Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
This wouldn't have happened if the titans had been called Lord Solar Macharius, but scrub names means scrub tier, there's no way around it. :smugbird:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Viva Miriya posted:

Eisenhorn Trilogy is the dumbest poo poo I've read in a while. Like its good reading but Eisenhorn is such a stupid motherfucker starting around book 2 and 3 for sure. I've been missing out on my dan abnett since the gaunt's ghosts stuff so I'm like, no way this is the same guy.

Good to know! I'll write the trilogy down immediately and file it under "Avoid at All Costs" then!

But seriously, go and read about the LSM. Execution Hour and Shadow Point. Those two books were so good Games Workshop forced the author to stop writing the last book, because in typical GW-fashion only poo poo authors (or Dan Abnett and Sandy Mitchell) are allowed to write 40K fiction.

Shadow Point is the best, simply for having an Imperial cruiser sneaking up to a super-stealthy Dark Eldar ship and blowing it up in a rather satisfying manner. Rather EVE-like, now that I think about it. :v:

Edit:

The Lord Solar Macharius is a Dictator-class cruiser. The jokes are writing themselves here

Libluini fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 9, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Elmnt80 posted:

The logic that goes on during diplomatic incidents is the best. I've never seen it go any way but badly for the person trying to be an asshat, but yet they continue to try.

:byodood: Hey, there are nuetrals in a fleet with blues not shooting each other. Lets drop on them and snipe the nuetrals!
:v: Quit loving shooting the nuetrals in our fleet
:byodood: Not blue shoot it
:v: Well, rip you I guess
:byodood: I'M GOING TO GET YOU RESET gently caress YOU

The peril of the shooting people: They tend to forget others can also shoot at them.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mikey posted:

I was curious if a T3 could be fit for 250km entosis trolling and still retain some mobility/nullification:

Covert, nullified, 3.4s align, can be blops bridged, 10km/s, 250km targeting. Cap only lasts for about 7-8 minutes with the entosis link and MWD, but you won't actually need to run your MWD until someone jumps into the system, at which point you just moonwalk off grid and disappear whenever your cycle ends.

Isn't a T2-cycle like two minutes? Sounds like a rather luck-based strategy, considering visitors can and will appear at the worst possible moment.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Amberskin posted:

What about a sniping ship? Something like a tornado landing at a proper spot (100 kms-ish from the interceptor) could single-volley it. The interceptor will not be able to warp out during the entosis cycle, and if the tornado is properly boosted (and have links) it will be able to lock and squish it.

We're talking about T3s. Good luck volleying down a Loki.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Demiurge4 posted:

Scan down the Loki and warp inty's at it from different directions.

Hazdoc posted:

The EHP on that is 26k. How much does a Nado volley for?
Hell, you've got a big mass penalty too plus your inflated sig from MWD'ing. The nado could possibly get multiple shots in. I dunno, man.

This is still valid in those cases: (And time for multiple shots?? Was the warp speed and acceleration of battlecruisers multiplied by ten when I wasn't looking?)

mikey posted:

Nah, you'll be orbiting 250km from the structure. If someone enters local, turn your MWD on; if you think they might actually be able to catch you, align toward something facing away from the structure. If they're using probes, you'll be up to speed (7.5km/s without heat) long before they land on you. If they're not using probes, they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting anywhere near you. It doesn't matter how much time is left on your link cycle, because nothing other than maybe a 10mn MWD Svipul can catch you inside of two minutes.

But yeah, I guess if everything goes perfectly and the Tornado arrives just on grid when a new cycle begins and the T3-pilot was asleep at the wheel, then you could paste him. Maybe.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 12:47 on May 11, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

No idea who that is. Is CCP Dolan still there?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Too bad, CCP Dolan had the best name. Rest in piss, never used bad puns no non-German can ever understand. :(

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

his name wasn't a german joke it was that terrible donald duck comic that 4chan was really fond of several years ago

Huh. Then I have to dock serious points, because when I saw his name, my mind made the immediate connection to the science fiction series I grew up with. It never crossed my mind his name had an even more obscure (and rather lame sounding) background. Welp, good thing he is gone now, that boring clown.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to test the new structures on SiSi. If they really want to allow the new structures everywhere, instead of just on moons, I'll do my best to make deathtraps, just in case I ever have enough money to be a real rear end in a top hat on the normal server. :allears:

I'm also interested to see how they want to combine drones and structures. Considering the probably still rather long lock-on times for even the new medium structures, I fully expect people to have some structures around just to spew out Warrior IIs to keep pesky little frigates away.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

They don't auto-fire. All defenses must be manually controlled.

And? I fully expect to control my little death traps if the time comes.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DiggityDoink posted:

Hopefully he's allowed those 1000 words to be totally in the con side unless pros count the amount of laughs it's generated.

