Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

hemophilia posted:

I would say it picks up during Flotsam, towards the end. Just do everything, and make sure you understand that act 2 is completely different based on your decisions in act 1 so, choose carefully.

As in there are literally two different versions of Act 2 based on that choice, so keep a save near the end of act 1 if you really want to check out the other option if the one you picked isn't doing it for you.

I finally picked up W3 since its $50 on Steam for the game + all expansions and while I wait for the 1070 to come out what if any are the ease of use mods for Witcher 1/2? I was going to spend the next few weeks replaying the first two because while my 560Ti can run the game at a solid 30 fps at medium-low I'd rather wait to run it on ultra and get a better experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
After collecting all the gwent cards, is there really any point to gwent anymore in the game? I finish the quest thrilled to have complete set then it dawns on me that there is no one else to play gwent against for more then 20 gold or a bunch of junk I can find in random barrels easily enough.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Look Sir Droids posted:

Are you uh, saying Dykstra was loving Philipa?

Its explicitly mentioned several times in game. There's even a hate letter from one of Philipa's ex lovers complaining how she was dumped for a fat troll of a man

Also, I'm guessing this thread doesnt tag spoliers? I'm at the Kaer Morhen first battle and rounding up allies but I get the impression there's a lot of game left to be spoiled if I casually read this thread.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

esperterra posted:

The thread is generally good about spoilers if they know someone new is posting about their first playthrough, but it ebbs and flows so if you're catching up to the whole thread or smth you will prbbably see much more than you'd like.

I've only ever checked the first page for the mods list prior to playing the game in depth.

For a game like this having that somewhat recent is enough for anyone smart enough to know a 5 yr old game being actively discussed might have major plot details dropped here and there.

I'd say anything about Ciri or general plot once you complete the investiage Skellige, Velen, and Novigrad quest should be spoiled. I dont feel there was anything major up to that point that would be completely ruined by learning the details of. At that point now it feels like I barely know more then I did in the first 5 hrs of the game aside from the curse removal in Kaer Morhen even though that was very obvious as soon as that curse subject became a plot point.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

tithin posted:

Thanks for this.

Is the Witcher Mod manager more user friendly then Vortex? I was able after some hassle to get all the mods I wanted loaded, and eventually found out how to load mods manually into vortex.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

In Velen, "Where the Cat and Wolf Play"

Theres a fun line from the target if you show up to the quest end in Cat school gear.

Witcher 3 seems like one of those games wtjh a massive amount of alternatives down to choice. Just for Yen and Triss alone it seems like there could be dozens of permutations of their scenes as a result of making specific choices.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hearts of Stone can be played as an immediate post endgame DLC and there's even some dialogue that reflects the change in status quo depending on some actions you took.

It can also be played midgame for some surprising info

Gaunter O'Dimm will offer you a reward, and you can ask for info on Ciri if you haven't found her yet and he'll reveal what you need to do for the best ending

140 hours in, finally beat Blood and Wine. What a game. Serious contender for one of the all time greats.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Atlas Risen posted:

How do I get good at Gwent? Like I’ve played it and watched some YouTube vids, but I still don’t get what some cards do? Maybe I just need to Google harder.

First off, either commit to gwent life 100% or don't try to collect them all because you'll go insane trying to find which one you missed. There's a book that tells you approx. how many cards you have left to collect. Basically, you need cards, lots of cards. Play every single merchant for their card as soon as you can. Check with every vendor, innkeep, trader, etc and buy any cards they have, even duplicates unless cash is really short.

Basic deck is Foltest 2. The leader effect will clear all weather effects on the board. Great early on until you've built up a fair amount of cards and are ready to experiment with other decks. It also has the advantage of drawing a card upon victory.

The zoom function during gameplay lets you check the card details including specific effects.

Don't build a larger deck then you have to. You can add every single card to your deck, but that limits your chances of getting the good ones.

Special cards have a hard limit of 10 overall, that is where you'll need more flexibility. If facing monsters, which are melee only, stack every biting frost you have and prepare to crush them.

Spies, medics, and decoys are where it starts getting insane. You can use decoy's to steal a spy card placed on your side, then play it. Once a round is over you can use a medic to pull a spy card from your discard and play it. It gets to a point where by round 2 you can have 15 cards in your hand. Its insanity.

