Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
So I decided I really wanted to get to VIP7 for the Athena stones early and I dropped $100 to see how close that would get me. Not close sadly. I only jumped from VIP4 to VIP5. However doing that unlocked, at least for the moment, Mystic Divine which is supposed to unlock at VIP8. So basically mystic divine is a third card draw. It costs 999 diamonds and draws from a pool of 4 heroes. 1 of the heroes changes weekly and the other 3 change daily. I don't know if you get to pick from the 4 or get to select one of them I haven't tried it yet because I want to wait for a hero I don't have. I'll report back if I am able to try it before it gets fixed.

Anyway as for Nereida's stats that were asked about before. So both Rose Knight and Nereida are level 66 for me now. RK's physical defense is 1882 and magic defense is 1456. Nereida's physical defense is 1796 and magic defense 1793. I keep her in the front line and use her to tank Pyrona's fireball most of the time because of this. However her other defensive stats suck. RK's dodge is 872.6, parry is 480.4 and resilience is 310. Nereida's dodge is 42, parry is 34.8 and she has no resilience. So she really isn't a very good tank. Looking at her equipment for later tiers she only gains 162 dodge, 90 parry and 45 resilience from equipment alone. So she really isn't a tank but her stun is amazing.

edit: Oh and I'm dropping a luxury feast at 12 server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I did it a few times when Dark Paladin was up. You get a few soul stones for one of those four heroes, with the greatest chance for the weekly hero, or items that sell for a lot of gold (mithril bars, rubies, etc). It's all random. Not worth it in my opinion unless you've hoarded like, thousands and thousands of gems (I had, from arena), and there's a character you really want.

Well that is quite disappointing. I guess I am just gonna spend all these gems on luxury feasts. I want Dark Paladin myself and at least this is a slower but surer way to get him.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015

Tsurupettan posted:

My Rose Knight is 65, P+1 and almost 5*. When would you say I should shelve him in favor of my dwarf? :v:

I would just keep leveling him with the need for 3 teams in the wharf and the upcoming arena. I have RK at 71, 5* and purple+1(not P+2 tomorrow like I thought, that's at 74) and the dwarf at 71, 3* and P+2 and he's not quite as tanky yet. I'm sure at 5* I'll use him all the time but I switch them out for different things. However these are the only two tanks I have leveled up so you might have other options. I can't see your wharf teams at the moment.

Envgard fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 17, 2015

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
Oh yeah at equal stars I would replace RK with the dwarf. I would say there's no contest between the dwarf's heal and stun and RKs abilities.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
I feel like the ultimate team would be something along the lines of Rose Knight or Dwarf in front middle with Berserker behind and then Blue Witch and Nereida and Dark Paladin filling the other slots. With luck you could just keep him stunned or sheeped the entire time. With just RK, Berserker and Nereida plus other DPS I was able to get under a minute before he managed to get his ult off when it usually goes off between the 1:30 and 1:20 mark.

edit: Oh and I'll put a big feast up right after yours ends as well.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
Posted in game as well but dropping a luxury feast at 2100 server.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
I have to agree that hellhound seems really good. I tried out the trial just to see what he was like, no way I can beat the level 5 trials yet.

And as far spending stamina goes. I spend all my stamina first on elite stages for hero shards and then spend the leftover on equipment from normal stages. I do 3 refreshes a day and up until the last couple weeks I was running all 3 stages for rose knight, mermaid, pyrona, berserker, and then two stages for Atalanta and one for nereida. All my coupons go to nereida and have since I started playing since despite her being my first 3* pull I'm only at 69 out of 120 for 5 stars. I'm like 3 elite stages away from unlocking her second stage but I can't get there yet. I only have berserker and nereida left to 5* so I've started branching out to a couple heroes I haven't unlocked like Hecate and lunar priestess.

I haven't really had any problems keeping equipment up to date though I feel like once I hit 76 in a couple days I'm going to be very far behind on equipment with multiple heroes going to purple+3. One thing I would note is that I've gotten super lucky with angel trial drops and have gotten 6 or 7 of the 50 piece items for free so that helps a lot since you can drop 100 stamina and no t get one piece.

And I do think the feast hall upgrade is the best but I'm probably just selfish since I want dark paladin and I'm just gonna keep dropping luxury feasts to get him.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
Yeah and looking at those items blade pendant is at 83 and immortal armor is at 85 so that's the absolute last thing to do for a hero. Considering how xp seems to be jumping per level it seems like it's gonna be a bit before we even have to worry about farming for that stuff.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015

Boozie posted:

Interesting. People are on opposite ends of the spectrum haha. If you didn't pull Nereida would you be running that level? I was thinking about the first amazon hunter level since I see her in a few of the top arena teams. I also notice you didn't list nether knight, not a fan? I've been prioritizing him over rose knight, hope that's okay

I've also been debating gearing out astral hunter and/or arcane mage. Right now my main group is nether knight, eldar dwarf, night sentinel, pyrona, and berserker. I swap in lunar priestess as a 6th, they are all purple.

