Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Groogy posted:

Own Sons of Abraham or mod the converter
Note though that most of the heresies don't get any interesting. I don't think I've added unique bonuses to Yazidi or Zikri but I don't remember for sure. I mostly did unique bonuses for the Christian religions.

Hey Groogy, are you going to take another shot at converting development levels now that EUIV has a new development system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Groogy posted:

Nah the core problem still remains and that is the flatness of CK2 at the end game. EU4 was never the problem but the problem was that no matter what I did the provinces would end up with way too high/low values and very very flat.

So what you're saying is, building/internal development DLC next? :getin:

Torrannor posted:

Anybody else hate it when you are on your normal tour raiding the rich Byzantine coastline, and they once again have a massive civil war with several dozen armies swarming all over the place? How is a viking supposed to make a living under these conditions?!

Go to Italy instead?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

If you're super salty about province borders, you could always try the Data Driven Map mod.

I don't think it changes anything but the province borders, and yes, it puts Pest on the Danube.

Schlesische posted:

Implying any of the map anomalies will ever be fixed by non-modder sources.

You never know. If they are going to add China they'll probably end up having to reproject the map, which would entail a complete rework. I wouldn't like to be the intern stuck with that job, believe me.

Actually, if they are adding China, that projection the DDM guy is using (the Albers equal-area) is probably the one to go with.

It's equal-area, has startlingly little distortion of shape between the standard parallels, and can fit basically every relevant part of the old world onto the map without also losing swathes of real estate to outer Siberia or wherever.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

Adding China to this game is just an atrocity of a terrible idea for a zillion reasons.

Maybe, but Paradox seem determined to keep pushing the boundaries out, both chronologically and geographically. That genie isn't going back in its bottle. I figure the effort's better spent pushing to make it the best possible Old World 476-1453 simulator than trying to stop it altogether.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Torrannor posted:

Did anybody seriously expect a bigger map expansion? It was always clear that they would only expand a very small bit to better model the Mongols, adding China was always out of the question.

Just to be clear, no, I didn't; I was thinking in terms of future expansions.

Paradox was never going to add China as a sideshow in the Mongols DLC, come on.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Clanpot Shake posted:

This doesn't mention anything about the retinue buildings. If I'm not going to build my cultural retinue, should I build the building?

More mans is always better.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Anyone else reading these patch notes?

About a billion different things in here so just a few things that caught my eye:

quote:

- Revised the pagan Subjugation CB so that it completely subjugates the target but no Holdings change hands

- Flank leaders are now entirely separated from subunit leadership.
- Subunits are affected by the combat modifier of both subunit commanders and the flank leader.

- Women can now gain the Crusader trait under the same circumstances that men do.

- Reworked create Hungary decision to spawn a set amount of troops and to set your government to feudal.

- You'll no longer try to talk to your dead children when you have the family focus.
- Fixed that bedtime stories can no longer be told to dead children
- Your sparring partner no longer wields a limb-creating healing stick when he accidentally hits you.
- You can no longer arrange a ball in the dungeons.

- The ai no longer tries to straighten up dynasty members when there's a player in the dynasty that has the opportunity to take the decision.

- The strategist trait now has a combat modifier for 20% defence.
- The hunter trait now has a combat modifier for 20% bonus during pursue phase.
- The administrator trait now has a combat modifier for 10% movement speed.
- The architect trait now has a combat modifier for 20% bonus to sieges.
- The game master trait now has a combat modifier for 30% bonus to narrow flanks.

- The Yazidi Sheikh and Hurufi Caliph now have access to the Muslim subjugation CB and the Jihad CB.

- Discovering two vassals of the same sex engaging in carnal activities during pagan feasts no longer let's the liege join in on the fun.

- Character Finder: The 'Married' filter now excludes concubines too
- Character Finder: Councillors now correctly show up too!

- Blocked impregnation by female lovers or modded female 'husbands'

- Fixed serious bug with event target 'FROM', preventing, among other things, the claim fabrication job

- Anglo-Saxons are now also allowed to create the Kingdom of Saxony

- The 'intermarry' field in religions can now take religion group as well as a specific religion
- Zun pagans can now properly intermarry with the Zoroastrian and Indian religion groups

- Landless AI religious heads are not prevented from starting crusades anymore.

- Wrong government type tax/levy/garrison modifiers are now applied multiplicatively just before calculating the final tax/levy/garrison values instead of adding them to other modifiers.

