Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
irc.synirc.net #witcher3 for cool nerd chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Orv posted:

Added to the top.

:swoon:

Also:

Couldn't help myself. :smithicide:

When I get them I'll effortpost and let you guys know whether the writing is good.

Edit:

Orv: Maybe add the link to the save files that was in the old OP?

Archimago posted:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30709-(SPOILERS)The-Witcher-2-Save-Game-Files

Take your pick, dude has like every possible variation available. Obviously, lots of spoilers for TW2 in there so anyone who cares about that shouldn't click.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Orv posted:

You are tearing me apart Archimago!

Done under The Story Now.

I keep thinking of good things. Like this Kotaku article that introduces the happenings in the previous two games is really good for people who haven't played the games want a refresher: http://kotaku.com/a-beginner-s-guide-to-the-world-of-the-witcher-1704506152

These things just keep coming to me one at a time.

It's a good OP though. You're a Goon Hero.

Drifter posted:

Hey, Orv, are those PC screenshots up there the older ones from a year ago, or are they the newer, downgraded shots?

The Gamecube version.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

ZearothK posted:

So... Turns out I won't have the time to replay 2 before next week and the guy who put up all those saves had the tattoo removed...Would any goon have a handy save with Adda's curse lifted, Aryan alive, Blue-Stripes Tattoo, Iorveth's path, Stennis alive, freed Saskia and spared Letho and Sile?

I have this with completionist autism on sidequests. But I did not save Saskia (she's alive but still mind controlled or whatever), I saved Triss. But I did get the dagger with the Iroveth mini quest after the fact (which means potentially can be saved later and the city doesn't turn into a blood bath and you get to kill all the Nilfgaardians). I can upload it if that's close enough.

Archimago fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 15, 2015

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

ZearothK posted:

Oh, it most certainly is close enough if I can't find the whole thing, bless your heart if you do.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzrCC9Udy84jZGNRSkpRUW9VdXM/view?usp=sharing

-TATTOO PRESENT :siren:
-Scoi'atel Path in TW1 (probably doesn't matter)
-Adda's Curse Lifted in TW1 (probably doesn't matter)
-Aryan Alive
-Iorveth's Path
-Saved girls, Loredo lives (but iirc it's heavily implied he dies later, or runs away into exile?)
-Stennis Alive
-Saskia Alive, but still mind-controlled. Have the quest item dagger (which also means helped keep Iorveth alive when he was on that cart or whatever)
-Saved Triss in Act 3 (all dem Nilfgaardians be dead)
-No Mage blood bath in city afterwards
-Sile Spared
-Letho Spared
-Operator defeated, have his staff
-Completed on Dark, have the dark items (probably doesn't matter)
-Birdman Harpy quest completed (hopefully matters)
-All sidequests completed (it's possible I missed the special armor you get from following the quest you get from the destroyed boat, I can't remember if that was this playthrough or the other one. Probably not important anyway)
-All Trolls spared (I am not a monster, dammit!)

That's all the highlights I can think of. If I failed to mention something important feel free to ask and I can probably remember or load the game up to figure out.

.zip includes two .sav files and their .bmp thumbnails, which I doubt you actually need but threw it in there anyway.

AutoSave_0313.sav is the one you want for import. ManualSave_0312.sav is right outside the door to talk to Letho, so you can load the game up and verify tattoo is there, go through that Letho infodump, or look at inventory/questlog/whatever.

Hope it is of some use to people without save files but who made all the Right Choices. :smug:

Archimago fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 15, 2015

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

turtlecrunch posted:

How is saving someone with plot armor the right choice? When the Saskia DLC comes, you'll be sorry! ...:smith:

Well, without ~metagaming~ you have no idea that Triss is going to be okay if you don't rescue her. Also, unless I have a terrible memory (I do), you do know without metagaming that you need to go to Triss to get the dirt on Nilfgaard or all hell is going to break loose. You may not know a full on mage murderfest is going to happen, but you know that you need to go there to get information. Going in blind, I don't really see how it makes any sense to not save Triss.

Also, even with metagaming, if you save Saskia, all you're doing is making it so one dragon/cutie pie isn't mindcontrolled (when you can still get the dagger to free her when you go to save Triss), and you're sacrificing the lives of all the mages + anyone else caught in the crossfire that happens in the bloodbath that results because you go to save Saskia.

Needs of the many bla bla.

