Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Do we know when Witcher Dong mod will be released?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

My friend is telling me the pc version looks worse than ps4 even with PC on ultra and now I am super depressed.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Honestly that screenshot does look terrible.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I wonder what is new in the Witcher thre

:barf:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I paid 5 dollars for the Witcher 3 eguide and I feel dirty now.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Yaos posted:

You could have bought the hard cover collector's edition that comes with a book you'll never read for $24.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0804162980?ie=UTF8&tag=randohouseinc7915-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0804162980

I wouldn't pay 24 dollars for a guide. 5 Dollars was low enough that I said gently caress it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Apparently the patch for PS4 and Xbone removed SSAO and lowered AF in cutscenes because of the FPS drops.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1047562

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I don't think they have even sent out the PC version yet.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Roche wasn't in Witcher 1. You bro'd up with Sigfried instead.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Take all the potions. Do PCP and go kill monsters.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I can't wait for the mod to rename your horse to Roche.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I don't know what trees look like because they all got destroyed by snow storms this past winter.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Why does this game say it unlocks at 6PM EDT on Steam and 7 PM EDT pm on GOG?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

VanillaGorilla posted:

Because it unlocks tomorrow evening at 7PM EDT, which I think is midnight on the 19th in Poland time or whatever.

Yeah I know that but why does Steam say it is unlocking an hour before everything else?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Just gonna listen to gangster rap at max volume all day until it is time for Witching. I don't have time for work I have Gwent to play.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I've come to accept that I never want to play Witcher 2 again. Good bye! Good bye!

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Can girls be witchers too? Haven't had this good a time in ages. I won't lend a ear for less than 10 orens. So I told him I taking you pouch or your pouch and your life. Flotsam doesn't need a witcher it has a garrison. My legs just start dancing. Your mother sucks dwarf cock. People the mutants pursuing me. I'll rip your guts out. Just listen. Strong as an ox. You've had your song care for a real diversion? Why does he need two swords does he lose them often?

That sword is for monsters.

Actually both swords are for monsters.

:goonsay:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

9 in 10 boys died and that was a process that had been used a lot. I don't think anyone wanted to experiment on girls. They also don't know how to do it anymore although they could probably figure it out. They choose not to due to the failure rate.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Roshnak posted:

Here, this has saves for both options for what to do with Anais and all those people alive (with tattoo): https://www.dropbox.com/s/fn575q2xnr06mmh/roche.zip?dl=0

Also, doors in The Witcher 2 are terrible, and I don't know why people keep making games with sections where you have to follow someone who runs slower than you.

Edit: Updated it to include Roche -> Triss, as well.

What is the status of the Witcher 1 stuff in this save?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Steam says I can play the game in 3 hours are they lying?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Schlesische posted:

The important question: will my (needing a clean badly) 780Ti be able to use hairworks.

It is in 3 hours (and 50 minutes). No, they are not. An accurate countdown (for gog imploding) is here http://www.gog.com/

That's not how steam works. If it was 3 hours 50 minutes it would say 4 hours until the very last second it switched to 3 hours. So really steam is saying it will unlock in 2 hours 34 minutes from this post.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm going to play the witcher 3 wild hunt in a marathon session so long I die from it like I am in a pc cafe in korea.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

This game is so god drat good. I actually got a decent bit of coin saved up now and trying to decide what to spend it on because once I spend it I won't see that much coin again for a long time.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I've had 2 crashes in about 13 hours of play.

Also major money sink: It cost 1000 crowns to get a boat to Skellige although once you do that you can freely teleport back and forth

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Are quest rewards leveled and am I screwing myself by doing them at lower levels?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Every side quest in this game is like 3 hours long and it is killing me because I can only stay awake so long before sleeping.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I saved up tons of gold and spent it on a dumb thing. Then I saved up more gold and spent it on another dumb thing. Now I am broke as a joke. But now I have my skill points spent how I wanted in all swordsmanship and I loving rock.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Turns out the strategy guide lists where all the witcher diagrams are. 2 hours of running around later I have almost a complete set of cat school armor except I am missing a monster eye and don't have anything in my inventory to break down into an eye either.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Alchemist vendors sell respec potions. They are expensive.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I've been kinda addicted to Gwent and been going around getting all the rare cards thank to the guide. I managed to win a super awesome one. Ciri's card! loving 15 points and immune to effects

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm about 40 hours in so far and am still over whelmed with stuff to do.

Got a full set of witcher gear even though it makes him sleeveless. Also peep my bag full of gold.

Won it playing the high stakes gwent tournament

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Bloody Baron questline is fantastic. There's been a lot of goods ones so far but that might be my favorite.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Well looks like that unique gwent card in white orchard isn't sold anywhere else. I didn't want to finish that quest anyway.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I got 40 hours in by not sleeping and playing constantly. I'm still in act 1. I still have tons and tons of side quest I haven't even started. There is tons more side quests I haven't even bothered to pickup. I did finally solve my money problems though am sitting on close to 7000 gold. I think this game totally redefines the rpg and open world genres both of them.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I've played probably the hardest opponents in gwent and have a ton of the unique and powerful cards. There are a few I don't have though because they are locked behind parts of the story I haven't done yet. Spy cards and ways to use them are the basis of high end play. Every top level opponent will have spy cards. Most spy cards are not unique which puts you into an arms race. You play one and they decoy it. They play one and you revive it with a medic. The final nilfgard leader card lets you play a card from the enemy discard pile which is very powerful. If the enemy gets ahead of you in spy card use you might as well forfeit. Having more cards total is a huge advantage and usually enough to win just by that fact. The best card in the game is I think a zero power unique spy that is neutral faction. Because it is a neutral card the enemy cannot use it against you once you play it. It is neutral so it should be in every deck you use. Every deck should have decoys medics and scorch as well.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Warning to everyone you can only buy 1 respec potion ever. After you buy one it disappears from all the other merchants. Guess I am stuck with the choices I made. I checked 3 different alchemy merchants and none of them had it anymore after I had used one 20 hours earlier or so.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I WAS WRONG I JUST CHECKED THE WRONG MERCHANTS YOU CAN RESPEC MORE THAN ONCE I AM DUMB.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Combat is fantastic once you get the hang of it and get some levels / abilities. Is upgraded axii basically just the enemy didn't need that head anyway mode?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

:laffo: if your geralt isn't a loving addict smoking rocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

what armor is that and where do I find it

It's the Ursine witcher armor. All of it is found on Skellige.