Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Zeruel posted:

Dear JoJo animators,
Please include alt universe Foo in Irene's hitchhiker's pickup scene.
TIA

She's already there though. In the raindrops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Just finished part 5 and that means, other than the Rohan stuff, I'm all caught up on the jojos. Thanks for all the excellent translations, Dan!

Beelerzebub posted:

Maybe I have no taste, maybe it's Maybelline. Snakeskin is just ugly in my opinion.

He's wearing snakeskin to taunt Whitesnake, obviously.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad I didn't read it before the good translation was done. Those of you who did, what are the dumbest mistakes in the old version? I already know about the Venice -> Vienna stuff. I'm baffled how someone can gently caress up that badly. There are panels showing the group moving from one Italian city to another. How does Vienna even enter the picture? :psyduck:

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Nina posted:

Did anyone post the part 5 classic yet

Haha, drat. I'm starting to think they just couldn't recognize proper nouns.

Also, the way that panel's cut off makes Gio's hair look like rampaging pubes.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Moltrey posted:

neat! i really hope it's less of a boring grind than the first one, I felt bad that I could never make that far in it.

also people who say the oil tanker is better than the road roller because the oil tanker explodes are a buncha DumbAsses

I just used cheat engine to give everyone a level or two at every new location. Worked out well enough, without making things too easy.

The rng bullshit was still annoying as gently caress.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Alternate reality part 3 where Jotaro gets sick and Holly takes his place.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Say, why does he stay in the turtle at the end anyway? Gio could go back into his own empty body, so why can't Polnareff? Gio could even make him new legs!

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

So hey what would happen if Jotaro stopped time while Diavolo was skipping it?

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Jolyne owns

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

C-moon was cool but what I'm confused about is that the green baby was a person who had his own stand, but then he became a stand himself? How does that even work? Where did his stand go?

grieving for Gandalf posted:

and then IMMEDIATELY hoot and holler when alternative timeline Diego with The World shows up!!!

That was one of my favourite moments in all of Jojo. It really caught me off guard.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

It gets pretty stupid. Then again, it's not called Jojo's Sensible Adventure.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

multijoe posted:

If only he could have turned Jotaro's harpoon into a hummingbird and flown it up Pucci's rear end... If only...

Plot twist: Emporio killing Pucci didn't actually do poo poo, Gio just got bored of the new universe after five minutes and reset everything with his stand.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

eating your own fingers will be a lot more complicated if it's a hook hand

eating your fingers is the reason you have a hook hand to begin with

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

The pillar men would become the major antagonists then, except Jonathan might be around to fill in a role similar to Joseph's from part 3

Except Jonathan would have no reason to learn hamon without vampire Dio. The Zeppelis would become the protagonists.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Joshu is basically Dio but without the charisma and competence.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

I wonder if Rohan would like part 8 Josuke any more than part 4 Josuke.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

I thought Holly's condition was due to the family curse.

And speaking of family, I wonder how Josefumi ties into the Joestar bloodline. He had a birthmark too, right?

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

But if the virus can affect it then UG can just make more to make a big hole and escape.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Condiv posted:

since when have characters names had any bearing on what the character was? kars was not lightning mcqueen for example

He could have been if he wanted to.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Olive! posted:

I might be getting a temporary avatar for this month, what are some of the spookiest panels from part 6 for halloween?

I've skimmed through the chapters for Marilyn Manson, Limp Bizkit Flaccid Pancake, and Survivor.

People getting turned into snails.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Already happened:

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Moltrey posted:

you can tell Poor Tom isn't the main villain because he's ugly as sin

my part 8 wish is for holly to be healed and then her and caato have a fight with the stands they've both teased to have with josuke vs jobin in the background

please give me mom and son fights

What kind of stand was Holly hinted to have? I don't remember.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

yeah actually they will posted:

how can bubble be made of cord if bubble has seam

Josuke's bubbles aren't actually made of strings, it was just some hair from when he was shaving that morning.

Olive! posted:

I also don't know how the fruit is supposed to make her better. Is someone going to equivalent exchange over the parts of their brain that she has holes in?

