Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm hoping they made up new factions that actually have a background beyond "They're good guys" or "They're jerks" like the Regulators and Talon Company in 3. Also I hope the Brotherhood isn't a bunch of white knights again that you have to side with.

Well they showed the player killing Brotherhood Initiates in the trailer so that's hopeful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

yea if the perk was "Confirmed Bachelor" and nothing else i could understand, but the icon and description spell out "yo this makes you gay" super clearly

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Joey McChrist posted:

ill take em both im hardcore

it's true, everyone knows bisexuals are the most hardcore of all humans.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Crabtree posted:

Oh gently caress, your avatar reminded me that this game won't complete unless every home base has a stripper pole.

if there isn't a stripper pole or pole object already available someone will mod it in, plus animations to boot

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Sic Semper Goon posted:

Teenage girls are the most hardcore? :shrug:

idgi

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Avocados posted:

Wait what happened to the thread everyone was happy last night

(seriously what bad news surfaced that made goons sperg out)

nothing, this is normal

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

OwlFancier posted:

Looking forward to building a sweet neon rave house with turrets on it and shooting enclaves in the face with a big plasma gun that I stuck a bunch of poo poo onto to make it blinged out as hell, in a suit of gold plated power armor.

same, i seriously don't care how terrible the writing is at this point, all the other poo poo looks fun as gently caress and if it isnt, a mod will probably make it fun

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Gonna be angry if painting flames on your power armor doesn't make it go faster.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

O Hanraha-hanrahan posted:

I have one wish for Fallout 4: that when you get your weapons or inventory cleared by a scripted sequence it remembers hotkeys and equipment when the gear is returned.

bethesda please do this

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

closeted republican posted:

I'd rather have essential characters than fail quests because of an NPC dying.

NV had a big problem if you went pro-Legion; if you went on a rampage inside Hoover Dam and massacred everyone there before killing Kimball, you'd instantly fail the quest to kill Kimball when you got it because you murdered a vital NPC for the quest that you didn't know even existed. There are also other instances where you'll instantly fail a quest you didn't know existed because you decided to murder a random NPC that was actually important in a quest.

on the otherhand, why would Kimball land at the Hoover Dam if everyone got massacred

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Is Liam Neeson going to be lending his voice to this?

I hope so, I want to be drat sure I know where all their budget went instead of the important poo poo.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

sout posted:

Once you get a hang of it the hacking minigames aren't too bad, they're slow though and could be more fun.
Lockpicking in Fallout imo is actually pretty good, and it seems like they basically kept it the same for Skyrim too so I suspect that at least will return.

my problem with the locking/hacking minigames isnt that they're hard. they're easy as poo poo, i'd just rather not do the same boring minigame a thousand times and instead make it a skill check.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

we could use a break from the same discussions imo

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

gamers want video games to be taken just as seriously as film and literature without the same amount of analysis, critique, and scrutiny they go under

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

marktheando posted:

Witcher 3, Mad Max and Fallout 4. This is the year of open world dad games.

you forgot MGSV, big boss is a dad too

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

steinrokkan posted:

Congrats on your autism and / or worship of corporate property, hope you make the best of it!

lmfao at this edgy post

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

pmchem posted:

Are there any people who were paid to work on both: ((Fallout 1 OR Fallout 2) AND Fallout 4)?

Do the people at bethesda who removed the series from GOG count.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Harrow posted:

Oh god, why? What is the point of making a speech check based on a die roll in a world where quicksaving exists? It just adds tedium.

bethesda is really bad at making video games

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

The Droid posted:

it just runs poorly

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Reason posted:

I'm going to use the SoftEther one, I used it to unlock Witcher early and it worked fine.

i used this one before with no problems but i dont see a new zealand server?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Walrus Pete posted:

Australia should be just as good, since they pushed the NZ unlock time back two hours.

no australian servers either. rip.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Coolwhoami posted:

Melbourne isn't in Australia?

im using Softether VPN Gate, Freedome doesn't let me connect to steam

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

counterfeitsaint posted:

God dammit.

Can you imagine how much good will Bethesda would earn if they unlocked it world wide right now?

can you imagine how pissed big retail stores would be at bethesda if they unlocked it world wide right now

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

counterfeitsaint posted:

Would anybody actually notice? What's the percentage of people who are capable of getting digital sales, but chose to buy a physical copy, but then are going to change their mind on the last day?

its not the customers they're worried about, it's the retail companies

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

QuantaStarFire posted:

This. I got the SoftEther VPN to work, but it's slow as gently caress so it's gonna take a bit. Good thing there's no patch to worry about.

did the server go down, i don't see any NZ/AUS servers

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

so where's the next earliest place fallout 4 unlocks

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

lmao, don't try to change your fov to something that won't make you puke folks, checkout the UI

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i like how there's a 50/50 chance the subtitles won't work

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Ok how does crafting work. How do I get components? I can scrap weapons and armor but not anything else?

you dont actually need to scrap the random junk items from what i can tell, it counts as whatever components you need and scraps it when you need it

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

anatomi posted:

Anyone found the FOV settings?

ShadowMar posted:

lmao, don't try to change your fov to something that won't make you puke folks, checkout the UI

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

strong bird posted:

There aren't any

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

the gunplay is a solid "pretty okay" which is a major improvement over "dogshit" imo

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

if you hold shift while in the workshop menu, WASD function as the arrow keys.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

FuzzySlippers posted:

What the hell with the cash register noise. There has to be a way to turn it off

yeah: wait for a mod

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Lakbay posted:

I'm still watching streams until tomorrow, but can you cannabalize/transfer weapon mods from one weapon to the other? There doesn't look like an option to unequip a mod from a gun in the crafting interface (at least watching people mod in streams)

doesn't look like it, if there is i haven't figured out a way to do it yet

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ImpAtom posted:

You can. When you change a weapon to another mod the previous mod is put into your inventory. So to unequip it you have to mod the gun to its lowest base level. Sometimes this costs a minor resource investment and other times it is free. As long as you have a mod in your inventory it is free to equip.

this is the most bethesda thing i've heard

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Robo Reagan posted:

liberty prime is the only good thing about fo3 and if the game is like $5 then its worth it just for that

agreed, my favorite part about fo3 was the sequence that broke 99% of the time forcing you to replay it from the start 50 times until it decides to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Robo Reagan posted:

never had that problem pal

cool, lots of people did.

• Locked thread