Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Posting to check regdate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Daily reminder that GROON and ISRAD are still recruiting. There is more than one goonfish in the gay spaceship sea!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Pretty sure anyone who can get into ISRAD already knows of it's existence.

Obviously not as evidenced by the lack of mention in a EVE megathread!

Also lol at this quote being in the the OP.

quote:

It never troubles the wolf that there are many sheep – Virgil

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

goodness posted:

Ban everyone who quoted that.

As soon as you get done playing Russian roulette with a shotgun!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nietzschean posted:

We built an empire so that goons in space can be free of red pens. One of the things that really inspired me to grind around the clock structure shots was the thought that in so doing I was helping to provide for all those programs like reimbursement and newbee packs, and so that the average goon in space did not have to do anything he did not want to do. Faffing about cluelessly while ignoring the serious business of Internet spaceships is every goon's birthright.

Thank your for your sacrifice Lyris "FUCCBOI" Pubstar. 75 neckbeared virgins and Arkhamina will reward you at ice swarm for your martyrdom on behalf of goonkinahahahhahahah

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

I remember back when BoB was still a thing, nullsec alliances loving hated their carebears and were all about being ~elite pvp'ers~

BoB and everyone that followed them were loving cancer. I'd rather see the rise of a hundred FCONs before I ever see those cocksuckers running the game again.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I pity you.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nietzschean posted:

thanks man sometimes its hard to live with my choices

You should post in E/N about it.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

SCRATCH ONE GOON TITAN

https://zkillboard.com/kill/46520781/

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

FCON on the killmail, SV is pre-emptively vindcated.

SECOND TITAN DOWN
https://zkillboard.com/kill/46520867/

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Typical BL pilot
https://zkillboard.com/kill/46520945/

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ok I'm glad I got this in before the inevitable AYY LMAO WE KILLED A BUNCH OF DREADS KILLBOARD GREEN or whatever that in no way makes up for the hilarity of 2 dead titans+whatever else dies from this. Bless THE MITTANI'S IMPERIUM!

Edit: Even Bastion can get it
https://zkillboard.com/kill/46520994/

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Its the best though, not only do you all get hosed but I'm pretty sure Black Legion has to be tackled by now and will lose their whole poo poo. Its the cocksucker holocaust. I love it!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

gwrtheyrn posted:

Don't forget "dreads were insured" and "titans already replaced"

Oh yeah can't forget that! Man I miss kugu. The shitposting and cognitive dissonance would play out before your eyes in real time for all to see.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

"I'd like to invite any of the 'True Goon' trolls & knuckleheads to explain why they continue to post in this thread if they're not going to support The Imperium & Martin (pbuh). Perhaps the PLers and Holesquaders should consider starting their own thread if they're going to insist on starting splinter groups and doing nothing constructive for the Goon Group? Meh... just one humble capsuleers thoughts on the matter... continue as you were..." - Garr Khan May 9th, YOOL 2015

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 9, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

TrickNixon posted:

At least Mittens logged in long enough to promise "immediate" reimbursement. Death2allsupers

Somewhere in the rear end end of H1gay1 The Mittani strokes his goatee counting fat stacks of unmarked hundred dollar bills with UAxDeath whilst the Imperium's LORD SOLARS were all busy leading a strategic op on a 32-man H1Z1 server.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 9, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you're overly bitter again mandozer calm down

No you don't understand today is the best day ever. Not only this poo poo went down but now I just guided in HORDE neut mallers on a NCdot logistics line in the midst of some dumb CVA/PL/NPSI/NC. honor brawl. Everyone is getting hosed today.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Oh and FCON got shot down by Space Violence, all in all it's been a good day.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

I do understand, you're just posting like black baby goku and you gotta relax son

True. In other news.

Libluini posted:

This wouldn't have happened if the titans had been called Lord Solar Macharius, but scrub names means scrub tier, there's no way around it. :smugbird:

Eisenhorn Trilogy is the dumbest poo poo I've read in a while. Like its good reading but Eisenhorn is such a stupid motherfucker starting around book 2 and 3 for sure. I've been missing out on my dan abnett since the gaunt's ghosts stuff so I'm like, no way this is the same guy.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Libluini posted:

Good to know! I'll write the trilogy down immediately and file it under "Avoid at All Costs" then!

