Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Pimpmust posted:

There's a big rear end Warhammer overhaul mod too, although so far I've only managed to get my rear end handed to me.

We got your regular northern savages

Your green savages

(half the time I just scroll through courtiers looking for funny names)

Other guys

Many elves

(still think adding them was a mistake)

Not pictured: skeleton dudes, lizard dudes, arabian dudes, pirates, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

FreudianSlippers posted:

Are the steppe horse nomads really called Ungols in Warhammer?

The ones in not-Russia/Poland/Lithuania are, they're natives to the region. There are actual Hunnic/Turkic/Mongolian horse nomads who live on the north pole and worship evil.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Oh cool daemon portraits are on their way in now

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

ZombieLenin posted:

This was finished? Interesting. Way more exciting than GoT, which I thought would be cool.

Too bad 7 giant kingdoms in one empire wasn't actually to my particular liking. I much prefer a real variety of feudal states and working my way up from count, which used to be impossible in GoT because of crown laws--I think they fixed it.

In any case, glad to see there is new DLC coming out. I was beginning to feel like CK2 was being put on Paradox's back burner.

You think there should be some more fragmentation in the Empire to start with, then?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I was wondering how that mod handled cross-race marriages/children. I'm guessing by this screenshot that it pretty much doesn't.

When you start you choose between "Don't gently caress goblins" and "Yes I want to do that"

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I bought this game, but i dont know if i want to play it now that i've seen that skeletons mod that was never finished.

My friend have you heard of tomb kings

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

ZombieLenin posted:

I don't even feel comfortable giving that kind of feedback at this point. I haven't played the GoT mod since maybe 4 months after its launch.

So my advice would be based on a pretty drat old version of that mod; however, in principle, sure. The problem is, even though it's a "fantasy" mod, you need to stick pretty close to GRRMs well established lore.

Meaning, I think, unless you do some Old Republic poo poo, you're stuck with relatively large kingdoms.

Oh, I meant in Geheimnisnacht with the various pseudo-Emperors in the Empire. I tried to set it up so there was a mix of smaller and larger realms.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zbqbc75ws30g584/geheimnisnacht_0.5.1.zip

Or steam
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=406933979

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Did you get version 0.6? That went up just now.

Download link here: http://www.mediafire.com/?y3e1kjfhkf41xxk

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 20, 2015

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Charlz Guybon posted:

I downloaded the mod with steam, is it going to automatically update? Or do I need to do it manually?

I think subscribing should keep it updated, easy way to tell in game is if Lustria has been filled with terrain details.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Ahh I was just thinking that line.

What's next for Sonendar?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

:captainpop:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Just a regular old Emperor who woke up one day with giant bug eyes. Unless he's been dabbling in some secret mischief, looks like it was entirely random and undeserved.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Reveilled posted:

Does the After the End mod make natural deaths more likely? I've been playing it a bit and I'm noticing characters routinely dying natural deaths in their 60s far more frequently than is my usual experience in vanilla CK2.

I checked and it uses the same default age-based death chances, but it's entirely possible other things added by the mod could be causing deaths at different points.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I think it could go either way. Given how diseases spread, there'd be a plague of plaguebearers if it always transformed you.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Neat, what's your capital/top realm?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Apparently there was a canal from the Nile to the Red Sea, but it was abandoned presumably because it was too much work to maintain.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Is there a way to view regions in-game as a map setting? Wasn't that in one of the dev diaries?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Why is Venice part of de jure ERE?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
"force breed"

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I can't figure out why my mod keeps crashing at the "loading flags" screen. The Validator keeps telling me poo poo like "Dynasty 88 is not connected, but has groups [238, 248, 251, 253, 255, 237, 249, 250, 252, 254] [268] [239] [269]" and I have no clue what that means. It does that for a few of the dynasties I've done but other than that type of error I'm getting just simple "needs a legit bastard trait" stuff that shouldn't cause it to CtD

That particular dynasty error isn't a crasher, but it means that you have multiple characters with the same dynasty, without being in the same 'family'. So if you had two characters in the von Dorfmark dynasty, you would have to make one the child of the other.