There's a ton of stuff you'll learn just from playing. Sometimes forcing a draw is useful, sometimes it isn't. Trying to play a strong hand in one round might work or you might get smashed over the next two. After a few hours of gwent you'll figure it out. It's extremely intuitive after enough repetition the biggest weakness to the player is the amount and variety of cards you have.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

theoretically muster decks (skellige, monsters, gaunter o'dimm's neutral card and crew) benefit from stacking the deck size to the moon, because then for the price of playing one card you get all the rest in for a huge party. the problem with muster decks is the reverse of what tom tucker laid out: if you happen to draw the duplicate monster cards into your hand, rather than just a single copy, then you are essentially burning MULTIPLE cards per turn! woe betide the skellige deck that pulls all three of its longships with a mulligan and then slashes its hand size from 10 to 7 in a single turn

In that note, using spies then becomes a problem if you have muster cards in your hand. The last thing you want is to use a spy and draw 2 cards you'd play anyways just from playing a single card. Its gets real complicated because muster cards can then become your "must win this round" draw or you waste a ton of potential.

The Gaunter O Dimm are the best, because of you get one in your first draw may as well play immediately, bait the opponent and sacrifice round one if you have too.

Just another reason monster deck is the worst. Scoia'tel has some flexibility but Nilfgard and Northern Realms are the undisputed top tier.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

10 Beers posted:

I've got one Gwent card on Skellige left that can't be won from anyone. I swear I've checked every merchant.

There are multiple main/side quest NPCs who let you play them in gwent. Its definitely one of them.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

nachos posted:

Leader abilities are effectively a pass depending on which one you pick. Don’t be afraid to incorporate strategic usage of “see 3 cards from your opponents deck” or whatever to buy a turn.

Why would you ever pick that ability when you can draw cards from your opponents discard? Hello previous rounds spies, happy to see you again.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

NotNut posted:

anyway Olgierd said something about how there's nothing but a void after death, when I JUST spent 8 hours hanging out with the ghost of his brother

Every time Olgierd opened his mouth to bemoan the fate of his existence all I could think was "I cannot wait for Gaunter O'Dimm to just ruin your poo poo"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

itry posted:

Anything O'Dimm can offer you is extremely meh. Also taking anything from him after playing through all HoS is a dubious decision.

He's a demon that cursed a person. Maybe that person was lovely to being with, maybe he wasn't. But you're a Witcher, and lifting curses it what you do.

If you're looking for a justification to help, that is it.

Lifting curses from actual victims, not whiny bohemians who hosed up their life because their twu luv wouldnt marry their broke rear end.

Edit: because her parents wouldn't let her since he squandered his trust fund and his sprawling family estate to have fun carousing and drinking and then when he didn't get what he wanted he cursed a guy doing nothing wrong and voluntarily agreed to murder his own brother to get rich again so he could get her parents approval oh and lets not forget he's apparently pillaging and raping his way across the countryside for lack of anything better to do.

Really all around stand up guy totally doesn't deserve what happens to him.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 8, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Look Sir Droids posted:

I always thought Olgierd pre-immortality was an rear end in a top hat because of depression and alcoholism, not some inherent character flaw. After immortality he’s pillaging bc he’s bored. He’s not supposed to be that sympathetic but he’s not completely unsympathetic.

That was my takeaway.

So you think the depression and alcohol was a factor before or after he agreed to kill his brother for money/status

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

He was penniless and desperate when gaunter approached him

Oh well that absolves him of all responsibility for his actions then!

Why are so many people rushing to defend this guy who made a with a devil and is shown to have hurt and abused hundreds of people including those close to him and loved him?

Moral complexity blah blah blah there is literally nothing redeemable about Olgierd this is the tale of the man who does whatever it takes to get whatever he wants and is shocked there are consequences.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 8, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fritz the Horse posted:

The Bloody Baron is a lot more sympathetic piece of poo poo than Olgierd because the Baron seems genuinely remorseful and takes some steps to heal his family.

O'Dimm preys on people in desperate situations, sure. But Olgierd was willing to sacrifice a loved one (Vlodimir) and sell his own soul for wealth. I don't remember if Olgierd summoned O'Dimm but he does summon demons later on to try and weasel out of the contract and binds the demons to care for Iris.

