just do a bridge of those from inside to outside; they can be up to a 7x7x7 cube.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Cryohazard posted:

.. useful banished info

You didn't mention the ninja skeletons that teleport into your base and two-shot you.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I'm trying to set up a tutorial turbine reactor in the BFSR tutorial world, and I'm finding myself struggling to remember what numbers work well. I'm not trying to be perfect here, just pretty good. A rule of thumb I had was that one reactor of XYZ dimensions, cooled with just water, would roughly power 4 turbines each having the same XYZ dimensions--slightly throttled to keep the spinning speed at a multiple of 900rpm.

The demo turbine reactor right now is 7x7x9, with 5 fuel rods in an X. It is cooled just by water. No fancy stuff in there. IIRC for the 7x7x9, I should have at least one layer of enderium blocks. Does that look good?

By 'cooled just by water', do you mean water inside the reactor instead of liquid ender or whatever? Because iirc from testing, that's worse than just air. You can use destabilized redstone for a cheaper coolant. Unless that got changed in the year since I did those tests.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I've never quite seen super slow turbines before. I filled the top level of the steam reactor with liquid ender, made all the connections, and let it go. It is only producing 200.0 mb/tick of steam. It's just stuck there. According to the Big Reactor simulator, I should be producing, like, 60 times that amount. It's full of water and steam. What?

Edit: I figured out that I had my tesseracts reversed. Everything picked up very quickly. I have probably been wrong about the whole water thing ever since I started doing Big Reactors. This liquid ender one is pushing the turbines hard. My rule-of-thumb of one XYZ reactor controlling 4 XYZ turbines is wrong. In reality, this thing could pull 8 turbines, from what I can tell. I had to reduce the flow rate in half to stabilize around 1800rpm.

Since turbines don't have overspeed failure yet, you could keep the flow rate near 2000mB/t and have the turbine spin at 3600 rpm for quite a bit more power. Or double the coil blocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Glory of Arioch posted:

you don't even need to use tessaracts for turbines, just make the inlet and outlet ports of each turbine touch a corresponding pair on the reactor physically

then make one more inlet port on the reactor, hook it up to an aqueous accumulator, and call it a day

I assume you use the accumulator just for the initial filling with water before you turn the reactor on, correct? Because if the water and steam reservoirs both get filled completely, steam production goes way, way down.