Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Condiv posted:

pizza having mozzarella is not a sure thing in the west either. Like in France, I'm p sure they use emmental unless you're going to an actual Italian restaurant. Germans also use their own cheese iirc (been a long time since I had German pizza, but it sucks)

I have never seen an emmental pizza in France, but most of my experience has been on the south coast. Maybe it's something in the north?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Amaryllis posted:

At first I thought the criticism was, say, "it would have been interesting to have her show up again and it feels like a waste that she didn't," but nope, dude just thought that story was pointless. An objectively bad jojopinion.

I missed this but my issue was that the baby was used as a plot device that was "resolved" by fishing it out of a lake and then ignoring it for the rest of the story apart from a footnote at the end.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Josuke Higashikata posted:

People also explained, in their opinions, at least three times over several occasions what the actual arc was and you continued to ignore their input yet still insist this.

The Joseph/Josuke relationship subplot is not an excuse to ignore resolving the Shizuka storyline which is the driving force of the chapter. Just because a character has served its thematic purpose doesn't mean you can abandon the current storyline half way through.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
They'd better not forget the stray cat diagram.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Doc V posted:

-Warner Bros. is supposedly starting shoots for the live action Jojo movie in September, but it's based on DiU rather than SDC as previously rumored
-Kento Yamazaki is playing Josuke, Takayuki Yamada is Kira and Nana Komatsu is Yukako
-They originally wanted to do a part 3 adaptation starring Jun Matsumoto as Jotaro, but it got vetoed by Araki because Matsumoto was too short
-Jotaro may get cut from the DiU movie because they still can't find anyone tall enough to play him
-Even though DiU takes place in Japan, they plan to shoot the exterior scenes overseas and throw in a bunch of CG for good measure because actual Japan doesn't look enough like Morioh
-Because the overseas shoots cost so much, they're cutting out a bunch of characters and making changes to the story to balance the budget
-All of the above is still "insider info" and not actually confirmed

Sounds awful, can't wait.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

The former, at least. We don't see Heaven's Door proper right away, do we? I wonder if that'll stay the same since it's not quite like Koichi.

I'm wondering how this next episode will be paced since I think it's a shorter story so either they add something to it or maybe Rohan shows up early?

They can use the extra time to add an ending. :nsa:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Bad Seafood posted:

Filler has become useless as a category of criticism. People argue over what it means, frequently misapply it, and typically invoke it to spread the stigma that all content which doesn't measurably and observably advance the plot in a material fashion is "Bad."

If you think the only episodes of Cowboy Bebop that matter are the ones where Spike faces off against Vicious, you don't understand Cowboy Bebop.

I think Cowboy Bebop could have done with one or two more Vicious or Julia episodes. As it is the finale fell a bit flat to me, felt more like an afterthought.

I get what they were going for where Spike going after them was sort of stupid and pointless but they made it out that it was going to be a big deal and a problem for them that Vicious was taking over the Syndicate so it was sending mixed messages.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Goldaline posted:

Speaking of Killer Queen and costumes, here's a weird question: do you think Killer Queen has fur, or is just smooth pink skin?

To make this question sound slightly less like a sex thing, I'm making a Killer Queen backpack (like those teddy bear backpacks from the 90's) to go with a JoJolion Kira costume, and I can't decide whether to use furry fabric or not.

Also, KingofSprings, it would be great if you printed limbs separately and jointed them together with brads like those Halloween skeleton decorations.

It gives the strong impression of having a metallic finish based on how the highlights are drawn.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Given how the guy in the flashback was drawn identically to Josuke, the most likely scenario is it was intended for Josuke to go back in time but it was a dropped plot point. See also all the other dropped plotpoints throughout JJBA because Araki changed his mind before he got to the end.

It's not surprising that people expect it to be Josuke if you go by Chekhov's Gun.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I have a bunch of words I want to tack onto what amaryllis said because I literally write a serialized thing for a living so there's an element of the flashback argument that is especially grating, but I'm lazy so I'll probably forget to do so once I'm back on a computer again.

Ultimately don't you think Tomoko would notice more if the boy looked familiar, given the fact that josuke most certainly looks like his father and grandfather in many respects

Not really, since she stayed in the car and probably wasn't paying much attention to whether the 16 year old helping her had a passing resemblance to a 60 year old white guy she banged 5 years ago given her son was dying.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Moltrey posted:

Well, I'm like 85% sure they've posted in here before so take it up with them.

It's prob because Kira is a more fleshed out character and probably has a mental illness while Hazamada remains very one dimensional and lame, but I find Kira to be a much more sympathetic and "cool" for lack of a better word, I am actually rooting for Kira at multiple points, while Hazamada is just lovely and sucks.

Hazamada lacks any Charisma

Also he's not attractive.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
In an ideal world Araki wouldn't draw the guy identically to Josuke so it wasn't so ambiguous.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's going to be really weird when both Shigechi and Aya are introduced then immediately killed off in the next episode. Even weirder than the manga where at leas their introductory arc was spread out over several parts.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The thing to remember is that the average Jojo fan is like 16 years old, so don't take what they have to say to heart.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

There's some guy on Tumblr who does machining for cosplay (hol's gun, mikitaka's uhh what do you call his flair, etc) and I'm terrified to ask about his commission prices for something like that.

