Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Why make a new thread with an op that is entirely out of date? Nothing on there is current at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ofaloaf posted:

Okay, wait a minute, that wasn't there before.

That one is good, because the AI can't handle embarking units. I tried playing a Sicily game in the Charlemagne start and intentionally stay a vassal King in the Byz. Every time the Emperor would raise levies, he'd get about 20k from me and then slooooowly march them up to the alps and back down into the Balkans or the more insane route through France, Spain and across North Africa to fight in Egypt.

This somewhat accommodates that problem but the AI really really needs to learn naval action. Across all Paradox games. I've never seen the AI do a decent naval action in the HOI, EU, CK or Vicky franchises.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Byzantium tends to do that if you roll back to Orthodox. I find if Iconoclast stays dominate they start blitzing up into the Balkans. It was actually interesting watching Constantine V in my latest game actually recreate his actual reign almost note for note in my last game.

Unfortunately the game runs like rear end for me nowadays even at day 1 so I'm done with CK2 until I get a new computer. When the game released I could run it at max speed a get decent results up to the final day. Now I'm getting 2 seconds per day now at day 1. :(

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
No more provinces, I'm super serial about this guys. No More.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Is the "Forbid to Lead Armies" button broken in CK2Plus? My guy seems to get called up for every stupid peasant rebellion and minor scuffle the realm gets involved in despite it being clicked. It's going to gently caress me over because after 5 years I haven't had a singular chance to stay home get an heir.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

verbal enema posted:

Are you a vassal? Your liege doesnt care about that button if your in his commander ranks or w/e

Yeah, this is what the problem was. My character started off as a Commander.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheBlackRoija posted:

Unless ck2+ changes it, leading armies doesn't have an effect on you getting an heir. Your sperm can travel great distances back to your court no matter where you are in the world, so long as you aren't imprisoned.
It does increase your chances of untimely death or becoming a vegetable though.

If you're away from your court you get a 100% reduction in fertility and reduction in spy power. In CK2Plus that is.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eric the Mauve posted:

Fair points but there's a reasonable middle ground somewhere between "lose one county and instantly lose empire title" and "can go all the way down to one county and still call yourself an emperor with a straight face."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_XI_Palaiologos

Deceitful Penguin posted:

The real problem is that you can't have conflicting titles, when this was a pretty big part of the whole feudal equation; this would help solve the title forming stuff, would make for more interesting vassal game (having two conflicting lieges for instance) but I imagine it would be a massive pain to do, or they probs woulda done it already.

That would be a really elegant way to solve the issue but I honestly doubt the CK2 engine could support it. It appears to be a binary arrangement whether it's owned or not. Rebellions appear to just create a new titular title on the fly until it's conclusion. This would have to be one of those things brought up in CK3. Internal mechanics within realms should include a huge amount of horse jumping between the various ranks on who is their immediate liege lord or if they even have one at all. To elaborate, what I'm saying is the Counts should be provided a mechanic to instantly switch out from underneath a Duke to another one or just remain under the King alone, or try going independent. The Duke should then be given a CB to fight the Count and the Duke protecting them. Ditto for the King vs Duke. Internal fights honestly should be more time consuming than external expansion.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

BenRGamer posted:

I'm just surprised that Treason/Civil War isn't grounds for execution when it comes to Tyranny. If that isn't, what is?

I think the mass incarceration after a civil war is just as bad. Mayor shitlord doesn't face the same punishment as the ring leaders in a Civil War. Getting that many people in jail at once easily makes the realm too stable as you can replace so many at once.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Parallax Scroll posted:

I considered trying to do something to the caliph. Wasn't sure if that would end the jihad or not.

Also my dude is pretty old. If he dies, does the jihad continue?

The Jihad will continue until peace is concluded. The easiest way to defeat Crusade/Jihad/Great Holy War is by going on the offensive against the person who declared it. So if you were in the Holy Land and the Pope declares a Crusade you embark all your troops and send them to the Papal States and siege him down.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So apparently some guy on Reddit has come up with a Random World Generator. That is; a mod that crafts a new map, tiles, and topography in addition to a generator that creates a new timeline and religions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/51pod5/random_history_map_generator_for_ck2/

Of all the mods that have come and gone since release; this is easily the most ambitious.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I just got back into CK2 after maybe a year of not playing. My last expansion was Horse Lords since it added new provinces and my computer could barely handle India. I purchased all of the DLC so I'm current once again and this council poo poo is loving infuriating. It's becoming clear that CK3 is required to fix some of these various puzzle pieces that don't fit together. If a neighbor goes into rebellion it's usually prime time to nab land. I declare war on the state in defiance of the council. I siege about 60% of the rebellious vassal and the war ends inconclusively. I can clearly remember prior to my break that the rebellious vassal or overlord was required to break the occupation before declaring victory.

At the very least it should follow suit on EUIV and the winner should inherent the war along. As it stands now I'm out of whatever favors and opinion that I used to initiate the war. That is on top of whatever manpower and gold I used to maintain the armies.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jazerus posted:

Historical accuracy!

I refuse to believe this actually existed as it does on the map. There is no way a loving peasant would be able to figure that shitshow out. They'd naturally have gravitated towards each other as power always consolidates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any mods that expands societies and cults? I'm playing as a Hellenic ruler and the only things I get are Old Christian recruitment attempts and an option for the Hermetic society.

• Locked thread