Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

please don't respond to the guy who obsessively stalks mmo devs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

megalodong posted:

please don't respond to the guy who obsessively stalks mmo devs.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Utnayan posted:

Yeah that rap sheet. Probated for posting about reviews being bought and paid for which showed to be true from those sites after the gamers gate information came out.

Anyway. Im still looking forward to the game. I think of implications it has on furthering graphic fidelity in the future and what may be the obvious sham of selling high end hardware, or even middleware upgrades when older technology can run these games very well on PC if they are only developing for an Xbox one.

The dev house is better than most. They do not believe in selling skin/gadget dlc and give it to customers for free. That's awesome. We are all tired of cut content and micro transactions at this point. All I'm saying is this was obviously held back from the public and PC gamers were all shown something else. Cut the crap and show what people are buying. It isn't that loving hard.

You're an insane weirdo.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Actually, it's about ethics in gaming trailers.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

lovely Wizard posted:

Gamergate was right though.

I thought you were kidding but no you're actually a serious poster in the gamergate thread.

A gamergater and the guy who goes through mmo dev's garbage.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I just received my check for viral marketing from cd project red. I think i heard utnayan going through my garbage outside the house too, the dog just barked.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I thought the pc master race reddit was ironic. Boy is my face red...

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

urea posted:

How can you care so much about barely noticeable graphical differences, but not care at all about literally halving the framerate?

Has to be some kind of troll...

he has spent the past 10 years posting on an EQ 1 forum in great detail about every mmo dev's career movements, daily life, and garbage contents to the point where even they though he was a giant creep.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Igni does not melt steel beams, Comte "hussein" obama, if that is your real name...

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

people are streaming it on twitch

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Utnayan posted:

This is what you said yes?

When I checked your posting history, nothing was mentioned about those topics at all. every post was about those drat vidyagames.

Care to rephrase? Or should this be an argument I want to make other than someone talking out of their rear end trying to deflect the ethics of marketing when their posting history speaks a 180 degree opposite of what they just thought they stood for which you are obviously an expert in poverty, global warming, war, and famine, as we discuss unethical marketing in video games as you never have once posted about those topics in your history here, rather, all about those pesty vidyagames.

Maybe you cannot comment on the videos posted or some guy that came in here and could't tell the difference between the 360 version of Witcher 2 and the PC version.

This is how far the rabbit hole goes I guess when trying to protect a product before launch.

I was joking about you being insane when i posted earlier but i think you actually are. Do you believe in gang stalking or maybe gang video game shilling?

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I have here in my hand a list of 205—a list of names that were made known to the moderators of Something Awful as being members of the Witcher 3 shill department and who nevertheless are still posting and shaping gamer opinion in the Something Awful forums.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

This forum could be the vanguard of a new age of gaming. A paradise where gamers can come, sit, discuss gaming without the taint of marketers, shills, PR execs... A place where ethics in forums posting is a reality, not a dream.

Join me, and we will usher in the future. Together.

But we must start by purging those who are not commited to our cause - those traitorous, amoral "posters" that infest every thread with their trolling and their vile deflections. See how they call me insane? How they all jump on me like starving jackals? These are our enemies.

I have PMed the admins a list of names. We will see if their mods are paid or not.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Starfleet Dental trolled utnayan so hard he lost his mind.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

We're afraid little Jimmy with cancer was never the same after he saw the grass wasn't as sharp...

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Parallax mapping was the last thing he could take joy in, and when he saw those screenshots, he just... he just gave up. I like to think he's ascended to the pc master race of heaven.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Wait, is he or isn't he Chris Kluwe? I need to know.

He is.

edit: the blue cow flies at night. I expect my paycheck shortly.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

So is the pc version going to get any reviews before launch?

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I'm sure the day 1 patch will fix it.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Are there any non-retarded streamers for this? Every one I look at has a giant facecam, and some huge fuckoff banner pop up every time someone subs, covering up half the game.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Telling streamers you use adblock owns.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Kimmalah posted:

Man you're not kidding, Geralt looks so weird now!

(Witcher 3 on Ultra Super Duper High Settings)

uh fly away troll, that's clearly with the hair effects turned off.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

i'm at work and i hope the graphics are deconsolized by the time i get home!!

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

Oh no you can't literally wander in any direction forever in this 100 hour open world game. What a disappointment. Looks like you'll have grind through this game choking back your misery, if you can bring yourself to play it at all. I mean, why even produce 100-200 hours of content? What's the point if it's not literally infinite? If I can't play the Witcher 3 until I die of old age, why bother?

people are allowed to express dissapointment that the open world isn't quite as open as they were led to believe.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Biggest complaint i have so far is the movement is horrible. Walking is fine, but running he turns like some sort of resident evil style tank controls. It's not a major drag, but still irritating.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

WastedJoker posted:

I've played 4hrs and had 3 crashes so far :argh:

The default key bindings are bullshit too - alt as dodge?

