Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Did they remove the England's ability to get a personal union over France in the peace deal? :arghfist::(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I like my England game, it's kind of easy to force the personal union over France, but literally all of Europe freaks out and coalitions against you.

Anyway, how should I be building forts? I just survived a bitch of a punitive war and I'm wondering if I should sink all my loot into building 2 border forts or into building up the economy.

Do forts add to military upkeep cost?

Also, to contribute to the previous fort chat, I think you basically have to keep a force of 10-15k mercenaries just to deal with fort sieges cause they can eat manpower.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Don't try to siege a mountain fortress.

Seriously, don't do it. :suicide:

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I've just been setting my vassals to Scutage (or whatever its called), in the vassal interaction tab. It avoids all that bullshit by keeping them out of wars to begin with, and getting 50% of their income is way more useful than getting a little army that's going to wander off into a massacre.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I'm sure this has been covered, but why are all of France's neighbors allowed to intervene when France attacks England now?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Is there any way to alter technology levels in the save file? All im seeing is stuff like cores , technology group and monarch ability scores.

I want to just set myself up as a 32 technology one province minor in 1444 and just gently caress up the entire map.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I'm having a hilariously easy time as France.

I started an ironman France game to pick up some easy achievements, but somehow lucked into a personal union with Castille within the first ten years; so I started gearing up to seize some land from Burgundy, but before I could start the war the Duke died and I got all that land for free in the inheritance event. Then as soon as I'd shoved out the English I got free claims on all of Naples for some reason, so after two short wars I was able to grab Aragon, Naples, and Provence, and make Sicily and Sardinia vassals despite the AE.

The game basically gave me the western Roman Empire, it's loving amazing.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

420 Gank Mid posted:

Are you on track for Big Blue Blob?

Oh gently caress yeah, I integrated Spain by 1550, and was all set to finish conquering Italy

but then I got distracted conquering the world.

I've also been pissing off my colonies and nobles to try and trigger the American / French revolutions and mix things up a little.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Is it just me or is Moscow/Russia designed to always explode around 1600?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Does anyone know the three letter nation tag for the Roman Empire, the Knights Templar, the Hashashin and the Jomsvikings?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

TTBF posted:

Go to console, enter debug_info, hover over a province belong to each of those countries.

Thanks!

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
My ironman game is stuck in 1572 and won't let me continue in ironman mode. When I go to cloud saved games and click on it the ironman box is unchecked, it wont let me click on it, and when I hover over it the box says I need to be logged in to Steam, which I am.

Anyone know what happened here? Is my game ruined?

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

popewiles posted:

Ethiopia is super fun. Take exploration first to size the Cape and as much of Africa while you can. Race to take Egypt from the Mamluks before the Ottomans can get a mission for it. By the time you're bumping up against the Ottomans you should be big enough to ally the Commonwealth or another major Christian power from across the Mediterranean. Oh and you start with a God-King so you can eke out a tech advantage on all of your neighbors.

Thanks for the tip, I've been wanting to start a new EU4 game.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
How are you supposed to win the 100 years war as France? I managed to time it perfectly so that Austria couldn't join in, but it still seems like every Portuguese and English army I smash is just replaced a few months later.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I started screwing around with console commands to shake up the grand campaign and put some different nations on the map, but when I got around to making Romania it made the Roman Empire instead.

Type integrate WAL ROM into console , it's actually got some really good ideas and traditions.

I've also found Canada as CAN , and their first idea is singing lumberjacks. :canada:

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
How do you show province tax by year instead of by month? I think I changed it a long time ago and forgot how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all

PittTheElder posted:

PS Paradox fix the map projection

• Locked thread