Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Walton Simons posted:

Coming to an end of my CK2 game, EU4 goes 50% off. Could convert my save, could just go again with what I've learned.

Hmmm....

Ahhhhhh guess I'm selling some csgo skins today

Is it a day sale I'm at work right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The General posted:

I've started as Sigurgr of.. uhh. Pre-Sweden, in the CM start. I've amassed all of Sweden, and probably all of Finland, and Norway My problem is, I have no idea what the hell to do about Elective Gavelkind, and the eleven or so titles I'm going to lose when I die?

Reform faith then form the empire of Scandinavia

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
1066 Khazar led to a v good LP that is still running. Check it out

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3622095

oh poo poo i was wrong they started in 867 drat. Great LP though.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I Love You! posted:

So i have a problem.

My previous ruler's queen wife has been murdering all my spymasters.

I can't imprison her legally for it. I can't ask her to end plot. I can't plot against her (no Valid Plot when I try).

Now she killed my heir. I can't imprison her for it. I can't plot against her. I can't plot against the new heir that is not of my dynasty (No Valid Plot).

Is this a bug or can I really just not interact with anyone related to the crown in the current version? She appears to be invincible.

Imprison anyway. Take the hit to tyranny and hold you get her or she fucks off to somewhere else. poo poo f that Spy On her

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I Love You! posted:

I mean that's the plan I was just wondering if there was a reason I cannot do any of the other things and she seems immune to being caught

Oh yeah idk certain things in ck2 piss me off like that.

I'm an EMPEROR who holds the title of HEAD OF X RELIGION and you're telling me I cant toss this dumb gently caress in prison? Gtfo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

isn't imprisoning them enough?

no

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The issue with imprisonment is that generally when you can do it, you get one "free" action against that person - and imprisonment itself counts. So you can throw them in jail but then you're stuck because you've used up your freebie so you either leave them to rot or just let them out (or ransom them if they have a title). Banishment is basically never "free" because even when you do get cause to revoke a title, banishment counts as a revocation for EACH title you strip from them. Execution oddly enough is considered less tyrannical than banishment most of the time.

Banish gains $ while execution gains rivals

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The General posted:

I save them up for the Blot. My dungeons are stacked, and anybody not rich enough to walk is sacrificed to the gods.

yesssss

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Excelzior posted:

actually, you only get their money if they do not have a valid heir now

yet another change implanted solely to slow down world conquest attempts :sigh:

*fart noise*

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My emperor of Scandinavia run came to odd point. My Emperor dies and 3 kingdoms go to the son I wanted to be. The empire and fylkriate stays with my new player character.

I have one county and my brother is running all our ancestor's hard work >:c

I'm not even his Liege! How!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Moridin920 posted:

Gavelkind?

Elective Monarchy.

Went from Scandinavia to Sweden. Just Sweden no Norge no Denmark no Finland.despite all those being created kingdoms under Scandinavia

And me with my one county empire.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Veryslightlymad posted:

You got an old save you can look at the laws/elections screen of all of your titles?

yeah I'll take a look when I get home.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm tribal Sunni Ghana in the 1066 start is there a reason I'm not seeing as to why it says the mosque in my personal demense is of wrong holder type?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bloodly posted:

Because you're still tribal.

Lame

W/e that's all it does so idc

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Anyone wanna tell me why Free Warrior retinues are bad?

Tryna keep myself as West African as possible minus the whole Convert to Sunni at 99% lost war score.

loving Umayyads

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
769 Ghana start is brutal.

Just mash poo poo until you can make kingdom of Mali then go whole hog on prestige buildings for as far as I can tell 150 years.

I hosed up by taking two counties from the Umayyads and they want it back but I did the gamey 99% lost so convert to attacker religion. V glad EVERYONE is west African so I can get murdered/ pick a good son.

Current guy has strong so that helps.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Promontory posted:

Thanks for the Fraticelli advice. Sadly there's no way to get to Italy in my game: half of it is ruled by the HRE, there's no claims on the Papacy, and nobody from Sicily wants to join my court. I observed the 16-year old king of Sicily get deposed, sent him money and invited him, but nah, he's got no reason to move. :sigh: Shame there's no "challenge the church" casus belli for heretics.

you could make one!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Yes, I am. :smug:

Also, it's not a Byzantophile mod, you retard. It's an Islamophile mod.

Its going to be good and I'm gonna play it

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Moreau posted:

Is anyone able to explain the mysteries of battle resolution? I just lost 7000 men, and got a -20% warscore malus. I then promptly destroyed the opposing 12000 army, and got a +1% warscore malus. This seems a little unfair!

you made up for the lost 20%

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My Merchant Republic Of Tir Teiroghan or w/e has a neat thing that happened.