I don't see anything sympathetic about Olgierd, there's nothing he's done that makes me think he deserves a second chance. But I can't let a literal Satan figure win either.

Aftet everything he's done Geralt helping Satan trying to ensure a contract properly paid out is the most Witcher thing to do.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 8, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Oh dear me posted:

Olgierd, having lost everything, did one extremely bad thing in agreeing to sacrifice his brother. Something he obviously feels very guilty about.

But his responsibility for everything bad he did after that is pretty dubious, given that O'Dimm had sucked his emotions out of him. There's good reason to hope he might be much nicer once he's been freed.

Let's not act like the intellectual abilty to understand what does and does not hurt people is somehow tied to feeling bad or good.

Olgierd is a spoiled failson who expected the world to fall at his feet thanks to his family's wealth and prestige and live a consequence free life. It didn't happen so he did horrific things to make it happen. Boohoo I'm not happy after I got everything I wanted why cant i get yet another chance?

pentyne fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 8, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Given what choice Olgierd made its entirely possible his inabilty to feel everything is psychological and not magical. Every single good thing in his life after that is completely defined by him having committed one of the most horrific things possible.

I didn't see the Gaunter fight and had no interest in watching it on YouTube so maybe I'm wrong.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mike the TV posted:

It's kinda interesting that O'Dimm probably is the most powerful creature seen in the Witcher universe. Considering how much Geralt tries to be cautious regarding powerful monsters, he really gets wayyyy over his head on this one.

What about any of that made it seem like Geralt was even remotely excited or willing?

He only ended up taking the deal because he was chained up on his way to get brutally tortured and killed for being tricked into killing a royal prince. And who exactly sent Geralt on that path?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Oh dear me posted:

If you commit a purely intellectual error, it's simply called a mistake. Emotions are essential to morality - there's no purely intellectual reason to think people is bad.

Emotions are not essential to morality. The core idea of ethics and morality bound to some abstract feeling hasn't been a thing since the philosophers of the age of enlightenment. Even someone somehow purged of all their emotions can still understand that killing a loved one in front of someone is a bad thing to do.

Shooting Blanks posted:

This is where actions come in - Regis is a bro, whereas Detlaff is a higher vampire still driven by base instinct on a certain level. He lacks the capacity to see shades of grey and you have the choice to fight him or not.

The higher vampires are much more interesting then Olgierd. They exist with an entirely different understanding of life and mortality with centuries of radically different perceptions on the value of a life of a human being. Living to emotional extremes, having a completely different concept of death, seeing mortal life as a curiosity, etc. All other vampires to that point in the Witcher games came off as barely civilized beasts just skulking around and preying on people.

Even listening to Regis talk about vampire society its so interesting because at best humans could be a buzzing mosquito of an annoyance if they went all out trying to kill them. They would care more about their infrastructure being impacted then an army bearing down on them.

What goes down with Detlaff I killed him and gave Sylvia the ribbon. Sylvia was an actual victim, singled out by a wandering mage as a cursed child and treated as such until she was cast out to die alone in a forest. Her rage and anger at the people responsible wasn't some whim. Detlaff was a victim too but was too powerful to just let run wild exterminating an entire country to sate his anger.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Shooting Blanks posted:

In the game it's explained that only a higher vampire can kill another higher vampire. I'm not sure if it's the same as in the books, and Gaunter is probably an outlier in that conversation given what's known and unknown about what sort of being he is, but my recollection is that Geralt wouldn't bother trying because it's a pointless endeavor.

I think B&W invents a ton of details about higher vampires and their lore. The classic rule for Witchers was "higher vampires and dragons" not worth taking a contract for.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fritz the Horse posted:

Gwent is a significant time investment that you really want to be playing from the very start so you don't have to play catch-up. There are two tournaments with some content but you're not missing a ton.

It's basically boring as hell if you aren't playing constantly to get all the cards. A basic starting deck is woefully weak unless you get a great hand. By the time you get spies and heroes it gets way more fun and you;d not save scumming because you didn't get a freeze card against a monster player.