Pros of Bitcoin

-Easy to transport
-Doesn't take much space in your wallet
-Weighs less then lesser money
-Easy to buy drugs with
-Generates laughs, which is good for your health

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ryanrs posted:

Speaking of crimewatch, I just got a concorded ship grudgingly reimbursed because I filed a petition arguing that the crimewatch mechanics did not exactly match the description on the EVE Online wiki. I was pretty surprised that line or reasoning worked.

Basically I shot an npc wreck that I created, but was part of a mission that was accepted by an alt. Apparently that's a concord offense.

(yes I was dumb for not using the safety / going to hisec / logging in)

Hey, something similar happened to me years ago! I shot a pirate structure in a mission and was very confused when CONCORD warped in and wasted my ship. Apparently shooting pirate cans in a mission is also a concord offense.

My ship never got reimbursed though because the logs showed I had fired upon a can belonging to a player. Even after said player contacted them and told them I had never shot on him or one of his cans they didn't reverse their stance.

And so I learned the server saves the last player opening a mission can and sends them a message if you attack the can. :shepface:

Now I would like to test if you can do something similar in LowSec or NullSec with some of the still existing static complexes. If you shoot at some of those always refilling cans, do the players who were there before you also get stupid messages claiming someone just shot them?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Looks like CCP is doing well. They recalled their bonds and repaid the 20 million $ debt they had.

Also they don't have to release their annual financial data anymore. That was just something they had to do as long as they had public debt listed on an exchange. Morons are livid and donning the tinfoil, of course. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jemere posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmdCzRPnzOg
Documentary about chinese EVE, the Serenity server, if anyone's interested. It's an hour long.

Great, I'm always a sucker for history-related stuff. Thanks!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Narciss posted:

I was browsing the EU4 steam workshop and...

Own up, which one of you nerds made this. :D

Sorry to disappoint you, but there are a lot of fans of the Roman Empire playing the EU-games. It's kind of a joke now, considering how many people made mods of countries being the new Rome. The Roman Empire itself has been recreated twice now.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

that's garr khan, he knows that

Sorry, sometimes it's hard to notice if someone's trolling or just plain dumb.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Traveller posted:

I got a solo kill! Someday my killboard will be in the green. Eventually.

That happens, right? :ohdear:

I cheated by being part of some live events targetting carriers. Now my killboard will be in the green forever. :smugbird:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Wow, it finally happened: Some random corp has declared war on my random HighSec-industry alt. I'm kind of excited, I've already dragged two other corps as allies into the war and prepared my little POS for war. In case I can't get online when the war starts, I've made sure the e-war towers and weapon batteries are all firing on war targets.

Now I'm interested to see if those six guys actually show up, or if this war ends like the one I totally slept through a few months ago. (A war dec happened, I wasn't on for weeks and nothing happened. The guys were apparently just too lazy to even search for my POS.)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nietzschean posted:

Highsec wardecs will never search for a pos. They will "search" for you on the Jita undock, or if they're particularly motivated shitlers they will camp the undock of whichever system their locator agents shows you in.

Well, good for them. They and the other guys "helping" me can then camp each other, while I'm waiting this poo poo out. (But secretly I'm still hoping they attack my POS. That's what all the weapons are there for, after all.)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

blowfish posted:

But mostly they'll be hoping for you to provide cheap tearful laffs

Looks like you guys were right, nothing really happened today. I accepted some more allies and refused their 1 ISK capitulation-offer. I guess those HighSec-wardeccers will now fight this out among themselves. And by "fight" I mean sitting around in Jita for no reason until the war is over.

Welp, maybe dropping about fifty people on six was a bit overkill, but hey, it was still cheaper then just paying them. (The capitulation-offer wasn't there yesterday, by the way.)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Doesn't he know he can have more then one character per account? Or is scouting per log on/log off too slow for him?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Elmnt80 posted:

I thought it was restricted to torpedos because they thought that a (relatively) fast missle spewing BC that can hit to 250km was a bad idea.

Even with all the bonuses in the world it still takes a loving long time to hit that far. Players are not NPCs, after all and tend to move out of the way. Or use firewalling or some poo poo.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Valar Morghulis posted:

How are multiboxers doing things now that ISBoxer is against the EULA?
Obviously, there's wooden dowels. But any other methods?

ISBoxer isn't against the EULA, you're just not allowed to use it for multiple simultaneous input. So if you're a multiboxer, you can use ISBoxer to arrange your multiple accounts on your screen(s), then you'll just have to manually klick really fast.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Glory of Arioch posted:

people shoot them and then the npcs respond with their doomsday weapon

They can't go through gates yet, but like seekers they can and will warp to a gate and then wait for a while to see if you come back. This of course means if you see some around and know a fleet is coming through soon, nothing is easier then aggroing them, warping to the gate the fleet will use and going through.

