Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Im ready im so gonna do this and not give up filled with apathy this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah my first and only run that I didnt finish I wanted added challenge so I added natural to a normal run, its really bad and I am not going to be picking it this time.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Im not gonna do it until it officially opens because I plan on doing a chaos.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
ehhh screw it , I'm sure we will find out what it is exactly very shortly.

:getin:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Holidae posted:

Let's say I've only ever earnestly played this game once and didnt even get halfway. How hosed would I be participating in this? I've already registered and I fully intend to play. I just wanna know what kind of beating I'm in for.

well I've only attempted it once in 2014 (maybe 2013 I don't remember) and that was a regular natural run, I failed to complete the run due to apathy and real life interfering.

Im trying again this year with chaos and berserker risk so I'd say screw it, jump in , the worst that can happen is you don't finish a run.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

My new Fiesta start save is now ready.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Poque posted:

noooo the reason classic is garbage is because it is natural.

Yeah you were better off with classic if you were gonna do natural.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
My only prep was to , for some reason I can't fathom why I thought this would be a good idea, I got myself psyched up for actually finishing my run this year by playing final fantasy 1 - 4 and playing all the versions of those that had secret dungeons and extra content so I could really just hate myself.

I just finished the lunar ruins in 4 on gba last night and I'm considering just playing through 5 normally and seeing how far I can get in the series before the 22nd...

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
First job, Chaos zerkrisk = Red Mage.

Never used one in any game of ffv, fiesta or no fiesta.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I just got my water job in my chaos zerkrisk run

so far

Red Mage and Berserker.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tybolt posted:

Praise RNG! Who the gently caress is this guy anyway? Magissa's boyfriend? Summon?

I was in the same position, having freelancers until water, I just broke the frost rod from carwen on magissa and killed her in one shot.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Lilli posted:

I just autoattacked the pair to death with my freelancers :v:.

Siren was such a pain in the butt I didn't even wanna mess with her.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tybolt posted:

I was worried I'd need the rod later so I save scummed a few times until Magissa didn't use drain which was like a one-hit kill on anyone she touched and just barely made it through. Now I'm enduring Y Burns and then I can finally get some jobs going after dealing with Garuda.

Garuda was a joke after getting the drake because you can go to tycoon and get all those weapons from the basement, freelancers can equip them so I had a samurai sword and a bell and whatever else was down there and just powered through the water tower.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

dis astranagant posted:

The whip is the best thing there.

Yeah , the whip from Magissa, the bell, and the sword together killed Garuda in one round

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok Final chaos roll Red Mage/Berserker/Bard/Berserker

Since I got Zerker twice does that mean I have to have two zerkers at all times?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm seeing everyone saying bard is good but I'm having some troubles as mine is somewhat useless, I'm in the Ronkan ruins right now my team is Zerk/RedMage/Zerk/Bard

The Zerks are strong enough for now and hit hard with their death sickles, My RM has pretty much been acting as a white mage for the most part keeping me alive I have romeo's ballad, alluring air, and mighty march and have played all world 1 Pianos.

Any suggestions on my bard pulling a little more weight?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Edward_Tohr posted:

Bard is a late bloomer. Really, your best bet right now is to slap !Red on the Bard, and Equip Harps on the Red Mage. That'll let Bard do something in boss fights, and give the RM a bit more magical oomph.

Thanks! That makes sense.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I learned today that if you hit something with a death sickle, and they have reflect up, it will bounce the death proc back to your own party....

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I've got Zerk/Zerk/RM/Bard

What sealed weapon should I nab for my Red Mage?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

A_Raving_Loon posted:

For most purposes Red would rather have an Enhancer/Enchanter, which you get for free in Istory Falls and The Void. They can make use of assasin dagger, Magus Rod, and Sage Staff.

Yeah Ill grab the istory stuff I just got the sage staff for free raises for now because the only other sealed stuff I needed was the harp and the rune axe.
I'm thinking I'll grab the wonder wand too.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah i have bard as one of my jobs and having two people with sing is great for hero rime/swift song combos.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

FARTZ FOR THE FARTZ GOD

Got him on the 10th try.

