Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i hope bethesda fires the person responsible for the normal mapping on those textures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

There will be level scaling. Every dungeon will be full of weak ghouls that die in one hit and an overpowered super mutant as a boss that kills you in one hit and takes no damage.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Bholder posted:

Probably because this is not an Elder Scrolls game.

All Fallout games, save New Vegas gave you a set backstory.

New Vegas gives you a backstory through dialogue choices instead.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

This game is gonna suck but I'm still gonna buy it, all the DLC, and then spend 300+ hours on it because I am a pathetic and depraved human being.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Hey guys did you hear Bethesda got rid of playable female characters! My aunt who got fired from Bethesda posted about it on reddit! :downswords:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

no but see i am an idiot gamer child who will believe every rumor i hear about a game at face value so the words of a GAMES JOURNALIST mean nothing when compared to an anonymous redditor

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Bholder posted:

Well we can see the story is completely different from that leak (no mention of Vault 111, the trailer shows that we came from a Vault)

Also that is the same time the fake announcement happened, you know with the morse code and all the hype about androids and the commonwealth.

I actually forgot about that dumb fake announcement, why did people think that one was real anyways.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah man, can't wait for a Fallout game with two dialogue choices per conversation, where half of the conversation is out of the player's control, sounds loving sweet.

same but unironically

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Every major settlement is going to be five buildings and 30 NPCs behind a loading screen like it always is, their engine cant handle anything more as seen by the mods that try to fix those issues.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

CheeseFactory posted:

And also the "Cha Ching" sound every time you got XP.

im glad they got rid of it in new vegas

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

fallout 3 is absolutely fantastic if you wanted to play a game with a color palette that consists entirely of few shades of gray and puke green skies.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

PittTheElder posted:

If you were playing FO3 without Fellout and assorted sky and weather mods, you were playing the game wrong anyway.

so what you are saying is that bethesda did a very poor job with fallout 3? yes, i agree.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Bless whoever made this image.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Leinadi posted:

At least you could kill Three dog, that was good.

I hope Three Dog is in Fallout 4 so I can kill him again.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

oblomov posted:

So, anyone wondering if paid mods are coming with Fallout 4 day one? It was a complete mess with Skyrim due to years of established community efforts but with a new game you get a new community, engine, etc... so it's very likely Bethesda is going to go for that. Question is if they will address that at E3. I am thinking not and they will talk about the whole thing much closer to release but you never know.

If paid mods are gonna be re-introduced, it's definitely gonna be at launch or close to it, but after that clusterfuck with Skyrim it's hopefully gotten everyone rethinking how to handle it so hopefully they do the smart thing and make the best of the best mods into unofficial-but-developer-supported-DLC or something like that.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

drkeiscool posted:

I haven't done Point Lookout or Broken Steel yet, but good heavens are the FO3 DLC's short. Finished Operation Anchorage in an afternoon, The Pitt didn't take much longer, and Mothership Zeta looks like I'll be able to finish it tonight. I sure hope these weren't too pricey at release.

They each cost $10 at launch, same as the New Vegas ones.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

CommissarMega posted:

Am I the only person here who liked everything about Dead Money? I thought the tension was kept up through the whole thing, and the sense of uncovering the mystery of the Sierra Madre never got old on repeated playthroughs, at least for me.

Nah, I loving loved Dead Money too. It's the weakest of the DLC imo but it's still really good.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Imagine if someone like Gearbox got the license.

Please don't make me imagine a Fallout game with literally nothing but memes as dialogue.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Turds in magma posted:

I just hope all the Bethesda devs played the witcher 3 and are inspired to create some real characters, interesting quests, and memorable dialogue for once

Bethesda meetings after The Witcher 3 came out are probably just Todd Howard screaming at everyone about how much better Skyrim was and how they need to attach the word radiant to more things for Fallout 4.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

cargohills posted:

See, the problem there would be that Fallout is good and the Witcher isn't

there can only be One Good Video Game and all others are the worst

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Sharkopath posted:

If you dislike the video game product that I like, that means you dislike me, and if you like the video game product it is impossible to appreciate or enjoy its vague competitor, because that is a betrayal most foul.

yea same

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Baron Bifford posted:

One thing that pleased me about New Vegas is that it had farms. Fallout 3 had no agriculture whatsoever, which left me wondering how the gently caress all the people of Megaton and the aircraft carrier were feeding themselves. Obsidian clearly put more thought into their world.

