Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Archimago posted:

I have this with completionist autism on sidequests. But I did not save Saskia (she's alive but still mind controlled or whatever), I saved Triss. But I did get the dagger with the Iroveth mini quest after the fact (which means potentially can be saved later and the city doesn't turn into a blood bath and you get to kill all the Nilfgaardians). I can upload it if that's close enough.
I would take it too because I am in the same boat as ZearothK. I really just want the tattoo in W3 and I'm not sure why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RatHat posted:

Something I never knew until I read it in the wiki: The name Roche gives to the guard in Flotsam is the name of the Nilfgaard emperor. Which makes the guards confusion make a lot more sense.

Vernon Roche best spy.
"Emhyr var Emreis, a spice merchant"
"A trader?"
"In spices"

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Archimago posted:

Is your TW2 a Steam version? If so, are cloud saves enabled? If that's enabled, the directory it looks for saves changes, but I'm not sure to where. Probably somewhere in the steam folder. You could try finding that folder or disabling cloud saves.

I was using mods for that playthrough but only texture ones, iirc. Even if I was using some others, it shouldn't affect the save files at all. I'd wager it's the cloud save thing.
I took your file and put in in my W2 documents and was able to load up the end-of-game save and talk to Letho for that info dump just fine.

edit: poo poo should have refreshed before I replied

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I just crashed while playing Gwent (extra weird because I'm on PS4) which gives me a chance to share some first impressions. Keep in mind I'm still on the tutorial island so the strengths of the game haven't really opened up yet.

Good:
+ Geralt's movement speed is more consistent than it was in 2, so now he's slow but steady both in combat and out
+ Parry timing feels good against humans, not too forgiving or impossible
+ Signs recharge quickly enough that I actually want to use them more.
+ Looks great, and in the first hour or so I've already passed by a bunch of interesting places that I want to revisit

Not So Good:
- The camera is still a little too close to Geralt for my taste, though I'm not sure if this is something you can adjust
- I had no luck parrying non-humans, and I can't tell if it's because there are usually a bunch swarming from every direction, or because their tells are animated and timed oddly, or because it's not possible
- Having two dodges mapped to two face buttons feels strange. Maybe it will feel more natural over time, but for now it's just a piece of distracting mental baggage during a fight and I'm not sure the difference between the two moves is worth it.
- Combat hasn't been retooled. Attack animations are still unpredictable and the camera slides in weird directions when you aren't locked in (and sometimes even when you are), though this is offset somewhat by the more reliable character movement speed. Now I know why reviewers said it felt like 2 but improved. If you had no problems with 2 you'll be happy, but if you're like me you'll just feel a slight disconnect between your input and Geralt rather than the last game's wall of unpredictability.
I dont know how you are playing, but what skills does Geralt start with? I absolutely hated having to do the "beginner" tree in Witcher 2 and then needing to spend skill points on other basics to reduce backstab damage and whatnot.

Depths posted:

Tell us if it works in an hour!!
If we do not hear back from him we have to assume he is playing the game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

I'm pretty sure the "unpredictable combat" is just people not noticing that they messed up the timing on the combos, so they expect the next part of the combo but instead get a clunky start to a new combo. The timing window could really stand to be loosened up, but everything is perfectly predictable and smooth (except for the lunges sometimes because of the lovely targeting system).
My issue is generally pressing a button and it takes a while for the attack animation to start and finish and because the enemy was too far away I didnt do poo poo except for get my rear end kicked by someone "stabbing me in the back".

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Review copy. I write stupid articles about games for this website. They sent us PS4 and PC code, though the PC won't unlock for me until launch.

Geralt starts off as a pretty capable guy. I haven't even invested a skill point yet but right off the bat you're able to do everything you want in combat. Well, most everything, as you don't start with a crossbow. No need to invest to reduce backstab damage or anything like that.

I do think it's interesting that there are skills which can tie into light/medium/heavy armor to provide boosts. The light armor skill increases crits and fast attacks, medium boosts sign damage and stamina regen, and heavy increases health as well as heavy attacks.

EDIT: Earlier I mentioned crashing while playing Gwent on PS4. I recreated the crash. It seems to happen consistently (in the tutorial match, at least) if you tap the triangle button instead of holding it down to pass your turn.
Thank you for your response!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm going to play the video game, the witcher 3, when it comes out.
I, too, am going to play the videogame Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, upon release.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Rude.

