Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Brilliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Yep, and shamefully it was in England. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsgXWPRbKQE

Wasn't in London though. We would have probably kettled them in that courtroom till they pissed themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSdWaQ7qdg0 Here is the full version if you'd like to really make yourself angry.

What the hell was that. I can only imagine that lots of people will get the jail out that. Or at least I hope that's the case.

Can only imagine that there would be plenty of contempt of courts for that. What a cluster gently caress. Good to see your PCSOs doing tremendous work too...

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

tell a scotsman that glasgow is british and count how many microseconds pass before he glasses you

Half the city won't mind and half will try and kill you.

Call any of us English and you are guaranteed to perish.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

blue pens?

what the gently caress guys

really

100% this. Blue ink is wrong.

Edit: and my pens are the ones we get for free in work. Cheapest of the cheap bic immitation but when they are stolen or used by a dirty person I can either not care or throw them away. Easy!

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Looks like someone pushed the party button.

And more like BTP accidentally stumbled across the incident on their way to another S-graded call at a station 95 miles away

Then they shouted for help from proper police and forgot to stand them down once things had some adults at scene.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

you're on mobile patrol on your own.

what music do you listen to?

Patrol on your own? Please....

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

sorry your highnesses

Rolling in pairs is where it's at. Means someone else can drive and I can guitar solo using the baton with one foot on the dash.

Recent favourite was some powerful queen tracks. Only catch was the bus full of people beside with a tremendous view. No regrets.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Even at it's worst in the UK it wasn't a patch on football violence in Argentina, Turkey or Egypt. Even in the Netherlands they were pipe bombing rival clubhouses.

Football violence, yet another invention we gave to the world that everyone else has adopted and improved on (only kidding, the Romans loved a bit of sport related fan-killing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nika_riots.)

Also Cardiff and Chelsea is bad, Southampton and Portsmouth is worse, Leeds and anyone is also pretty nasty but you've got to look north of the border to Glasgow for the most shirty grief in the UK. Rangers and Celtic loving hate each other and have been chibbing for decades.

I'm sure Chartley can articulate.

Today is the day that one religious half of our city that hates the other half (Protestant) has their simple and retarded 'followers' parade through the streets antagonising the Catholic simpletons.

I'm not saying people who follow those faiths are simpletons, just broadly those that go on antagonistic marches.

Today is the worst day of the year for police. It's going to be wild. Almost as bad as a full on Celtic v Rangers game day.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Branis posted:

Brass in the US like to jerk each other off about interoperability so agencies can help one another is the only reason I can think off.

Ours do that too. My radio would work if I had to work in London and took it there. I could also privately radio Bernard or hezzy which stood in sunny Glasgow.

It is pretty good.

Edit: beaten by Bernard. Humbug. My point still stands

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

We should trade ISSIs and proliferate goon fuckery across the airwaves

I'd imagine the ScotPol channels are basically just people yelling "BRRRREACH AW DA PEESH" over and over again

Sadly I'm off for a couple of weeks now save for courts so you won't hear me on the airwaves.

Glasgow East is where it's at anyway!

Hezzy, it's just a breach or a 'bop' no need to shout the full glorious term!

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Vahakyla posted:

So, a single bobby just goes in the middle of the crowd to hold it off. Is this Bernard?

It starts at 3 mins.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=212&v=zEu_wGa_unY?t=3m3s

Bernard wouldn't have drawn his Baton or needed the line of security guards. He would just have formed a pile of arrested people to be taken to the cells once transport arrived.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Not much you can do in that situation other than twat a few people. Thing is I would have got backup in the Met within about 15 seconds so eeeeeveryone would have gotten nicked, probably for violent disorder as it fit the ticket. That poor bastard did the best he could with not a lot.

Hang on, that WAS the Met. Shameful. Where was TSG and why weren't they loving demolishing that crowd.

Not much you can do in that situation other than twat a few people. Thing is I would have got backup in the Met within about 15 seconds so eeeeeveryone would have gotten nicked, probably for violent disorder as it fit the ticket. That poor bastard did the best he could with not a lot.

Hang on, that WAS the Met. Shameful. Where was TSG and why weren't they loving demolishing that crowd.

The cop seemed very restrained. Can only ever guess how I'd respond but can only guess there would have been more fend offs and, if the baton was drawn, some swinging of it to clear a space.

Then again, what was he risking his personal safety and also job through use of force protecting, a private event that appears to have failed to secure itself properly? Seems like their problem and more of a civil matter...

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Problem is down here, a situation like that can very quickly escalate to the point where you have a riot inside the event. Apparently that's held in Finsbury Park so plenty of gang nominals about. Often when you see a nightclub or festival get rushed only half the people want in for a good time, the other half want to stick someone.

Personally I'd have probably popped the gas out and given everyone some good news. Less paperwork than a baton and the CS lingers in the air for a while so no one is going to approach the gate. Getting your stick out on your own when there is a crowd is pretty gutsy as you are just as likely to have it snatched and used on you. Anyone who says they would start kung fu fighting or cuffing people in a situation like that are stupid or lying.

Totally see what you mean about their intentions and reasons for stopping them.

Cs seems like the perfect option force wise then turn to the old faithful metal stick. I'm not for a second questioning the dude in the video. He took the correct, bold and brave option which worked out just grand. Hats off to him.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Dead Reckoning posted:

Wait, is there really a crime called Affray in the United Kingdom?

There is in England and Wales. In Scotland for what I think affray is, a standup fight between people would be covered by my old favourite, breach of the peace. (Yes Hezzy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

BRRRRECH OAE DAE PEESH

We had Scottish officers down because Hearts were playing. I tried to get them to say it as many times as possible, I love it. We also had officers from London and I had to translate

You haven't heard the phrase til you've worked with cops from my area. We are stereotyped as loving the legislation. That's a touch unfair but it fixes every situation!

Care to comment - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3166428/British-Transport-Police-park-double-yellow-lines-Mr-Whippy-ice-cream.html silly sausages!

• Locked thread