Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I'm really looking forward to babies next week. That arc is too good. I need to get back to reading, though. One day, I too will have to wait an eternity between chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Let's just cut to the chase and say we're looking forward to all of Rohan. Including him exploding.

I finished Vento Aureo the other day, and yep those were some bad scans, alright.

I didn't expect Bruno to go from first minor antagonist to my outright favorite character in part 5. It probably helps that he stopped smiling after his introduction, and the licking thing never comes up again. Makes him far less creepy.

The scans made it difficult to follow what was going on in action scenes towards the end, so I'm hoping the new translation will make things clearer for me. I didn't really like how the Diavolo fight ended as it is. Something's bother me about it, but I can't put it into words.

I was happy to see Polnareff again. Even if he got the poo poo end of the stick.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Of all the various Stands I've seen so far, the one that is activated by attempted suicide is peak dark comedy to me.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Jolyne just relieved herself while floating and in a cloud created by Weather Report. I don't often say this, but what the poo poo, Araki?

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I just got the pleasure of meeting Flaccid Pancake, heh.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Bohemian Rhapsody... I have no words about this arc. It's beautiful, and I think I can't wait until Stone Ocean gets animated.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Just finished Stone Ocean, and... holy poo poo. Even having the main points spoiled in this thread, I was not ready to actually read it happen. Stone Ocean is good and hosed up and I love all of it, except Pucci.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Moltrey posted:

Remember when Jolyne strangles her lawyer with her string as he's driving away from the prison causing him to crash his car and die all the while she remains in prison?

this was when i knew jolyne would be a great jojo, and she didnt disappoint. even in the face of death, she didnt back down.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I wonder if the episode will show Josuke restoring the couple in the fridge. If I remember correctly, in the manga he says something like "I'll use Crazy Diamond to fix them" and then never shows him doing it. The couple themselves are unimportant, but it seems like an odd thing not to even show Josuke touching the blob to fix them. I'd be amused if DavidPro left it offscreen and confused the anime-only viewers too.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
all jojo is equally supreme

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I'm still on the early bits of SBR, but it seems pretty cool so far. Part 6 is still fresh, and it was one hell of a ride. Pucci is the worst tho.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Pucci is worthless garbage. He's great to hate

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
i like 4, 5, and 6 most so far, though 6 dragged a bit for me(i wanted to get to 7.) i really do like all of jojo for various reasons

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I'm kind of sad the second OP made him look actually okay. I'm sure his debut episode will fix that problem, though. I want to root for Kira when a fatty blows up.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Charlie Bobson posted:

I'm probably gonna cry when Shigechi dies. The guy was so happy to finally make some friends :(

Honestly, i will probably be upset too. Kira should have been more careful on his play date :colbert:

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I like the Stand's personality and being able to detach limbs to attack is neat. That said Pissdrinker(i don't need to remember) is irritating, and I was definitely fatigued by this point in the big Punishment Ward fightout.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I like Dragon's Dream as a concept, but reading Stone Ocean as fast as I could did that fight no favors.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
New Dio is making snake jokes and doing acrobatics on his horse, while showing signs of having gained a Stand ability... Part 7 is the best, Dio is the best. Now I'm waiting for him to turn out to be evil and dash my hopes for a jojo/dio team-up.

e: and the weird poo poo Dio is doing actually creeped me out, well done Araki!

Llab fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 21, 2016

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Having just finished Scary Monsters, I can safely say it's easily one of my favorite JoJo things. I like how SBR's version of vampirism is apparently turning people into dinosaurs! I guess the one thing I wasn't really feeling was Doctor Ferdinand or whoever. He's just kind of there all of a sudden and doesn't seem to do much before getting beaten.

Dexie posted:

Continuing my reading of Stone Ocean.

Yo-Yo Ma is creepy as gently caress and Annasui continues to be the absolute worst. :argh:

Agreed on both counts. I remember thinking I had missed a beat when Yo-Yo Ma showed up out of nowhere to help out the crew. Annasui is uh... always kind of a creep for Jolyne, but I think he kind of grew on me after a certain line later on.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I love that Johnny is perceived as a stone cold bastard over Gyro in-story. A crippled horse jockey is deadlier than the guy who was going to be the head executioner of his country.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Johnny Joestar posted:

mind you, said going-to-be-head executioner didn't want to kill people and the crippled horse jockey had to be actively told not to ice someone

I don't know if I've gotten to that part yet. I just finished Ringo and that was a great fight. Go Go Zeppeli!