Slate Action posted:

Didn't you guys hear, Witcher 3 was downgraded from a video game to a piece of toast. The graphics aren't as good, but now you can spread jam on it! Or butter! Or both! It's your choice
So you're saying the game entertains me AND feeds me?!?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Lollerich posted:

I just played the first 10 minutes of this on PC and I already hate it. The graphics and animations are just completly awful. It feels like something that was ported from an xbox 360 in 2010. What the gently caress? And also, as an FYI I was running it on ultra settings. I just can't believe this. What in the goddamn gently caress?
Nothing about being emotionally hurt or CDPR scamming, 2/10.
and a bad edit, too

Savy Saracen salad posted:

What directory should I move my witcher 2 save files too? I am a bit lost
to*
Do you have W2 installed?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Solartide posted:

I wonder if you can decoy a decoy repeatedly to "pass" a turn without actually passing.
Oh god I have to try this now. That would be so :flashfap:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I've explored about half of Velen, am level 12, and have had terrible luck with Gwent. I lost three matches to the starter guy in White Orchard so I said "well I guess I will have to buy some cards before I can compete" and none of the merchants I find have any more than 2 or 3 cards for sale, if they have any at all. Pretty much everyone I play clowns my rear end with spies, Scoiatel spam, or just tons of good cards. I understand how to play and can win a few games here and there by being wise/getting lucky with weather affects or getting all three of my Blue Stripes commandos or something, but I cant beat these dudes that have 10 strength cards and whatnot. Is there somewhere I can go to get better cards?

Also, completely unrelated: has anyone else noticed that Geralt is not "in combat" and able to block until he is really drat close to someone or takes a swing? I've gotten my rear end kicked a couple times now by running into bandits who have an archer or three and I cant block them (I have the skill to deflect arrows) because I am not "in combat" yet and cant block, I just stand there like an idiot eating arrow after arrow if I do not charge into melee immediately.

Otherwise holy poo poo this game is amazing and I cant stop playing it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I really hate the monster contracts that are 10+ levels above me. The best way to make cash and EXP are far out of my reach.
Exploring the open world is out of your reach? I'm loving rich just running around the countryside between main quest missions. The only thing I am disappointed about in Velen is that I have yet to find any places of power (except the the one you find at the Whispering Hillock or whatever it is)

Speaking of it, what is the general consensus regarding (main quest question) Freeing the spirit under the tree? I feel like Geralt would want to kill it because he doesnt give a gently caress and wants to find out about Ciri, but I also feel like Geralt gives enough of a gently caress to know that the Crones are evil...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Madcosby posted:

Things I'd like to see in future patches:

Geralt can use fast travel signs on his horse
Candles in front of loot or NPCs are gone.
~Inventory tabs for the following things:[list]
[*]Potions
[*]Decoctions
[*]Oils
[*]Food
[*]Notes
[*]Armor
[*]Weapons
[list]

~The ability to block when archers are shooting at me but melee combat has not started
~More Gwent cards for sale (I have pretty much given up on playing it anymore because everyone has a better deck than me because I have yet to find or win any good Northern Realms cards. I do have 5 Poor loving Infantry, though.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Zoo06 posted:

Have you tried the Gwent: Velen quest? They're not too bad...unless your deck is really lovely. A hero card or two would help tremendously with it if you were lucky enough to get one yet.
I have been trying to do it before I move on to Novigrad now that I finished the Bloody Baron/Crones storyline. The thing is, I usually get my rear end kicked or barely win a game and earn a lovely card. I have no heroes, a catapult worth 8 points, two other siege engines worth six, one Dun Banner Medic, two Crinfried(spelling?) Reavers, two Blue Stripes Commandos, a bunch of 5 power Ranged types, two decoys, a Dethmold, and a bunch of poo poo. I have to get really lucky to win a match against anyone with an above average deck. When I have won I've won lovely stuff like Poor loving Infantry, Redanian Foot Soldiers, and random Scoiatel or Monster deck cards that I cant use. I'm not getting that frustrated yet because I know it is just bad luck, but it is rather annoying.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

There is a place of power NW of Downwarren on a mountain just SE of Dragonsalyer's Grotto
Forgot to say thank you for posting this: thank you! I had been avoiding that area because there is some level 20 monster nearby that almost one-shots me, heh.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've never seen anything before so I figure I already know the answer to my question, but is there any storage system in this game? I'd love to dump stuff somewhere.
Not that I have heard of. It would be nice. The game abstracts it by saying you have saddlebags on Roach but lets you keep everything essentially on your person.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Krogort posted:

Best Gwent move ever

:iceburn:
Good god where did you get so much awesome poo poo?