I don't even know what the fruit did to Josefumi/Kira. The ground could mix up the lemon and the tangerine on its own.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Ok I have a theory: you know how Yasuho gave Josuke his name because he kinda looked like a dog she used to have? What if she buried the dog near the lone pine and the dead dog took part in the equivalent exchange with Josefumi and Kira? That's why Josuke looks like the dog. The dog itself came back to life and became that weird dog that we see before the first rock guy is introduced. It is also the cause of the bite marks.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

who took the picture tho

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

It was one their stands.

thats actually a pretty sensible answer and i didnt even think of that

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I saw it all as hallucinations. The clip's essentially capitalising on her worst fears to drive her to suicide.

She wants to be cute for her dad so she's seeing severe dandruff.
She doesn't want to be unpopular so she realises she messed up about the birthday and then suddenly she gets 35 texts saying she's a total prick. There's probably significance to them being mostly the same too... maybe
She's scared her mom is trying to keep her away from her dad, so then her dad, who's suggested to be loving, suddenly wants to abandon her for a new family and child.

It's mentioned that it takes away, so it's taking everything she valued and Holly mentions finding something she's looking for?

That's my take on it but I agree that it's real clumsily written and
~~~~~~~~~uuuuuuuuuu~~~~~~~~~~~ translations don't help.

That was my take on things as well.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

are rock humans weak against water? maybe the water just made it chill out temporarily

According to pokemon rules, yes.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

As far as funny Jojo pages go, Joshu's Sausage Statistics is right up there with Doppio's phone call on the plane and That poo poo Ain't Disney.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Couldn't Josuke just punch his underwear to make it clean again tho?

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Look, if there's no gay priest, I don't care.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

This part has so many automatic stands.

Olive! posted:

Finally we see Speed King's true power: Driving a car.

I thought Speed King was kind of an ill-fitting name but I was so wrong. Clearly Araki thinks things through years ahead.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Jobin IRL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKbU8B-QVZk

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

DIO: Power Bottom

Pucci: Bottom

Not sure how this works out for them.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

I hope they have the slingshot guy from Speedwagon's gang.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm dying to see the hopefully inevitable All The King Stands team up.

Can't wait for Diavolo to show up from nowhere.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

I really expected Iron Maiden to be the stand of a Jojo. I mean there's a theme going starting with Jotaro where the stand names have a material in them. Then Johnny fucks it up.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

I meant to say mineral.

Either way Iron Maiden is very good name for a stand.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

I'm surprised by all this Arby's talk. I thought everyone in this thread was a Cracker Barrel boy.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Same, but also for part 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

but no i actually disagree and I think Josuke and Joseph's relationship is actually pretty cool. It feeling underdeveloped is probably because it is, they only see each for one summer of their lives, but it's arc is so good.

Josuke initially wanting nothing at all to do with Joseph, not even taking his FREE money is really interesting for a Shounen Father/Son dynamic, especially so in a generational story like JoJo. But Joseph is forced to enter the story anyway, and Josuke understands this and accepts it reticently, but now he has to take care of his almost invalid father he's never met and he's short, rude and impatient with him because of course he absolutely would be, this situation loving sucks for him. But Joseph's selfless sacrifice and sincerety turns him somewhat around. Josuke becomes willing to spend time with him, while still keeping him from arms length, not letting him ever meeting Tomoko which speaks to Josuke's emotional intelligence, doing that would only be bad for everyone.

As they depart, he's come to understand and respect Joseph, but things are always going to be kind of weird. Their relationship isn't a heartbreaking departure, but Josuke extorting him for his whole wallet. They missed their chance to be a cool family, which is a bummer because they would've gotten along great if things were different, but this is about as close as they'll get all things considering. It's a really different look at Shonen Protagonists And Their Dads, both then and especially now considering things like Boruto and My Hero Academia looking at father figures

Yeah, it's a good story arc. I just wanted to see some more of the two of them interacting. Or even better, the three Jojos doing something together.

The one thing that really bothered me about Joseph in part 4 though was that he came to Morioh specifically to find a bad guy, then the second half of the story is about finding a bad guy but he does nothing.