With that, the gwent side quests are the only times you face "high level" gwent players so if you haven't been playing all the time, you're grossly unprepared to beat them.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

Fighting the toad after coasting through about 75% of the base game was a bit of a wake up call, yeah. Suddenly I have to think, what is this nonsense

I did full cat armor while focused on alchemy, so all my fighting style was based around 90% quick attacks, constant evasion, strong attacks when opportune. The fight wasn't that hard to me but I'd spent the entire game constantly trying to avoid getting hit even once while dosing myself to the eyeballs every time more then 3 enemies attacked at once.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

How's Thronebreaker? I loved Gwent in Witcher 3, but partly that was due to the ambience. It was always nice to stop off in a tavern after several hours' worth of adventuring to unwind with some Gwent. Can it carry a full game on its own?

It's massively different and basically Gwent in name only.

Do not buy it because you love Gwent in W3. It's a pretty good game but almost completely new system.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

isk posted:

At that point all Gaunter could do was clap and sink into the void. As powerful as he is, he's not unlimited and he's bound by certain rules. That's the classic fae/god trope. The point about rich folks is well heard and I agree, they don't feel beholden to the rules and often find ways around/through them, but this isn't that.

In game, that's kind of the difference.

O'Dimm cast as this mysterious godlike being who never lies and always delivers on what he says maybe more spirit of the law then letter but technically correct at his worst.

Olgier is old money nobility fallen on hard times who makes the Faustian bargain because he hates that the world doesn't bend over and let him take whatever he wants, then spends his existence trying to find a way to make the rules not apply to him.

The whole dynamic between them is just superb writing and even for me, who made the decision instantly because I knew from the start who I would side with when it came down to it, I can see that just arguing the idea alone could stir heated emotions between people who disagree on the fate of a video game character.

I still steadfastly believe the "heart of stone" was not anything O'Dimm did but Olgier's own conscience after setting up his brothers death so he could marry his crush. Everything after was just the ennui of a consequence free existence for a narcissistic glory hound

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Azuren posted:

Been watching the Polish Witcher series and it's legit awesome. I went into it thinking it would be "an ok, cheesy cult classic with bad special effects", but I genuinely like it better than the Netflix series and think it does a much better job of adapting the books (though it does stray/make up stuff at points, I think it keeps the spirit of the series better). Bonus points for all the cool 90s computer game stock sound effects.

Is it on a streaming service somewhere or...?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Rinkles posted:

What's a good way of growing your gwent collection early on?

Early Gwent is pretty dire when you just have a basic deck. There's no shame and playing on easy until you get some good cards.

By the end with all the cards you can build a deck that will crush any and everything you face rather then relying on luck for a spy or a clear weather card.

I ended up taking Foltest 2 from start to finish because the weather clearing power is so insanely effective. Although I guess the AI doesn't realize when you keep stacking stuff in a area they cast Rain on it's because you know you're just gonna clear it anyways and easily win the round.

I played around with the other 4 decks but Northern Realms just appealed to me for whatever reason.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Parallelwoody posted:

My first time through I went with Triss, because I didn't know better and had only played witcher 2 beforehand. I replayed the game again to fix that mistake, but never got a bad dad ending.

It's one of the best example of "choices matter" gameplay in the ending is the culmination of many things and not just a rgb pick an ending.

Especially since, as has been mentioned repeatedly the good dad ending requires you to step back and trust your daughter, to not try and control her and to let her realize what she wants and support her when most games are just about min-maxing your social levels or grinding out exp/resource X for the best ending. I think O'Dimm was a snake you can't trust but if you finish his quest and he offers you a gift the one for Ciri is really well done without making it too obvious what you need to do to succeed.

That the bad ending was also exceptionally well written is also a treat.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Asehujiko posted:

You can easily scrap all the Skellige ocean ?'s and riding up to Crow's Perch without losing anything of value.

Consolidate all those bandit camps where at best every third one has a single paragraph of somebody's journal in it. HoS did it right, there's only 6 Flaming Rose camps total and they're all connected story-wise.

Same with all the four-ghouls-and-a-treasure-chest points of "interest".

I did every single Skellige ? but I can't imagine having done that without a fast travel everywhere mod and the unlimited inventory, much less all the other points of interest.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Parallelwoody posted:

Alpha Protocol is one of the best games ever and if you don't like it send me your address so I can come teach you how to handle the jankiness manliness (by the way it's maxing out pistols and being dickhead Jack Bauer).