- Can now call friends to war
- Can no longer use mercenaries against rulers that are their friends
- Can no longer use mercenaries who are rivals against you

- Can now build tribal lands in empty provinces which has no tribal land

- AI will now properly raid coastal provinces when not having the religion flag allow_viking_invasion.
- Added flag seafarer in culture and religion files, helping the AI to determine if coastal provinces is preferred when raiding.

- It is now possible to switch county capitals if you hold both the current county capital and the barony you wish to become the new capital.
- Tribals can now also adopt feudalism and become a merchant republic if their capital is a castle (for becoming feudal) or a city (for becoming a merchant republic).

- Rebalanced troop stats:
- Light Infantry - Skirmish Attack reduced to 1 (down from 2).
- Light Infantry - Skirmish Defense reduced to 2 (down from 2.5).
- Light Infantry - Melee Attack reduced to 1 (down from 3).
- Light Infantry - Pursue Attack reduced to 2 (down from 3).
- Light Infantry - Pursue Defense reduced to 2 (down from 3).
- Heavy infantry - Skirmish Defense increased to 4 (up from 3).
- Light Cavalry - Skirmish Attack reduced to 2 (down from 2.5).
- Archer - Maintenance increased to 2 (up from 1).
- Archer - Skirmish Attack reduced to 2 (down from 5).
- Archer - Skirmish Defense reduced to 1 (down from 3).
- Horse Archer - Skirmish Defense reduced to 2 (down from 4).
- Horse Archer - Melee Attack reduced to 1 (down from 3).
- Horse Archer - Melee Defense reduced to 2 (down from 4).​

- Spanish March: Duchy of Barcelona is now de jure Aquitaine in 867 instead of Duchy of Aragon.

- AI Mongol Horde will now properly avoid fighting other Mongol Hordes while they still have their special invasion forces.

That last bit about the unit stats especially; archers/assaults just got the poo poo nerfed out of them.

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 8, 2015

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

Also you'll notice that the already nigh-useless light infantry has been even further rendered harmless.

Well, you're getting three or more of them for one of anything else.

...more meat for the grinder :unsmigghh:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Torrannor posted:

I wonder where those will be. Will this connect previously unreachable islands? Socotra? Gotland?

I hope not, Socotra's unreachability is the only reason it survives for more than half a microsecond.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Groogy posted:

Its the "Abduction" modifier and I think its -50 opinion and every single family member also hates your guts.

Does that count as a valid duel reason?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

The AI should definitely be a lot more aggressive about arranging betrothals--in that period many children of notable noble houses were betrothed literally from the cradle, or not very long after. (Actually marriages were often completed when the people involved were 12 or 13 or even younger, but that's not represented in the game for obvious and understandable reasons.)

I'm not sure if that's unworkable for resource reasons, though.

I think it may be unworkable for gameplay reasons. If the AI is too aggressive about snapping up choice proposals then it's going to be very difficult for a player to compete. Similar problem to Advisers in EU3 before they implemented that whole culture/buying advisers on demand thing.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Groogy posted:

Its the "Abduction" modifier and I think its -50 opinion and every single family member also hates your guts.

Actually, do friends care about their friends being abducted/murdered etc? It seems like they should but now that I think about it I don't know if I've ever seen it happen.

Of course, friends are pretty rare, so maybe it has and I just didn't notice.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Midnight Voyager posted:

"Hey, when I die, you'll inherit my poo poo too."

I had an infuriating case of "I have a secret bastard son and no male heirs." That is the situation I am thinking of.

This would make the seduction focus ridiculously overpowered. Seed bastards around the place, wait for them to inherit, legitimise them, and suddenly you own the entire universe.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Holy loving poo poo guys, it's not even 10 AM PST yet, which is usually when content drops. I'm expecting it to not work until then.

Just because you can pre-purchase something doesn't mean it's going to upload faster.

The DLC actually downloads; it's in the DLC folder. It just doesn't show up in the launcher, or load. :shh:

Paradox are actively working to fix it, so clearly they think it's a real problem.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

I can build a sheep! :haw:

GAZE UPON THE GLORIES OF THE HORDE!

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Randarkman posted:

I wonder how moddable government types are and if it possible to add new ones with different features that are playable. Gut tells me yes.