But seriously, go and read about the LSM. Execution Hour and Shadow Point. Those two books were so good Games Workshop forced the author to stop writing the last book, because in typical GW-fashion only poo poo authors (or Dan Abnett and Sandy Mitchell) are allowed to write 40K fiction.

Shadow Point is the best, simply for having an Imperial cruiser sneaking up to a super-stealthy Dark Eldar ship and blowing it up in a rather satisfying manner. Rather EVE-like, now that I think about it. :v:

Edit:

The Lord Solar Macharius is a Dictator-class cruiser. The jokes are writing themselves here

No Eisenhorn is good reading, I'm saying that the character is a loving retard with the major decisions he makes.

edit: though to be fair, consorting with the daemonhost who has a hardon for you since book 1 does play out when you use it to kill a loving TITAN.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Fix Lag posted:

Who is DOKDO and why are they posting really weird poo poo in GBS?

Free vouch into ISRAD for any holesquad dude who awoxes Mara Tessidar's Paladin and steals his poo poo.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

MacPac posted:

whats the speed?

14.88 AU/sec

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

GC posted:

I don't log in to SA for just anyone but Endie is a good poster and you should do what he says and play EVE Online.

I think you guys broke Endie because now that I bothered to read the OP in full, it's the worst post I've ever seen him make. It's ok at explaining poo poo but it's missing that everything that comes from a Endie post.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

TrickNixon posted:

I have yet to see evidence that you have any ability to judge posting quality.

I know posts, I know posters. And you ain't poo poo.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

And my point still stands, unrefuted. That one of the posting greats of the EVE online goonmunity, managed to make the new eve thread read dryer than the queens buttcheeks.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Where is the Endie I know and love?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Numismancer posted:

Eisenhorn's slow descent into self-justifying radicalism in books two and three is the best of Abnett's work. It's precisely because Eisenhorn is so intelligent that he's able to do such a good job of fooling himself, while being partially aware of that process as it takes him into overt sorcery.

One of the best parts for me was book 3 when all of his people get hit on the same day. The Distaff, operatives, all that. Then the reveal on who it is that set it all up is pretty nuts.

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Don't listen to that guy, Eisenhorn fuckin owns. The Ravenor series is his weakest imo

Its good as gently caress! I just reserve the right to call out Eisenhorn for doing the dumbest poo poo whilst telling himself "the end justifies the means, I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING GOD-EMPEROR DAMNIT!"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Whatever happened to the queen of Sirenswarm who had a meltdown at a custom title?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I need to find a good BBQ place in NYC. Also a seafood place, if that's even possible. Pretty sure no one knows how to make good seafood outside New Orleans! I'd love to be wrong though.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

ranbo das posted:

You've clearly never been to Boston if you think only New Orleans does good seafood.

How did you know?!?!?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

orange juche posted:

Yeah I guess you're right. You can definitely find good seafood there, but I guess it won't be up to the quality level of New Orleans, unless there's a transplant from New Orleans running a seafood restaurant there. :smith:

I mean I don't need perfection I just need good seafood.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Kesper North posted:

Dallas BBQ in Washington Heights is also great (and they deliver!)

They have Chelsea and Harlem locations too.

I've seen Dallas BBQ when I'm going to the VA so yeah I was wondering if that was any good. I'll check it out.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

RIP the first boatfleet thats encounters one of these.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The boatman is the king of killing structures so thats why only the first fleet will get owned.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Alot of my holesquad bros ask me, Dozer why did you go gently caress goons. Normally I give them some line about how I hate the pubbie empire Mittani has built up but if I can be honest? Truthful even?
Its because of SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBAN
ruining the forums. I yearn for the days of old. Days like these.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 13, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Also yearn for these days too.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

scandoslav posted:

Please surrender the names of those who have had contact with the gibbering madness, that we might grant them the Emperor's Peace.

You for one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

scandoslav posted:

I often praise The Mittani's mercy that I have been freed from my own memories. Despite my transgressions I have been given a chance to serve. I am free of my own guilt but I strive to remember the shame I should feel.

“Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets Retribution.”

• Locked thread