Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
I bet if STALKER 2 got announced with the same engine as STALKER 1 with the same devs everyone here would be going apeshit with hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
3's atmosphere is miles better than NV's. Otherwise NV is undoubtedly the better game, the good vs evil poo poo really makes me groan.

Although why the balls did Obsidian keep the lovely karma system? I shouldn't become scum for stealing weapons from Caesar's camp...

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Leinadi posted:

But... they have Patrick Stewart, Liam Neeson and Max von Sydow! So it must be awesome right? :D

You forgot Sean Bean. :colbert:

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

I know NV is way better at questing than 3 but I feel like 3 can do some really cool quests when it wants to. Tenpenny's tower's quest is awesome because there is assholes and good people on both sides and no matter what you do you end up loving poo poo up because the leadership of both groups are terrible. I felt like I did good when I merged the ghouls with the humans but felt like poo poo when I came back to realize Roy simply murdered all the humans and dumped them in the cellar. Poor Dashwood. :(

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Shugojin posted:

I forget, does Roy turn immortal once you finish it? Otherwise you could just kill him immediately.

...I still like that he tosses Tenpenny off the tower though.

Nope, I remember cutting his throat while he slept. gently caress Roy.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Usually, just expect delays.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Hahaha the dog ran off the top of the tower trying to get into the lift. Stupid dog.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Also yeah that poo poo's looped. Wish we would see some more interesting stuff like non feral ghouls.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

gently caress, just crashes when I click play and I've got the latest drivers.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

I kind of doubt it'll happen mostly because Obsidian didn't have a whole lot going on when they made New Vegas. If they were to make a Fallout 4 followup they'd probably have to have started already. And right now they've got Pillars, Wasteland 2, Armored Warfare and probably some other stuff still under wraps. Just seems to me like they've more than got their fill at the moment.

Aren't all those games finished/currently in open beta (almost finished)?

I'll say they would value Fallout over any project they could muster currently and I'm sure Bethesda have been talking to them before F4 was announced.

Fallout is mad money these days, Obsidian would be crazy not to dive in right now. I'm pretty hopeful.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Serf posted:

I'm having a hard time not getting my hopes up about Obsidian making another Fallout game now. I replayed New Vegas a while back and it is still incredible. Fingers crossed that they get a chance to work with this version of the game. Kinda want to see something set in like Seattle or maybe New York?

Obsidian have been pretty consistent on saying they'll return to the west coast if they get the chance to make fallout again.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Serf posted:

Fallout: Seattle it is, then. We can visit iconic places like the Space Needle and Frasier's apartment!

Is there any NCR/Legion presence in Seattle? I think Obsidian will be exploring more of the Legion/NCR feud once they make their game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

God drat, I loving love Nick Valentine.

Bethesda have actually managed to make some likable characters this time, it's still no NV of course but it's certainly miles above 3.

• Locked thread