Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

frajaq posted:

Tearing off limbs from zombies is cool IMO

I want to see limbs used as melee weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

Lockpicking, doors, various bits of scenery in the market the player enters, etc. Satisfied?

Still don't know what you guys like about this poo poo that you get incredibly defensive about it.

Honestly it sounds like you're just grasping for something to complain about.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

His argument seems pretty reasonable if not a little over dramatic.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Benicio Del Toro voice over while he plays his character from the usual suspects would be downright amazing.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I do wish they had something new for the hacking game but I do like that the game just has your character kind of walk up to the screen instead of just having the screen come on your screen weirdly.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

rope kid posted:

It's been a while since I've played it, but I remember liking it.

It was a pretty drat good puzzle game.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I wonder if you name your character fallout will that robit call you fallout.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Nothing is Canon. Everything is modable and/or craftable.

Apropos to this I cannot wait to mod the poo poo out of this game.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

RentACop posted:

CHIM flows into the wasteland

I want cliffracers in the boston wasteland

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Magmarashi posted:

We need some actual news to come out or I am afraid you'll all start eating each other

Start? One of em is already in the oven.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Psychotic Weasel posted:

So people would prefer being forced to traverse a 590 KM/2 national park on foot for the sake of realism?

And I suppose these are the same people who think you can walk from the heart of DC to Virginia in a couple hours.

Maybe you can't :smug:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

This is cool/crazy
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/fallout-4-weapons-modder/

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

This interview with the voice of the Female Protagonist and Voice Director is actually pretty good and has some interesting details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA-wsVrO2fo

This was a pretty good interview.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Day one penis mods, here I come!

I honestly expected nude mods to come out first.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

JackBadass posted:

My rig has 1GB of RAM, an Intel Atom chip, and on board sound. Jealous much?

You'll be fine.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Ilustforponydeath posted:

So you can look out windows now?

Looks like it.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

Hmm 45 bucks on the preorder for PC... For those of you that have both are you going PC or PS4?

Definitely PC.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

[Rules]

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Would be cool to have some car in one form or the other. But they have shown the player and dog meat riding in helibird so that's cool.

God I hope I can put doggels on that dog.

TontoCorazon fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 25, 2015

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

graynull posted:

Have we seen any unarmed weapons/combat yet? I noticed endurance didn't list unarmed damage anymore, so I'm curious if it got folded into melee or if they actually cut it. Though I think some gun/EW mods looked like they effected melee damage, and we did see a few pistol whips in the footage so who knows what's going on.

Yeah in the latest videos bethesda released they show the player knocking out some schmuck with a bat and it looks pretty satisfying.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Shoddycast released their interview with the male protagonist's voice actor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc5lUfy1CZI

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

I worry this will mean the game will suck bad.

What? Why?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

frajaq posted:

Obsidian is not making it :reject:

Lol

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

Those outtakes weren't particularly funny or anything.

But what does that have to go with the game?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

A game is the sum of its parts, and when its parts involve a male VA who keeps unironically pronouncing it "a nuc-you-lar RPG" and a female VA who's saying the "N-word" every thirty seconds, it doesn't bode well for the sum.

Lol

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i have recently been playing through fo3 and nv and while nv has cool improvements that I missed going through 3 i somehow managed, through pure force of will that apparently borders on herculean for some folks, enjoyed playing both video games

Yeah I started playing 3 as well, I find it as fun as New Vegas. It has it's problems just like New Vegas has it's own problems.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

God forbid I temper my expectations, eh?

And god forbid I offer some level of critique.

Critique of what?

You haven't played this game yet, and we really haven't been given really much to work off of.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Just because a scientist spends a thousand hours studying cancer doesn't mean they "like" cancer. People are compelled to immerse themselves in things they hate. Like...I've watched Downton Abbey, but it wasn't even until Series 2 that I realized it wasn't "Downtown Abbey". I had no idea why they were calling it "Downtown" when it was clearly in the middle of nowhere. Anyway, I hated that show but everybody was so crazy about it that I had to watch the show several times to really ruminate on why I hated it.

If you only experience something terrible for a couple of hours, people are going to call you out on that fact and you'll never convince them that their poo poo sucks. "Yeah but you never gave it a chance." No, you need to know something intimately--better than them--and that generally involves experiencing it for longer than they'd ever want to.

That almost sounds like mental illness. If you don't like something and you know you won't like something why would you spend that time and money not liking it at all? Like you need therapy if you're willingly watching or playing something and hating it. I can understand trying something out for an hour or so but putting over 100 hours into it and still bitching is insanity.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

People play/watch/listen to popular stuff to keep up with things, even if they don't like them.

Yeah and this sounds dumb as poo poo. Who gives a gently caress what other people think? That sounds like torture.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Gnome de plume posted:

I don't mind voiced protags but I'd like it better if H John Benjamin and Aisha Tyler were options.

Day one mods

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Honestly, Mordaedil you sound like a real bitch complaining this much about a video game.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

JackBadass posted:

The moon isn't real. It's just a hanger in Nevada.

Where do you think we get our cheeses?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

That's where we get our sodomy.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Rincewind posted:

Now quest mods will stick out for having two characters who speak in the base game stay silent, instead of just one!

Maybe they'll be the silent protagonist from the last two games.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Gnome de plume posted:

Just use a monochrome filter and a superimpose a black screen with the dialog on it whenever anyone's talking. Boom, silent film mod.

Wanna download this mod

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

"Gaming culture"

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Rabidredneck posted:

Probably stuff like modding in new weapons and armor (the Millenia group make some awesome weapon mods for NV). Maybe some simple location mods like the DC Interiors mod which adds a lot more buildings to explore in the DC ruins, stuff like that I can see being console compatible.

Pretty much stuff you'd find on steam workshop.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

That cartoon is awesome. I can't wait for the others.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I want to see Nuka Cola be a direct competitor to Coka Cola or Pepsi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

crabcakes66 posted:

No talking about Fallout 4 in the Fallout 4 thread!

What the gently caress is fallout 4?

• Locked thread