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah I know about the saddlebags and how they're meant to be where you're storing stuff. It's just not always enough. The 70 extra weight I get from mine is useless when I'm out exploring. This is part of why I hate encumbrance, it's a disincentive for exploration. And not being able to fast travel anywhere can make going back to town to sell excess baggage frustrating.
I guess it depends on what you are holding on to. I'm keeping a decent amount of stuff on me but since I got the 70 size saddlebags I have not managed to get encumbered. But I end up going back to town often because my weapons wear out :argh:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CJ posted:

Best advice i can give you is to make sure you don't have more than 22 units in your deck and limit the number of special cards. Also consider changing your leader ability to the one that gives you sunshine. For new cards make sure you check all the innkeepers, some of them will sell you 4 cards. Also if you have finished the Baron questline i heard you can get his unique card from a chest in his house but i can't confirm that because i got it from beating him.
I only have 22 units, and some of them are garbage like 2 strength Yarpin Zigrin. I have two decoys, two Biting Frost because Melee is my weakest unit type, 1 rain, 1 fog, and two decoys. I am using the second Foltest because it gives you a sunshine, so I dont run a sunshine in my deck. I'm just having horrible luck.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

OAquinas posted:

1.04 just dropped.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Patch 1.04 changelog:
Rebinding any key is now available after switching Unlock Bindings option in Options \ Key bindings submenu.
Corrects an issue in the dialog system that might rarely cause dialog looping in scenes.
Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were under the influence of Axii sign.
Corrects a bug causing spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.
1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displaying as valid resolution option.
Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.
Texture rendering quality for high / ultra presets improved.
Further improvements in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.
A few additional Gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.
Fixes an issue where users with usernames using non-latin characters were unable to import saves from Witcher 2.
Overall stability and performance improvements.
Fixes related to alt + tabbing and minimizing game window.
Game icon updated.
Enlarges the size of the loot pop-up window in the UI.
Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could be displayed outside of game borders in the UI.
Upgrading set items no longer destroys sockets.
Small UI tweaks for Gwent.
Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.
I installed this. It hosed my control scheme and made it so you cannot mash E to loot the single items when picking plants, which is loving infuriating. I dont understand why when picking alchemy stuff from plants I have to click a second time on anything in the first place; I'm click on the plant to loot it and they only have one thing to loot anyway!. That is something Skyrim did right.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

GhostDog posted:

Why is there apparently a "combat mode" that Gerald engages/disengages according to completely opaque rules? Why can I not parry as soon as I take my sword out? Why do I first need to get up into people's faces before I actually start parrying and not using witcher sense? Hey Gerald, I want to deflect those arrow, you fucker. Gerald, why do you keep putting your sword away? gently caress.
This is pissing me off to no end. It is really loving infuriating.

Spiky Ooze posted:

If you have two commander's horns and a clear weather (that's probably default) in the deck you should be pretty powerful. Spies are some of the best cards too since you can use them on the round you're planning to flop and load your deck with cards. If the enemy plays a spy on you remember to decoy it or take it with Dun Banner and use it on them. Gwent is mostly about never missing a strategic advantage because if you do something pointless even once it could cost you.
I have one lovely spy and no Commander's horns. I've never even seen a Commander's Horn played or for sale. I am so down on Gwent I did not play the Baron before I finished his questline so I failed that part of the one Gwent mission and now I really dont feel like playing the game (the game being Gwent, not W3; other than the above issue and inventory being a nightmare the game is fantastic) anymore. It is neat but if you have bad luck and are stuck with lovely cards it is just no fun.

edit2: I swear I've spent more time in this game looking at a loading screen than I have playing simply because fighting drowners and rotfiends is such a loving pain and because any fight where the enemies have archers I have to reload a dozen times because I lose half my health before the fight starts.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 25, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Now that I did the quest for Gwent and won a few cards I am feeling better about it, but I still cant find any more Blue Stripes Commandos, Crinfried Reavers, 8 strength siege equipment that has the grouping ability, medics, or spies so my deck is still pretty weak and i need a lucky draw to beat tough opponents.