The Loading Flags error could be a lot of things, I assume you've already tried deleting the gfx cache. One crash inducing thing is if you set a character in history with a death date after the mod's end date. Weird, I know.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

NewMars posted:

You sir are decisively incorrect, for after all, do the warboys not live to die historic and be witnessed, so that they may mcfeast in Valhalla? They are obviously Norse. :colbert:

Er... actually, in fact, they're mentioned in the creation text for the Norse Holy Order.

(I know this because I made that holy order :ssh:)

I was this close to making the Australian culture Mad Max style crazies but decided to make them relatively normal Aborigines.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Strudel Man posted:

Huh. One of my duke vassals is becoming independent when they successfully press a claim on an enemy county. That's odd, and also annoying.

Wulfhere Wulfheresson :3:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Strudel Man posted:

Just went and checked - it's been Wulfheres for the last four generations.

It's Wulfheressons all the way down.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
That's one big yurt.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Arbite posted:

Darn, turns out you can't use the character creator in Geheimisnacht. Now how am I supposed to create my Omega Mega Blood Dragon?

You can use the creator to set up a unique character, but because immortality traits (such as vampire traits!) don't work when applied from the creator, you'll have to add them via the console once the game has started. I think you want vampire_blood_dragon for one thing.

In particular the biggest complaint/question was that custom made vampires, elves, etc would die of old age, so the whole traits list was removed so IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE now.

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 16, 2015

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

NewMars posted:

So what's the opinion on the warhammer mod? I'm actually pretty blown away by how many races and locations have stuff going for them. Though the bugs are there, especially with the tomb kings currently.

It's very good and cool and everyone should play it.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The dots are oasis-type regions in the desert I guess. A fancier, less intuitive way of making a province.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Coming soon:

Sexy pirates

And sexy vampires

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I wonder what these unique systems are that just don't work.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
You mean like each province is a perfect square connected to adjacent squares? Would this use the default map (grid-based Eurasia)?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Autonomous Monster posted:

That's a lot of provinces in Ethiopia :eyepop:

:sbahj:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

FutonForensic posted:

I would but I also had the Warhammer mod installed and I think the overlay from that is fuckin' up Elder Kings somehow and making it crash. Portraits are all jacked up.

What do you mean, you're running the two mods at the same time? You're not supposed to do that.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

FutonForensic posted:

No that's not what I mean. Actually I don't know what I mean. I'm confused and scared because everything looks like this

How did you install each mod?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I don't really think it's so outrageous.

What's really outrageous is that someone is making a Mars mod, and it isn't planetary romance :smugjones:

e:

The exciting world of far-future Mars.

:smugjones:

Finally we'll be able to declare MARTIAN LAW

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
More specifically, a portion of the Sahara desert was turned into a dense, powerful region far stronger than the next most powerful one (Byzantine/Eastern Roman Empire) because of a bunch of historical aquifers and oasis that dried up a few generations later.

Adding detail to an often ignored area like Africa? Sure, cool, good. Making the central Sahara more densely populated and richer than the Roman Empire? Hmm, maybe too far.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Raserys posted:

If anyone here is in the After the End dev team, please add more nomads on the great plains, it doesn't even have to be the Lakotah, just add Platte, Iowa, and Kickatus

Also, Alaska when, tia

I'd be able to add Alaska and Newfoundland really easily if we didn't use Mercator map projection :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Angry Salami posted:

I figure if you add Zorastrian incest to the mod, it should be an Occultist thing - weird twisted families works well as a Lovecraftian homage, and the increased chance of Lunatic works well for them too.

I agree, adding it for the deep south or Appalachia would just be lazy stereotyping.

Occultists are more like Lovecraftian investigators. So they don't worship the Old Ones, but they are aware of them and try really hard to not get destroyed by them.

Raserys posted:

I haven't played a game far enough, do any of the other Pacific invasions fire or is it still just the Japanese? The Ozlanders would be a great biker horde, or at least potentially have special car retinues

I'm not entirely sure how many have actually been given events to make them appear but the total overseas cultures are British, Hawaiian, Brazilian, Singaporean, Yuehai (Cantonese), Edokko (Japanese), Novorusskiy (Russian), Ozlander (Aboriginal Australian), Kinh (Vietnamese), Tagalog (Filipino), and... Nigerian.

• Locked thread