I have a bit of kin scattered across Ireland. This guys original liege had converted to Sunni 30~ years ago. He was holy warred by Gwenyyed who just took the county I guess because now my family seems to have an independent mosque. We don't rule over it but hey we did set up a trade expedition with him lol

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
How do I even get after the end to work? What version are you guys running

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

bgreman posted:

I just downloaded the master zip file from their github and then extracted it into my mod directory, which was something like C:\Users\<my user>\My Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod. This is the bleeding edge, most updated version but may have all kinds of work-in-progress weirdness/bugs. The most recent actual release is 0.5. Reddit Paradox Forums

I have put way more time into After the End than I have vanilla. It's a really good mod.

Hm. I did this but ur always crashes to desktop when it finishes 'Flags' at the loading screen

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

bgreman posted:

Do you happen to be on a Mac?

Nope. PC. Do I need to uncheck some DLC? I have all of them and make sure to use the mod DLC with After the End.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

bgreman posted:

No, it should work with all DLC. Do you have any of the portrait packs? After the End includes the ability to use some of them for some cultures, but if you don't have the associated portrait pack you have to disable that submod in the launcher. For example, I don't have Sunset Invasion, so I have to disable the After the End Sunset Invasion Portraits, which means my Native Americans don't get the proper portraits but oh well.

Nope got all those. Might just big a goofy little thing probably.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Hope the Rival CB can be modded into pagan cultures.

Take my wife I loving dare you because now I WILL take your lands

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
minor title menu yessssss

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Good

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

867 Khazars are still Nomads and still Jewish. Nomads seem to instantly convert any nomadic province, so you shouldn't have the pagan revolts from hell anymore.

No but people really want you loving dead still.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Groogy posted:

It is? Only thing I've seen are CTD's caused by mods or corrupt game folders (i.e quick and dirty modding).
I would love to know what you do to consistently make the game CTD?

Windows had to update

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Do I just park my horde on poo poo I own with the loot modifier on to pillage?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Krataar posted:

How are people wiping settlements off the map? Is there a way to do that I'm missing. Also whats a faster way to increase my population?

Own a non nomadic yourself. It'll give you an alert to pillage it

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm v happy that as a nomad I have The City of Ganja as my vassal :cool:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
e: :420:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

I don't know if this is a bug or not (crusader kings.txt right there) but when you do the multiple pillaging thing to clear out holdings does anyone end up getting really long loops where you get a Sunni revolt, then a liberation revolt, then the sunni revolt again, so on and so forth until you get literally 100k death stacks in Khiva?

I'm on my 8th Sunni revolt in Dunbera or w/e some province where Georgia could be and I did burn all those holdings down as well. I'm also Jewish Khazaria so it could just be me having only 33% MA vs 65% Sunni MA

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

The Cheshire Cat posted:

You're almost certainly going to be invaded at some point because Venice is de jure part of the Byzantine empire - the trick is really just having a large enough defensive force that they can't actually capture you. Venice is insanely easy to defend - as a one county island any attackers will have to come it at 50% morale with a big "attacking from sea" combat penalty on top of that, and the AI is pretty bad at naval campaigns so it's very unlikely to hit you with its full force all at once.

Basically you won't be able to stop them from attacking you, but you should be able to wait out their invasion without much trouble.

I won't even touch the Byzantines because of that. I hate putting 2.4k good troops on boats while wrangling allies and trying to arrange my troops. When I play games with island vassals I just make sure their happy so I don't have to dick around and transport thousands of troops to some bum gently caress Island

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Is attrition bugged? I've had to split the horde as 20k in one province doesn't always work. But now I have an 11k and an 9k unit and they move into a province and bam supply goes from

Nvm I just realized it was winter... man political map mode in the steppes is dangerous when ur not used to caring about seasons.

RIP HORSE GUYS I'll never get above 20k at this rate. I'd be like at least 50k deep in soldiers if I just remembered the goddamn winter. Gonna need more fur maker buildings I guess

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also forgetting your max reinforcing horde and your down 400 prestige because -50 a month is unstoppable

e: I need to get these faction wars to pop then disband most of my prestige troops and fill them back up with gold based troops. Tributary wars are so easy to win I have way to much gold most of the time

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Buschmaki posted:

Did invasions always flip the culture and religion of the lands you take? I was playing as a rump Bolghar khaganate in Perm after the cumans took my poo poo, Invaded Cumania like 5 years later and now almost everything in the steppe are sunni bolghar provinces.

Nomads instant change religion and culture in empty lands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Any tips for the Latin Empire start? Not really sure where to go with these event troops

• Locked thread