Ravenfood posted:

Wild at Heart: What did people choose? I ended up killing the werewolf because while Margrit is crazy as poo poo, she doesn't actually turn into a giant ravenous wolfthing every so often. His system might work for a while, but that's still a huge risk for the village. Anyone want to tell me why I'm a terrible person?
I let him kill her. He lets you kill him after he kills her.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Stormgale posted:

Hey I was just trying to say why how the game presents how awful Nilfguard is (so far) vs how awful the north is makes it easy to gloss over how lovely the black ones can be :colbert: Like seriously the work camps are only mentioned in post it notes on trees. (so far for me playing the game)
In some of the letters I have read (I think the one to the Bloody Baron for sure) they are signed by a Nilfgaardian who is in command of their "Army Group Center" which is a Nazi Germany thing (they not the only ones to ever use the term, but definitely the most well known), so I have to wonder...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I have to agree about the inventory swapping shenanigans. There should be a button I can press to bring up a menu for each of Oils, Potions, Bombs and other quick items). e.g. I should be able to press 1 to draw my steel sword, then press 4 to bring up the oils menu, press a number or scroll to the oil I want to use, then the menu auto-closes. At any time I should be able to press 5 to bring up my available bombs, select one, then the menu auto-closes. Similar idea for Potions...maybe let you have 3 in ready slots (make the V key the third one) Press 6 for potions menu, press r, f, or v to select which potion to change, then select the potion you want there, then the menu closes.

Or something. Anything would be better than it currently is.

Also the crossbow. I should be able to press a button to get my crossbow out and load it, then be able to aim it. Also, I hate wasting bolts because I pull it out to shoot at something but then that something flies away or whatever. Make Geralt draw his crossbow with 3, where you can press another button to select which bolt you want to fire.

edit:

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The inventory is really uncool and if you find yourself pretending that having 100+ crafting materials and dissembling poo poo and paging through inventory belongs in a game about being a badass Witcher who runs around doing cool poo poo then I don't know what to say. The fact that RPG designers still think that the player wants to be a quartermaster and manage hundreds of little bits of garbage is just beyond me. Almost nobody wants to do this poo poo. It's boring and stupid and a chore.

Why don't the books go in the glossary when you pick them up, organized by category? (lore, monsters, locations, unread, etc) instead of having to carry them around? Why don't you have a special "Witcher Gear" tab that only has potions and bombs and oils in it, because that's the stuff you go hunting for in a fight? No instead let's put it on a tab with food items that you can't even use in combat. Yikes. Get a UI guy CD Projekt, whoever is doing this stuff doesn't cut it.

It doesn't ruin the game but it's silly and pointless and it could be better and it's the only part of the game that you can honestly say this about.
This. I really like 2013 Tomb Raider that i bought for $5 steamsale because there was no inventory management. Yeah the game was bizarro in its own ways but the complete lack of inventory management was AMAZING.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 26, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ice Fist posted:

Nobody could possibly like the inventory system. It is *the* horrible thing about this game. That said, I've gotten so used to just going into my inventory and using my oils and potions during combat that it doesn't bother me - but I don't think it's a good design decision. All potions and all bombs should just be on the combat quick wheel.

TBH, I'm doing the Green path on the skill tree - it's got some really fun and cool skills like poison on oils, extra bombs, potion effects not wearing off if you're above the toxic limit, using the correct oil giving you flat 25% damage reduction, the extra vitality associated with green mutagens, potions giving flat health on use. It's not terrible, but I'm still seriously considering just eating the 1k gold and respec'ing into combat, but at this point I just don't know.
I'm not too impressed with any of the later on skills based on how the game is going right now so I am thinking of having one set of three Red, one set of three Blue, and one set of three Green for the foreseeable future. I am most intrigued by the variety and usefulness of a lot of the alchemy skills though, much more so than combat or signs.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

