Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Okay. I got into JoJo during the break between seasons of Stardust Crusaders. Watched all of the show several times, I got a few people into it. Watched the second season as it aired, once the show was over I read part 4.
More recently (since the new season started airing) I've read through the entirety of the rest of JoJo. Now I'm caught up (:ohdear:).

What is the schedule for new volumes being released? Is there a consistent one? I have noticed a lot of the volumes have notes apologizing for hiatuses until the next issue. How quickly after release do they tend to get scanned and translated?

Thanks in advance, I love all the JoJo, sorry I took so long to read it. :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Thanks for the info. I'm sad I'll now have to wait a month between new JoJos, but I'm glad I have a new thread to read and post in now that I don't have to worry about spoilers :)
I'm also glad I caught up coinciding with the end of a story arc, it would be a little annoying to catch up and have it stop halfway through a fight.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

What I wouldn't give for Part 8 alternate universe Rohan to literally just be the same Rohan.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

The artist's whole Tumblr is actually pretty adorable.

Olive! fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jul 14, 2016

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Moltrey posted:

Baby Face from Part 5 was also a Stand centered around talking with it's user

Baby Face is quite certainly my least favorite Stand ever.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Remember when Joshu used his stand to forcibly strip Yasuho and tried to rape her? What a cool guy.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I thought Steel Ball Run would be a Formula 1 styled car race, like neon lights and all that kinda jazz.

I never thought of that before but drat I really want a cyberpunk JoJo.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

um

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Ekusukariba posted:

Isn't this just referencing the part where Koichi has to pick Yukako's eyes?

It's the same thing it showed for Love Deluxe when Rohan was flipping through Koichi's memories looking at Stands.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

RubberLuffy posted:

I'm more concerned with Josuke's face

Seriously, someone completely botched his jawline

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/756624891735072769

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't think whoever writes that twitter likes Gold Experience much.

Why do you say that

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/735941828055171074
https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/736776098394972161
https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/737868760908976128
https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/737868911908118530
https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/737882153984372736
https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/756615828016160768

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Learn Japanese and read Jorge Joestar.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

Killer Queen what are you doing stop that

This is the band that gave us the names Magenta Magenta and Wekapipo, no?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

BaDandy posted:

A close friend linked this to me and asked me to explain and I hate that I'm able to.

https://twitter.com/ponzholic/status/497345010312822785/photo/1

I especially love that Polnareff is a koopa

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Annasui is a weird creepo and he literally disassembled his last girlfriend

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Momomo posted:

Also Kira is explicitly a bad guy so it's not like the plot tries to make him seem alright.

This is how I feel. Kira rules because he does terrible things and it's awesome to watch him do these things and eventually get completely destroyed because of them.

Annasui is awful and obsesses over Jolyne and for some reason the story paints him like an actual love interest?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Who could shotgun a beer faster, Jotaro or Valentine?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Moltrey posted:

I also forgot that Crazy Diamond and Harvest had big references in Monster Hunter 3G. I've never played a Monty Hunty, but the game had a hammer named Crazy Diamond that could heal your allies. Sadly that name did not survive localization.

It's even better than that. The hammer is literally a model of Crazy D punching, with dora sound effects. (The handle is made of 'do' sounds)

The hammer Japan got was called Crazy D.

Outside of Japan, we got the same DLC quest and functionally the same hammer, but it was called the 'Majestic Scepter'.

Harvest was included as a mask you could put on one of your two helper buddies you can bring on hunts with you. One wearing it would collect money for you that you get at the end of the hunt.

Outside of Japan it was changed to the 'Cosmic Mask' and it is the worst looking thing I have ever seen.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

To be honest, I just wanna know how they handle the black sabbath fight in regards to gold experience getting pierced by the arrow and absolutely nothing happening, I'm curious if they'll just keep it and ignore it, if they'll adapt it, or if they'll keep it and write around it

They included DIO using some version of Hermit Purple near the beginning of Stardust Crusaders, which doesn't make a lick of sense*. I don't think they're going to change anything about that.

