Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Polnareff is really cool and all but he's basically got as much of a connection with him as Kakyoin. Namely he put a flesh bud on them once.

the staircase scene had more chemistry between them than the entirety of Jotaro's fight with him. The real problem is it basically has no pay-off because there's no actual conclusion. We literally get blueballed by the rest of the stardust crusaders and the whole scene is basically pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It should have been both josephs and okayasu to kill eyes of heaven dio as they lost more to him than jotaro.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

To conclude my gay tangent nobody asked for the one thing i liked about the ova was the stairway scene basically got Smooshed into the 50-meter emerald splash and kakyoin got to redeem his cowardice before dying like a bitch.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Sending fleshbud Kakyoin out to Japan to murder Jotaro was just a little oopsy-doodle on his part

according to the novel it was entirely enya's idea

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if things are pre-destined to occur then king crimson shouldn't work

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Cabinet posted:

Did it, though?

for a bit

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dias posted:

I like Dragon's Dream better than Sun, Dark Blue Moon and Strength. :shrug: I don't think there's an outright BAD fight in Jojo, for what's worth. I can't remember anything at all about Pork Pie Hat Kid, tho.

:yikes:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy seeing Baal tear Pt 6 apart

i do not enjoy seeing baal post

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Avdol would be the most op stand user if not for the fact he needs to breathe air to live. Even then if he had the plot-important of a jojo or something his stand would still probably be as versatile as crazy diamond.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

no matter what i think we can all agree the ova is the best depiction of the darby fight

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Calling the final fight of DiU "The Invincible Crazy D" instead of "Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable" should be illegal

*Crazy Diamond is not crash

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Magician's Red was so broken it's all but patently obvious Araki "Killed" Avdol to avoid having to write fights around him.

I wouldn't mind a remixed Part 3 where Magician's Red was a little less powerful just so we could have more Avdol.

it's called steel ball run but we didnt

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

well actually we did technically

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

SBR Avdol didn't have a stand.

you don't know that

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if Kira is Kira does that mean Josefumi was Stray Cat?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

to be fair it could go either way or be both seeing as it is kira after all

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Gruckles posted:

RPS kid will be 4 episodes, with more focus put on Rohan's daily life.

you are of no use to anyone anymore

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

actually, thinking about it, with how good the soundwork has been so far in the anime i have to wonder what all they're going to do for echoes.

they're going to change the ed to it of course

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wasn't risoto primarily driven to avenge his fallen comrades and i don't remember him being all that hosed compared to the rest of the cast

granted its been a while since i read part 5

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

"Valentine did nothing wrong."

argh, die!!!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the egg didn't show up in the op

adaption ruined

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pomp posted:

non-fighting filler was the best thing about dbz actually

says the guy who posts exclusively in battle-shonen threads.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

Hi thread, I'm on the cusp of getting to part 6, but I've heard about how it ends and it's bumming me out and making me not want to read on. Is there anything in parts 7 or 8 that in retrospect make part 6's ending feel a bit better? Or do the Duwang Gang, old man Joseph, Turtle Polnareff, and my boy Tonio just get unceremoniously deleted?

dont be a loving pussy

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i can't forgive david for giving hazmada a consistent height

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you guys realize koichi was in steel ball run right...

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

did sbr have the only explicitly gay character

and then brutally murder them?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

How avdol and rohan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_-iyhQLiKM

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Alopex posted:

I like to think that Avdol had a thing for buff foreign dudes to start with and then Joseph was all "ok, so this Dio guy? Tall, pale, blonde, totally ripped, and apparently he has this weird charisma thing that'll make you weak in the knees, stay sharp buddy" and completely ruined Avdol's love life until Dio legit did show up. Every time he'd hit it off with a dude he'd think "oh poo poo THIS IS IT" and go diving out the nearest window like his life depended on it.

I don't think avdol would cheat on joseph like that.

Moltrey posted:

Kira didn't place, what the hell is this

I am very glad Japanese readers also looked at President of the United States of Valentine, Funny Valentine and said "He's hot"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Valentine is hotter than DIO, but Kars is also hot, I am unsure of my own JoJo hotness metric

dio hasn't raped anyone so he's probably a more considerate lover

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Momomo posted:

I never got the sense that Speedwagon actually had a thing for Erina, that was just Joseph being obnoxious.

the first time I went through that scene I thought he was implying speedwagon was gay and was like man Joseph really does have all the answers.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

between this and the dbz thread the levels of contrarian-ism is getting toxic as hell

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Nobody is loving around, jesus christ.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, I'd like to imagine teenage Shizuka turned her own snacks invisible when going to the theater. Or gets sent along with Speedwagon Foundation people on a wagon transporting something and she just turns it invisible so there's less risks of theft. Or just turned herself invisible and pretend to be a ghost to spook Joseph.

The phantom blood picture is way better used for Battle tendency imo.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I thought this months came out last week?????????

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

multijoe posted:

Next week is one of like three(?) times Jotaro actually uses Star Platinum and does something cool, so that'll be nice

might I interest you in an anime called stardust crusaders?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

and the kira wants a quiet life episode :twisted:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i cant believe david ruined everything this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Made in heaven requiem would just talk with everyone to solve their problems