Now the Drifters will sit around and it just takes one single guy accidentally shooting them for them to turn into a real gate camp. A gate camp with double shields and doomsdays. :getin:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
gently caress, why do I always come just too late when something like this happens? And that with the new SoE-skins coming over the next weeks. :sigh:

You guys who loaded up on Aurum are really loving lucky.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's kind of funny. I took a look today at how my war is going. Looks like it's kind of one-sided. On my side some guys went on a killing spree, destroying 13 ships worth 1 billion ISK in total, on the other side my enemies got some dumbass. His pod was worth 120+ million. Not bad for some random corps I randomly accepted as allies.

Since I'm an rear end in a top hat, I've send a EVE-Mail to the guy responsible for diplo on the enemies' side and demanded the same sum of money for accepting their surrender they normally demand for dropping the war dec. In it I also told them I would just continue to decline surrender offers until my demand is met.

War decs can be fun, if you find other people to fight for you. :v:

Now back to playing more Elite: Dangerous

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GC posted:

These are the three tenets of true goondom.

Based on this, I fail on all three accounts. This makes me strangely happy. :unsmith:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
For those who like art.

CCP voted on what fanart they wanted to grace their office walls with.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Traveller posted:

Seriously, without the caption I could use it for a wallpaper.

Can't you use Photoshop or Gimp or something to erase the caption from it?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xenuria grew up, it happens. Now hopefully he can stay at that level without reverting back to annoying teenager, and we're set.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Two new modules may be on the way: Missile Guidance Enhancer and Missile Guidance Computer. Also maybe a missile rebalance?

Rumours say a CCP dev has said on chat that a dev blog is coming soon.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I listened to the O7 show a bit.

Relevant news:

- Heavy Missiles get a 5% bonus to damage.
- Missile Guidance Enhancers and -Computers are confirmed as coming.
- The Hecate is coming next month (we already knew this, though)
- The Ishtar gets another nerf.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SugarAddict posted:

Does this mean that phoenix blab dreads are going to be FOTM after this comes out?

They'll have more range at least. The new modules will at the very least influence flight time and missile speed, explosion radius and that other thing are thought about, but not entirely sure at this point.

Generally, all missiles will be buffed by this, CCP outright said no negative changes to missiles to compensate for the new modules.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ChickenWing posted:

Dogs are great.

Cats are better because they aren't high maintenance.

My cat is the worst cat then, since she needs regular visits to the vet to clean off scale. (She has the bad luck of being vulnerable for that. She already lost a tooth some years ago when it was really bad and turned into severe infections. Gums, mouth, throat. She couldn't eat, she couldn't drink and I had to pay a hundred bucks for a special ultrasonic surgery, followed by weeks of medication and special needs diet to clean up the mess.)

Still, I love my little cat. :3:

Just in case this isn't the Food and Pets Thread like the last pages suggest, something about EVE now. Today I noticed the new Sanctuary-skin for the Stratios had dropped and I just had to give CCP money to get it. Shameful, I know. But now I have a blue Stratios!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Richard Bong posted:

The controls are just so unresponsive. On average it's around 2-3 seconds for me between the command input and the ship taking action. It feels like I am fighting the controls and ui already, this isn't a flight sim. Enemy ships aren't a model most of the time when fighting, just a colored box. It's hard enough to react correctly to enemy movement already.

Probably this is the reason CCP doesn't want to do this until the UI is completely reworked. So I guess we should brace for orbiting and stuff being removed for somewhere around Summer 3015.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
All this talk about meat makes me feel like an outsider (I don't like meat that much). Maybe I should take the hint and start shooting goons?

(Don't worry, I'm still too lazy for that. :v:)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Wow, nearly 9.5% bump to explosion velocity, explosion radius, missile velocity and missile flight time for 35 CPU, 1 PG and a mid-slot.

Sounds nice for the Sacrilege. Just fill up your mids with 1-2 of the computer things and you can give your HAMs either Heavy Missile like range against larger targets and if you're plagued by frigates, just change scripts.

And if you prefer Heavy Missiles, the Sacrilege suddenly turns into a nice PVE-boat. And oh god the Cerberus. If you can squeeze in one or two besides your shield mods, you probably could reach out to 200+ km range with mods and rigs combined.

With the proposed nerf on firewalls coming, maybe we'll see some more missile-ships in large fleet doctrines?

Edit:

Also CCP decided to troll their players.

The comments are just precious. :allears:

Libluini fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 19, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

the issue, from a solo perspective, is that painters are really good and only use 15 cpu for pwnage compared to 35 for the missile tc

Painters can't give more range, though

They don't make missiles faster, either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HELLFISH88 posted:

Space magic? I always assumed it was cold fussion or something.

No it's twisted space-time.

• Locked thread