Granted, all the sorceresses are self-serving twats, but think of all the innocent children and innkeepers and men with no pants.

e. Also, with very few minor exceptions to "clean things up" those choices match my first blind playthrough, so it's my "honest" playthrough too. MY IMMERSION.

Archimago fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 15, 2015

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Rukus posted:

For those looking for save games to import, someone on the CDProjekt forums has posted all his save files: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/30709-%28SPOILERS%29The-Witcher-2-Save-Game-Files I think he's removed the tattoo in all of them, but you can double-check by loading up a save from the Act III list.

Yeah, that's in the OP, but The People demand Tattoo Saves as part of The One True Path.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

nessin posted:

Anyone know of a good decision tree of important items from Witcher 2? Thinking of playing through it this weekend to build a save for 3 and figure I'll try and make sure I hit all the high points.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=witcher+2+decision+tree

</passive aggressive posting>

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

It's a weird question because none of us have played it.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I'm pretty sure Comte said he preferred a controller, but even if that's the case, YMMV.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

:cripes:

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

RatHat posted:

Anyone know if Dice Poker is returning in Witcher 3?

It is not, and it won't be missed. Gwent, on the other hand, looks awesome.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Utnayan posted:

Here is where a developer for the company explains why they had to develop for the least common denominator.

http://whatifgaming.com/developer-insider-the-witcher-3-was-downgraded-from-2013-list-of-all-features-taken-out-why

For the record I could care less but had I known this before I would have bought the ps4 version. Instead this developer clearly states why they kept it in the dark which, honestly, who gives a gently caress. Just be honest.

Please keep posting to tell us how much you don't care. :allears:

(Don't.)

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Utnayan,

Can you verify the legitimacy of that whatifgaming article for us? Would be much appreciated and you seem like a man who would know.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Utnayan posted:

The video I posted where the art developer for the company acknowledged it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IU9rlkCOk9E

Dude is clearly making GBS threads his pants when asked. But then remember, about two minutes in, sharp vegetation looks terrible. :suicide:

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Utnayan posted:

You are right. I'm whacked when I expect a very good developer with a great reputation to tell the truth about what was cut from the PC version of the game before it launches.

You're right. CDPR should not have published that trailer in 2013 and then never released another trailer since then after things changed.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I'm gay.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Confirming that I, too, am a shill.

Also, gay.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Daric posted:

Does it really matter how the game looks as long as it's fun?

P.S. Based on all the screens and videos I've seen, the PC version definitely looks better than the PS4.

BE GONE FROM MY SIGHT, YOU FOUL LYING DEMON.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

urea posted:

How can you care so much about barely noticeable graphical differences, but not care at all about literally halving the framerate?

Has to be some kind of troll...

Goddammit don't respond to it. Don't even look at it.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Samurai Sanders posted:

What if someone made a sword that was both silver AND steel? some kind of...alloy sword?

Aren't the witcher silver swords 'silver coated' with a steel core? Or am I crazy? Pretty sure that's how they're made. I don't think a pure silver sword would be very practical.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

First they came for the Tesselation, and I did not speak out—
Because I could live with that.
Then they came for the Ambient Occlusion, and I did not speak out—
Because I own a GTX 360.
Then they came for the Volume Based Translucency, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not entirely sure what was.
Then they came for the polygons—and there was no game left to play.

:rip: Gaming 1972-2015

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

So in TW3 do you guys think Emyhr will be called "The White Flame Dancing on the Barrows of his Enemies" or "The White Flame Dancing on the Graves of his Enemies"?

Personally, I think the former is cooler and more poetic but maybe they'll change it so console simpletons don't have to Google the word barrow?

Thoughts?

e. Typing is hard.

Archimago fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 16, 2015

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

1stGear,

That dude does not deserve your posting. Please stop. For my sake, your sake, and the thread's sake.

Also, the children.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Roshnak posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I put a lot of work into adding back in that sharpen filter that you complained about for 6 pages, and the fact that you didn't even acknowledge it kind of hurts my feelings.

#Justice4Roshnak

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Utnayan posted:

I think it is time we take back these forums.

Riso posted:

My unprofessional opinion: :gas:

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Friendly reminder to anyone thinking of purchasing the game to use my coupon code for $5 off on Steam, GMG, GOG, and all other major retailers: 1MG4Y

It expires midnight tonight so get it fast! Remember, this only works for the PC version.