NeurosisHead posted:

I think it was Army Center Group Command; the Nilfgaardian invasion is three pronged and the arm in the Velen region was the "Center" group. It's also a location you can go it, in the SE of the map; it even has a notice board.
This is interesting because Nilfgaard's Army Group Center is on the coast, then :confused:

edit:

Lord Lambeth posted:

I like the inventory better than Witcher 2 inventory. I had a bad habit of accidentally unequipping stuff in the second game(usually my boots). I'm curious what people consider a good inventory system though.
Obviously not possible with a Witcher game, but no inventory management at all like in Tomb Raider 2013 :haw:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gort posted:

Anyone found a way to complete the Dirty Funds quest once it bugs out? It's stuck on "read the letter you found" for me.
It is amazing that this is a thing in the year 2015. Really? I cant read it through that menu? I have to switch over to the lovely inventory menu and sort through the other dozens of letters I have to read, just to go back to my journal, re-find the quest, and read what it says? Seriously?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ice Fist posted:

So I think my savegame I imported from W2 didn't load properly. In every playthrough I did of W2 I spared Letho and saved Aryan LaVallete. But I cleared out Reardon's manor without finding Letho and (I assume) the one point where you might meet Aryan he isn't there. When I do a second playthrough I am going to just do the questionaire instead.
I realized after I started that my save may not have been imported properly and I am worried the game will think I killed Letho. And I dont have my tattoo :(

turtlecrunch posted:

Yeah he's one guy, I forgot what he does in Witcher 1 but in Witcher 2 he is bald hth. I think he's a foreigner who marries Adda (Foltest's daughter) or something...who even cares we Nilf now.
I thought Radovid was badass after playing Witcher 1. He was the King of Redania but he was hanging out in a warehouse in Vizima because he had to get poo poo done. I also had a candid convo with him in Loc Muinne in W2 before the Enhanced Edition came out and thought he was even cooler (totally forget the conversation though). Now he is nuts :(

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Arglebargle III posted:

He was always nuts, you just didn't choose the story threads that let you see him when he thinks nobody is watching.
Oh poo poo, heh.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I loved that in my visit to Vizima when I was talking to the Diplomat after talking to Yen, he was all "In a move nobody expected, Radovid marched over the mountains in the winter and after winning a skirmish or two with Kaedweni troops, they capitulated. I was all :prepop: "that magnificent bastard" until I started hearing/seeing more and more that Radovid was nuts.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pellisworth posted:

Yeah, work breakin' here, hence why I've just been responding to a couple questions and lurking the thread. You don't see a lot of posts extolling this game's virtues at length because we're all still voraciously spending time playing it.
Yeah the game is fantastic in every aspect except for the inventory management. The voice acting teamed up with the facial expressions continues to impress me immensely.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Meowbot posted:

I started playing and got like the first 10 quests and got overwhelmed and quit playing because extreme panic set in... it never gets better does it
What overwhelmed you? What were you panicking about?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Magni posted:

On the Iorveth/Save Saskia path, you get to eavesdrop on him gleefully ordering and watching as Philippas eyes are gouged out. It's a pretty loving :stonk: scene even though you have every reason to be angry as all gently caress at Philippa at the time.
Well poo poo. I never completed a Iorveth run because the EE release ruined my save and i never had the effort to play through to act 2 again. My opinion on Radovid has now completely changed.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just fetched all of the Feline gear and holy wow does it suck. I have a bunch of "assassin" gear that is light armor that gives me cool bonuses...I have the "Cat School Technique" skill and have first two Fast Attack skills maxed; the assassin gear gives me bonus chance to crit and bonus crit damage (edit: on top of what the Cat School Technique grants). The Feline gear is like 5% better armor points and way worse other bonuses. +10% reduction to elemental damage, woo :eng99:

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 05:35 on May 28, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Does anyone know if the Feline Enhanced and whatnot gear improves much on the base set? (other than raw numbers, of course). The +10% resistance to elemental damage is super lovely compared to the "Assassin" gear I found/crafted.

Regarding Hattori: I did his quest at level 13 and ran a train on the half dozen level 24 bandits that you have to fight. I dont know if it is because my skills and equipment are optimized (Light Attack spec (1st and second skill maxed), am wearing all light armor (including two "assassin" gear items that add additional crit chance and crit damage), and have a steel sword that increases crit chance and crit damage) or what.

