Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Buttmeister posted:

Don't mark my words.

Too late bud, ya got a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Man every time I try to start a new asteroids survival it always loads into an easy start survival.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

TescoBag posted:

I've had this quite a few times

You find a solution or was it keep trying till ya get her

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
No harm updating the drivers either way

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a way to feed x number of gravel ore separators, or I guess anything that processes poo poo, equally from the same cargo container. I.e. If the cargo container had 40 units of uranium and I had 4 refineries, each refinery would get 10 units.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

This is amazing. I didn't know about it. Thanks a lot.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a good tutorial on wheels? The last time that I used them was when they were just added to the game and practically unusable.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

XkyRauh posted:

This most recent update claims that all the blocks have been updated to the new Multiplayer code, and that the conveyor system (a previous major source of lag) has been optimized a fair bit. Now's as good a time as any to give it a shot!

As it says in the OP, however, be aware that the game patches regularly, and things break as a result. There's usually a patch every Thursday, with a hotfix dropped on Friday. So if this week's patch is still unplayable for you and your buddies, you only have to wait a week until you roll the dice again!

If they break the game too much they're pretty quick about getting a fix out.

Edit: Did the changes to conveyors break Taleden's inventory script or is it just me?

Ultimate Shrek Fan fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 18, 2016

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Prawned posted:

Been playing spergineers for many moons now so bugs is fine, but finding your base exploded every 2-3 days is kinda unplayable. If, broadly speaking, the game plays well and your poo poo stays in place I'll be pretty happy.

Whoa. I never had this happen to me. I guess I'm just lucky

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
If I'm playing with the gravel ore separator(thanks goon that made it) then I just play default but otherwise you've got to building yourself a big ship and a little miner.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
You can tell the dude who is explaining the new animation system in depth has never been on camera before/doesn't do a lot of public speaking, he doesn't know what to do with his hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8PP3QU7wjI&t=32s

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Firos posted:

The main issue with the last goon MP server I played on was that everyone was so far away from eachother. If there was an easy way to get everyone toward a central "hub" in space or whatever, then I imagine it'd be a bit more engaging. For me at least I guess.

Speed of light mod, someone calls out their gps coords everyone else straps a pilot seat, reactor and gyro on the biggest engine they've got and fly to that person. Unless you're playing survival then I guess you're hosed.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Speed has nothing to do with it, you just need enough force from your thrusters :eng101:.

Then how about so it doesn't take 20 minutes to get anywhere.

EM thruster mod best mod. It's hilariously op

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Haha holy poo poo how does a developer let their license lapse? Serious question.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I somehow made a ship that defies planetary gravity. It just floats upwards nice and slowly

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

TescoBag posted:

When I add more to tye front it starts pitching backwards. How would you work it out exactly and how do you account for cargo weight if you have to be this precise?

Shouldn't the gyro be taking care of this?

The only thing gyros affect iirc is turn speed.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I have the lastest drivers for my graphics card but every time I try to launch it tells me that it's unable to initialize my graphics card

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Give it another try, looks like a hotfix droped an hour or so ago. You never know :shrug:.

No dice

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo do they have any word on this Nvidia card bug yet? I have a GTX 9 something and every time I try to launch the drat game it tells me my graphics card isn't good enough and that it can't initialize.

This is the second time since launch that I have been unable to play.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Parachutes could open up some pretty fun disposable explorer drones

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Goon made as well, iirc.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=598415416

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Section Z posted:

This is a cool sounding mod that doesn't deserve it's latest comment to be "This feels OP. How about you change your Mod meant to stop a waste material from being useless ejection fodder, into creating a brand new custom Slag waste material meant to be useless ejection fodder! :downs:"

I can't play planetary starts without it. It's definitely not OP as you have to mine a fair amount of stone then refine it to gravel then run it through the separator. I mean, if you're running a hundred of them and mining nothing but stone, sure it's OP. But if you use one or two to get yourself off of the planet it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
No, he definitely wants to make the most powerful AI in the world.

https://www.goodai.com/

• Locked thread