Just get this.

https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Game-Collection-Boules-Storage/dp/B00J39XB46/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469709786&sr=8-1&keywords=boules

Have a look round for a pattern you like.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

davidHalestorm posted:

Capcom really likes Jojo, eh? It's not enough that they have three street fighter characters based on Jojo :v:

Also, I found this link on reddit,

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3nti7n_ametalkjojo_fun

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3nu5zm_ametalkjojo-part-2-2_fun

A bunch of Japanese comedians in a talk show discussing Jojo, from 2012, if I am not mistaken

Cool they made a show about awkwardly telling your friends about stuff you are into and them not really feeling it.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Going off anime thread, i always thought that introducing two characters immediately before they are killed off was really sloppy from a pacing perspective, but if they move Cinderella to next week then that means quiet life and SHA are right next to each other which seems to ruin the pacing even more. If they are going to move stuff around they should have moved some filler arcs to space it out a bit, like moving Ratt later or moving Harvest and Cinderella earlier.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So I was going to brush my teeth and I picked up my toothbrush when I started looking for the toothpaste but there wasn't any out, I find that kinda suspicious but open up a box anyway and when i'm about to put some on my toothbrush it turns out i'm actually holding the half-empty toothpaste and my toothbrush was with the other brushes. Is an Enemy Stand attacking me? or is my own stand starting to manifest??

You probably have a carbon monoxide leak.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

no they will not posted:

it's going to kick rear end when they animate josuke punching that motorcycle over that baby

Knowing David it will just be a pan over a still frame that recreates a panel from the manga.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Kira gets his hand out in public an awful lot for someone who is allegedly super careful about not being caught.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I want to see how David interprets King Crimson now after seeing how badly they hosed up Killer Queen's face.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If you're going to call Killer Queen contrived at least wait until it gets the ability to blow up anyone who a small child talks to and reset time and store a cat flower in its chest.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Why is it at 3 fps? Does Japan not have software that can pan across images smoothly?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's probably because they're too scared to pirate anything so they don't have video editing software. I'm looking forward to them animating that Kawajiri dick slip scene though.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Moltrey posted:

i mean, it's technically jonathan's whole scene down there, so idk why we call him DIO's kid

He is blond and says muda lots.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Giogio is more boring than even Jotaro and the whole premise of the arc is also boring. The ending is a nonsensical mess that has no clear theme. The bit with the mold stand near the end is cool though.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I've been told that Narancia is a boy but i still see him as a girl.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Tonfa posted:

I've read Vento up to where the good scans are for now and Giorno's ability has the broadest application of any stand in the series which turns reading fights into "well Gio is gonna do some bullshit so it's ok"

- Can transform anything freely between inorganic matter, living things and body parts. Sometimes these reflect damge
- Can directly punch life into someone, loving up their sensory reception if he wants to

It never feels really interesting like applications for Crazy Diamond or Stone Free either so I'm not really high on this part so far. Supporting cast is pretty good but seems like they always need Gio for the bail out.

Let me tell you about Soft & Wet.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Pretty sure the ASB models have been ripped at this point so you should probably use them for your DIO dance vids in the future.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Some MMD models are legit better than ASB ones. The ASB ones aren't especially good looking anyway, but slap them in Garry's Mod and similar and the lighting is bad times

Also lol at the Araki JoJoveller comments for Achtung Baby directly confirming his intention with CJ's favourite stand

Well if you're using them in the Source engine that comes down to how good the guy who ported it was at the material properties to make it look not poo poo and how good the video maker was at lighting (if they were using Gmod the answer is bad). They are definitely better quality than that MEMEME video though.

Also what did it say about the baby?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

ACHTUNG BABY
I made this one to draw a story about Joseph and Josuke, and that's all there is to this Stand. It's a Stand that turns things invisible, so is its physical form invisible as well, or does it just not have one?

What a revelation. Still doesn't excuse poor execution.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
You can only do it on dead people because living people project an AT-field which prevents other stands from penetrating them.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

In the OP, when the symbols make the '1999', I see Atom Heart Father, Enigma, Highway Star, and a fourth. Is that Stray Cat, Cheap Trick, or Superfly?

It's the hole in RPS kid's cheek with his arm making scissors.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
They remind me of stand users from later parts like Mrs Robinson.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Johnny Joestar posted:

grateful dead, metallica and white album immediately come to mind and i don't particularly feel the need to list more, so, ???

White Album is the ice guy? I stopped reading part 5 for a few months half way through that because i could only take so many panels of "Ahh! The ice is coming in the car!"

Grateful Dead was ok i guess.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I forget, why did Jotaro send a 15 year old dwarf to Italy instead of going himself?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Moltrey posted:

I feel the need

Oasis and Green Day are cool. Mista shoots bullets at a helicopter and Giorno turns them into vines to bring it down and then Giorno Muda Mudas a guy for literally six pages into like a trash compactor

I'm a fan of Soft Machine cause it's wild af for the first real Part 5 enemy fight

Man In The Mirror is cool top

Part 5 is kinda rad imo

Yeah Oasis and Green Day are amazing and had me really into Giorno for the first time by the end of it. Then it was immediately ruined by the Requiem poo poo.

Main in the Mirror felt like a retread of Hanged Man to me.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is Jotaro's wife italian? (I skipped part 6 after part 5 was so bad)

Everyone in JoJo is italian.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

CrashScreen posted:

I believe she's half Italian and half Japanese?

Even better. Did Araki marry an Italian IRL? If not he probably should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Yeah, to be clear it's not that i thought Grateful Dead and stuff were bad, it's just that i didn't really give a poo poo about any of the characters or what was happening so in turn i didn't care about the fights. Green Day made me like Giorno by the end of it and it was a really good fight so it was the only part that stands out as memorable to me.