It's definitely top tier for replayability in terms of unique multiple playthroughs.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
What? I don't get why my daughter is mad I took money from her rear end in a top hat biodad to find her and bring her back to him. She should understand that finding her was expensive, and new swords aren't free.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Ciri... I did it for the Gwent Cards.

Now there's your moral dilemma!

poo poo being a good parent is loving impossible in that case.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fritz the Horse posted:

You've read the books so I'm probably preaching to the choir here. W3's strengths are in the Role-Playing aspects of RPG. The actual vidya game part: loot, crafting, combat system, progression etc. are pretty average. They're fine.

This is where the auto-apply oils, remove weight limit, and increased creature loot come in. The game is amazing but not when it's a frustrating grind to try and find the parts you need to upgrade your potions, especially when you've killed potentially dozens of said creatures and not gotten the rare monster part. Like a Master Witcher doesn't know how to extract/butcher a monster to get the most essential components.

I personally loved fast travel anywhere but I also got every single ? in Skellige and many of those were just swimming directly from one to another and then fast traveling back to the mainland.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Also, "they're both for monsters" can apply to humans as well.

That's almost literally a quote from the final boss in Witcher 1 when you kill him with a silver sword.

I don't remember clearly but I feel like there's at least a couple of lines about "monsters" having a pretty flexible meaning, especially for Geralt "friends with a vampire" of Rivia.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

White Coke posted:

Why did CDPR decide to adapt CP2020? Was an executive a big fan, or was it just cheaper than getting the Shadowrun IP?

Getting video game rights to William Gibson's books was probably too difficult/expensive even if it would've probably been a better idea.

I remember Sapkowski originally sold the rights to CDPR for like a one time sum of $50k or something expecting nothing to come of it and was pretty loving mad when Witcher 2 turned into a mega hit. I think CDPR went back and amended their deal to give him a cut of the games revenue out of the goodness of their heart.

He's now working on the Netflix show and probably making more from then then he ever did from his books prior to 2010 so it seems like he's pretty happy.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Actually he took them to court and had a good enough case they instead settled with him for ~$16 million.

Really? Is there a link?

I read about him getting burned on the polish TV adaption making no money so for the video games his attitude was "cut me a check I have 0 expectations you succeed but have fun anyways assholes" and had a general disregard for the games themselves after the fact.

He's very much changed his tone towards adaptations in the last few years.

This is what I seem to remember

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-24-meeting-andrzej-sapkowski-the-writer-who-created-the-witcher

quote:

CD Projekt came sniffing around in the early 2000s, another history I've written in detail before. Sapkowski doesn't remember how the conversation went but he remembers agreeing to the game. "Well they brought a big bag of money!" he says. It was the same reason he said yes to Chmielarz. "What I expect from an adaptation: a big bag of money. That is all."

Simply, he didn't think it would amount to much. He thought games were stupid, had done ever since shooting Martians on an old console plugged into a TV. "OK let's play cards or let's drink vodka," he said back then, "but killing Martians is stupid. And my standpoint stands: it is stupid."

So he left CD Projekt Red to it. Didn't visit, wasn't consulted, didn't care. He was Andrzej Sapkowski, who were they? "People ask me, they say, 'The games helped you?' I say, 'Yes, to the same extent I helped the games.' It was not so that the games promote me: I promoted the games with my name and characters."

You can understand his frustration and you can understand the confusion. But isn't it all water under the bridge compared to the money he has made from Witcher game sales? Well no, because - and herein lies his constant source of aggravation - he gets nothing.

"I was stupid enough to sell them rights to the whole bunch," he says. "They offered me a percentage of their profits. I said, 'No, there will be no profit at all - give me all my money right now! The whole amount.' It was stupid. I was stupid enough to leave everything in their hands because I didn't believe in their success. But who could foresee their success? I couldn't."

He doesn't begrudge CD Projekt Red's accomplishments all the same. In many ways he couldn't have asked for a better studio. Credit where credit is due. "The game is made very well," he says, "and they merit all of the beneficiaries they get from it. They merit it. The game is very good, well done, well done."