(*Now everyone start arguing that it's Jonathan's body's Stand, or whatever rationalization people come up with instead of 'Araki Forgot')

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

hot off the presses, new weedo aureo

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/762451374260916228

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Hello. Part 8 is my least favorite part so far. Where is the corner or cage I'm supposed to sit in

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So like, why did Valentine get so buff?

Probably swapped with an alternate dimension version with less chins

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

Remember when yotsuyu waterboarded yasuho using plastic wrap he pulled from his eyeballs

That was pretty hosed up. Lotsa hosed up stuff happens to Yasuho

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Not gonna lie, even knowing that those are supposed to be JoJo characters, I'm having a hard time figuring out who most of them are. If you showed the second one to me without saying they were JoJo characters I probably wouldn't have figured it out. (Except maybe if I saw the green spots on Diavolo?)

I do agree that Valentine is hilarious though.

edit: I just saw Ringo at the top of the second one. I though before I saw that one that Ringo was just up-right of Diavolo. Who is that curly grey haired one?

edit 2: I am a foolish person and I did not look at the source which has an answer key. It's Ghiaccio the fuckin part 5 ice guy. I couldn't recognize him without him wearing a lab coat and the world's worst glasses. He looks way cooler as a dog.

edit 3: GYRO IS CARRYING JOHNNY BY THE SCRUFF OF HIS NECK HELp :kimchi:

edit 4: i might have to buy an avatar

Olive! fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 11, 2016

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Green Intern posted:

Where the gently caress is Iggy.

GOTCHA FUCKER

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Kurtofan posted:

Where's Iggy

Is this like a prank or what

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Does anyone think Josuke's bite mark was from the rock dog Iwasuke?

Olive! fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 11, 2016

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Josuke and New Josuke

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

setafd posted:

is there a ..... White Josuke

Is there a White Polnareff?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So I was going to brush my teeth and I picked up my toothbrush when I started looking for the toothpaste but there wasn't any out, I find that kinda suspicious but open up a box anyway and when i'm about to put some on my toothbrush it turns out i'm actually holding the half-empty toothpaste and my toothbrush was with the other brushes. Is an Enemy Stand attacking me? or is my own stand starting to manifest??

P. sure that's just King Crimson

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Moltrey posted:

DIO also wrote the way to achieve Heaven on The World, not sure how he did that.

Maybe he enlisted the help of baby Rohan

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

poo poo, baby Rohan didn't have a stand. I've blown my own theory WIDE OPEN

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I'm guessing from that preview that the episode is going to end either at or right before the Killer Queen reveal.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I would not post that translation in the anime thread.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Brother Entropy posted:

the first arc in diu is about a serial killer going after a protagonist and things turned out fine

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I really still don't understand the rules of Milagro Man.

Also, I still don't like Joshu, but drat if I don't love the design of his Quickman-rear end stand.

e: vv I guess it is the stuff about burning it that throws me off. I understood it as 'You can't get rid of the curse unless someone steals your money, at which point it transfers to them', but I don't really get what burning it has to do with it?

Olive! fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 19, 2016

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

The milagro man's rules:

If you take the money, you get the curse in addition to whoever you took money from

If you destroy the money, whoever you took the money from will be free from the curse

The dude joshuu gave the money back to destroyed the money when he ripped the label of the drink while opening the bottle I guess, because there was money inside of the label that joshuu had nut king called into place to keep it from flying back to him

Okay, now can you explain why the money grew when it was on fire until Joshu woke up on the couch like nothing happened? And then he gets attacked by the money again, and the next page he's just calmly standing and talking to the guy he stole it from?

e: This post sounded weirdly aggressive look back at it. I didn't mean it to, I just didn't understand this chapter very well.

Olive! fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 19, 2016

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

this feels like a picnic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

also hopefully there weren't many that got actually spoiled from the weird poo poo that went down
Plutonis up there already spoiled half of DiU on the second page, so