Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I don't even vote :beerpal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Branis posted:

Is it a dick thing to say that i'm sick of hearing about this amtrak bullshit? Who rides trains anyway? I don't think i've ever seen a non freight train.

Hobos I guess :shrug:

Crash em all I say, get rid of those drains on society.

What I'm trying to say here people, is bootstraps.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

So. We're both looking for new jobs then: :getin:

Did you get canned? Were you in charge of gyro-copter defense?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

leaving their duty weapon behind after getting serviced.

can't be expected to think clearly after getting your balls drained m8, only thing on the mind is getting out of there.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

Pickup driving suburbanite spotted.
Lives alone in the suburbs, has a 4x4 that seats a family, drove crosscountry once when lost.

Just checking, is it ok with you that I drive a jeep?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

Describe your neighborhood, hobbies, average commute, and climate.

Swamp, swamp, swamp and swamp.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I love the big ol' hog molly in the ten gallon with his AR-15.

He looks exactly like one of our patrol corporals.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Actually I've seen him at the range, he just leans over as far to the left as he can as he draws & reholsters.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Honestly, it won't get that much play cause they were all white racists :nallears:

E: the bikers, not the cops. The cops were probably also white racists but whatev

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

God, Twitter is loving insufferable. HURP DURP WHY ARE THEY ALL SITTING THERE WITH NO HANDCUFFS. UGH WHITE PRIVILEGE.

They probably all chilled out pretty quick when the Texas rangers shot up like, 20 of their bros. that's a whole lotta act right.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Uh yea. You tend to stop loving around when a bunch of cops open up with AR-15's on your pals.

Tell that to your main man Barak The Muslim Shock Obummer before he takes my guns

The MRAP is a high water rescue vehicle, I swear :nsa:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

lmbo. I saw that in the news and immediately ran to Facebook. My nuttier coworkers did not disappoint. If you actually read the thing, he's not stopping the transfer of the main thing PD's want which is rifles. He's stopping tracked armored vehicles (wtf who's using a tracked vehicle for SWAT?) and grenade launchers, which uhh.. you can just get CS gas launchers on the regular market. Meet the old boss, same as the news boss.

Exactly. We actually had a tracked vehicle till about two months ago. It was given to us by a neighboring agency because it was pointless, unwieldy, and difficult to do anything with. It sat in a storage lot for over ten years and we gave it away it another agency because it's still pointless, unwieldy, and difficult to use.

actually, so is the MRAP but to a lesser degree. And they're still gonna give away those lol

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Vehicle pursuit ended in a crash & foot chase today. Hadn't had to opportunity to chase a dude down in quite a while now, :feelsgood:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Uhm everyone knows the police are the biggest gang in America.

*flips leather jacket collar and flicks cigarette butt*

whip irl

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Mike-o posted:

Just let that whole shithole burn to the ground.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

How big of a raise would Branis get if the minimum wage was $15/hr?

poo poo, like 30%

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

At first I was happy about my high salary but then I realized I live in NYC

What's 1200 a month gonna get me in a nice neighborhood up there?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

Whats starting pay like in a good part of louisiana?

Like 17 an hour. I'm at 22 now with 9 years.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

Now the real question is where is a nice part of Louisiana that isn't gonna be underwater in 10 years and also not full of duck dynasty family members.

The cool thing is my house just out of New Orleans will be beach front property by the time I retire. It's an investment bro.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

My kids daycare class has TWO kids names Aiden

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

:eyepop:

Goddamn, you guys, I thought I was underpaid....

Cost of living here is pretty low, but yea :smith:

Edit: between my wife and I we bring home enough to send my kid to private school and build a bigger than average house on a good sized lot in a nice neighborhood, but it helps that we save a lot and waited to have kids till we were almost 30 :shrug:

beanieson fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 24, 2015

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

I hope your kid at least has a proper cajun name at least

T-boy Delacroix

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Mod request: Police Lounce 2.1: Do it, Pussy

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Untagged posted:

So a NOLA (Housing Authority) cop got waxed just sitting in his cruiser yesterday. Beanie any local details? The one article said they just happened to find the vehicle at 7AM. Wondering if status checks are a thing down there, or if not at least the he should have been off duty at 5AM or whatever I wonder where he is check.

That's pretty much what we're hearing too. Status checks aren't really a thing in nola as far as I can tell. I'll update as more info comes out, somebody always knows something and they always talk.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

duh

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Cash on delivery is pretty standard for these transactions.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Comma to the top :nyd:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Mezmerize posted:

Not when you're the new guy and on days simply cause you're training.

lol love it when there's a rookie on shift. "Got a DUI crash with injury, you got this rook?"

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Mezmerize Is the next corporal everybody.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Platoon?
Secure?
HQ?
Parkway?

Who is this wannabe?

Mezmerize posted:

I'm the bitch

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

:ducksiren: MILITARIZATION OF POLICE :ducksiren:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Isn't it Order 66?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Mezmerize posted:

East coast, yes. Trooper? Nope. I have the luxury of working in a town that's only 4.5 square miles big.

So it's you, your dad and the chief?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

He's the East Coast Branis.

We could use an east coast branis.

Mezmerize's dad, circa 1975

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

We had a guy drive up to NYC one shift and bring back pizza. NYC is a four hour drive on a good day. Think about that.

I'm cool with this as long as it was thin crust

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Its NYC u loving pizza newbie idiot, of course its thin crust. Go back to eating crawdads and greens.

Whoa there buddy

Chill out

eat a dick :mad:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

DiGiorno :yum:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

LeoMarr posted:

Have any of you guys personally dropped any transients off at the outskirts of town. Because this seems like an extremely common theme in my county.

also i like pizza in general

I'll speak for every cop here (and everywhere else), yes.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Yea, pretty sure the dude was trying to Buddhist Monk himself but chickened out when the heat was on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

The wonderful thing about New York is that I can get either a fancy rear end bacon apple pizza slice at gentrification prices or a 99 cent basic slice that is large enough to be used as a spinnaker on a racing yacht within one block of each other pretty much 24/7.

"Hey everybody, I'm a white guy with old family money :haw:"

• Locked thread