This is amazing.

edit:

Ice Fist posted:

If you go down the oil branch you also get +%chance to poison (awesome), +%damage reduction against monster type for applied oil (awesome), +more charges (worthless imo, I skipped this one), +%critical damage bonus against monster type for applied oil when adrenaline is at max (jury still out for me, I JUST got it and I'm finding so far that this sucks unless fights last a long time).

If you're not going down the tree, then yeah, I could see skipping oils especially for the normal and enhanced recipies when the damage bonus is fairly trivial. I mean, all that clicking and menu searching for a 10% damage bonus is pretty dumb.

Even though I like using oils, I do not appreciate that the interface for using them is so irritating. Enter inventory, search for oil, hit X is a crappy experience no matter how you slice it.
I am going Oils as well. The enhanced oils are a +25% bonus to damage (I only have 3 enhanced but ho-boy can you tell the difference!). I have never noticed that I have poisoned anything by using an oil on them even though I have the skill that grants that ability at 5. Is there an obvious way to tell that someone you hit with an anti-them oil is poisoned?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 28, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bort Bortles posted:

Does anyone know if the Feline Enhanced and whatnot gear improves much on the base set? (other than raw numbers, of course). The +10% resistance to elemental damage is super lovely compared to the "Assassin" gear I found/crafted.
Anyone have any info on this?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Avalerion posted:

http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/best-armor/

Click on the specific set's name to see the stats.
Thanks but sadly the page on the Enhanced stuff does not include any stats: http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/enhanced-cat-feline-gear/
That is why I was asking the thread :v:

Failboattootoot posted:

Feline gear has +10% to attack power on each piece at the superior level and 5% before that. Don't even care about the other stats.
Is that even good? Doesnt seem like a big deal when there are other items that I can get to stack up critical hit bonuses and have better secondary boosts. I would have expected the Light Armor school to help stack the bonuses that going light armor already does...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Avalerion posted:

Yes it does, it's the third picture just under the armor screens. :)
Oh god I'm loving blind. The similar screenshot for the basics was larger and in a different spot so when I got to that one I just straight up missed it :sigh:

Failboattootoot posted:

I have never played a game where crit boosts and other goony modifiers like it were a better return than raw damage.
I fight things with skulls and wreck them because I have so many crit bonuses stacked right now and i find it a lot of fun when every other hit is a crit. You do have a point that a raw damage boost is pretty great, but I wasnt even sure if "attack power" was raw damage or something else entirely like chance to break a shield or something.

edit:
I cant look at this:

Verranicus posted:

I can't decide if I want to help Dijkstra or Roche when it comes to ruling Novigrad. On the one hand I had cool adventures with Roche in 2, but he's not as cool in 3.. and on the other Dijkstra is likely to be the best thing for the city and has been a pretty cool dude all around.

What did you goons do and why?
Because you have no context about what your spoilers are in reference to.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 28, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hallowed posted:

Could someone recommend how I should build my skills?

I want to wear the besr armour (as it's the sexiest armour) but I like to use signs. Am I going to have to pick one over the other?
You would have to define "best armour".

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Blue Raider posted:

i just ignore the stuff that annoys me and its worked out pretty well so far. i dont know that ive used a single bomb for instance
Bombs are pretty great. I especially like Northern Wind and cannot wait to get a better version of it so I have more than two to use per rest cycle.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

poptart_fairy posted:

Man, I don't care that the "witcher codex" recommends political neutrality, I am going to goddamn murder any squirrel tail bandits that are attacking civilians.
The "witcher codex" is all in Geralt, and thus your, head. Do whatever the gently caress you want.

Asehujiko posted:

It looks like I'm missing the Swamp Thing contract, the noticeboard in Downwarren had no quests for me, anybody knows if it requires a certain amount of main quest progress or did I break another sidequest?
I think I got that one for myself by wandering around in the swamp, if I remember correctly anyway...there are so many drat quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I am level 14 doing the Hattori quest (way underleveled, yeah, I have a skull by the quest notifier on my screen) and i just got 4 xp for completing part of the quest :geno: Something is definitely hosed right now.