Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Lmfao. This looks like one of those Chinese news recreation animations or a PS1 CG cutscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
Ahahahahahahaha

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

AlternateAccount posted:

Note literally everyone's elbow in the same spot because gently caress having different animations for very different characters.

Also note that its the exact same run animation they've been using since Oblivion lmfao

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Yaos posted:

That dude on the left is using the same crouch animation.

Lol I didn't notice this at first

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

So what's going to happen when we see the before and after pictures of the graphics and then have to deal with the "downgrade" for console plebs and then Utanyan comes and shits up the whole thread?

You can't downgrade much more than the already in place graphics that would be right at home in 2007

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Haha yeah, I can't wait for the Fallout 4 Fr*king sucks! megathread

Gentwise posted:

WHELP guys, they reused some animations, now there's no way I'll enjoy scavenging in this stylized post-apocalyptic wasteland video game.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

It's not perfect therefore it is evil.

Lol how can you defend this poo poo

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

sout posted:

I have had a lot of fun playing Fallout before and expect to have fun playing Fallout again

I had a lot of fun playing Fallout, too. New Vegas at least. Its just incredible to me that they are still using the Gamebryo engine and all the animations, models, and assets that they've had in the engine since oblivion.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Fallout 3 didn't have good gameplay or story though.

Agreed. I can't believe they're going back to in house development instead of letting Obsidian develop 4.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

sout posted:

Sure. It's not necessarily A Good Thing. I've sort of heard it enough times today though.

Get ready to hear it a whole lot more next week when we get game play footage.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Personally, I think it looks fine. Not good but not to a point where I would call it bad.

4 years ago I would've agreed with you. But not now. The graphics look straight bad put next to modern games.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

TheBuilder posted:

I can't imagine them outsourcing development of one of their hottest IPs to a firm that doesn't have the full time staff do make all of the assets and updates to the engine.

There aren't going to be any updates to the engine anyway. Have you played a Bethesda game in the last 10 years?

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

Just imagine what this game will look like once people start noticing that the actual game graphics are worse than they looked in the trailer. The downgrade arguments are going to be hilarious.

I don't think you could possibly get any worse but I'm sure I'll be pleasantly surprised

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Bholder posted:

So definitely not Obsidian

Lmao. Really?

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

oblomov posted:

Also, while Gamebryo is crappy, can somebody name another game similar to Skyrim or FNV in scope that allows that much modding.

The graphics look serviceable so hopefully the game runs at decent frame rate on consoles while in PCs there will be 4k texture mods, graphic mods to take care of the issue.

Why should we accept a lovely base product that needs mods to either fix or make every aspect of it acceptable?

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
It boggles my mind that theres anybody who thinks New Vegas was anything but a massive improvement improvement over fallout 3

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Bholder posted:

Yes, I'd rather have an actual Post Apocalyptic wasteland rather than recent, extremely brown battlefields.

That's just the art style and setting you're complaining about though. How does that make Obsidian bad developers?

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

oblomov posted:

The setting wasn't as I thought DC was more interesting (setting, not story).

I can see that. But the quest design, mechanics, and everything else were undeniably better in NV.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I thought DC was a cooler setting than the desert.

Thats just the setting though! Everybody who likes 3 over NV seems just prefer it because of the setting.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I think it looks pretty good, at least the atmospheric effects and lighting are definitely a step above bethesdas other games.

Yeah but something tells me those nice effects and lighting are going to be mysteriously absent in the final game.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Eonwe posted:

on consoles? yes

definitely

on pc? no they'll still be there and then people will put out graphics enhancements + nude mods

Guaranteed consoles are the lead platform as has been the case with every Bethesda game so if the effects get the axe there, they're gone on PC too.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's too bad Obsidian isn't making it though for real.

Yeah it really is.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
I can't wait to see every decent game design decision from New Vegas reverted back to its Fallout 3 poo poo show version by Bethesda.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Keith Atherton posted:

Trailer looks cool!

