Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

bondster posted:

Jojo slowing turning to reality

But does he have the birthmark?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

How does Jolyne's hair even work? I could never wrap my head around it.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

That's pretty drat cool.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Johnny Joestar posted:

there's absolutely no way jobin is the main antagonist

I can't believe we're already 60 chapters in and we still don't know who the main bad guy is for sure.

Hell, we don't really have much of an endgame right now, except I guess saving Holly (again)?

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Reading this latest chapter was like experiencing a fever dream, I swear.

And I think I need to go back and reread all of this Part, because I barely remember what's going on anymore.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I love reading it but I think Jojolion has the least consistent storyline of all the parts, which is especially sad because it's following up the most solid one.

I agree. It's like Araki doesn't really know what he feels like doing and just kind of stumbles through different major plots.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I was about to ask why Angelo looks like a homeless bum.

Then I realized he was basically living in a tree and waiting for rain for like, a week or something.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Augus posted:

Read up to the end of the first stage of SBR

Gyro is awesome
Johnny is awesome
Dio Diego is awesome
Sandman is awesome
Pocoloco is awesome

That is all.

Just wait until the main villain is introduced, he's one of the best in the series.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I can't believe I just watched a man in a sailor outfit nearly cave a zombie baby's skull in with a door.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

Finally catching up with JJL and I guess Araki saw It Follows, huh?

Oh yeah, didn't even think about that. I guess it'd make sense for him to do that after having a great deal of the enemy Tarot Stands being fashioned after classic movie monsters.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Augus posted:

start over

*click*

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

Del was Russel's Stand if you think about it.
With the uncanny ability to summon mega zombie gorillas.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

He loving wishes.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

It kind of bums me out that we never get to really get to know Jotaro's wife. I'm deathly curious to know what kind of woman he'd fall in love with. (Aside from a dolphin or a marine biologist.)

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Ya gotta admire a guy that can pause after escaping attacking trees to give a mini-cooking show on a chairlift pole.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Real talk, I always like to think that Jotaro didn't age because of some kind large amount of untapped Hamon and this somehow kept him young all these years. I know it doesn't make sense at all, but...

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jun 8, 2017

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Even DIO's Vampirism can't heal him from that.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I don't know how to feel about this.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Apparently he's not dead, they called it too early...but apparently he won't survive the night. Still awful.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Improbable Lobster posted:

What was Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price supposed to do originally? The assassination of Johnny Joestar is so loving weird.
I'm not sure it ever changed, I think it was just presented in a confusing way.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

EmmyOk posted:

He definitely changes how it works, remember valentines eyeball being pushed into a different universe. Also Araki explains it as two very similar sponges being over laid and some holes lining up and some not.
Huh. I don't remember that, but fair enough. It's been a while since I read Part 7, and that little segment always confused the Hell out of me either way.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

It's okay, it won't have a chance to be talented once I break it.

Your face, that is.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Accurate.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Agoat posted:

I hate to post about the animation in the manga thread, but I had a quick question.

I'm not an anime expert, I usually watch English dubs. I've just started watching Jojo and holy poo poo, I'm hooked. My friend and I are like 8 episodes deep, should we continue watching in Japanese or is the English dub good?
The dub is pretty superb, so watch it until there's no more episodes left.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'll never get tired of Abbacchio jokes.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

The Metallica fight is gonna be just twenty minutes of a black screen and gross flesh ripping sounds.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Dragonwagon posted:

As far as funny Jojo pages go, Joshu's Sausage Statistics is right up there with Doppio's phone call on the plane and That poo poo Ain't Disney.
I honestly thought that was the beginning of the Stand attack. Like poo poo in the house was shrinking, and soon the entire estate would be the size of the house model that Jobin buried.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Still better than Diavolo, so I'm satiated.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

The real question is how Mitsuba feels about all this. And if she's even still alive.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'll say it. I liked the game overall. The story had some really stupid bits, especially near the end, but I still found myself enjoying it.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

This must the work of an enemy Stand.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If you want to feel old, take note of the fact that there's a pretty good chance that you've interacted with a person on the internet, be it via online video games or whatever, who was born during Steel Ball Run's publication.
I can feel my back ache already.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'm a "Shigechi is a greedy piece of poo poo" boy.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I was born five days before Yukako got her special lipstick from Aya.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Archenteron posted:

Your periodic reminder that President Funny Valentine did (almost) nothing wrong :911:
Everyone knows Funny Valentine was the true hero of the story.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Speaking of Jesus telling people to do things; friendly reminder he literally outright told Johnny to shoot a guy.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

That's weird. I could've sworn Jesus told somebody to shoot someone else, or to kill them or something.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Yoshikage Kira did nothing wrong. He just wanted to live a quiet life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

I wonder if Iwasuke has a power. Or rather, I wonder if his power is to just kinda walk through walls since I think I remember seeing him do that.
Yeah, he did. In proper Araki style, he did it literally once and it never even got mentioned by anyone.