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

Yeah thats the first thing I wanted to change

http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/how-to-rebind-keys-in-witcher-3/

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Lord Lambeth posted:

This game still has that weird enemy selection problem. No I don't want to fight that drowner just because it wandered into view, I just wanna kill this water hag.

I noticed this in the initial fight against the huge ghoul group. but it turns out that i was hitting left and right on the right stick of my controller, which switched lockon targets. Stopped doing that and it stayed stuck on one guy no matter where he was in relation to me.

Or are you meaning that it does a kinda lockon effect regardless of if you're actually locked onto an enemy in the first place?

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Anyone know which options I need to change to disable that message "gamepad detected, control scheme has changed" that keeps popping up?

Maybe has something to do with DS4 but feels its always switching on, even when I haven't touched my keyboard or mouse.

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch, I'm way behind on the thread.

that happens if you touch the touchpad - it counts as a mouse movement in the ds4windows drivers so the game thinks you just used the mouse.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Haha. In his defense Geralt is well known and ultra competent. If you think you can find any leverage over Geralt then you're going to do it to get his aid. Although at this point you'd think everyone would realize that enlisting Geralt only guarantees shits going sidewise and a ton of people are going to die.

I seriously love that Geralt is a begrudging hero and a total curmudgeon about it. It cracks me up.

geralt's the kinda guy who secretly looks at kitten videos on youtube and donates to homeless shelters while wearing a hood so no one recognizes him.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

downgrade or not, this game has some mean atmosphere - i was running around the starter town as the sun set and the moon rose, and the trees were all bending in the wind, candlelights coming out of peoples windows, everything.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

In true open world style, I went to that burnt out village you ride past at the start of the game to find some guy looking for his brother. I find him, he heads off to meet me later on, and as I'm walking around, two wolves come in and start killing people. One kills a guy, I kill it, and the other runs in a door, kills a kid's mother, kid kicks the drat wolf over, and i finish it off while it's squirming on the floor.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

No crashes for the first 10 hours of the game, now I've had 3 inventory-screen lock-ups in about an hour. Dammit.

If you haven't already, try uncapping the fps limit in the video menu. I got consistent lockups when i highlighted a particular sword in my inventory, shifting to uncapped fps completely removed it.

Also for everyone, going fullscreen made my fps significantly better - I had to have vsync disabled with everything on ultra because it halved the framerate, but with it on fullscreen, i could have vsync on and everything except the hair poo poo on max and still get 50+ fps.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Someone played monster hunter for 400 hours over the course of 4 weeks when it released.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Can anyone confirm yet that the romances are mutually exclusive? I want to end up with Triss so I'm not sure how to handle Keira.

Be more specific?

Maybe he's talking about stuff like the quest tracker being the only real way to find locations, since the quest text/conversations/notice board notices don't really give decent directions or anything like that, which sucks.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

gently caress I havnt finished pillars of eternity. Is this better?

they're like completely different games man, but i am enjoying this more than i did that, and I enjoyed pillars a hell of a lot.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I've never had the targetlock switch targets once for me without me hitting left or right on the right stick.

It'd make me laugh if it turns out that since the mouse is used for camera movements like the right stick on a controller, moving the mouse during combat changes the target.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Fonzarelli posted:

lol that dude was complaining that they hyped people moving in when you finish a quest, like the marketing is something that matters. he's a shitheel.

Of course the marketing matters when it's selling you a $60ish game.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I'm playing on death march and haven't needed that skill. So far i've only got the passive regen one and a fast attack one, and can only slot the passive in since i'm still level 1. Took down that wraith thing outiside (and then inside) the cemetary last night.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Pellisworth posted:

The Sun and Stars (or whatever, HP regen during daytime and Stamina at night) is extremely handy for the highest two difficulties where you don't regenerate HP from meditating. Otherwise you have to eat a lot of food and that gets very expensive on top of already pricey repairs.

If you're at least half-assed exploring you'll find a bunch of Places of Power and have more ability points than you can probably put in active slots at once, anyway.

Sorry, i was responding to the guy who asked if the dodge passive was required, but then it hit a new page and etc...

I got the sun and stars when i found that first place of power by the battlefield.

NESguerilla posted:

I'm really trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, but on console at least, this game has some of the worst controls I've ever experienced. I'm like 5 hours in and just hoping I finally warm up to them but I don't think it's going to happen. I'm willing to accept that it's just me but absolutely everything from the combat, to basic exploration, even little things like looting a box feel incredibly uncomfortable.

I really don't get the complaints about the combat controls. The rest I agree with, though I've managed to get used to them enough that they're just an irritation now, but what's wrong with the combat controls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Tying movement to attack direction is really bad for a lot of reasons

It's actually fine and good did you never play unlocked in DS or something?