I hope they fix whatever makes it so that every "city" is tiny and has a billion loading screens and 10 inhabitants.

Finally getting onto he Strip was such a letdown and Freeside was a headache trying to get around.

They literally can't fix it lol its limitations of their ancient game engine. Modders have always had to fix it by using third party script extensions.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

If the plot of 4 actually involves ghoul Brits trying to invade and we get Bunker Hill and poo poo with lasers and mini nukes, it'll be the greatest video game plot ever.

Yeah and also it should be steampunk with vampires and take place in the adventure time universe!

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Spaceman Future! posted:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/The_Family

sorry that fallout isnt the grimdark game you never played yo

Lmao I never said it has to be dark to be good. How do you not understand the difference between competent writing and the fanfiction poo poo people think passes as clever half the time?

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Spaceman Future! posted:

literally linked you to an official lame vampire mission from fallout 3

there is no difference

My point is Bethesda games have terrible fanfiction quality stories and thee fiction that the actual fans come up with is even worse. Just in case I wasn't being clear.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
I hope you didn't think I was saying the stories Bethesda writes were good because lmao that is not the case

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

Whatever you define as 'Good Story Telling', it sure as hell didn't make New Vegas better than 3. Sympathetic but mundane good guys (NCR), unsympathetically evil guys (Cesar) fighting over a low-scale/low-impact thing (Hoover Dam). Yawn.

Compare to walking behind a giant gunmetal Optimus Prime, shouting anti-communist slogans, throwing nukes like a football, against remnants of the US Government, in order to purify the water for the entire east coast of the setting. loving awesome.

You're right. New Vegas wasn't nearly as cuntshitting fuckawesome as 3. I retract my statement goonsir.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

cropping stillframes makes all games look bad

Counterpoint: no it doesn't.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Genocyber posted:

fnv is cool, fo3 is what twelve-year-olds think is cool hth

megalodong posted:

*me, seeing a climactic battle for the single foothold the NCR have in the entirety of the mojave, which also coincidentally happens to be a largely useless but symbolically important part of the past, said obsession with the past being a core theme running through the entire game and DLCs*

wtf is this poo poo where's my mothershitting god drat giant robot blowing up shitfucking enclave fuckwankers

Exactly lol

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

It divorces it from any environmental composition or wider context with regards to the color palette of an area, but also blowing it up afterwards just makes it look even worse.

It's not like painting where getting a detail from a larger work reveals craftsmanship invisible in a wider view, because its image files and they dont scale well.

Maybe you didn't notice but the man was floating 4 inches off the ground.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Nasgate posted:

He is referring to "the first two games". Not the 3rd and spin off.

Did you really just refer to New Vegas as "the spin off"

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Nasgate posted:

Regardless of how much better it is, NV isn't a mainline game.

It just seems that other than the name there's nothing that really excludes from being in the main game line

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

The game references make the song pretty embarrassing imo

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

dsriggs posted:

I AM ANGRY

ANGRY ABOUT VIDEO GAMES I HAVEN'T YET PLAYED

:kingsley:

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Bholder posted:

How do you know it's not poo poo, it isn't even out yet

Because there's a guy standing over the release date with his butt cheeks spread apart.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Oh, yeah, that's pretty much the same here, I'm not gonna defend poo poo about it either, but it's got a lot of stuff that interests me nonetheless. At the very least it looks like a more fun modding platform than New Vegas was. Obviously looks better, too, not being on an engine build from a decade ago.

What makes it look like a better modding platform than new vegas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012

Trainmonk posted:

I dont have anything to threadshit about because I think this game looks good both gameplay-wise and aesthetically, especially in motion, but I do have a question. What are the npc skeletons like and how do they gib? Is it like 3 and NV where when you bloody mess a dude and his weirdly intact torso goes flying or will they break down even further, like at the waistline and forearm and stuff?

Lol. Psycho gamer hell yeah.

• Locked thread