Rivet City somehow produces all the food in DC for every settlement. No really, that was their lovely excuse.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

it would be cool if fallout 4 had ammo reloading again, it was a small but really neat thing new vegas added. im absolutely ready to be disappointed because i don't trust bethesda.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Shugojin posted:

I did have a burning annoyance that the ammo types were stuck as the second hotkey option. :argh:

that was not a very good design decision, they should have let you rebind it at the very least.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

MisterBibs posted:

No, it was just a tech demo, but even then it's obvious it wouldn't have been an ideal Fallout 3 if you're talking about mainstream popularity and interest, which is what I quoted from you.

Tech demo and later released notes about Van Buren make it obvious we should all be thankful Bethesda made Fallout 3 instead, was my point. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

you've made your point that you are a braindead idiot very clear many times in this thread and several others, do not worry about that

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

vats is garbage and it would be good if they instead worked on making the shooting mechanics good

they wont though

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

I hate you for making me imagine how amazing Fallout 4 would be if Guy Fieri was voicing a main character.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Mordaedil posted:

If that is how you feel, that's fine, but then you are not cut out for creating open world games, because for a lot of people, poking the scenery is what is important.

no but if you care about anything at all that means you're a sperg because as a goon i can't understand basic concepts

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

gently caress me, im excited for fallout again, todd howard what have you done

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

That UI looked pretty bad but what else is new for Bethesda games. Hopefully it's easy to mod.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Yaos posted:

Too many idiots didn't realize you can decrease the numbers in Fallout 3 and New Vegas even though there's a minus for it and that's how numbers work. Previously Recorded, from Red Letter Media fame, had one hell of a time figuring out SPECIAL even though it told them what was happening in giant letters in the middle of the screen.

Looked fine to me.

Yeah, this is almost exactly why. The average person isn't gonna realize you can lower those numbers except by accident or being told.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Infinity Gaia posted:

Nothing about skill points in the description for Intelligence.

No skills tab, button for perk chart.

Sure looks like Skills got axed and we're getting constellation-style leveling.

EDIT: If that's all Intelligence does now get ready for it being the new dump stat!

uh oh

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Praetorian Mage posted:

I'm pretty sure the Witcher games let you see the entire line instead of just a short preview. This isn't me bitching about advancement, although I admit I'm not a fan of having a voiced protagonist.

The Witcher games have a short sentence paraphrasing it the dialogue. Usually longer than Mass Effect but not the whole line but it's easier to know what it'll make you say and the tone.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

That dumb mobile inventory app gimmick is totally my poo poo tho, hope it works well.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpsbj0OoeNo

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

I hope they take out the lockpicking and hacking minigames and make them skill/perk checks instead.

They aren't fun in any game.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

SunAndSpring posted:

They could just do the New Vegas way of making it so you only have to meet a flat number to get a success, instead of the percent chance way Fallout 3 did things.

I hope skill/perk/etc checks don't have chances to fail like Fallout 3's speech checks, that was really terrible.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Nope. You can play as a girl too.

Demisexual Tumblr genderblobs not so much.

yeah, you show those identity exploring and sexually confused teenagers what for

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Did they show if their gore system has improved at all or if it's the same poo poo as 3/NV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

SunAndSpring posted:

It looks like a fun game and if the story and roleplaying suck, I'll just pretend it isn't Fallout at all. Win-win either way.

Yeah, game actually looks pretty fun to play for once. Hope that's true at launch.

• Locked thread