I checked it out and it looks pretty straightforward. This is a standard Christian feudal government, for example (in common/governments/feudal_governments.txt):

code:
feudal_government = {
	preferred_holdings = { CASTLE }
	allowed_holdings = { 
		CASTLE 
		FORT
	}
	allowed_holdings_culture = { # Will not get the wrong government type penalty for tribes of the same culture
		TRIBAL
	}
	accepts_liege_governments = { # Gets the wrong religion modifier instead
		muslim_government
	}
	free_revoke_on_governments_religion = { # Tribal vassals of other religions can have their titles revoked for free
		tribal_government
	}
	potential = {
		NAND = {
			controls_religion = yes
			NOT = { religion_group = muslim }
			NOT = { religion = norse_pagan_reformed }
		}
		NOT = {	religion_group = muslim	}
		is_patrician = no
	}

color = { 91 133 207 }

dukes_called_kings = yes
	barons_need_dynasty = yes

can_build_tribal = no

ignore_in_vassal_limit_calculation = {
		tribal_government
	}
}
Also, check out the merchant republics:

code:
merchant_republic_government = {
	preferred_holdings = { CITY }
	allowed_holdings = { 
		TRADE_POST
		CITY
		CASTLE
		FAMILY_PALACE
		FORT
	}
	allowed_holdings_culture = { # Will not get the wrong government type penalty for tribes of the same culture
		TRIBAL
	}
	accepts_liege_governments = { # Accepts other republics
		republic_government
	}
	free_revoke_on_governments_religion = { # Tribal vassals of other religions can have their titles revoked for free
		tribal_government
	}
	frame_suffix = "_merchantrepublic"
	title_prefix = "city_"
	potential = {
		NAND = {
			controls_religion = yes
			NOT = { religion_group = muslim }
			NOT = { religion = norse_pagan_reformed }
		}
		is_female = no
		OR = {
			AND = {
				is_patrician = yes
				OR = {
					liege_before_war = {
						NOT = { character = PREV }
						is_merchant_republic = yes
						NOT = {
							liege_before_war = {
							}
						}
					}
					has_game_started = no
				}
			}
			AND = {
				OR = {
					AND = {
						has_game_started = yes
					}
					capital_scope = { port = yes }
				}
				higher_real_tier_than = count
				any_demesne_province = {
					always = yes
				}
				NOT = {
					liege_before_war = {
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}

color = { 250 0 0 }

merchant_republic = yes

can_imprison_without_reason = no
	can_revoke_without_reason = no
	can_usurp_kingdoms_and_empires = no
	have_gender_laws = no
	can_grant_kingdoms_and_empires_to_other_government = yes
	allows_matrilineal_marriage = no

can_build_tribal = no
}
See that "capital_scope = { port = yes }" line? 99% certain that commenting that out will instantaneously give you playable inland republics.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Schizotek posted:

So fun fact. You can set up an incredibly stable and powerful Zoroastrian empire in the Old Gods start date. Start as Yagbu and your sole other Clan is zoroastrian. Once you hit 50 piety, and good relations with him (go for blood oath) you can convert with no stupid penalties and all your holdings convert too. Murder the Persians and become the Messiah. Then murder the Greeks for another cheev.

It looks like fully-nomad provinces instantly convert to the religion/culture of whatever tribe holds them. Which is pretty cool.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

Only played for an hour last night but iirc the 'Yam' building is +1 trade post.

Yeah and also don't listen to this guy

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

That reminds me. I decided to invade Khiva and turn all the holdings into nomad provinces. This involves a lot of pillaging.

I came out one of the most advanced countries in the game and wealthy beyond imagining. My population cap doubled, and I became the most powerful of all the nomadic realms.

That said: Do not do this. I went through 30 rebellions in 5 years and I used the console a lot.

Those rebellions are paper thin and you can do it one province at a time. Burn Khiva to the loving ground :black101:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Fuligin posted:

I'd wait. The mechanics are fun but it's very ctd prone at the moment.

I haven't had a crash yet, FWIW. I think a lot of the problems people are having are with continuing old saves? Don't be a silly and continue old saves. Also, I am having a lot of fun being a big stompy horde stomping things and teaching those drat agriculturalists how to eat poo poo.

Also also, I just ran a pair of hands-off test games in 2.3.6 and 2.4.1 for 150 years each, trying to see what Groogy's performance gains have amounted to. The results are... not reassuring:

1.1.769 -> 2.1.794 in 15:48 (average 9.63 ticks/s; 1hr, 03m and 12s per century)
2.1.794 -> 1.1.819 in 22:57 (average 6.63 ticks/s; 1hr, 31m and 49s per century)
1.1.819 -> 2.1.844 in 26:29 (average 5.74 ticks/s; 1hr, 45m and 55s per century)
2.1.844 -> 12.3.869 in 29:03 (average 5.27 ticks/s; 1hr, 55m and 20s per century)
12.3.869 -> 1.1.894 in 31:34 (average 4.78 ticks/s; 2hr, 7m and 15s per century)
1.1.894 -> 1.1.919 in 32:44 (average 4.65 ticks/s; 2hr, 10m and 56s per century)

Average 5.75 ticks/s over 150 years.