Archimago fucked around with this message at 09:56 on May 16, 2015

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

thebardyspoon posted:

Right now, it's kinda pissing me off and making me think it wasn't the 360 version that was putting me off. I'll keep playing tomorrow but I'm about to get into the same area I got too on that attempt (swamp area) so we'll see I guess. I already bought Witcher 3 so kinda stuck with it now (don't think refunds are a thing where I got it).

If you're just interested in the story play it on Easy/Normal and you'll blaze right through it.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Someone want to summarize the last two Witcher novels so for me so I don't have to read two large books in three days? TIA

The Witcher Wikia has decent summaries.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Apparently some mom and pop stores in New Jersey broke the release date.

Which makes one reason to leave in New Jersey.

e. Apparently also in a shady neighborhood. Also apparently in Norway too. Or so says Reddit (I don't read Reddit).

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

iuvian posted:

I really hope they patch in higher quality foliage and draw distance that doesn't look like something from Oblivion.

The Witcher 3 PC Ultra 1440p (19) by Philipp Reuther, on Flickr

I would very much like a list of the mods you're using for your Oblivion installation. tia.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

:siren: Did anyone get a screenshot of said tattoo in the wild? :siren:

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

GOTY 2015.

Do you think there's an option to remove it or is it permanent now?

Not that I'd remove it anyway.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Antti posted:

My final W2 save game thumbnail looks like this, am I good to go? (Iorveth path)

I also have one that judging by the thumbnail is right before the Letho fight so I can go get a new one if I have to, but I'd have to download the game all over again.

Yes, it should be an Autosave.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Antti posted:

Yes, so it is! Thanks for the confirmation. I figured the lack of Geralt in the thumbnail was an indicator.

No problem.

In other news, I just learned I have somewhere to be tomorrow at 7PM EST, fortuna hates me. I'll have to wait until like 8-8:30 to play it. WOE IS ME.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

BrassRoots posted:

You don't think the overpowered problem isn't because the monsters don't scale?

I'll probably do my first run on normal because I'm a filthy casual but I think you might have the same problem at all difficulties. Once you are at the halfway point of your power curve then half (???) the mobs in the game will be too easy right?

The key is to balance autistic sidequesting with mainquesting.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

black.lion posted:

How does importing a finished W2 save work? I'm that idiot that made 1M saves when I played through, there are two finished playthroughs in there somewhere but I'd be hard pressed to figure out which saves those are.

Also in Act 2 Roche I turned a corner in the winding rock bit and a troll just threw a rock at me and started attacking me. I had to kill him, and I still feel bad about it. Was there a way to make friends with him?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720352&pagenumber=24#post445442634

It will be an autosave that looks like that thumbnail. Should be the highest number in the series as well. Also, I'm guessing it will only let you import endgame saves

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Airfoil posted:

lol

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that.

Who is Hitler dwarf?

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Anti-Hero posted:

I know this is from the first page, but first off thanks for the save file. It mirrors my first playthrough choices minus letting Sile live. However, when I copy the save files in to my save directory I absolutely cannot seem to have them show up in-game. This may or may not be a problem come tomorrow when TW3 unlocks, but should I be worried?

Is your TW2 a Steam version? If so, are cloud saves enabled? If that's enabled, the directory it looks for saves changes, but I'm not sure to where. Probably somewhere in the steam folder. You could try finding that folder or disabling cloud saves.

I was using mods for that playthrough but only texture ones, iirc. Even if I was using some others, it shouldn't affect the save files at all. I'd wager it's the cloud save thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Anti-Hero posted:

Yes, I'm on the steam version. At one point I used steam cloud, but then disabled it. I found my saves in Steam\userdata\XXXXX\20920\remote but still no luck putting your saves in there and having it show up. Are you on the GoG version?

No, steam. You tried putting them in Documents/WItcher 2/gamesaves, right? Make sure it didn't extract to a sub folder and it's just gamesaves/.sav files?

A random thought I just had...You have to beat the game on Hard to get access to Dark, right? I don't actually remember. It may not be showing up because it's a dark save and you never beat the game on Hard? (Assuming that's the way it works, I don't remember.)

I don't even know what happens if you try to load the final autosave, I've never tried. but the manual save should load.

e. ALso, are you copying the .sav files and the .bmp files? I don't know if that matters, but it might.