If I didn't pull nereida no I probably wouldn't just because I wouldn't have known how good she is. I will be probably running Amazon hunter levels once I finish berserker in a few days because she is pretty decent and I already have about 40 shards. As for nether knight I actually have him at 4 stars from just playing normally. I've never specifically gone after his shards. I am leveling him on the side for my third wharf team. He is a good tank but I just prioritized rose knight because shards were just getting thrown at me. I've actually replaced rose knight with elder dwarf in my primary lineup and will have him at 5* in three days tops.

The group you are using is almost the same as my main one but I have nereida in place of nether knight and I swap in mermaid for heals in place of berserker.

As for astral hunter i don't like him for the same reason I don't like any of the aoe heroes. They just don't do enough damage. Maybe if your whole group was aoe or aoe plus back/front line it might work but I find having single target dps and just focusing down one target at a time so much more effective.

And for arcane Mage he suffers from the same problem as Atalanta, too much rng. It's awesome if one of them lucks out and all of their hits target one hero but you can't count on that in arena. It's great in any other aspect of the game where you can just keep restarting until you get that one favorable outcome that wins the level for you, and I used to do that with Atalanta before I could clear the angel trial completely. In arena though it can just screw you and generate free rage for the other team.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
I am going to keep going strong for the most part, the only thing I half rear end now is the wharf. I was doing 3 hour mines on the dot but that's just too tiring to keep up anymore. Also the wharf connections are killing me, I've lost a few plunders due to just not being able connect in those 10 minutes. Does anyone have a problem with opening up to the public if we keep losing people? I feel like kicking after 5 days offline is reasonable.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015

Boozie posted:

Are the natural 3 stars inherently better on average or are the stats roughly even for everyone at the same star level?

I pulled summoner and am wondering if I should level her up. Also need advice if I should 5 star night Sentinel before picking up zwei.

They are roughly even.

I have never bothered with summoner so I can't help you there. As for night sentinel I would 5 star him first and then get zwei. I did the reverse and regret it. I have never used zwei once. I finally five starred night sentinel yesterday.

And in other news crush is back today but the connection issues make the game nearly unplayable. I've never had problems like this before except in the wharf. But I'm gonna keep trucking through and hope it gets better.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
So now that we are up to 38 members I closed off the auto accept. We do have 3 people at 4 days offline. Hopefully this patch will bring back some people who might have quit for the time being.

I will be going for Lumia myself, she seems like a good replacement for mermaid.

And for rune pieces I've started going for one hero at a time. Nereida's runes are maxed out and I am working on maxing night sentinel next.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
So fun little "trick" I have found. I don't think it's been mentioned before so here goes. On days when we have the shopping event where you get rewards for buying 3 and 6 items then spend 100000 and then 200000 gold the rewards reset at midnight if it's still going on the following day but then reset again at 5 am. So what I did today was complete all four rewards before the shop reset at 9 pm. I then waited until midnight to actually buy any items from the 9 pm shop refresh after the rewards reset. I then refreshed the shop twice for 100 gems and managed to hit the 200k mark thus getting all 4 rewards again. So basically double the daily rewards for just 100 gems and whatever gold you spend.

Edit: Morning reset is 5, not 6.

Envgard fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jul 12, 2015

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
That's fine by me. I'll set it for the previous one tomorrow. Maybe if we can fill out with some more active people we can try again in a few days.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
Yeah my vote is for output boost and any of the wharf ones at this point. Any camp or training ground ones seem the most worthless. Feasts would be great if we were all a bunch of giant whales but they seem less and less worth it to me now, especially seeing how dark paladin scales.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
Also dragon helmets. I can do the 5th level of hero trials without much issue now but I don't. I've only ever done the level 2s just for the items they give. They are what hold me back from promoting most of my other heroes now. So stockpile whatever ones you can before every other piece of equipment needs one of those items.

Also purged 4 day inactives in hopes that we can fill back up for chapter 7 tomorrow.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
I'm really hating angel trial these days. Today would be the first day I haven't beat the tower in over two months though its my fault in the end. I got stopped at the 44th floor because on the 42nd floor the 3 star opponent was a whale with a maxed out back line of Hellhound, Minotaur, and Headless Horseman. I managed to beat him but it cost me 5 of my best heroes to barely scrape through because you can still 3 star a floor if your first team dies but your second team beats it with no casualties. Then I got to the 44th floor and there was the whale again. His BR is 128036. The 2 star oppenent was an AI one of 72000. So I figured oh well I'm gonna do the 2 star one...then I accidentally clicked the 3 star whale. My bad.