He is not above signing a Witcher game too, should you present it, and people have. "I do it," he says. "Because first of all, when people come to sign, I consider them fans, so if they come and present me the game to sign, I cannot say no to that because it would be very impolite. Stand in a long queue, bring the game, what can I say? 'Please go away, I will not sign it'? It will be very impolite."

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-01-02-cd-projekt-signs-new-agreement-and-ends-dispute-with-the-witcher-author

quote:

Following this, he publicly demanded over $16 million in royalties from CD Projekt, claiming that under Polish law he had been wrongfully underpaid for his work. CD Projekt dismissed the claim, but said: "It is the Company's will to maintain good relations with authors of works which have inspired CD Projekt Red's own creations. Consequently, the Board will go to great lengths to ensure amicable resolution of this dispute; however, any such resolution must be respectful of previously expressed intents of both parties, as well as existing contracts."

It appears that the desired amicable resolution has been achieved. The statement from CD Projekt states that: "The agreement satisfies and fully clarifies the needs and expectations of both parties, past and present, and sets out a framework for the future cooperation between the two sides."

It seems to PR weasel words but very much written like CDPR just said "sure okay" and gave him a piece of their mega-hit to avoid the PR nightmare of the original author suing them.

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/regulatory-announcements/current-report-no-15-2018/

quote:

Current report no. 15/2018

October 2, 2018

Subject: Receipt of a demand for payment submitted on behalf of Mr. Andrzej Sapkowski

Legal basis: Art. 17 of the Market Abuse Regulation _MAR_ – inside information

The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with a registered office in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74, hereby announces that on 1 October 2018 the Company received an official demand for payment filed by plenipotentiaries of Mr. Andrzej Sapkowski.

The notice indicates that Mr. Andrzej Sapkowski expects payment of additional royalties beyond what had been contractually agreed upon between himself and the Company. The contents of the notice are attached to this report.

In the Company’s opinion the demands expressed in the notice are groundless with regard to their merit as well as the stipulated amount. The Company had legitimately and legally acquired copyright to Mr. Andrzej Sapkowski’s work, i.a. insofar as is required for its use in games developed by the Company. All liabilities payable by the Company in association therewith have been properly discharged.

It is the Company’s will to maintain good relations with authors of works which have inspired CD PROJEKT RED’s own creations. Consequently, the Board will go to great lengths to ensure amicable resolution of this
dispute; however, any such resolution must be respectful of previously expressed intents of both parties, as well as existing contracts.

In the Company’s opinion receipt of the abovementioned demands meets the significance criterion due to the identity of the person submitting the demands.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 28, 2021

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Reminds me of the inventor of the keurig, who sold the patent for $50k thinking it would never go anywhere, and now years later rails against them for being a source of excessive waste generation.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Though, there is a quest early on that can surprise you. Just remember if you turn someone in for theft in occupied lands, the consequences might be more severe than some jail time.

Depends on your familiarity with crime and punishment in medieval societies. Horse theft and poaching were commonly punished with death sentences in many places.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Fritz the Horse posted:

Hmm how about this: what sort of side quests particularly appeal to you? If we just asked the thread "hey what are your favorite side quests" you'd get half of them in the game.

Me personally I like the silly/funny/goofy ones, the light-hearted comic relief beause much of the main story is quite heavy and dark at times (other than Blood and Wine).

The detective side-quests where you could do a bad job and come to the wrong conclusion but still close the case were really good.

The only other game that had a comparable experience was LA Noire, where you can progress and gently caress up the investigation, get the wrong people, miss/ignore evidence and the quest still completes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Levantine posted:

I currently use:

HD reworked: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1021
Over 9000 weigh mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3
No Falling damage: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/352
Auto Apply Oils: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/625
FriendlyHUD: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/365
Always Full Exp (this can lead you to being fairly overleveled but whatevs): https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/820
Fast Travel from anywhere (be careful with this and don't use it when the game normally locks fast travel) : https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/324

I also like using Slots Slots Slots and Set Skill Points per level but note this is not balanced at all and will lead you to being way overpowered so feel free to jack up the difficulty if you do.

The Increased Creature loot mod does a lot to reduce how much you need to grind for the rare monster parts. You can set it to one of 5 settings, with the basic version all the way to "loot drop chance =100%" for monster parts.