Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Based on Steam reviews Cyberpunk sits right in between...let's see...

KartKraft(tm) and Three Fairies' Hoppin' Flappin' Great Journey, which is...yeah, I suppose that's accurate.

Now do it for recent reviews weighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

I was never really sure how much the Witcher mutations mattered to the witching process and how much was just being a good fighter who studied monsters a lot.

Well, if we follow the lore accurate game Witcher 1, Leo dies like a dog because he cannot parry a bolt in flight unlike Geralt.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

My favorite game of all time is Baldur's Gate 2 in which you need to raise money to be able to rescue your best friend (really your only friend most of your life) who has been imprisoned and is being tortured and experimented on, but raising the money takes like one quest tops and the game allows you to spend several months doing everything else in the game. Not caring about delaying the main quest no matter how dire it sounds to do side content is just being genre aware.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Sylvian Wastes posted:

There is a quest "The price of Honor" on the Nintendo switch version of the Witcher 3 that isn't working right. I hope the update fixes it.

I don't think Switch is getting updated.

Edit: I'm wrong it is getting QoL and bugfix stuff I guess.

cheesetriangles fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 6, 2022

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Someone has a bunch of footage of the PC version out.

Edit: Apparently this was fake?

cheesetriangles fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 13, 2022

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Fun story: the console version doesn't have the RT shadows or RT reflections.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Apparently the video I posted about was fake and is a modded existing PC version and not the update. Sorry folks.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

It's a new entry and you will need to download the entire game again. On Xbox and PC it's a patch. PS5 is also a new trophy list if you care about that.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Cool, the game won't let me turn on RT or DLSS for some reason? It's like it doesn't recognize my 3080?

Edit: Verifying files fixed it.

cheesetriangles fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 14, 2022

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Almost done White Orchard playing on max settings with full RT and DLSS set to quality at 3440x1440 on a 3080 12gb and ryzen 5800x and getting around 40 to mid 50s FPS which with a GSync monitor is totally acceptable to me. Game looks really nice.

Feels drat good to play again.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah my 5800x is bottlenecking me. Need a 7800x3d.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/e5s8Ofd.mp4

Check out this cool bug.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Kazzah posted:

Am I crazy, or did they patch in infinite stamina outside of combat?

I think they did.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Not sure what causes it, alt tabbing too much or maybe leaving the game running too long, who can say, but I find restarting the game can often fix some FPS issues I have. Can be in a place like Novigrad getting lovely FPS and restarting the game increases it by a lot.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Wonder if they finally fixed the PC version of Priscillas song which has been n broken since launch.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm close to done the main quest in Velen and I'm just fully sucked into the game again. Also reminded this is the most dark and depressing AAA game ever made by an order of magnitude.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

Is the raytracing DX12 only or does it run on DX11 as well?

I tried the photo mode but it only gave me a red screen tint.
DXR is part of DX12. You won't get ray tracing without it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Doing the new quest now and Geralt sounds pretty different like he isn't quite hitting the voice sounds kind of growly you really notice it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Well I got to Novigrad and I'm unhappy to report Priscillas song is still bugged on PC.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Auto apply oils, quests always give full xp are must have for me.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

If you mean it sounds like she's an amateur reaching for a chord every chord change, that's not a bug, you're just having performance issues.

It's not a performance issue. You can be getting a 100% locked smooth framerate and still have it happen. While loading the game off a 7GB/s NVME drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou3KZ1Q4ZcM

It doesn't matter what settings I use, this poo poo happens.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

pmchem posted:

Does raytracing in the next-gen witcher patch require the DX12 (crappy wrapper) pathway, or can it be run with the DX11 pathway?

I'm assuming it requires DX12, right?

Has anyone benchmarked different CPU generations' framerate impact for the new raytracing?

DXR is a feature of DX12. You will trace no rays without it.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

I'm actually surprised at how poorly this is running on DX12. It's running like the DLSS isn't actually working.

You are probably cpu limited which means DLSS and lowering setting's won't actually help because your gpu isn't being maxed anyway.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah Steam input is amazing and incredibly powerful. Just wish it let you bind things to F13-F24 keys.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The RT in Witcher 3 basically brings any cpu to its knees. RT shadows I really hope they patch the issues because they look real nice when they work but like total garbage when they bug out.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I don't think I would change a single thing about Witcher 3.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

ChocNitty posted:

Nobody plays Zelda for the writing. It's the same story every time. I could skip every word of dialogue in that game and enjoy it no less. Witcher 3 is one of the only games that has writing good enough for me to give a poo poo about. But the gameplay in botw blows away Witcher 3. Combat, exploration, puzzles, crafting, mini games, are all more fleshed out, enjoyable, and polished in botw.

See to me, Witcher 3 combat and gameplay I would take over BOTW any day. Everything is subjective.

NieR Occomata posted:

My favorite Baffling Design Decision is how, one, you can’t favorite items, and two, you have no way to store your items until you get to the Bloody Baron which can take you upwards of like a dozen hours.
You can just fast travel back to White Orchard or go to Novigrad and use the one there.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Tunicate posted:

Wait u can mod the switch version

With a hacked switch I assume.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Anyone else kind of wish they didn't include the combat changes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

HoS has Shani the best girl who is too good for Geralt and dumps him to go patch up war criminals instead.