1.1.769 -> 8.1.794 in 18:20 (average 8.30 ticks/s; 1hr, 13m and 17s per century)
8.1.794 -> 9.1.819 in 22:26 (average 6.78 ticks/s; 1hr, 29m and 43s per century)
9.1.819 -> 2.1.844 in 26:50 (average 5.66 ticks/s; 1hr, 47m and 25s per century)
2.1.844 -> 1.1.869 in 30:24 (average 5.00 ticks/s; 2hr, 01m and 37s per century)
1.1.869 -> 2.1.894 in 32:06 (average 4.74 ticks/s; 2hr, 08m and 23s per century)
2.1.894 -> 1.1.919 in 34:35 (average 4.40 ticks/s; 2hr, 18m and 21s per century)

Average 5.54 ticks/s over 150 years.

The difference (3.7%) is, a), in favour of 2.3.6, and b), so small as to be well within the margin of error. As far as I can tell, exactly nothing has changed vis a vis performance. Actually, I'm half-convinced that I didn't roll back to 2.3.6 properly.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Groogy posted:

Tell me what kind of setup you have

Right, sorry, forgot. Win 7 64-bit Pro, i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz, MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114MHz Core/1753MHz Memory.

e: Something odd did happen in the 2.3.6 game: the Abbablob exploded. Maybe that cut down on castration madness?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Goofballs posted:

2.36 is the version before the current one yeah?

I think so!

Broken Cog posted:

What happens if you burn down the temple in a holy site?

The county title becomes the holy site until a new temple holding is constructed, then it switches to that. It's in the patch notes, if you want to check.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

TTBF posted:

What's going on with prestige here? Retinues are maxed out and they're all cavalry. Can't figure it out.

The light cav horde units cost prestige to hire/reinforce/maintain.

Presumably to give cash-poor hordes a way to get a foot on the ladder.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Strudel Man posted:

Odd. After my Khan died and his brother took over, all the clans got a -373 opinion malus, "Weakness"

Reloaded when they all attacked me. We'll see if it happens again.

I think it's related to having a low martial score. Try switching to war focus?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

GSD posted:

Marco Polo, noted siege master.

Someone's been watching the Netflix series :haw:

Which I quite liked, despite some poor acting from the lead early on and some... less than wholly naturalistic plot beats. I think you need to approach it as a Wuxia flick.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Groogy posted:

Shouldn't matter, from what I can see with that setup you should be doing about 20-25 ticks a second unless I'm missing something. I have a i5-3570k at same speed but less cores and I do a month in ~1 second and a full year in ~12-13

:stare:

So I'm out by a factor of three? That's... there's got to be something weird going on here. Do I need to delete the cache? Do a clean reinstall? Could it be a driver problem? I haven't got a SSD, but it shouldn't be doing any loading anyway.

Wait, wait, hang on. When is that 20 t/s coming from? Just the opening year after you unpause? The game runs very very fast at that point, but performance drops off sharply afterwards. I wouldn't be surprised if I was getting performance like that in the first couple of years.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Groogy posted:

Maybe? I did two tests, one that was over 10 years span when game started and one with late game saves tests with also a 10 year span and both had improved significantly. If you let the game run any longer than even 5 years the random factor becomes too apparent and you can't deduce anything sensible from it. For instance I had a variance of ~12 seconds each run of 10 years, meaning that it could go either ~12 seconds faster or slower each time I ran depending on what the AI decided to do.

[Hmm. I mean, it's not the early game performance that's the problem here. Not for me, at least; it's when I get a century or two deep that things start to feel like they're dragging. When it starts to drop below 6t/s, just to pluck a number out of thin air.] e: oh, you were running five-years forward from late-game saves? That makes sense.

When I get home I'll try five-year tests.

quote:

I have a question, were you running with Autosaves and how often did it do autosaves? Because I believe with autosaves on they stand for more than 50% of the time for a year to pass. Luckily a few days ago I came up with a good way to optimize the saving process so we'll see if I get time in the near future to implement it.