I'm really starting to see how 7 tops a lot of people's favorites. Gyro and Johnny are both great characters. I've heard 7 is the most consistently good part, so I'm looking forward to the rest.

I didn't realize Valentine was so... sturdy. I thought I had seen an image of him that showed him looking... taller and thinner I guess. less dwarfy, more elfy.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Begemot posted:

His physique changes after he brings Jesus into his heart.
It seems so obvious who the Corpse is that I keep expecting it to not be Jesus. The Holy Spirit compels you to shoot your fingernails out, I guess.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Raserys posted:

gently caress, EmmyOk's post in the anime thread made me think the reason that Aya's hand goes over the line is because she's a Kira casualty

That's what I thought, yeah. Tomorrow is going to be a great day(here comes our lord and savior, Kira)

Also, are stands still acquired by having a strong fighting spirit in SBR? Lucy's pretty badass and I'm disappointed the spine rejected her, because she's pretty badass. I'm hoping Blackmore is full of poo poo.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
My favorite parts of SBR are hands down when Gyro performs a stupid joke or a really terrible song for Johnny and Johnny loves it. They're a couple of goofballs and I love them for it.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Moltrey posted:

Johnny can use his nails to grate cheese, eat spaghetti and brush his teeth, Gyro's jealously was the furthest thing from sarcasm, that's rad as hell

I just read this. Gyro and I are both extremely jealous of Johnny.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Thimgs I like about Lucy Steel: normal woman willing to take on Stand users to protect herself, and Steven(i guess.) She's doing a good job just using her wits so far.

Things I don't like: why is she 14, Araki? Why is every dude(and now First Lady) except Gyro creeping on her? Goddamnit, Araki.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Charlie Bobson posted:

kira is the most bomb rear end villain ever and im so excited for the rest of the jojos

:eyepopsmiliegoeshere:

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Valentine explaining how power works by using a napkin metaphor: good stuff.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
The last few chapters I've read have been cool and intense and D4C, but this loving guy with his "docile like a winter catfish" phrase...

Also yeah I like Valentine's rad scars. I'm trying to think of a reason why original Valentine was short and dumpy and this Valentine is not. Did he do some fuckery with a other universe body double, since his Secret Service seems to be terrible? That's the only thing I can think of, since the hint I was given was that it was related to his Stand.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Johnny begging Valentine to prove he is a good man is breaking my heart. I also want to see Gyro return. I knew dying to help stop the bad guy is the Zeppeli fate, but just this once... I wanted to see a Zeppeli live.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Just finished SBR! It never felt like it dragged on. The fight against Valentine went on for a while, and just when you think it's over, boom! Another wrinkle appears. I was hooked to the end, though. No complaints from me. Stone Ocean was good, but it really dragged a bit around the time of Dio's sons. I'm guessing something happened around the time that SBR started that led to him planning things out more? All of Part 7 feels excellent from start to finish.

I'll quit rambling and go to sleep, but I'm glad I read all of Jojo up to here, and I'll probably start on Jojolion after a short break.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I like to think that Gyro's belt buckles are hinting at his crotch fitting into the Golden ratio. It is Gyro, after all.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I started reading Jojolion, and I got to Kira's apartment. The Mona Lisa hanging on the wall, and a hand on a stand are killing me so much. Jojolion is going to be so good.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I can't wait to see Josuke and Okuyasu out-scammed by a middle schooler. Shigechi has actually grown on me a bit since I read the manga. I'm hoping the anime reverses my feelings on him so I can root for Kira with a clear heart.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
That Kira with the bird leg oh my god. I wish I knew what he was saying.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Baal posted:

"I feel refreshed being with his leg!"

Unless you mean the text beneath that

No, thats what I wanted. Kira is great in all forms, except Jojolion where he's already dead. Shame, that. I'm sure he will never be important or come up again.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I haven't gotten far into Jojolion, but it's obvious that a little thing like death won't stop Kira from doing his thing. I don't know how, but I'm sure he'll be good and awesome. Is that fair, Josuke?

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
My anime-only friend got spoiled on the climactic scene of kira wants a quiet life by 4chan. I need better jojo friends.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
"You don't show your rear end in a top hat to just anybody. Stands are the same way."

I was on the fence about the man, but I just swung towards loving Norisuke. The rest of his family needs a lot of therapy, but that man is pretty cool. I'm still trying to figure out Jojolion, but I think it's gonna be pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I, for one, will be very sad to see my good boy Shigechi bite the dust. However, that ain't saying nothing against my other good boy Kira. I'm excited to see him take his rightful place as DiU's antagonist.