Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Hello anime thread, how is your summer going so far?

I remembered that my crunchy roll account can be used for more than just Jojo.

Durarara! is interesting, though I dunno if I care about it yet. I think the dub is a little irritating.

Hunter x Hunter won me over immediately, but it also makes me want to go back and watch Yu Yu Hakusho. I wonder if I'd still like it today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

One time when I went to Busch Gardens in Virginia, there was this kid who was just sort of peeing out in the open. This was in the dinosaur area. It was raining really hard, so I thought he was just draining the water from his pants.

I hope you liked that story.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I am now installing Splatoon

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I have an inkling it'll be real good.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I wish it was out now instead of in a couple hours.
Yeah. I really want to squid into it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Splatoon might be game of the year

it is fresh

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Told myself I wasn't going to get Splatoon because I never play online games for more than a couple of hours without getting bored but you guys are making it hard.
do it
I'm not squiding you

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

also if anyone wants to add me, my ID is ButtGhostSA

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

This is my steam

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

TitS is also a good game

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Between Killua and Kurapika, I can't tell which one is supposed to be edgier.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

hisoka needs jesus

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

does HXH 2011 have an original ending, since the manga has been on haitus for about two and a half years?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I initially thought the screamo ED in Hunter X Hunter didn't really fit with the rest of the show, but now that Illumi showed up and Killua is getting edgier than ever, I'm starting to get it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I feel kind of bad that Leorio has yet to fight, or at least win, a battle on his own. Just as he's about to finally fight a dude one-on-one, Killua goes EdgeMaster420 and steals his kill.

What can Leorio even do, aside from feel people up?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Aparrently the author of Hunter X Hunter intended to stop going on hiatuses so the anime wouldn't catch up to the manga.

Welp.

In other news, I watched some YuYu Hakusho, which I haven't seen for years. It feels just like Diamond Is Unbreakable, and that is good.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Also wow, I don't remember the first episode of YYH being this sad. I'm sorry, Kuwabara. :(

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

this is why you can't really blame people for seeing a lot where only a bit exists. as a lesbian, i like stories about lesbians. sometimes stories that aren't explicitly about lesbianism have enough ambiguity in a specific relationship that i read it that way, because it makes the show more enjoyable for me, and it's not like there are a whole lot of anime for me to turn to when i want explicitly lesbian stories. this isn't a requirement for me to enjoy something but i'd be lying if i said i didn't see it as a plus.
It's weird for me seeing you refer to yourself as a lesbian because in me head I always just imagined you were Doom Guy irl.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

sometimes japan has the most boring fetishes
sweaters with boob-windows was a good venture

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

there was a persona 4 one
Persona 3 is on its third stage play

Also there was a separate Persona 4 musical, I think

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Was Nen in Hunter X Hunter thought up after the series began? It's weird that it took nearly 30 episodes to introduce it in the anime, and now the show feels a little different to how it started.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

That seems fair. And I guess some instances where Gon apparently was using it without knowing could have been legit foreshadowing.

Oh gee, I wonder if Hisoka is really gonna make it out of thi-

"Hunter x Hunter Episode 32 – A X Surprising X Win"

Oh, uh, alright then.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yeah, I was kinda getting into Hunter X Hunter last night so Fate Zero is gonna have to wait. I'll give it a shot later though.

littleorv posted:

Also I'm going to add Hunter X Hunter to my backlog.
I've been watching it and I really like it so far. I'm over thirty episodes end, but it doesn't feel that long at all. Also it has good music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYRaZ7Y1yCw

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 4, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

gee, Gon and Killua are starting to get a bit gay there

I guess I now know why it's called "Hunter X Hunter"

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Might fit better cropped.

this is like a doujin I read once

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

That extra line of detail they added to Kurapika's mouth is weird. I wonder why they did that.

Also when did he become cool as poo poo?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I am Kuwabara's wife.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Smoking Crow posted:

I watched Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei for the first time

It's just great. I love it and everyone who loves it
I went into Sayanara Zetsunou Sensei after seeing the first OP thinking it was a totally different kind of anime.

Little did I know...

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Trip Report:

Hunter X Hunter continues to be the raddest Boy Love series I've watched

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

How come WWE hasn't gone to someone like Mad House or Bones to make a Wrestlemania anime.

Studio David could probably do WWE a lot of justice.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

They should have called Castlevania: Judgement "Wrestlevania"

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

imo making a mother 4 completely misses the point of mother 3 and also why the dude doesn't wanna make a mother 4

it's okay for stuff to just... end, sometimes. The world doesn't need a mother 4. If Earthbound/Mother 3 inspired you to make a game, awesome! But why not just make your own thing instead of clinging to the thing you love's coattails?

I have some problems with LISA but that game is a good example of something obviously inspired by earthbound while also being completely its own thing.
I think the developers said that if they get a cease and desist, they'll retool the game to be its own thing or something. I wouldn't mind it being relabeled, since if something is a fan game, the experience is just cheapened for me somewhat. Then again, I don't think a different brand name could redeem Mighty No. 9 for me.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

How the gently caress are you supposed to play a racing game on phones?

Especially one-handed?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

China remembers the Devil May Cry anime?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Why are Gon and Killua in blackface?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Okay, Kurapika is some overpowered bullshit. Mastering every Nen when in Edge Mode is kind of ridiculous. He seems like he should be the protagonist of another shonen altogether.

Also, wow, HXH is a lot darker than how it started. I guess I understand the "Rated R/NC17."

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 10, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Whaaa?

Last episode I saw was when Killua's family executed the little black girl for letting them pass. :stare:
The series is labeled as Rated R/NC17 on MyAnimeList. Apparently it's also under Jump's T+ line in the US. If you don't mind spoilers

The black girl was only knocked out, and the dad eventually let Killua leave, scheming for him to come back some day. Then Gon and Killua have some fun time adventures in a tournament and stuff, but now the Phantom Troupe is here and people are dying left and right. They slaughter an entire room of people with Machine Gun Hands Kung Fu Magic, then someone else absorbs the blood and corpses with their demon vacuum. Things are getting pretty brutal, and Kurapika isn't taking poo poo.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 10, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

track day bro! posted:

can someione tell me if hutner x hunter is ever going to resume, thanks

regards
a fat smelly retard who everyone calls a fat retarded homo
I think it's currently on an indefinite hiatus. Dude's back problems are crippling, and he refuses to hire assistants to draw the manga for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

littleorv posted:

Hmmmmmm

Edit: holy poo poo that was a lot of replies.
The girl in the middle is pretty cute.

• Locked thread