Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Bethesda is doing half of the slab's work for them.

Dogmeat is specifically exempted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Psychotic Weasel posted:

How about we distract ourselves with the fact that autistic gamers the world over have somehow managed to outstrip some Chinese factory's ability to mass produce cheap plastic crap for impulsive man-children.

What... but that... how is that possible?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The problem is that the weapons aren't even realistic. "Here's a laser cannon that is shaped like the back end of a 1956 Coupe Deville; the 'taillights' glow when you fire it."

That sounds completely realistic. I bet if you gave laser cannons to today's gun community at least one of them would modify theirs to look like that.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I seem to have misplaced my dog. Last seen at Fort Hagen after following the trail. How can I find him again?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lemon posted:

Did you go into Fort Hagen after following the trail? I had the same problem, I followed the trail there and decided to then go back to camp and sort some poo poo out before returning. Dogmeat was nowhere to be found, so I summoned him with the console, only for him to immediately high-tail it all the way back to Fort Hagen. I went inside, did the next objective and then he was back to normal.

I had Valentine as my follower, we were just following the dog. The dog was waiting outside the fort before, but now he's not. What's the console command to summon him?

In other news, I need Dirty water for some cooking. Purified water won't do. Can I make this easily?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The loading screen art implied that Combat Armour would have decent coverage and actually look like armour, instead of being a few pieces stuck here and there.

Is there anything I can wear so I don't look stupid?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Man this game has the most disparate voice acting in recent memory. Male main character, Piper, Cait, Danse, and the minuteman guy suck like you wouldn't believe, but Nick and Kellog are seriously outstanding

I switched from a male character to a female because the male VA was so bad. The female VA seems pretty good.
I really liked the way she chewed the scenery in the Silver Shroud quest

I found an explosive combat shotgun and man this thing is righteous. I think it's getting the explosive damage per pellet.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So apparently the Railroad can help me modify/upgrade some armour? How do I get them to do that?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

To advance the BoS questline do I just keep doing the radiant quests, or is that getting me nothing but caps?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Elendil004 posted:

Silver Shroud questline end question How can you save Kent? I scared the bodyguards, but even if I get a killshot on the bad guys head he still magically pulls the trigger. Really annoying. Is kent just unsavable or something?

It took me quite a few tries

If you one-shot the main bad guy then his deputy takes the shot instead, and there's no way to kill them both in time.
But if you hit him he'll start to take the shot, if you immediately finish him off then Kent will still be alive and the deputy won't shoot him because the main guy already started to.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Edit: I am stupid.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Omi no Kami posted:

Are there any early guns besides the pipe rifle that can fire a .38? It's my go-to ammo because there's so much of it laying around, but I hate the pipe rifles so much. I saw you could eventually mod the hunting rifle's receiver, but I'm nowhere near gun nut 3 yet.

Those are the two I believe.

You can mod the pipe gun into near-unrecognisability though.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Getting through Vault 81 without getting infected is super-difficult. Even when I'm sure I didn't get bit in a combat, I check my status afterwards and I am.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

where is that quest then? I'm tired of my current clothes

Goodneighbor.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How do I get Tinker Tom to 'unlock' these upgrade slots? I've done a bunch of his MIRI missions and a bunch of missions for the other people.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Azazell0 posted:

Not to mention how loving stupid the whole thing looks when I literally have just a few armor plates strapped over my vault suit.

Tell me about it. Road Leathers or Military Fatigues underneath make it look slightly (slightly) less stupid.

I've just started seeing Sturdy leather items show up at level 30.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You can kill Mama Murphy

Has anyone experimented much with the beam splitters on laser/plasma rifles? If you hit with all the beams does it do significantly more damage than a non-split?

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Nov 18, 2015

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Quote is not edit.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I seem to have just lost about six hours of progress.

My internet was out for a while so I kept playing in Offline mode. Now I've got internet back and I can't see any of the saves I made. Even if I go back into Offline mode I can only see/load my old saves.

Is there some way to get my progress back, or did Cloud Saves gently caress me over?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If I know the filename of the save I want to load can I load it with a console command?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How do I get the Brotherhood to help me with the molly relay? The quest point points right at Danse, but I can't initiate dialogue with him just get a quip.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

When you install a beamsplitter, is the displayed damage per-bolt or total?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there any actual mechanical difference between the companions? (Apart from Dogmeat) Curie is a terrible shot with the laser I gave her, but I don't know if that's just her or if it's everyone.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Iceshade posted:

Aye.

It fires 5 beams with each pull of the trigger, ammo capacity is 36. Supposedly the bleeding effect triggers on every beam hit, so according to my calculations this thing is broken as gently caress.

Does Bleed / Burning stack? I had assumed it didn't.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

^The pipe revolver takes .45 .

How come secretive underground organisations always have headquarters that are larger and more populous than any normal city?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How does trading Food with supply lines work? Can I afford to leave a settlement with it's food production in the red as long as other settlements are producing an excess?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Question: When you're building stuff for settlements and select an item it'll say like "Shack Wall (50)" What does the (50) denote? Can't seem to find anything about it

You have enough resources on hand to build 50.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Trying getting rid of the nice things.
(TVs, jukeboxes etc).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

When does the Brotherhood questline continue?

I'm running around the Institute getting ready to instigate civil war and Danse still doesn't have anything to say to me.

Ages back some people in Diamond City made ambient comments about a Brotherhood flying city arriving, but I haven't seen any other sign of it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is the displayed damage for a gauss rifle the uncharged damage or the fully-charged damage?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How does the timeline on this game work anyway?
Kellogg left Diamond City 'a while back' when Virgil ran away and he was reassigned to that case.

But that was fifty years ago. How do any of the alive people in Diamond City remember him? And has Virgil been hanging out in that cave longer than any of the atomists nearby have been alive?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Strudel Man posted:

No, no, that was very recently. He wasn't at Diamond City with the real child Shaun, he was there with the robo-shaun. Real Shaun ordered him to do it specifically so that he'd leave a trail for you to find.

That... makes a lot more sense.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sonofsilversign posted:

^Thats a great idea and would be a good reward for doing minutemen quests.

Railroad sends runners (you never see them), Brotherhoods sends a vertibird, Institute gives you a teleport beacon.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

Does anyone have a functioning ammo crafting mod for those of us who like our weapons?
I'm using this one myself.

quote:

For any automatic weapons ammo is just too expensive and rare to buy.

+2 cha from a suit, +1 from glasses, +1 from hat, +5 from grape mentats,+1 from booze = cheap ammo.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Settlements have one actual benefit, artillery.

Where can I lay me hands on more smoke grenades?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Well I did my part to reduce Institute efficiency. The Railroad should be pleased.
(I stole everyone's alarm clock)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Modern mass-produced spring steel is significantly superior to anything a master smith could do with a charcoal forge.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Anyone used Settlements Expanded? Will it destroy my game?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Me - Sanctuary. The settlement is Sanctuary. Where you are standing. Just loving tell me.

We have procedures. This isn't 'Nam, there are rules!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Re: the thread title, how can I power armour my garbage farmers? I tried putting the parts into their inventory but they won't equip them, do I need to convert a frame into an inventory item somehow so I can give it to them?

• Locked thread