So this brings me to why I really hate angel trial. To be in the number one spot you have to be at the highest level which currently there is one rank 83 so as long as he three stars every floor he will be first. As for 2nd place and beyond at the moment to rank as high as possible you have to beat all 50 floors at 3 stars which makes everyone at level 82 tie as far as score goes. The first tie breaker comes in the form of how many angel stars you have collected which means taking no buffs at all on the way to the top. And the final tie breaker comes with who does it first.

So when everyone starts getting to rank 85 whoever wakes up at 5 am and gets there first wins, look forward to it. Now I know this is a long way off for a lot of people but I thought I should just pass it along. I just hit rank 82 today and its 32000 exp to 83 so its taking longer and longer. Also whenever the rank cap gets bumped up to 90 I'm sure that will take forever.

Anyway long story short from all of this I play this game too much.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
Yeah I agree on the angel trials but I am able to get top 20 if I don't screw up like I did today. Managed to snag #10 yesterday.

Anyway something helpful since I don't believe its been posted before but here are a couple codes for redemption that anyone can use. Got them off of the official forums. Also you can get a single use code for creating an account and validating your email and then another code for linking a facebook account. Each of these codes is 350 gems plus a bit of gold and potions.

1. 300000LIKES
2. 100SERVERS

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
I have gone up against a couple purely defensive teams and they are a pain. I would say Astral Child over Guardian just because the shield alone can occasionally kill a unit if it is already low on health when the shield pops. Nether knight is a must for the team because unless you get lucky with stuns or silences he can be a pain to remove if he keeps getting his shield. He really requires specific removal and if someone is attacking your hidden team they might not have the units in place for. I would say leave your elder dwarf in your main team and just rose knight as the 2nd tank.

I plunder runes only. Potions are pretty much moot at this point. When I hit 82 I had 14 heroes at 81 and within three days all were capped out on XP. By the time I hit 83 I should have at least 2, maybe 3, more heroes up to 82. I farmed equipment briefly but really the only things holding me back at this point are orange items and then dragon eyes, helms and titan swords. The equipment chests give such a huge range of items I don't really need. Rune levels are the only way I can currently improve a lot of my heroes and are much harder to come by than anything else. I could farm equipment and use the extra pieces in place of runes but I haven't really bothered with that. I could try and see but who knows.

Also I would agree on the list for arena priority though if you manage to say pull lunar priestess I wouldn't bother with Djinni. My route for heroes was Zwei first(mistake), then I picked up Djinni, Grimbow, and then Night sentinel last. However I went NS to 5* first then Djinni to 3, and Grimbow to 5. I won't be bothering anymore with either Djinni or Zwei at the moment and am just holding on to my arena points currently.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
I hadn't really thought about the 50 piece purple pieces but yeah that does sound better. Oh well I will switch to it tomorrow.

So when you say you use all three days energy do you mean you just collect the dinner and lunch stamina for Saturday and Sunday and just sit above cap minus whatever you spend on the 10 runs?

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
New update supposed to be coming out sometime this month. Taken from the official forums.

***New:***
-French language added
-German language added
-Friend System: Add Friends, Friend Chat,...
-League Lvl 86-90 unlocked
-New Map Chapters
-Legendary Hero Quality: All Heroes can be leveled to Legendary(Orange) after Epic(Purple) +4

***Optimization/Modification:***
-Low level rune and potion can be forged into higher level one
-Normal Divination x 10 now turn over cards automatically
-View Blitz result by clicking screen again (Normal & Elite Map)
-Blitz unlock for lv70
-Players can select participants directly in Guild Feast, the remaining spots will be open to other Guild Members
-Lowers the loss of resource percentage in Island Raids
-Gold Trial: Add rewards when total damage reach 4.5MM, 6MM, 8MM, 10MM
-Emblem System now shows the total BR of all ten badges, and can be refreshed to show latest BR.
-Integrated Shop added, in which player can view items in all types of shops

***Bug Fix:***
-Fixed the issue where Prince Nobility's rage has no buff effect to Arena
-Fixed the issue where training provides no stat increase to Angels
-Improved notice for Monday break from Wharf

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015
So reading up on it only certain heroes can get to 6 stars. They get released in batches of 4 and apparently the first 8 that were released in the Chinese version were rose knight, pyrona, nereida, nightblade, headless horseman, dragon queen, and I'm blanking on the other two. The orange soul stones or whatever they are come from the cross server arena which was allegedly released in version 3.0.

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015

Murglor posted:

I'm level 41 and would like to join (in game name also Murglor).

Go ahead and apply now and we will get you in. I've turned off the auto accept so you won't instantly get rejected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Envgard
Jan 22, 2015

Rubicon posted:

applied to GoonSquad as Rubicon. Looks like it's full, though.

Oops didn't see your post before I rejected you. Go ahead and apply again. I just booted a couple people at 4 days offline.

• Locked thread