Also a thing I noticed but wasn't really part of performance test was that my hands off overnights would cover several hundreds of years more than it did before. Either way I still have more stuff I can make better, right now I'm working on a new technique I call optimization through genocide (inspired from the mod that adds a decision that cleans out characters)

Autosaves: every five years. It didn't seem to take that long- I didn't time that specifically, but eyeballing it the "autosaving" message couldn't have been on screen for more than 2 or 3 seconds. Is the autosave process doing something in the background while the game is ticking forwards? This was uncompressed autosaves, btw.

Oh, I don't know if you've seen it, but there's a thread on the Pdox forums about this here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/anyone-else-having-performance-issues-in-the-current-patch.870181/

Including one guy who thinks I must be using a NASA supercomputer to get results like this. :stonklol:

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 16, 2015

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

Also you don't have walls to hide behind. A major battle loss and your capital sieged down can lose you a war pretty quickly.

I have a complaint about this which is, it seems that feudals have a much easier time conquering steppe land than nomads do. If you're defending against other nomads, well, in order to really make progress against you they need to either pin down your armies or siege down your capital/your vassal clans' capitals. So it's, not easy, necessarily, but not altogether difficult to dance your armies around and reverse any gains they do make. Feudals, on the other hand, can build forts. For basically nothing, and more or less instantaneously. So all those empty provinces that are really hard for a horde to keep control of suddenly need a siege to recapture the instant a feudal marches an army into them. Does that sound completely backwards to anyone else?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

TyrsHTML posted:

How do the nomad capital buildings work if you change where your capital is? Do they all just pack up and move with the capital to the new location?

Yes.

Larry Parrish posted:

It's how they did it IRL so it makes sense to me. Could stand to have them take longer to build, though.

True, I guess. Though that was a long term project... and post dates CK2's timeframe by a century or two.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah I just got Hungary in a Great Holy War and I want to burn it all down but my clans won't do it themselves and meanwhile I'm holding about 40 provinces while my next biggest clan has 18 and they're all mad about it.

Just let me burn it first guys drat.

So here's a neat trick: nomads do not care a single bit if you revoke titles from non-nomad vassals. So you can keep some feudal vassals around that basically just act as clearing houses for provinces you want to burn, and just take two or three provinces at a time from them to work on.

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 17, 2015

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Modding-savvy goons, how moddable does the Silk Road look? Does it look like it can be copied and duplicated to simulate other important overland trade routes such as the Sahara Trade?

There's a "Trade++" mod up on Steam already that looks like it does something like that.

Anyway, so. There's this interesting line in the 2.4.1 patch notes that got me thinking:

quote:

- Converting Tribal Holdings now also creates a City and Temple holding, if the province is big enough (enough Holding Slots)

I don't know exactly what the purpose of this change was, but I suspect it may have something to do with smoothing out the tribal -> feudal transition. That could be quite harsh, under the old system, as where a tribal holding gets +50% levies and income for every empty holding slot in its province, they all convert to the same poxy underdeveloped Castle.

After playing around with nomads, however, I think I might have a better solution to this problem. Burning provinces, specifically: when you burn a province as a nomad, you're stripping down holdings one at a time and turning them into pasture land. So there's this sort of process where a province starts out as X% settled and gradually transitions to 100% nomad. I am wondering if tribal feudalisation might not be modelled as the opposite process. So, rather than converting your tribal holding into a castle, the feudalisation decision creates a new castle holding in the province, gives you that as the new capital, and spins the tribe out as a new baron vassal under you. You're then free to build additional holdings in the province, slowing pushing the tribe out into more and more marginal land, and when all the slots are filled, then you can convert the tribal holding to a settled one. That gives you a much smoother gameplay experience- you're not losing all your tribe goodies at once, just converting a little piece- and gives you a much more nuanced and accurate simulation of the historical process.

You could, if you wanted, extend the system to empty holding slots in every provinces, so everywhere in the world is presented as suspended somewhere in a tribal/feudal/nomadic continuum.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Strudel Man posted:

Argh. Playing nomad really, really makes me wish that it still sorted provinces in the "grant title" window alphabetically, instead of whatever random order it has now. It's hell trying to give away specific provinces to the clans when you have over a hundred of them.

It's higher rank first and then by order of acquisition, I believe.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Strudel Man posted:

Oh, it's definitely rank first, but the within-rank order is as good as random. Seems to be some region-sorting; I have Greek provinces first, despite having acquired the Baghdad area earlier, though immediately recent acquisitions do seem to show up at the bottom. Alphabetical within rank would be better, though. At least as a toggle.