Copius amounts of magic lamp plus hero rime and well equipped zerks grinded to level 64.

My first fiesta completion!

Krile got frogstoned very early on and I failed to bring enough needles and kisses :bahgawd:

Onto my second run!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Do you have to do anything special to complete your run after your victory tweet or can you just reg for your next run?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kyrosiris posted:

Need to wait until that run has a gold star in place. Otherwise, nope, just register like normal.

Ok thanks.

Started my second run, trying 750 this time, first job white mage.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Looks like the second run is going to be an easier time.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So this will be the first time I have used a Dancer, is there any way to get the tiara for the sword dance increase outside of stealing? Because no thief :(

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kyrosiris posted:

You can buy it in World 3, but by the time you can do that, you can just go to Phoenix Tower and Thief's Knife yourself a Rainbow Dress, which has the same effect.

So, sadly, no Sword Dance Up until world 3 after the Pyramid. :(

Hmm, I'm struggling to find a good use for the dancer since my damage is covered by my summoners and I have a white mage for heals and such, I suppose later in the game once I have all the endgame stuff I can pop the dancer in the front row and bard him up with hero rime.

Any suggestions?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kyrosiris posted:

Could just make them another platform for !White or !Summon. There's never a bad time for more Titans/Syldras. Dancer can even wear Gaia Gear/wield Air Daggers. :v:

Yep thats what i'll have to do then.

Lilli posted:

I'd probably do sing personally just because it gives your white mage and summoner the ability to drop even heftier nukes faster. Especially during NED where a handful of turns from swift song and hero's rime will make it so your white mage and summoner can wipe neo-exdeath out with syldra before he does anything dangerous.

Good idea too.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Arrrthritis posted:

god loving drat it Gilgabot why do you do this to me

I wanted all fire jobs :(

That seems like a party that is going to totally wreck the game's face.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I've run into a situation where I've blazed through the crystals and am right at the beginning of going to world two so I dont have galuf in party but I'm underlevelled and titan is wrecking my face.

If I grind now I'm going to have to grind again in world two so galuf can catch up.

Dangit, I was hoping this run wouldnt take long.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Poque posted:

What's your situation? If you have a way to confuse enemies, you can confuse some birds somewhere to cast float on you. North Mountain maybe?

I hope I'm not thinking of Drakenvale in prep for the seal guardians but I don't think I am.

EDIT: Found it! I had the same problem last year. If you have !Dance you can confuse the flying cats at North Mountain into casting Float on you.

Sweet, thatll help! I have white mages so I can just cast confuse.

I still need to grind a little though when I get galuf back because level 13 is probably too low for coming into world 2.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

hubris.height posted:

i uhm..

i guess i need to go grind some gil!

is it cheating to use a class just to teleport out of a dungeon?

I would say that goes against the spirit of suffering that the fiesta is all about.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Whats the drop rate for reflect rings from the knights in the barrier tower?

Because I've been fighting them for an hour with no drops :shepicide:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kyrosiris posted:

Every non-guaranteed drop is 1/16.

:sigh: Cmon knights drop em! My first run I got two within 5 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Natalya Fartz posted:

Why farm them when I can just cast Carbuncle in a fight? I'm not a smart man.

Yeah I guess I could just wait for carbuncle since I'm already at the barrier tower.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
And of course now after like two hours all four rings dropped within 5 minutes of each other.

Time for a break.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Isn't carbuncle supposed to be susceptible to catoblepas?

It isn't working for some reason and I'm on the GBA version.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig posted:

Isn't carbuncle supposed to be susceptible to catoblepas?

It isn't working for some reason and I'm on the GBA version.

Nevermind as soon as I finished typing that it worked the next turn.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah Bal castle basement is great in world two, I spent a few hours there yesterday to max all my jobs out for this run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Im in world 3 just getting into fork tower and i'm level 32, none of my guys have over 1k hp yet.

I'm gonna have to grind like a bitch to survive some of the later bosses arent I?

Dancer/Summoner/Bard/WHM

• Locked thread