Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
I started a new game after a break from playing, and I've been getting a lot of events about catching my vassal with one of my courtiers. So I take a look at my court and...

all of my unmarried female courtiers are pregnant. :stare:

By this dirty old man:

I've just played two years!

I want to mod in a "Registered Sex Offender" honorary title to give him, requiring him to stay 1000 yards away from my castle and courtiers at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

FreudianSlippers posted:

Shouldn't the Tribe of the Mouse in After the End be Consumerist?

You know since they're literally Disney.

That might be a good idea in order to provide a Consumerist start. I've never seen Consumerism catch on anywhere, though I haven't played many games.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
How can I edit a marriage in a savefile to be matrilineal?
My eldest daughter and heir has remarried after her husband died and decided on a regular marriage (nevermind that female AI rulers almost never accept a regular marriage...). I'm trying to edit the save file so that her marriage is matrilineal by adding "succession=yes" under her husband's id= number in her relationship section (rel_daughterID=). Basically following the instructions here: http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Save-game_editing#Marriage

However, every time I reload the save after editing, the marriage is still regular, regardless of whether I put the spouse_id = { succession=yes } section in her part or her husband's part, or both.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Dallan Invictus posted:

The instructions in the wiki are correct (I do that to edit marriages all the time) so you are messing up somehow. From your description my guess is that you're getting the structure of the new section wrong.

Basically, the save game has a massive brace-block section called "relations" (or maybe it's "relation"?) that stores various relations and diplo modifiers for all characters. Anywhere in that section, you need to find or create a section called "diplo_<husbandID>". Inside that section, you need another section called <wifeID>, and inside that you put the "succession=yes".

It should look like this:

code:
relation=
{
(...)
diplo_<husbandID>= 
{
	<wifeID>=
	{
		succession=yes
	}
}
(...)

Ah, I left out the "diplo_" part. I fixed that and now it's working, thanks!

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
I've coming back to CK2 after almost a year. What's the rundown on the new-ish expansions (the ones not listed in the outdated OP)?
Namely:

Jade Dragon (guess this is only useful if you're playing a nomad through Horse Lords or otherwise near China? Can you play China?)
Monks and Mystics
The Reaper's Due (health and plagues?)
Conclave (has poor reviews, worth it?)

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Technowolf posted:

Jade Dragon - You can actually interact with Chine in India, Tibet, the Steppes, or anywhere on the Silk Road, which can subtly change the dynamics of any nation in those areas. China is an off-map power, but they do have the on-map "Western Protectorate" you can play.

Monks and Mystics - adds secret societies for characters to join. Really only useful for Christians/Muslims unless you're going for false conversion shenanigans.

Reapers Due - expanded health and diseases. Fairly useful, but can be skipped.

Conclave - massively changes how the Council, child education, and ambitions work. Really makes the whole game better. Poor reviews are most likely because it's a lot tougher to build Nietchzean supermen every generation now.

Thanks! Looks like I'll pick them up during the Christmas sale.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Are there any good event pack mods that just add events to the Way of Life events and/or childhood events? Those all get kinda repetitive, but I don't want to play a mod that changes everything like CK2+.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Conclave is really fun and makes internal politics meaningful. It's usually no longer just "appoint the highest stat guy as advisor" - you have to weigh who can do the job vs. who you piss off by not appointing them, and how they will vote on the council.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Owing favors would be okay if it was limited to gifts or votes, but since they can also force a matrilineal marriage on your heir, never owe a favor.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Various Meat Products posted:

This may have been changed at some point, but right now according to the wiki you can't use favors to force a marriage on someone's heir, and you can't force a matrilineal marriage unless it's your relative that's the groom.

Yeah, it was a while ago, maybe 6 months or a year.
It was the first time I played a game with Conclave, too.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
How do I play nomads?
I started as Kirghiz in the Viking Age start (with an unlocked ruler designed king with good stats), but dunno how to go all Genghis on everyone. Looks like nomads have a CB to take any adjacent province, and can either war for a whole de jure kingdom once a life, or if their pop is above a threshold. What's the general strategy for expansion and kicking settled people rear end?

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
I like the idea of a Templar KoJ. Make a save backup and give it a shot.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
I tried playing Arp Aslan last night. I beat the Romans to take Armenia and a few other counties, but their army reinforces at 1000+ men a month until 5000 men so I had to end the war early. Arp got brained in battle though.

Also, I had no idea WTF was going on in my realm. Vassals fighting and killing each other all over the place, but as long as it didn't interfere with my war, I say go nuts. Wish I could get an advisor to give me an executive summary of my current vassal situation though. Like a medieval PPT presentation.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
I chop-chop, blot-blot all my prisoners.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Depends on play styles.
For example, I don't mind gavelkind because it leads to fun with fratricide, and even if my current character loses, his successor is still my dynasty so I don't lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Wait, and didn't they add 2 more counties there for some horrible reason?

The Papar were anchorites: they left the Island when the Norse arrived there and were never more than a few dozen at most.

I'm sure there's mods that will add like 20 provinces to Iceland.

• Locked thread