Let's be honest, titting around with different orderings is just putting a plaster on a bullet wound. A big scrollable list is a terrible interface for this poo poo, we need something else. Something like... a tree view? Maybe? Kingdoms as leaf nodes of Empires and so on. With multiple selection for easy mass-granting.

e: Or maybe we should have a "grant this title" option on the province right-click menu.

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 17, 2015

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

BgRdMchne posted:

How do you get to the minor title screen when there's no alert?

Council screen, button at the top right.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

lurksion posted:

HA retinues are half LC

Hordes can get 100% HA if they can afford it. Haven't tested how effective it is, though.

Strudel Man posted:

I tend to disagree, at least once you reach a decent size, because of supply limit considerations. A thousand units of heavy cavalry hit dramatically harder than a thousand units of LC.

And manpower limitations for hordes. You want maximum punch per mans.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

cock hero flux posted:

They're only destroyed if they have no upgrades. Pillaging destroys 4 upgrades and when there are less than 4 it destroys all of them.

2 in the beta patch. :negative:

Meanwhile on the Paradox forums: "What happened to the rape/torture mod?"

quote:

Well, regardless, I'll be throwing my First Night mod on here when I'm satisfied with it. Touchy or not, not having the ability to force breed is just silly and unrealistic.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

That's awesome. I really hate that Lunatic has so many cool unique events and options because I've never managed to get a Lunatic ruler without cheating or ruler designer. I was also kinda mad the only time the Joan of Arc event chain happened to me, my ruler happened to also be an unmarried, chaste, True Christian Knight with like 30 martial but the female knight always spawns as Celibate. I wanted to have a badass warrior queen for my badass warrior king. Oh well.

There is an event in the La Pucelle chain ("[From.GetFirstName] and the [Root.GetTitle]") where you can seduce her and she loses Celibate.

code:
narrative_event = {
	id = SoA.5357
	title = EVTNAME_SoA_5357
	desc = EVTDESC_SoA_5357
	picture = GFX_evt_daughter_asking_father
	border = GFX_event_narrative_frame_religion

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		name = EVTOPTA_SoA_5357
		hidden_tooltip = { narrative_event = { id = SoA.5358 } }
	}
	option = {
		name = EVTOPTB_SoA_5357
		piety = 30
		add_trait = zealous
		hidden_tooltip = { narrative_event = { id = SoA.5359 } }
	}
	option = {
		name = EVTOPTC_SoA_5357
		prestige = 30
		FROM = {
			prestige = -30
		}
		hidden_tooltip = { narrative_event = { id = SoA.5360 } }
	}
	option = {
		name = EVTOPTD_SoA_5357
		tooltip_info = lustful
		tooltip_info = cynical
		tooltip_info = intrigue
		trigger = {
			trait = lustful
			trait = cynical
			intrigue = 10
			is_female = no
		}
		random_list = {
			20 = {
				add_lover = FROM
				FROM = {
					remove_trait = celibate
					prestige = -50
					if = {
						limit = { has_nickname = nick_the_maid }
						give_nickname = nick_the_bold
					}
				}
				hidden_tooltip = { narrative_event = { id = SoA.5361 } }
			}
			80 = {
				hidden_tooltip = { narrative_event = { id = SoA.5362 } }
			}
		}
	}
}
I think she loses her ability to lead troops if you marry her, though.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Weren't Saints in CK1? Or was that something that DVIP added?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

I've always thought they should do more with dynasties. Mostly in terms of cadet branches and some sort of "legitimacy" mechanic tied to how long your dudes have been holding a title, but LP's dynastic character idea sounds rad as gently caress so let's do that too. Maybe overhaul dynastic prestige, too? In a lot of ways it seems like a better scoring mechanism for how the game wants to to play than the actual scoring mechanism. Nuance it up a bit and it could go a long way.

Sounds like enough meat to build a DLC around, to me. What do you think, Groogs? "Crusader Kings II: In The Blood"?

And then after that we can get an expansion fleshing out all the religions that haven't been fleshed out yet. :getin:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

If by that you mean "Add even more flavor to the Norse", then yes, I'm sure Groogy can do that.

god

dammit :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Groogy posted:

Flavor for Suomenusko or Slavic? Over my dead body :black101:
Romuva is cool though

I was thinking Manichean and Yadziki, actually, but Slavic can come too. :colbert:

Also, what the gently caress is this about :

Galle posted:

It gets better! Government types aren't saved properly. They're recalculated when the game is loaded.

Argh.

Government being dynamically evaluated instead of statically defined and manipulated with "set_government_type =" commands is making it a modding nightmare.

• Locked thread