Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Goon Danton posted:

I decided to throw together a mini modpack for the new Thaumcraft beta, but it's crashing every time I try to make a crucible from a cauldron. Kind of a roadblock to progression. Anyone know if this is a known thing or if there's a workaround?

That was not the case a week ago, but the latest Thaumcraft beta version literally came out today, and I haven't tried it. The version before today's had a crash when trying to make a spell focus, so it's very much a work in progress, and it's quite possible that it's just a bug in the progression. I assume since it's a mini modpack you made yourself there's not likely to be any goofy mod interaction issues to blame.

That said, once you turn a cauldron into a Crucible, the Crucible itself is a block like any other that can be mined up with a pickaxe and placed in the usual way, so you can probably work around it by just throwing away your salis mundus and spawning yourself a crucible through the command console or JEI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Goon Danton posted:

How do I get epiphanies? It's holding me back from a bunch of research on fundamentals atm.

Scan a bunch of stuff with your thaumometer. If you scan a chest it scans everything in the chest, so you get a ton of observations and good odds at an epiphany.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Mr Scumbag posted:

I'm fine with it in Stoneblock 2 as by the time I managed all of this I pretty much ran out of normal poo poo to do.

I still have Thaumcraft and might just install Astral Sorcery since I never played with it and I enabled RFTools dimensions so I plan on going dimension hopping so I'll have a sky.

To get into Astral Sorcery requires exploring pregenerated structures. I dunno if RFTools dimensions can generate those, but if they can, make sure yours does.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Isn't Thaumcraft unfinished and abandoned?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

xanthan posted:

Any advice on how big a Thaumcraft section of a base should be? The embers room is already pretty big and now that actually going deeper into thaum I'm gonna dedicate a section of my underground base to it.

Also debating just building a wizard tower.

I like a 3-4 story wizard house with 11x11 floorspace minimum, although I tend to go a bit more so I can have clear walkways around the work areas. You may also end up making a small hut in a magical forest biome to make use of the strong aura there for a couple crafting stations, although those don't need any infrastructure around them.