Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Anyone have any standout heroes? I'm pretty impressed with the Djinni from the Arena shop. Good healing, probably better than the Mermaid.

I just got the angel Nyssa to 2* and her buffs are just as good as Glacia's, but Glacia has that back row silence, so it's kind of a tossup as to who is more useful where. Nyssa has a really nice heal and a shield as a tradeoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just got a Dark Paladin from the gem chest. He seems pretty good.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I wasn't sure on Berserker Claw, but he's a real poo poo-wrecker.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

He's probably the best tank in the game. He can take a ton of punishment, he hits pretty hard, and he has a stun. His active doesn't do a lot of damage but it hits an entire row without giving them any rage. Being able to resurrect once per battle is also a huge plus.

The biggest downside is that he's a major pain to level up. You can only reliably get shards from the luxury feast. You can get odd ones here and there from random pulls, difficult events, and the shops, but it's not very often that they pop up.

That's a fair consideration. That stun is incredibly clutch and 3* is more than good enough for me right now.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

misterevilcat posted:

Applied to the main and spillover guild as MrEvilCat. Game seems pretty decent so far, a better poopbreak game than Hero's Charge due to having less busywork in general. Anyone else have their phone keyboard default to all caps in this? Really annoying..

I do, using Swiftkey.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Got a few codes while trying to get a 2* one:

Supreme: C8H1WB82M2C6DTPDU1
Supreme: X5Q9NSQTXIXRNVGPV7
Supreme: 1KBHWHI7XOEYKUCVQA
Ultimate: 1OPKS4YOMCVMVF5CQH
Super: 3TUV5AR4RQLRKS87BK

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Violet_Sky posted:

Took this one. BTW, how are people getting more angels?

Mostly through spending gems on Angel Chests in my case. I have Glacia and Nyssa at 2*s from that and buying stones in the shop.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Moldy Taxes posted:

I pulled a 3* Dark Paladin from the 10 get draw, so that was pretty exciting. I've also gotten a variety of heroes from other places, so now I'm starting to reconsider my team formation. Are any of the heroes you start out with high priorities to replace?

I'd say ditch Mermaid in favor of Djinni, personally.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just 3*'d Pyrona. This should get good. :getin:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Zetetica posted:

Has anyone been spending gems to get the extra chest rewards in the angel trials? I have accumulated a lot, and after the first 10-draw and opening nonvip training slots, I'm not sure where to spend them.

Yeah, that's what I spend a lot of my gems on. Still not sure if it's a good idea or not.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, 5 heroes and an angel. Positioning matters for targeting.

Mermaid's okay, gets outclassed by Djinni from the arena shop pretty quickly, far as I can tell.

I don't think there's a reason to leave people at lower ranks like in Heroes' Charge.

Glacia is pretty good, yeah. You'll want to get Nyssa ASAP, though, she's killer in the Angel Trial.

I'd say get more story so you can get gear pieces, personally.

Edit: Just got a hero from the free gem pull! It's a Shadowraith. :negative:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Apparently Dark Paladin pieces can show up in your Shop. That's good to know.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You also need an item that is made of three other 20-stone items!

Purple is fun!

I just got my first one, actually. Dark Paladin. Behold his mighty shitload of HP! :peanut:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 30, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

It says you should be able to close out the game and reopen it to get your guest account back. I'm reading the compensation message in my mailbox right now.

Lots of stuff added this update, and a ton of compensation. Can I tell you how grateful I am that the game sends you rewards you don't collect, as I keep not being informed that I have rewards to collect??

Yeah, there's a lot of nice features like that.

The new guild stuff seems pretty cool. EXP potions, rune chests, gold, and gear mines? Sweet.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh man, an Elder Dwarf tank. Hell yes. :black101:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looks like there's the occasional cache of goodies on the map. I just got a few crystals from a floating chest.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The fact that you don't have to reset your defenders for the islands makes that a way better feature than the Booty Cave in Heroes' Charge.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, I am super loving salty about healer heavy teams today. Can't clear the 49th floor of the tower due to shields or beat this 20k team jerk with just a mermaid/Djinni/dark paladin.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tsurupettan posted:

I handle things like this by placing CC heroes specific locations and restarting until it works out in my favor. Like, Berserker Claw is invaluable here. If you get his toss out once or twice in a row (which isn't too rare) he can shut down/kill a healer.

He's part of my stock team. I ended up taking them out by switching Nyssa for Amora and just giving Pyrona and Grimbow a ton or stolen rage. Basically, eat poo poo, healers, I'm turning your heals into explosions.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The Elder Dwarf needs so many Elf Helms and Phoenix Bows. So.. many.. and he's only at Blue. :negative:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Dark Paladin is pretty great.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh my god Blue+2 Elder Dwarf needs even more helms and bows. :suicide:

At least I'll have a billion titan sword pieces.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Boozie posted:

What heroes should I be spending guild shop points (or other in game currency) for? Lots posted in thread for angels.

All three of the guild shop heroes are pretty good. Astral Child combines well with good healers to make teams obnoxious. Elder Dwarf seems like a really good tank. Soul Slinger has yet to really impress me, but he can dish out some damage and slow down ultimates with his debuffs. Really depends on what you think you need, they all seem good.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Yudo posted:

Speaking of healers, is Mermaid worth investing in? She seems a bit "meh" and I am halfway to a Djinn.

I fought a team that was just a Mermaid, a Djinni, and a Dark Paladin and it was unbreakable without rage theft from Amora for me. I think she gets a lot better at purple.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think there's one for an early gem pull, yeah. That's where I got my Astral Child.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tony Homo posted:

Atalanta is starting to suck. She is basically a way for the other team to generate rage. Her special is like a light tap to the other team.

The best archer and the one I fear more going up against is Night Sentinal. He hits way hard and can wipe out a single toon in one round.

Dark a Paladin to me never seems to be a problem killing. He seems really squishy for some reason and Nether Knight hits hard and is hard to kill.

His purple skill helps with that. Sometimes he does get shredded, though.

Tony Homo posted:

Atalanta is starting to suck. She is basically a way for the other team to generate rage. Her special is like a light tap to the other team.

The best archer and the one I fear more going up against is Night Sentinal. He hits way hard and can wipe out a single toon in one round.

Dark a Paladin to me never seems to be a problem killing. He seems really squishy for some reason and Nether Knight hits hard and is hard to kill.

Yeah, I was never all that impressed with her to begin with, especially after putting some work in Grimbow. She's definitely good early on for story mode, though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with Elder Dwarf. Combos nicely off of Dark Paladin's ult. I could also see Valkyrie, Elder Dwarf, and Astral Child being obnoxious together.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have enpurpled my dwarf. Hoping it's worth it, because goddamn that was a lot of grinding.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I need to decide who to purple next. Right now I have Dark Paladin, Djinni, Elder Dwarf, and Berserker Claw at purple, so I think a mage or an archer would be a good pick. Here's my Blue+2s, any suggestions? I was working on Grimbow, but any of them are in reach with the 2x drop thing, I think.

Grimbow
Rose Knight
Pyrona
Atalanta
Soul Slinger
Nightblade

I also have Mermaid and Astral Child at Blue+1.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I don't like the current groups we're up against. Seems like everyone in those guilds is higher level than me, so there's no soft targets for a mid 50s player.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You get more for the shorter ones, all told, but you have to stay on top of it, so it kind of breaks even if you aren't checking in every three hours.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
D

Yudo posted:

I need a little direction with how to use my guild and arena bucks. Is it worth improving Dijinni's start rating? I am going to skip Zweihander because I like Dark Paladin, Elder Dwarf and Nether Knight, but Grimbow or Night Sentinel might be useful.

As for guild heroes, I guess I have to decide who I like more: Soul Slinger or Dwarf. Mine are both 2* and quite handy.

I'd say definitely get Djinni to 3*. I did that and started on getting Grimbow higher, seems to be working out. Elder Dwarf can hang pretty well at 2*, so I'd probably put more into Soul Slinger. Though, I get about enough points per day to do both, so that's what I'm doing.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've been leveling up Soul Slinger and he seems really good. He hits like a truck and removes rage, which is great for dealing with tanks and healers.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've been getting a lot of Dark Paladin stones in my shop. With the discount, they're 180 each, which is a pretty good deal, I think.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've found a spot for Soul Slinger against teams with nasty or annoying specials. He also is pretty good at kicking off a tank murder with his own ultimate. I don't have mine particularly juiced, but he can crit that thing for like 14k.

I basically just run Dark Paladin and Elder Dwarf in the front, Berserker Claw and Djinni in the back and rotate Pyrona, Grimbow, Soul Slinger, and now Demon Hunter, depending on what my target has or what debuffs I want to apply.

You start getting purples pretty fast and furious, so whoever you find more useful in general is who you should upgrade, you'll get the materials for the others pretty quickly.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Boozie posted:

I’m tempted to level up Soul Slinger, but I’m concerned that I should keep all my points spent on Eldar Dwarf. Was hoping to at least buy Astral Child some point as well.

Elder Dwarf can hold his own better at 2*. Soul Slinger becomes a total skillstick once he gets to 3*, whereas Elder Dwarf just gets tankier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Coolspaz posted:

What's everyone's take on Soul Slinger, he seems like he could be really good with the non-heal ult, but is other damage seems kinda lacking

He strips rage and hits like a truck. He's best used across from a tank like Nether Knight, but he'll do a number on most front liners. I'm really impressed with mine at purple. He sort of swaps out with Grimbow depending on if the front or back line of a team worries me.

• Locked thread